/comfy™ games/ - general

Good day, Cred Forums.

Let's make a /comfy™ games/ general.

Let's share our lists of most comfy games, games that make you feel cozy inside when you play them (or warm snug scenes in any kind of game).

Let's share our stories of pure comfiness.

Let's /comfy™ games/ - general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dM6elRs7F5k
youtube.com/watch?v=NVNlTxprfL8
mega.nz/#!3R5lmJyK!lbUhvNujWJnTurQgZXOxBUmOFPXnsNzJlAHDREpo8RY
youtube.com/watch?v=EBBX4CW5fA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump it

Anno 1404.

I wasted whole days playing it.

Aight:

VTMB can be strangely comfy at time, especially Santa Monica.

The Ebon Hawk, Taris and Manaan in KOTOR can be pretty comfy.

Jade Empire is also very comfy, especially the tutorial area and the Imperial City.

Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon
Anno2070
Cities Skyline
Stardew Valley
Terraria

Kirby and Katamari are both the comfiest shit imaginable, at least in part because of their soundtracks.

Listening to pic related right now.

Thief 1/2, fan missions, and darkmod fan missions.
Stealing shit is pretty cozy

Also,
Civ 5
The Long Dark
Cook, Serve, Delicious (kinda)
Most puzzle games, especially Zachtronic games.

Poi is really comfy

Super Mario Galaxy and Sunshine
Wind Waker
Endless Ocean
Chrono Trigger

I've been looking for something I can play absent mindedly while I'm in class or watching a stream. Is there a game, maybe menu based like FTL, that anyone can recommend?

Any Klonoa game would be nice.

anno 1404
american truck simulator
Cities Skyline
Democracy 3
This is the police
No Man's sky
really comfy games

The Great Hollow in Dark Souls, except for the parts with enemies...

Any Gran Turismo game, alone, night stage

got a link to dat dere kirbeh soundtrack?

Something like sim city or cities skyling should be fairly easy to mindlessly play

Concrete jungle also sounds like it'd fit your criteria. It's comfy AF, complete with rain and night time (purely aesthetic)

Are isometric games the comfiest?

What other genres are naturally comfy?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R when you are just exploring the landscape or sit at a bonfire with other guys playing guitars

Minecraft can be comfy i guess? havent played it in a while

Rust is also comfy as fuck.
>midnight
>sitting at my bonfire
>waiting for my chicken to be finished
>can hear wolves outside

The Long Dark

Fatal Frame/Project Zero 5 is the comfiest horror game ever made

2d point & click games.

95% are comfy as fuck.

Minecraft is super comfy. Don't let Cred Forums memes and "only children play minecraft" convince you otherwise. On a similar vein, factorio - outside of biter rushes, it's really just optimizing and expanding your factory, which is super comf

STALKER is comfy in a unique way. Exploration/plinking at bandits punctuated with horror/firefights give it a serene and immersive feel

Did they add a campaign or is it still free roam and nothing else?

i have a winter tradition of going back into my Harvest Moon: Back to Nature file and doing a little work on the farm. its nice to do some work outdoors(indoors) while its really snowy and fucking cold outside

Still free roam, unfortunately. They recently improved the increasing difficulty, and added another mode that takes it to the extreme, though. Development on TLD is still so slow

The Division is actually pretty comfy
Being inside a building when the blizzard is so hard that you can't see 5 feet infront of you
Walking out of an alley way to see the crack of dawn
If I was at home I would upload the pictures i saved

how big is this game?

>I'm feeling depressed and just want something comfy and fun to replay/continue to play
Rune Factory IV
Tetris DS
Kingdom Hearts
The World Ends With You
Okami
SSX 3

>Comfiest games I ever grinded in
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Forza Horizon 2
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XI
Path of Exile
Titan Quest

>Comfiest games I ever explored in
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Grow Home/Up
Fallout: New Vegas
Journey
Risen
Endless Ocean
Spyro the Dragon 1/2/3
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

>Comfiest games I ever played online
Team Fortress 2 (community map /mode servers)
Dota 2 (/vg/ inhouses)
Gary's Mod (mafia servers)
Ace Attorney Online (Cred Forums games)
Age of Mythology (+ expac)
Final Fantasy XI (circa 2005-7)

I need a game like Anno but not Anno. I already had Banished since day one but didn't play it much because it was too buggy. Maybe I'll try it again.

I wanted Prison Architect to be comfy but while there are a ton of management options I like, I hate how the prisoners just stand there instead of actually using workbenches or playing pool or whatever.

Any other games? I never played The Settlers or whatever.

Oh and I didn't mean to make it sound like Prison Architect is like Anno at all, I just randomly through it in there since I got it in the bundle and have been playing it lately.

I want something more like Anno

I can't wait for winter. It's the comfiest time of the year
>Weekend
>Snow everywhere
>Freezing outside
>Bundled up in some blankets
>Hot tea
>Fire going
>Playing favorite vidya
>Ascend to a higher level of comfiness

Have you tried sim city/cities skyline? Or, although different, something like Civ 5?

Super Mario Sunshine is comfy as fuck

Why isn't it in virtual console ;__;

>Have you tried sim city/cities skyline? Or, although different, something like Civ 5?
Played all of those. And Tropico.

Try the City Building series. I recommrnd them in this order:
Caeser 3
Emperor
Zeus + Poseidin
Pharaoh + Cleopatra

Minecraft got ruined by horrible patches.

No it didn't

Stardew Valley
Dragon Quest Series
Earthbound
Terraria
Pokémon
Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario N64/TTYD
Wind Waker

Those games make me feel the most comfy

post images you faggots.

Those are the ones I really need to try.

True to some degree. Moving from the eccentric generation of pre-1.8 to the """""realistic""""" generation of post 1.8 was the biggest mistake ever. In general, the 1.8 update was just a mistake. It introduced some good things, but also bad things.

Beta 1.7.3 with the old technic modpack is maximum comfy.

>Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
>Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
>Gran Turismo 5

Everything about Gravity Rush (art, music, story) is super comfy

i don't think that anyone haven't played this game here but recettear is super comfy.
try these too,
corpse pary = comfy party
ys series
final fantasy 1 psp port with improved sprites
va-11 hall-A
banished
master of Orion 2, this game is a little complex but game is really nice.
devil survivor 2

3d world
Wooly world
Captain toad
Dong freeze

>dragon quest series i tried 4 and damn that enemy encounter was really bad and enemies were so powerfull that if you dont have any potions they can kill you in one fight which shouldn't be possible in any turn based rpgs

A lot of retro games have a really comfy feel. I'm not sure why, perhaps it has to do with the fact that most retro games tend to have simplistic controls and gameplay, and there's just something comfy about older unfiltered graphics

Beginning of KH2.

hows american truck simulator compared to European truck sim

>summer....is over.

;_; godamn it why.

Good. Gameplay is more of the same, which is good.

Mabinogi was comfy as fuck before it died.

final fantasy tactics 1/2
animal crossing new leaf
binding of isaac
luigis mansion dark moon
kirby and the crystal shards
final fantasy echoes of time/ring of fates
rollercoaster tycoon

Though the story had a good few faults and the gameplay was what you'd expect from a walking sim, Firewatch nailed the atmosphere. The music and color palette contribute the most comf. I gotta check out the new update.

Could have used more passive animals though.

Where do you get Emporer at? Besides the bay

Kirby is comfy, an easy game that's still fun
ACNL is comfy if you aren't too plussed about the village care itself
Pokemon is comfy at night
I find it pretty comfy to go back to the early floors of EO games and wander around
Insanaquarium has a comfy personal tank mode

comfy game
>WoW

Drinking tomato juice with pepper and salt and a dash of worcester sauce
Maybe some meaty snack dunno

THIS

WoW TBC private server

youtube.com/watch?v=dM6elRs7F5k

youtube.com/watch?v=NVNlTxprfL8

Quite literally nowhere. It never got put on any digital store for some reason.

I've written into GOG about it several times and started threads on the forums asking about why they're missing it but haven't ever got a solid answer.

Help me, im building another city again.
How do i stop?

kek I looked at GOG before I posted here and read what are most likely your threads about Emporer. Thanks anyways man, maybe I'll track down an iso somewhere

You can pick up hookers and drifters then bury them in the woods. You can also push lone cars into cliffs.

Best of all you get trucker caps.

Thinking about getting no mans sky. I am needing a comfy game. Bad idea?

Wait for a sale.

Trails in the Sky.

Surpirsed Papers, Please hasn't shown up here yet. Easily one of my top 5 comfy games of all time.

Don't do it, not only would you be saying "its okay you lied to me and didnt deliver on a fraction of your promises, heres my money anyways", but the game fails to deliver on the comfy aspect. You are constantly managing inventory, you have a bunch of harsh warnings and timers on everything, and there's not enough content to justify it all.

Save your money and buy 3 $20 games that are comfy. If you're looking for a comfy exploration/survival game, The Long Dark or maybe Don't Starve.
If you're looking for just a comfy game in general, just start looking at games in this thread and see what interest you.
If you're looking for a comfy time sink,
If you're looking for something comfy to play and reflect on yourself, Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator

I think MGS V is komfi, exploring Africa, catching rare animals, sneaking around and kidnapping people... Especially when the rain hits and you're playing Behind the Drapery on your car speakers while driving through the swamps at midnight in your jeep.

Nice thread. Polite bump.

I'm still mad at MGSV but it really is so comfy. It's great just roaming around like you said, but just how it's so easy to pick up and play is also so great. Mission select and bite sized side ops are just so easy to access. I both hate this game and love it dearly.

>listening to Ride A White Horse during sunrise

persona series
telltale games
life is strange
and most of the games others mentioned above me

WoW TBC
dopefish music

my absolute niggah

>spend two days battling XOF through the african jungles
>you're out of ammo, stressed from all the battle, your hand shake and your aim is not steady anymore
>uniform is burnt and bloody
>call in a chopper pickup to get back to your base for some R&R
>chopper approaches, blasting Love Deterrance on speakers
>you ride away into the sunset

neighbours from hell 1 and 2

monkey island

medievil

witcher 1

morrowind

bully

i will say it , even if /v hates it
witcher 3
nothing better than killing a monster , then roaming the map , stopping for mead and some gwent at the inns
comfy af

it may be an unpopular opinion, but... every fifa game ever. of course in manager mode.

As someone who's 17 hours in, I second this.

I usually rush to beat games these days but I just soak this one in. I love to just walk around and take in the scenery. I have so many screenshots of sunset.

I started playing witcher 3 not long ago got 78 hours in, it died for me in a while even though it is pretty comfy it bores me since i rushed through it so fast, it doesn't help that i'm in Trish's quest line, i hate Trish and her quest lines bores me even more... I'll take a break from it and come back when i get the craving
It was really fucking enjoyable while it lasted though, so there's that

Subnautica, very atmospheric and comfy. Unless you have thalassophobia you're not going to have a good time.

without a doubt

Modded starbound is pretty comfy, got to a planet that had plenty rain, rain forest starry night sky, put comfy music on the background, build a comfy cabin and explore, good comfy game.

building a barricade in infinity mode in dead rising while hoarding food to survive

the crew is such a comfy car mmo and its currently free.
so amusing to rek faggots with camaros and mustangs with your nissan 370z / mazda rx7 / skyline gt-r

AOE 2 HD

Usually in a custom made map.

I love giving the AI tons of dosh while I start in a village with several houses and villagers, sheep, tons of gold deposits, and a friendly AI for trading and defending.

Since I'm way ahead in resources I can amass armies to defend while I focus on just laying out a comfy is city.

Bonus points of the map has custom geometry.

Don't know if you're still in the thread but for a kirbybro, I'll drop a link to the limited edition cafe soundtrack

mega.nz/#!3R5lmJyK!lbUhvNujWJnTurQgZXOxBUmOFPXnsNzJlAHDREpo8RY

Nothing's as comfy as playing super mario 64 on an N64 hooked up to a CRT TV while it pours down rain outside. The almost static like noise of rain hitting leaves intermingled with yah hoos and star collection bring me right back to my childhood.

man...your taste is exquisite.

I'm playing through The Whispered World at the moment. Real comfy.

My only complaint about MGSV is that there are too many LZs and it killls the survival aspect of the game. This and the repetitives side ops that keep popping up when you exit a map.
But roaming Africa under the moonlight with DD while listening to 80's music feels so good.

Pikmin 3

Power Drill Massacre

everyone complains about the empty map but I sometimes think it gives it a comfy atmosphere. Like shadow of the colossus. Loneliness is somehow soothing

The inside of your rectum is soothing.

Not him, but thanks lad.

I'M SEARCHING FOR A WHOLE NEW BEGINNING

thanks

No problem baby cakes.

Yeah i don't think Afghanistan and Africa are supposed to be very populated anyway but its true that the bases could be more lively. Something like a routine for the soldiers would have been nice.

Spyro games
They're all easy too

Gran turismo series is pretty good.

No mans sky and spore are comfy af

This.

I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year while on vacation with my family for the summer

can confirm

Ok, I have a recommendation and a question.

A really comfi game that I've been playing is Densha de GO the DS version, manly because GameCenter CX, but it's a really fun game about conducting trains in an Arcade/Sim game.

My question for those who know, is which version do you like the most? I've been enjoying the DS version but I think it's too easy.

Mount and Blade Warband and most mods for it

Game is ultra comfy and the music is great

There are some on the 3ds if you have one. Also airport controller.

>factorio
this motherfucker right here

Chrono Cross

Chulip
youtube.com/watch?v=EBBX4CW5fA8

What's a comfy JRPG that recently came out?

I wasn't a fan of I am setsuna

Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley, Anno 1404, Childre on the Nile, Rune Factory 4.

Playing DS while chilling on a massive bean bag is comfy as fuck.