Digital Foundry: COD Infinite Warfare runs 2x1080P Buffers reconstructed on PS4 Pro

>Here we saw the very same game, but rendering at a higher pixel rate to hand in a vastly clearer image. The code we saw suggests that Sony's checkerboard upscaler is in effect here. As with Horizon: Zero Dawn and other titles seen at the PlayStation Meeting, this renders out a 2x 1080p pixel count in a 2x2 checkerboard format, extrapolated out to get perceptibly close to the real deal. This can also manifest as a subtle stippling pattern on high-contrast edges in motion, difficult to pick out unless you ogle the screen closely.

>COD and Horizon Zero Dawn are not even 1440P
>Only 1080P Checkerboarded out x2 to reconstruct to 4K like the xbone version of quantum break used 4x720P checkerboard sampling to reconstruct 1080P

So what the fuck is the point of the PS4 when you aren't even getting a resolution or framerate boost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R_D9iX9U40E
youtube.com/watch?v=1Uuw1xxdJLc
youtube.com/watch?v=POxfQCnANcA
uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2016
>being a sonycuck

resolution bullshit is stupid shit for consumerist weirdos

i have a 1080p tv. im not buying a new one. just give me a solid framerate. resolution bullshit literally doesn't matter. if i sat you down in front of a 900p video and told you it was 1080p, you would believe me. resolution is a meme for megacucks.

>who care about graphics, it's all about waiting for games

it's thiccer

>muh grafix!

I'd buy a $1500 PC if I'd give a fuck about it.

thing that got me really bad was

>4X ansiostrpic filtering on ps4pro

cant even do 16X filtering.

>So what the fuck is the point of the PS4
It's a cheap gaming machine dude

Resolution is the new audiophile

>Cheap gaming machine upgraded for "4K"
>Still can't do past 1080P

What the fuck is the point of the PS4 pro then?

Read the rules

4k? What do you need 1440p for? 1080p is more than enough.

>pc
>graphics

would rather have 900p60fps than 1080p30fps with drops tbqhf

>yes goy, go buy a 4k TV with extended protection for only $1500, you really need the upgrade

>So what the fuck is the point of the PS4

to brag about a nogaems machine

Is this supposed to be impressive?

>4xAF
>Checkerboarding artifacts
>1080Px2 checkerboarding

And this is impressive how?

Your just jealous cuz u can't play it

Still waiting to be impressed.

Not to mention sub 30fps and fucking horrible image quality.

Even a 480 390 and 980 could handle 4k at 30 fps

I had an hdready tv for years and decided it was time to upgrade, turns out there are amazing 4k smart TVs really fucking cheap ao I went for it, and I live in a third world shithole, but I won't need to upgrade my TV in 10 years.

That one doesn't count.

Looks like a PS3 game

>those awful ground textures
>that awful grass jutting out of the ground in a jarring way

The irony is that it looks much better than

> multi-plat gimped by pc

What are you trying to prove?

>Those trees
>That water
>Those effects
Kek, is this what people seriously brag about?

please be honest, how many of you actually have a 4K monitor / TV?

>PS3 water effects
>Low Level Of Detail
>Little texture filtering

What are you trying to prove?

> ITT: poorfags who never looked at a 4K TV.

As DF is already pointing out, you have to literally sit right in front of the screen and carefully watch high contract pixels to see a subtle stippling pattern

Don't act like anyone would notice the difference , you fucks.

>graphics don't count now that sony's system isn't the best one
this was predicted years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_D9iX9U40E
watch at 13:00 onwards

pretty much saying that PS4 pro doesn't have the capability to offer both better graphics and higher res at the same time and most games will have to pick one or the other

also predict that the majority of the games on ps4 pro will be running at ps4 graphics because devs won't bother to offer higher res textures and will simply increase the res(but not to 4k because it can't handle ps4 graphics at 4k)

is the jump from 1080p to 4k really that impressive compared to 360p/480p to HD though? especially for someone who won't be sitting too far from the screen.

Why don't PC use all these tricks to make affordable 4k as well? Then probably people will start buying PCs.

>just step 7 ft back

You could step enough ft back to make any shit look good

Pc has been able to run 4k at 30fps+ for 3 years it's nothing new

shit on it all you want but the result is pretty decent and miles better than 1080p

any word on checkerboard rendering coming to pc?

got a 4k monitor but can't run any games in 4k on gtx 1060, and scaling from 1440 looks like garbage especially compared to this checkerboard rendering fuckery

Keyword is affordable

>you don't even notice the upscaling artifacts and shaky framerate from halfway across your house!
Gee wiz, thanks Digital Shilling and Sony!

>Pc has been able to run 4k at 30fps+ for 3 years it's nothing new

Yeah but with graphics like

youtube.com/watch?v=1Uuw1xxdJLc

>any word on checkerboard rendering coming to pc?
Are you fucking kidding?

making PC gaming more affordable won't do much in the long run

price isn't the only reason most people choose to go with consoles

No at Max not some outdated shit

>and miles better than 1080p
Not really, and this looks worse than native 1440p.

>can't run any games in 4k on gtx 1060
no? it looks better than 1080 or 1440p scaled to 4k so i'd have a bite of that please

Try upscaling 1440p to 4K.

Cred Forums is like retardville

Honestly, the PS4 Pro is proof that 4K is not necessary on a TV

A console port at high settings look better and runs +60 fps at the same time

this is 1440p upscaled to 4K
blurry mess lacking of any detail, try swap between this and the checkerboarded pic from horizon and tell which is clearer and sharper

PS4 Pro is the best news of the year !

Can 4K just fuck off on consoles

for fucks sake we barely can get 1080p 60FPS in most games on consoles, now people are screaming for 4K?

But here's the thing.

Would anyone know the difference between native 4k and whatever the fuck PS4 Pro is doing?

we actually dont know the AF levels for horizon

Still the Crysis pic because its upscaling from a bigger resolution so detail will still pop. Horizon ZD is scaling from 2x1080P images using a checkerboard uspscaling and "Nearest Neighbour" technique which makes it blurrier.

Native 4K and upscaled 4K is even more stark and noticeable than the difference between 720P and 1080P, user.

i gave the crysis pic every advantage tho, 4xTXAA High and billinear scaling so it doesnt turn afwul like nearest neighbor
here it is with nearest neighbor to 4K and horizon still looks nicer and not as jaggy

>if i sat you down in front of a 900p video and told you it was 1080p, you would believe me.
Eh, recently when I played the titanfall 2 beta it looked a bit blurry to me on my 42 inch TV. Later I found out from v that it's 900p on ps4. Didn't even try googling it or anything some pcuck was memeing that it was 900p and I was like k that makes sense. Not that I give a shit, just saying I could definitely see the difference between 900p and 1080p without even looking for it.

This, 1080p still looks good to me and for that I am glad. I don't have to waste my money on high end shit to get diminishing returns.

Too bad this feel will only last a year or two more...

DELET THIS

>tfw got a gaystation 4 and black cocks for $280
>tfw hdr TV
>tfw didn't fall for the pro meme

lmao at idiots buying this shit for 4k*

>Too bad this feel will only last a year or two more...
Its crazy how console games and resolution age.

I remember the first time I saw cod4 on my ps3. It actually looked stunningly beautiful at release date. Played it again yesterday briefly on ps3 and I was shocked at how bad it looked.

>take a factual article to push console bias

Cred Forums, everyone

>4xTXAA
Crysis 3 doesn't even have TXAA m8.
Also, Horizon still looks worse than both of those screenshots, which is hilarious considering Crysis 3 is almost 4 years old.

Are you retarded?
1440p actually upscales to 4k pretty decently.

Nice try, Sony

but you are it's 1440p-1800p upscaled or 1080 with ssaa, cod might be lower since it's doing 60 fps

come on now who are you trying to fool

Color me surprised, I figured it was just SMAA/MSAA/FXAA.
That said, you're better off with SMAA, TXAA is blurry garbage.
Also
>high
Disgusting

nvidia likes money

The hell do you call this then?

Rainbow Six Siege on PC does use something like this, but you can disable it.
Frankly, I don't think it's worth it, especially considering how ugly a lot of the games that use it are.

It doesn't do shit to Bloodborne.

The only reason to own a PS4 doesn't see any benefit from the new machine. And it doesn't even do 4k bluray either.

Seriously not sure what the purpose of this machine is at the moment, unless they're just prepositioning it as a better VR experience.

I was hoping for a w3 patch but heard it's getting jack shit

I bought a slim. Mid-cycle upgrades are a garbage idea, I don't support it.

>can't run fucking Cowadooty at even 1440p
What's the fucking point of this console.

Also
>4x anisotropic filtering

What?
I've always turned anisotropic to max ever since it was introduced because it has never affected performance, what's up with it on consoles?

>Implying you won't get more benefit if you have it looked up to a 1080p
I'll take stable framerate any day of the week instead of the hdr meme

You did good

framerate is a meme too, the importance of which depends on the game. Most games with bad framerates would not be good even if they had a higher framerate, people use framerate as a deciding factor on if to play a game instead of the actual game design itself.

>there are people who claim anything under 120FPS gives them ass cancer

yeah i really really dont give a fuck. im just waiting to see if any games get a framerate buff from this bullshite.

I honestly know nothing about tech so this Pro shit confuses me desu. Like I guess if I don't own a 4K monitor, then there's no performance boost or anything?

1080p is fine 4k is for idiots who have to much money.

they said the machine will detect if you're using a 4k or 1080p screen, and then adjust the game to either give you more fps or more resolution
some games would give you the option to choose too i think, tomb raider

>2560×1440 = 3,686,400
>1920×1080 = 2,073,600
>2,073,600 x 2 = 4,147,200
>COD and Horizon Zero Dawn are not even 1440P
Are you retarded OP? Oh right... you are a PCuck and we all know PCucks are always butthurt and always lying.

>Sonyfag doesn't know how Checkerboard uprendering works

It's two 1080P images drawn and sampled to give a 4K framebuffer. It's still 1080P just like Quantum Break was still 720P on Xbone despite using the same technique of 4x720P samples to reconstruct an image.

Both are only 1080P. Deal with it.

>OP doesn't know what supersampling is

What the fuck, are you from 2000 or something?

So you are a retard, good to know.

>This one faggot doesn't know either what supersampling is

Cred Forums really amuses me, full of ignorant fucks, holy shit.

F*CK

>No rebuttals, Only insults
>Thinks a 1080P Buffer game can supersample on a 1080P
>Buys a 4K* console for 1080P

The stench of Sonyggers being BTFO is overwhelming in here

*Upscaled from 1080P

>memes memes memes
The PS4 Pro renders those games at 2 times the resolution of 1080p and then use the checkerboard method to upress it to 4K. There, this will be the last time I will post in this retarded thread.

Get your eyes checked or get a bigger TV.

>this will be the last time I will post in this retarded thread

Why? It suits you.

>2016
>being a consolecuck
FTFY

Using the same technique, Quantum Break used on the Xbone rendering 4x720P images to compose a 1080P output where Guerilla and Infinity ward are rendering two 2x1080P images to create a 4K output buffer

So still only 1080P then. Thanks for clearing it up Sonyfriend.

>What the fuck is the point of the PS4 pro then?
To give sony your money

Nice, CGI trailers.

I love how they trotted out the "It would make multiplayer games too unfair!" excuse for not allowing games to have better framerate options.

All that matters to me is the games look and rub better.

Jesus Christ you people make PC owners who actually like videogames look bad

It would.

But that doesn't mean single player games can't see a benefit and won't get one.

do all the games run at 60fps on pro???????

i have to know

60fps subnative 4k with blurry textures...

The problem is that most ps4 games will have neither. There is no reason why better hardware shouldn't automatically mean stabler framerates on all existing titles other than Sony being cunts.

You misunderstand. That requirement exists for the platform wholesale; single-player games lose this option because of multiplayer.

I just bought a regular ps4 after hearing that at best I'm gonna get 4k resolution out of the pro version

idgaf about 4k resolution, my tv doesn't support it and I have 0 intention of buying one as it is of yet still a marketing scam and not a visual upgrade worth getting on a tv

I know I could have waited for the price drop, but my ps3 died on me and I've been wanting to play a bunch of ps4 games for a while now anyways

>Sonyggers and microshills still think that sony & microsoft are going to sell them the hardware that costs several thousand bucks which is required to run native 4k resolution at acceptable frame rates for 400 bucks.
Consolefags are dumber than the average nigger. Enjoy your downclocked RX 470 for 399$ you faggots!

Except they mentioned patches improving fps...?

Pro will have better looking games and more stable fps which is what I want.

This is why I am buying it and have waited to buy a PS4. I don't give a fuck about the 4k meme.

can you play the game w/o the fucking minimap? last time i checked cavemen weren't into gps that much

That was just to cover the fact that they can't do 60 fps with that shit cpu

If they cared about multiplayer games being too unfair, they wouldn't have advertised and sold that 150 dollar mouse thing

Or the fact that a higher res than 1080p would easily allow for an advantage in online etc etc

>Here we saw the very same game
literally sony since ps3

>they wouldn't have advertised and sold that 150 dollar mouse thing

??

idk..having the choice like in the coming Rise of Tomb Raider between 1080p 60fps and 4k(?) sounds pretty cool. Too bad it's not really confirmed for other games

Sonycucks BTFO

No idea why sony didn't stick 12gb vram in there like the scorpio will have. That will be the most telling difference in future comparisons

This desu. Do you anons really want to move your furniture around just for a meme?

>PS4
>60 FPS

apex kek

>this renders out a 2x 1080p pixel count in a 2x2 checkerboard format
Exactly what Sony said since the beginning PS4 Pro would do, render games at 4mp instead of 4K's 8mp, because a reconstructed 4mp image is better than a 2mp upscaled.

>Fake upscaled 4k

Thanks sony now I have to wait for the scorpio for true 4k now

You mean a downclocked RX480.

holy shit all the delusion in this post.

this

What is it about the PS4 that gets Cred Forums so upset?

Heard that's getting boosted to 7TF with a memory bandwidth of 384mb/s

I have a very expensive big 1080p tv. If you said something is 900p, I would probably check that out. If I am playing a game and have the filters turned off, it's noticeable. Call me an autist if you want, but I am a "visualphile" if that's even a word.

I agree with the rest though. I wont buy a new tv since this one cost more than a new car and I am more than happy. 1080p is fine, give me stable framerate and not this buzzword marketing bullshit.

1080p 40fps
and 2x(aka basically 1440p) at sub 30fps
or sub 30fps at ultra settings

This is CONFIRMED. No 60fps and and no 4k.

>Turn down brightness on tv
>problem solved

It's sad there are people that hyper analyze graphics so much. Yes graphics are important but damn.

It's been downclocked so much that it's basically a downclocked 470.

Wow you used bicubic to upscale instead of their 2x2 checkerboard upscaling so your post is utterly meaningless.

nice bullshot rendered on a quad SLI pc

>brightness turns down vaseline filters, depth of field, and bloom
Stay mental you fucking cuck.

>that water
>2d trees
just like Farcry 4 on ps4

i know that crysis 3 actually exists while on the other hand - there is no credible game play footage of horizon dawn on an actual ps4/pro.

>Heard that's getting boosted to 7TF

It's a console game:
>Still waiting to be impressed
>CGI trailers
>enjoy your 19 fps

If it would be a PC game:
>OMG what a nice innovation of monsters
>this game actually has gameplay and is not just a walking sim
>what a nice effects it has despite being a PC game, thanks for not being another clone of League of Legends

the lies

>and horizon still looks nicer and not as jaggy
Because you haven't disabled CA in Crysis 3 you retard, that's extremely obvious.

Depends on the distance you sit from the TV, that said I have a 4k tv and watch everything on 1080p, I see no difference with native 4k stuff. 48 inch and about 1.5 meters away from my TV.

As for games, framerate over resolution any day.

this is the state Cred Forums is in right now, my god

this, console faggots dont even understand chromatic aberation

>Being this mad over simply turning down the brightness to improve the picture
GG

Crushing blacks doesn't improve the picture.

you dont have any native 4k stuff. a 4k blu ray movie would be 60 gigabytes.

This is coming from the same faggit who thinks pic related is the epitome of grafixxx

You can't be serious m8, the PS4 is locked at 30FPS.

Neofaggers always show up to shill for free whenever Sony shits something new. They'll go away when it gets released.

Not with that CPU

Who cares, the PS4 Pro can do 7 Teraframes per second. Thats all that matters.

what is wrong with it?

>the PS4 is locked at 30FPS.

How hard is it to download a 50 gig Blu-ray image?

go to digital foundry, watch the whole gta5 video, the ps4 dips to 24 fps after the cinematic ends,
now, the person who originally made that picture with a ps4 as fast as an amd 380x , is the one who CLEARLY WASNT BEING SERIOUS

That game looks better than Horizon but it's not an epitome.

Look at the shitty lighting.

>console
>graphics

>That game looks better than Horizon

the point, user, is to make a shitload of money of dumb fucks like the people in this thread

There are more polygons in the left one

WELL YOU CAN'T PLAY BLOODBORNE AND... U-UNCHARTED AND UM PERSONA?? ON A PC YOU FUCKING PKEK HAHAHA

GOT EM #4THEPLAYERS

>the ps4 is locked at 30fps
for good reason

>spend all that time trying to make the Witcher look worse
>it still looks better

it looks like a cartoon

>bloodborne is the 26th best selling game on ps4
>only 22% of the owners finished the achievements
>some of those 22% were PC gamers borrowing the game and console from an idiort gamer

trophies and game collecting tho

What the fuck is this post even trying to say?
Why is every consolenigger (Sonygger) an ESL faggot?

Because that's the only thing your platform is good for, pcuck

in the game cube era i would totally be flipped on this whole debate with the exclusives i had 12 - 14 years ago, i wouldnt be as pro PC as i am now
stay mad console peasant, this taxi goes over 30 fps

>Tries to claim its 4mp
>It's actually Two 2mp images reconstructed to 8mp
>Still can't get 60FPS

youtube.com/watch?v=POxfQCnANcA

The deciding factor usually isn't how HIGH the framerate gets, but instead it's about whether or not the game can keep a CONSISTENT framerate.

However, great games like Bloodborne are only great despite their 30 fps cap. Higher is always better, but stability is the key.

Bloodborne in 60 fps?

Never ever

Pcucks still enjoying scraps from the master's table. Some small minority of pcucks throws their money at nvidia to polish the scraps console masters give them. Stay mad.

your argument makes literally zero sense, the ps4 is 10% better than a ps3 and the ps4pro is just another 10% - just like southpark said.

Why do developers lock there games on a console, dont developers want people to buy there game? Dont they want there game to run at a higher frame rate than 24?
Microsoft put there exclusives on pc so they did not have to experience this shit. Why does sony have to be a fucking jew?

Zoom in and it all falls apart

Am I the only one who think's the reconstruction method will use up the CPU slot?

Using two 1080p frames and smashing them together has to take a toll on more than just the graphics chip.

Sonycucks are retarded. They pay for online after all

sony is cucking their own system with a gimmick uspcale chip rather than changing the contract with AMD to avoid jaguar chips

>Why do developers lock there games on a console, dont developers want people to buy there game?

they get hefty handouts from publishers (usually first parties like Sony or MS). they accept either because they can't get funding elsewhere, or because they're literally being given more money up front then they'd get on the short term if they released to more platforms.

>Microsoft put there exclusives on pc so they did not have to experience this shit.
microsoft puts their exclusives on windows 10. stop acting like they're targeting a platform or doing you a favor.

>ps4 pro uses PC hardware
>sony fanboys thinks this means that consoles win
>every sony console sold gives %$ to a PC hardware manufacturer

only AMD can truely benefit from this, sony fanboys dont even see how hard they are cucked

Ok.

What this means in practice? I want a serious, honest answer, not meme response, if you can do that user.

I am genuinely interested.

pretty much. people have gotten to run Linux to run on them with full 3d acceleration support. because the amgdpu drivers literally work perfectly with just a bit of fiddling.

current gen PCs are deadlocked consoles. there's nothing more to it.

So you're a literal nigger/europoor?

slow cpu = poor framerate on cpu intensive games (open world for example, wich is pretty much every game now)

>pc is a dead locked console
what did he mean by this?

So the PS4 pro is actually a downgrade from the regular PS4?

why are you asking us instead of getting a google answer in 10 seconds?
ps4 = 1.7ghz and shitty graphics chip
ps4pro = 2ghz and two shitty graphics chips

This is the power of pc gaming.

Devs have said checkerboard rendering has a GPU cost as well and no dedicated chip so it's not "Free" like the upscaler that's also being included, either so it's limiting some games to 1440P.

no, its just that is more of a sidegrade than anything else. Its better? yes. But not THAT better to make the difference.

>the power of real world physics on next gen consoles

I know the specs. I am asking you about your opinion. It doesn't mean I agree with you or think you are not stupid just because I don't explicitly state it. I am more interested in your thought pattern at the moment.

>slow cpu = poor framerate on cpu intensive games (open world for example, wich is pretty much every game now)
Does this imply that PS4 regular version runs better (more framerates, whatever arbitrary definition fits to you) than PS4 pro, because the upscaling is more intensive on the HW than an actual HW upgrade in the PS4 pro is?

the PS4 is a fully capable x86_64 machine. one that's actually pretty fucking good for the price.

as it stands, there are no gaming machines that come close in terms of cost to performance ratio. you could get similar perf with a custom build of the same price but it's going to be much larger and won't come with amenities like built-in wireless controller support and shit.

but since you can't even run unsigned binaries on them, they're worthless. because Sony would rather prevent piracy than allow you to use your machine to its full extent. so with your 400$ console that's as powerful and flexible as your PC, you can only play sony-approved games and run sony-approved applications acquired from sony-approved sources.

it's bullshit. I wish valve would get its shit together and sell an AIO console with AMD SoCs rather than the half-assed overpriced shit they're trying to dump on us. then we'd get to benefit from economies of scale, a platform that allows you to do whatever the fuck you want and an OS that's not pure and utter shit.

That looks really fun. What game is that?

your post is full retard
digital foundry on youtube shows that a ps4 struggles against a 400$ computer on any game that isnt programmed by literal retards

Forza Horny 3

>amenities
>built in wireless controller support
shit that gaming PC's dont need , ever

>2014+2
>not knowing what a speedrun is

its, FOX, USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!! know your correct meme usage

I own a PC and PS4, was hoping the PS4 Pro would simply be able to play everything reliably at 1080p 60fps, instead Im going to get extra shiny graphics and MSAA, presumably with the same struggling 25fps framerate.

Spent the money I'd set aside on a GTX 1070 instead.

Thankfully the news of the Pro, 2 of my 3 main irl friends who previously only had PS4 have turned to me for advice on building PC's. Which means I won't have to buy multiplats on PS4 anymore.

of course you dumb gaymer shit, the current gen consoles are old as fuck. it's going to be much closer with the new PS4/Xbone iterations.

I'm not trying to defend shitty consoles. that's the truth of it. and it's the reason why MS and Sony are adopting new release models.

in any case, you missed the fucking point. I want a small form factor PC that works out of the box and doesn't suck ass for the price. that doesn't exist right now.

why? because you sit at a desk and use M&K? why can't I fucking have both? I have friends, you fucking idiot. I want to play multiplayer hot seat games with them.

>playing alone in your room
>sitting in your chair while playing, emulating working rather than playing
>using devices that cause carpal tunnel syndrome and are better for shitposting on the internet than playing actual games
>pc master race

This could spell the death of PlayStation if this catches on

>He says while sitting alone in his room shitposting
Keep it in line nigger.

Me, and I love the ppi.

This just proves my point. Pcuck needs to port even arguments from the master's table.

Should have just got xbone for the crossplay

The perceived resolution of the PS4 Pro approach is higher than 1440p despite pushing the same number of pixels (2x1080p interlaced)

It is fake 4k, but it is very well implemented

You're still getting a resolution boost.

I dunno what the fuck it is about the PS4, but for some reason everything has shit anistropic filtering.

I really, really want a technical breakdown for retards as to why this is such a common issue on the hardware. I really doubt it's an issue of performance.

>So what the fuck is the point of the PS4 when you aren't even getting a resolution or framerate boost?

>2 times 1080p
>no resolution boost

How are people this stupid? It is at least 2 times the resolution not to mention that the reconstruction further refines detail for a 4k framebuffer.

The difference is night and day. Digital foundry even fuckin said that it was a huge difference.

>still don't own a PS4
>still only one game I want on the PS4
>now we find out the PS4 still can't really manage 1080p very well and zero word on framerate which probably means it's all over the place still
>mfw

What was the fucking point of this thing? So very very few people own 4k televisions. Very many people own 1080 television but only in last 4 or so years and some of those people have already bought many of their movies in Blu-ray.

Does Sony really expect people to go out on a whim now and buy a PS4 4k Blu-Ray playback and ON TOP OF THAT re-purchase new enhanced 4k versions of the same Blu-Rays on top of not even getting that much better performance in games?

Really?

Reminder that consoles are getting more of the downsides of PC every day and none of the upsides, along with other bullshit like paying for online.

Not long now lads

Sony's grand mistake in my opinion was the pay to play bullshit.

They'd still have the edge on Microsoft and also being a cheap-ass piece of hardware to play games on for lazy people but still really competitive due to not having to pay to play online with PC as well.

Instead they shot themselves in the foot and you still have to factor the monthly payment into the console which puts it right up there with a PC in the long run.

>ps4 can't handle 1080p
Dude the vast vast majority of games are 1080p on PS4. Only very few titles are below that and they are all 3rd party multiplatform titles where they shove their multiplatform rendering tech into the game because they don't have the budget to do thorough optimization.

I said very well. No word on this thing handling anything at silky smooth 60 fps at 1080. I know the PS4 can barely manage a steady buttery smooth 30 when anything is attempting 1080.

This thing sounds like it's going to try to bump resolution and still get a silky smooth buttery 24.3 """"consistent""""" fps at their butchered "kinda sorta we tried" 4k attempt.

GWAFIX GWAFIX NOTHING MATTERS BUT MUH GWAFIX!

God you fucks are annoying.

THIS

it is misleading to say you're PC can run games at 1080p if it can't run them at 60 fps average

How dense are you? Just because some popular games didn't reach 1080p60fps doesn't mean that there aren't many games that do.

Wow that's beautiful

Give me a list of major games on the PS4 running at 1080 with a rock-solid 60 fps. Considering they marketed the PS4 as a major powerhouse in that regard it should be stupidly simple. Please educate me.

>major games
what does that mean?

Think about the point you're trying to make before typing out embarrasing shit like that.

uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Borderlands 2
Call of Duty: Advanced warfare
Call of Duty: Black ops 3
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Child of light
Dark Souls 2
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Dirt Rally
Doom
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
F1 2015
F1 2016
FIFA 14
FIFA 15
FIFA 16
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metro Redux
Mighty No.9
Minecraft
Murdered: Soul Suspect
NBA 2K 14
Outlast
Overwatch
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Pro Evolution Soccer 15
Pro Evolution Soccer 16
Pro Evolution Soccer 17
Project cars
Rainbow 6 Siege
Resident Evil : Revelations 2
Shadow Warrior
Skylanders: Swap Force
Sniper Elite 3
Street Fighter 5
The Talos Principle
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Witness
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Tranformers Devastation
Trials fusion
Trine 2
Trine 3: Artifacts of Power
Warframe
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
WWE 2K15
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Inside
Rogue Legacy
Spelunky
Dead Rising : Remaster
God of War III Remastered
Gravity Rush : Remastered
Journey
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 4
The Last of Us: Remastered (Can choose 30fps or 60 fps)
Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Primal carnage:Extinction
Resogun
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Sword art online lost song
Tearaway Unfolded
The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition
MLB 14: The Show
Blacklight: Retribution
FlOw
Flower
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
King of Fighters 14

Those were the ones i could find.
Then there are games that are pretty much mostly 1080p but rock solid 60fps like Doom but i don't know if it counts in your book even if the difference between native and slight variable res is indistinguishable.

old outdated list.

>2016
>Still giving a fuck about Digital Foundry

kill yourselves

That's because there are no upsides to PC gaming

>Not long now

I remember people saying that last generation

But PC has none of the upsides of consoles.

Thank you for going to the time and trouble of that list but if you'll acutly notice nearly every one of those titles falls into less that an handful of categories.

A. Remakes from PS3 and older. Already running on a toaster. Add some effects. Done.

B. Indie titles that could run on a toaster laptop. Not that difficult.

C. DOOM and Wolfenstien New Order. ID make their newer games to run on shit hardware by turning things down instead of adding stupid shit and bloom everywhere.

So, you have one competent developer that actually designs their games around 60 fps gameplay at kinda shit settings.

If only all of them did that.

The only advantage a console has anymore is buy-plug-and-turn on nature of the hardware itself. You can't even insert a disc and go right in game anymore.

>DOOM and Wolfenstien New Order. ID make their newer games to run on shit hardware by turning things down instead of adding stupid shit and bloom everywhere.
Not completely true they are incredibly well optimized and but they run at a variable resolution.

I understand you want the perfect made for 1080p60fps like MGSV but not all developers fucking cares about that at all lol. Kojima productions cared but we all know what happened to them.

>Being this autistic

They really are getting shit now with sony charging for online/being ridiculously under powered. They don't even win on price anymore if you factor in online.

I'll list the obvious upsides

Cheaper once you consider online
Doubles up as the best device for internet browsing/work/making content.
FAR better graphics
More games

Like what, the major ones are all disappearing.

>7 year upgrade cycle
>being reasonably well specced
>being simple to use (you have to be braindead to mess up a PC now)

>you have to be braindead to mess up a PC no

Iceposeidon shows how PC gaming can be really complex if you are unlucky.

You should check out the destiny tech support for iceposidons $5k dollar rig.

Upscaling is never decent, ever, games are meant to be played at the screen's native resolution.
If I were a console owner, I'd want 1080p with decent framerates, not cheap tricks to make the game almost look passable on 2160p at 24 fps.

Power surge would fuck anything up, also

>spending 5k on a PC

cheap ones can now run most games at 1080p/60fps/ultra

Yeah sucks.

But to be honest some of the newest games that are well optimized on console aren't always that well optimized on PC unless the game isn't that graphics intensive.

I just see a lot of pc ports that aren't what they should be.

Sonycucks will pay for anything their cuck masters shits out

Upscaling isn't popular on PC, even when it's done well you can still tell, everything looks blurry since it's so close to your face. People are saying they can't tell the difference between 900p and 1080p on a TV, you can on a monitor though. I'd imagine 1080p/1440p upscaled to 2160p would look the same.

Specials?

>Sony puts out a new console for better resolution/graphics
>"WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS"
Are you brain damaged?

>Dark Souls 2
That isn't 60fps so no.

PS4 Pro is a PC you fucking retard.

The moment consoles went x86, they became PCs; literally.

on ps4 it is.

True. Just a really shitty locked down system that you have to pay money to pay money to use the internet on it.