So pretty much Gwyn was the best guy ever...

So pretty much Gwyn was the best guy ever, dragons were killing people so he made an army to kill dragons then demons were killing people then he made an army to kill demons "unfortunately that didn't go too well" he sacrificed himself to keep humanity alive this guy is amazing!

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian_Greatsword
clyp.it/of2l3mkv
clyp.it/m4itykjj
clyp.it/whx3vqt5
clyp.it/vnlumlbk
youtube.com/watch?v=P6vCZdcp6hE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Except for pretty much all of that you have absolutely nailed it user.

Dragons were cool man

>dragons were killing people
I'm pretty sure that didn't happen

He went against the order of things.
His era was over and the oldfuck decided to expand it because he was scared of humanity's potential. It's his fault the curse exists, he messed with something he didn't understand.

Citation needed

Why can't we like, be cool with the dragons?!

Did dragons make the fire that started the age of humanity or was that a thing that happened for reason?

The era is God's is better than the era of humans. It's not that human go into power it's that humans turn into dark beasts and the abyss takes over the world.

I dont think dragons were killing people, he waged war on them I believe.

It'd be pretty damn ironic, if the dragons could relight the flame at will, but because all of them are either dead or corrupted, everyone is fucked.

>Gwyn was good
>Silver knights were good
>Black knights were pro silver knights
>Solare was too cool for Gwyn
>Havel was good
>Sif was good till death
>Astorias was an Hero
>Gough a bro
>Daughters of chaos wanted to be good.
>Seath was an ass
>Nito didn't give a fuck
>Four kings were edgy
>Paterus a fuck
>Lautrec a cuck
>Priscilla a cute
>O&S were highschool bullies
>Gwynevere had an amazing chest
>Gwyndolin an amazing trap

Hellkite Dragon and Kalameet literally attack the player for no reason.
Seath was also a fucking dick.
Only the Stone Dragon doesn't.

The First Flame started the Age of Gods, not the Age of Humanity.

This is correct.
Was it Paterus though? What was his name?

From what I understood:
Age of Fire=Age of Gods
Age of Dark= Age of Man
Gwyn wanted the Age of Gods to last as long as possible and hence he and Frampt tricked humans to link the Fire.
For some reason Kaathe want the Age of Fire to end to unleash the Age of Dark.
He tried to do that in Oolacile but got BTFO by Manus.

>pic related
OP's covenant.

>Was it Paterus though? What was his name?
I think he was talking about Patches.

They were all stone dragons back then

They to hot to handle.

your thread is bad and you should feel bad

>Solare was too cool for Gwyn
I don't believe they even knew each other

darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian_Greatsword
>the one-eyed black dragon Kalameet, the last of the ancient dragons.
Also Gough tell you that even Anor Londo, the city of the Gods, feared it.

Could be Petrus too. The fat fuck by the lift in firelink.

Anyone who plays Dark Souls and doesn't agree that Gwyn is the most evil son of a whore in the game, is a low IQ subhuman cancer faggot.

Gwyn is the reason for everything fucked up in the Dark Souls universe. He did the following:

- artificially extend the age of fire, by sacrifising himself.
- put the undead curse uppon humanity (The Darksign), enslaving them to the bonfire and forcing them to fuel it or go hollow.
- created a never ending cycle of linking the fire, the chosen undead (goyim) has no real choice.
- the REAL age of man (dark) can never manifest, what we see in the game is a perverted and corrupted version of what was to come. The Abyss came in to existence because of the sin of Gwyn, who opposed causality. Original age of man would be good, not the fucked up shit we saw in Oolacile.
- His entire motive was selfishness and butthurt that his age and legacy were coming to an end and it was the turn for humans to rule.
- His family is made up of entire cancer, except for Nameless King. I am glad Pontiff and Aldrich raped and exterminated and tortured Gwyns family and legacy, this is why I fucking love Dark Souls 3, it delivers on lore and shits on Dark Souls 1 retards who think Gwyn was some decent figure, get aids faggots.

There's a theory out there that Solaire was Gwyn's exiled firstborn. The game hints at it in a few minor ways

Now confirmed false.

You have no fucking understanding of the lore you retarded poser. The Abyss is a perversion of age of man and exists because of Gwyns sin, it doesn't represent the true age of man that was to come. Also, both gods and humans and giants come from the Dark. The Dark isn't bad. Get cancer kid.

Kaathe wants to spread the abyss. I don't think we ever see the true Dark, only the corruption of it.

Hellkite Dragon was a drake and I'm pretty sure they're stated to be basically animals.

Kalameet is attacking you, yes, but he doesn't seem to be actively antagonize you when you cross path and you have to seek him out in his territory.

I thought it was canon that Seath was literally mad?

>His family is made up of entire cancer
Gwynevere did nothing wrong!

She is a whore.

A bullshit theory that never made any sense, even without Nameless King

He's different because he's related to the abyss, the other ones are similar to the stone dragon, you can see them in the intro

Humans were pretty much subservient to the gods weren't they? Why wouldn't Kalameet attack you at that point, given what happened to the dragons? Him not attacking you on sight at the first meeting alone is pretty astounding.

True Dark is the age of man that never got to manifest, because of what Gwyn did. The abyss we see in the game is a perversion and corruption of it. True Age of man would be just like the age of gods, but only, the gods would lose their powers and humans would rule, there wouldn't be any fucked up shit. Both humans and gods came from the Dark, the only difference is that the gods had lord souls that represented the fire, which started strong, but would eventually lose power, while humans descent from furtive pygmy that had the dark soul which would get stronger as the other souls became weaker.

Yeah he was pretty cool guy except for you know enslaving humans and using them as sacrifices to flame stuff

Nope, "people" were just living underground while dragons ruled the world

>he sacrificed himself to keep humanity alive
Again, nope. He sacrificed himself to keep the gods alive. Gwyn never gave two shits about humans outside of the Four Kings

Also, one of his friends was responsible for creating the demons because she was trying to keep the fire burning.

No, he sacrificed himself to keep the fire alive and in extent the power of the gods. The gods wouldn't die if the age of fire came to an end, they would just lose their special power and humanity would become the ruling force.

Gwyn and his entire family (except Nameless King) are cancer and evil and should be trotured and exterminated, so fucking happy they got BTFO by the true heroes: Pontiff and Aldrich.

Pontiff and Aldrich were just there to show that humans could be just as, if not more evil and cancerous than the old gods.

I stopped caring about the lore after DaS 2, what did Pontiff and Aldrich do?

>Gwyn never gave two shits about humans outside of the Four Kings
When did this "Gwyn was an asshole guys" meme starts? Literally the only shitty thing he did was raise his son as a girl, and we all agree it turned out great.

Yeah, bearing the ultimate soul pretty much gives you a license to kick ass.

Im not saying he was an asshole, but he did not cared at all about humans.

Aldrich ate so much people he became goop and somehow he got convinced to link the fire.

Sulyvahn found the Profaned Flame and turned mad, became the Pontiff of the Church of the Deep and used his power and influence to become the ruler of Irythill, imprison the remaining gods including Gwyndolyn, and when Aldrich came back he arranged him to devour Gwyndolyn.

>the true heroes: Pontiff and Aldrich
>what did Pontiff and Aldrich do?
Those dick killed Priscilla so they can't be heroes.

>wanting the Darklord ending
>believing Kaathe
>not realizing that Kaathe is using you to drown out the Fire and give the dragons a chance to rise again

What is sending Artorias to fight the Abyss in Ooacile for 5,000,000 souls?

self preservation

Player character dindu nuffin, he a good boy, he trying to get dem sunlight medals

Were they gay?

Was he a dick or just incompetent?

>What is sending Artorias to fight the Abyss in Ooacile for 5,000,000 souls?
He decided that on his own because his duty (exterminating the dragons) was done and he was a pretty cool guy who wanted to actually help humans.

Wasn't Havel human?

And at which point of the game is it implied?I forgot, was it something that Kaathe said?

Yeah, Seath is insane
Too many books

>The REAL age of man (dark) can never manifest, what we see in the game is a perverted and corrupted version of what was to come. The Abyss came in to existence because of the sin of Gwyn

Unless I'm really mistaken, literally nothing in any of the games supports this idea. We have no knowledge of whether or not the age of Dark could be better than what's been shown and no reason to think it whatsoever.

Consider the Four Kings for example. Nothing states they were undead and they are probably the oldest humans to have attempted to master the dark.

Result? They are lovercraftian horrors.

Hell, consider Manus himself. If anyone is going to be immune to any possible corruption at the hand of Gwyn its going to be him. But nope, Lovecraftian Horror.

Calling Gwyn evil is just dumb. There's no need for him to have been evil to explain his actions.

The guy was presented with the option to either fuck over a bunch of people in order to keep his unarguably prosperous reign going, or allow his kingdom to fall to creatures that have so far been shown to be singularly insane and corrupting.

Saying 'Gwyn just did what he did cause he feared humans power' is retarded. Of course he feared their power, their power is the Dark Soul, linked to Manus the insane and the Four Kings the unworldly horrors.

The guy burnt himself alive for untold millenia to try to keep the abyss at bay. That makes no sense at all unless he's at least trying to be a good man.

Making Dark Souls of all things out to be morally simplistic is just childish. Good people can do horrible things for what they see as the greater good.

At worst Gwyn hurt a lot of people trying to prevent catastrophe that wouldnt have been as bad as he thought it would be.

At best Gwyn hurt a lot of people, and himself most of all, trying to prevent the full-on end of all life as we know it on their world.

More like he partook in a hostile takeover of the world from dragons, then he fought the demons accidentally created by his colleague Lord and finally he sacrificed himself to keep the Flame and the world as we know it going.

And like DS3 showed, it became a tradition, kinda like with the irish kings, that the four greatest lords and the next "king" go through a ritual self-sacrifice to keep fanning the flames. What would actually happen if the Flame would go out completely is yet unknown. Back to the good old days of old giant trees and dragons? A simple medieval world with humans as the rulers and magic disappeared entirely? Or everything just becomes The Abyss?

Souls worlds are essentially a huge fireplace, the player character is the match-stick who also gathers new firewood and sweeps away the old dust. And both the first and the third game take place when the fire has almost gone out. Would be nice to have a game where the fire is going on well, see the utopia the games keep hinting about.

No, you are retarded. The Four Kings and Manus are not of the dark, they are of the Abyss. The Abyss is a corrupted and perverted manifestation becaus the natural flow of causality got fucked by Gwyn and the true age of man (dark) couldn't manifest. The Abyss exists because of what Gwyn did when he created the endless cycle and cursed humanity with the Dark Sign.

The Dark is not evil, because gods, giants and humans all come from the Dark (Dark Souls 1 intro).

All will be answered, the last DLC of Dark Souls 3 will be the best most god tier shit that happens to Dark Souls, because Miyazaki already confirmed that it will give closure to the series, answer the lore questions and finish the story.

Or most likely it will be a melancholic epilogue.

well user it made sense.
>Solaire searched for his sun
>The crow of Gwyndolin looks like a sun
>Solaire doesn´t know his purpose
>if you watch closely at the sunlight altar bonfire you can see a male baby who holds a sunlight straight sword
>this is the only statue you will find anyother are destroyed
>gwynn erased his son from the history and probably also his mind

that actually really made sense, even if the original plan was having andre his son. Andre also has hair like gwynn.

But after nameless king, we know that his son wasn´t solaire and the story about his son is even better. The only thing I want to know is now the story of orns. We fought his armor on DaS1, now did he die because he fought against the nameless king or because he searched for him?

pope and Aldrich were the only characters in the franchise that I actually hated and felt no sympathy whatsoever

> The Abyss is a corrupted and perverted manifestation because the natural flow of causality got fucked

You keep saying this. Do you have literally anything to base any of this on?

The closest thing you've given to a reference is referencing the dark souls 1 intro, and i'll admit i've never thought about it saying that everyone came from the dark and that IS pretty interesting lore-wise.

But that doesn't make the dark good. Just necessary.

Hell, you could argue that while the dark spawned life, it was seeking the light that made them what we describe as people. I mean, the images we are given of the pre-light people are of horrible, emaciated hollow-like things.

Post-light, we have actual civilization.

>We fought his armor on DaS1
but we get his soul

>he doesn't sympathize with trying to bring about the Age of Deep Water
Where's your sense of adventure?

Not to mention Dark didn't exist before the Flame, First Flame created both Light and Dark. Difference is you can't go back to the old lifeless world of old trees and dragons anymore, because once the Flame goes out, only Dark will remain and keep existing. And so far the biggest concentration of Dark in the games is The Abyss. Thats the possible bleak future if the Flame goes out completely.

> because once the Flame goes out, only Dark will remain and keep existing.

I always kinda wondered about this.

Does the flame dying just mean dark takes over completely? Seems like most things imply thats the case.

Yet it seems more logical to me that without the flame to provide the 'disparity' even the dark would die.

Eventually going back to what Age of Grey (or whatever you want to call it) seems more logical to me.

tfw stuck at O&S and too lazy to grind materials for Queelags fury sword

So he killed the dragons just because? he killed the demons because he was bored? if someone leads an army to kill a massive amount of monsters I call that a person a hero

Yeah, thats what the DS1 intro says anyway. "When the Fire fades, only Dark remain". Honestly the story was even more grim during the first game in its vanilla phase, when Dark was not much else than Four Kings yet. The outcome of Fire fading was implied that the world would simply fade away and cease to exist, which is a much more depressing future than The Abyss taking over.

>Anyone who plays Dark Souls and doesn't agree that Gwyn is the most evil son of a whore in the game, is a low IQ subhuman cancer faggot.

>The Dark isn't bad. Get cancer kid.

Wow the games contain a shitload of ambiguity and allow people to form their own opinions etc and the kids playing it get this angry if people dont accept their version. No wonder the DaS community gets laughed at.

Lautrec was based though.

Source?

Even Maldron?

You don't need it. A lighting spear you find in Sen's Funhouse is more than sufficient.

Well, he was kind of a dick to humans, or at least his followers were. So there's that.

Ornstein resist lightning since he use lightning himself.

Some bloke trying to invade and have fun, I can get that

Here's the trick for O&S.
Hug pillars and fuck up fatty, and then go in and hug Ornstein. This fight is one where rolling mastery is needed.

One mistake I made for a long time is that I sort of panic and try to maintain distance. And Ornstein will flank you if you do that. So you want to maintain closeness and body down Smough.

Personally i found the easiest way was to always focus on Ornstein.

Smough is a massive fucker and relatively easy to dodge, with pretty recognizable attack patterns. Keeping him in sight is easier.

Ornstein is on the whole more subtle with his attack patterns and more dangerous.

Killing Ornstein first also means you fight powered Smough, who is much easier to defeat than powered ornstein IMO.

That said, you get the armor of whichever one you kill last, and Ornstein is the Dragon-Pimp.

You also get the Leo ring if you kill Ornstein last.

He killed the dragons because he wanted to rule the world. Humans didnt even existed back then.

He fought the demons because The witches accidentally created them in a failed attempt to kindle the flame, so now there were demons destroying his kingdom and they were infesting the first bonfire

Probably because the abyss was out of control and he thought it was a good idea to stop it before it got to other lands.

Gwyn cared about humans in the same way a king cares about peasants.

I thought it was pretty obvious that "humanity's" true nature is in a world of Dark. The Dragons had their age, the Gods had their age, the "humans" had their age. But all of those eras will be mere footnotes compared to the lightless eternity in the Age of Dark, where Man will rule supreme forever without fear or want for anything.

He killed the dragons because they were the greatest predators in the world. As long as the dragons lived, mankind would always be one step away from being flung back into the underground. This was his one chance to take everyone above ground and build a better world for his kin, and he took it.

His kin, yes.
But Gwyn wasnt human and there were no humans around during the war with the dragons.

>tfw cant get all the achievements in Dark Souls because the multiplayer is dead

Before Gwyn, there wasn't anything except creepy pathetic things in the darkest corners of the world.

?
You don't need to play multiplayer to get all of the achievements.

That's an issue with DaS2, also. Though it's not really an issue with the multiplayer. It's an issue with the requirements. Requirements for progress are fucked up.

>he doesn't use dscm

What gamepads do you use for DaS? I was using a PS3 pad, but I realized the imputs were misfiring on me and sabotaging my attempts to play it. I thought I was just shit before I realized that.

Should I just buy a 360 pad, or is there something better/cheaper?

Souvenirs of reprisal drop from crows in painted world
Sunlight medals you get enough from running the game to make all Sif items + chaos bugs
Same with eyes of death

Got a standard 360 pad myself. Should probably look for an alternative already though because batteries in 2016.

Dude summon me names Nigra should be near solaires sign

The Facts:
>leads revolution of dynamic, creative creatures out from obscurity against stagnant, passive monsters
>literally founds the first civilization. Science, medicine, architecture, etc. come to exist under his rule where only stone trees were previously.
>builds cities which accommodate humans, the weakest of his subjects (steps of Anor Londo are for both Giants and humans, for example)
>gives humans titles and property in his new world (4 kings and Havel, for example), despite the fact they didn’t help liberate it from the dragons
>sends his best knight to save human lives in New Londo and Oolacile
>sacrifices himself to burn alive for centuries in order to preserve the civilization he created.
>implemented system that allows humans to help preserve it without burning themselves (kindling bonfires with humanity)
>signature attack (Sunlight Spear) can only be used after you’ve helped people, and are in the Sunlight Warriors. You’re literally required to be a nice guy to use it.

Seriously, Age of Fire for life. We’ve seen the Age of Dark. It’s what came to Oolacile. Gwyn was right to preserve it.

The darksign only appeared long after Gwyn’s immolation. We have no reason to suspect he knew his actions would make people Undead.
Criticisms of the Way of White can be attributed to Lloyd, not Gwyn. Even DS3 ousts him as a fraud.

>- the REAL age of man (dark) can never manifest, what we see in the game is a perverted and corrupted version of what was to come. The Abyss came in to existence because of the sin of Gwyn, who opposed causality. Original age of man would be good, not the fucked up shit we saw in Oolacile.

You are making this up. There is absolutely no evidence in the games to suggest the age of Dark was corrupted.

What achievements you need?. Took me about 60 hours of gameplay to get all the trophies. The most dificult its to get all the weapons because the low rate of drops. The rest of the trophies are just by playing and getting all the miracles, magic and pyro.

t. aldia

Kalameet has nothing to do with the Abyss, he and Seathe are the only real Ancient Dragons left by DS1. Even the Stone Dragon in Ash Lake is a just a descendant.

>the undead curse uppon humanity (The Darksign)
My favorite meme. The Darksign is the power of the Dark Soul manifested in humanity, as the fire fades and the Dark grows it appears, and keeps humans from losing their entire soul when they die. Instead, they keep a small fragment and have a chance to regain what they lost.
As the fire fades more and more, this power gets stronger, hence why you don't hollow in DS3 when you die(unless you fell for the Londor meme and let them infect you with humanity saps).

>He tried to do that in Oolacile but got BTFO by Manus.
No, Kaathe caused Manus to be awoken to create and spread the Abyss. Manus got fucked by you, and that's what stopped it.

What about Sinh?

No it fucking doesn't, stop trying to develop a coherent narrative.

That game is intentionally ambiguous so autists like you will make threads speculating on lore. There is no canon baka!

If lords don't have Dark souls then what do they have?

All I want to know is Who was Gwyn's wife/Gwyndolin's mom?

The Firekeeper in 3 tells you that the fire never completely fades, and that it will come back after an Age of Dark. If it were 100% Dark, it would just go back to the Age of Ancients probably.

Lord souls you dingus!

But there are only 3 lord souls not counting the original dark soul and none of them split them apart like the Pygmy

>DS2
>canon
lol

>This meme again

No one. Gwyn just was there when the hollow picked up that first Lord Soul.
I would guess that any talk of that was for legends or just tales of the Way of White to get humans to relate to him.

Gwyn gave Seath a part of his own Lordsoul.

Ds1 - Not relighting flame is good ending for humans
Ds2 - Ending is good for humans
Ds3 - Londor ending is good for humans

Try not to get cucked by those lord you faggots

Come on, even DS3 ignores 2's lore entirely. If it didn't feel like(or literally wasn't) fanfiction and actually had some good contributions I might argue for it, but it was pretty lame.

Dragons were chilling on the surface just to themselves. People showed up later and tried to overthrow them because of the natural order or some shit.

> then demons were killing people
And that's his fucking fault, since he was the one who couldn't accept his time was up, and didn't want humans to overthrow him. So he got the Witch of Izalith to fuck up her Lord Soul, so not only was the first flame still dying, but now the world was filled with bigass monsters roaming about.

>he sacrificed himself to keep humanity alive
>to keep humanity alive
He just wanted to keep his god buddies alive. He didn't want humanity to rule the world he had built, so sacrificed himself to preserve that, irreversibly fucking the natural flow of the world for centuries to come. Gwyn was nothing more than a manly tears KEK.

>Implying this isn't the best ending of 3
>He fell for the Londor meme

You know just because humans might survive in the dark doesn't mean Lords can

If anything they'd all end up like Artorias

That one too

>Not relighting flame is good ending for humans
Not even. You let the flame fade in DS1 and the Abyss takes over. And seeing what the abyss does to humans in the DLC isn't a pretty sight.

>DS2 Ending is good for humans
Taking the throne ending is same as the first game's, it's no long-term solution, it just delays the inevitable. Doing what Aldia wants is a "good" end, but only for the player. Sure, you're free from all that eternal cycle bullshit, but your pretty much turning your back to the world and telling it to go fuck itself.

>Londor ending is good for humans
Only correct choice. Unless you want to do the same as the Aldia ending in DS2, go it alone, and steal the flame from the Fire Keeper in the betrayal ending.

OFFICIAL LIST OF CHARACTERS WHO DID NOTHING WRONG
Nito
Nameless King
Priscilla
Kalameet
Sif
Velka(?)
A bunch of human characters I'm not going to list

Who else?

The Abyss was what fucked Artorias up, not "The Dark". They're technically different, and a result of Gwyn linking the fire. Lord MAY have been able to survive in the dark, but we'll never know, since Gwyn got scared of what might happen and jumped the gun.

An Age of Dark would imply that, like how humanity was almost nonexistant when the Age of Fire started, anyone with a Lord Soul would be basically a hollow(just like the furtive pygmy). So they would basically be fucked.

Gwyndolin
Artorias
Ornstein
Pinwheel

Patches

Gwynevere.

OSWALD

ceasless discharge., he wanted nothing more than stay with mama
queelag did nothing, she just wanted for the humans to go home

actually, every boss did nothing wrong, since we're the dick in the story with the snakes

>So they would basically be fucked
Not necessarily. Lords seem to retain their conscience when they hollow, or at least that;s what we can assume thanks to DS3 hindsight.

A dick. Even Londor, a place supposedly built for humanity, is a shitty place.

What the fuck was his problem?

>Train for fuck knows how long for your fire-linking quest
>End up sleeping in on the big day
>Awake to find the world's already fucked because you weren't there to save it
>Forced to be the gatekeeper
>Have to watch every other manlet wannabe adventurer step up to you
>You fucking destroy them and prove your stronger than them anyway
>Still just stuck as a gatekeeper

He was a salty little bitch.

The age of darkness is like that light gas light on your car. The dark exists when the fire is weak, but if the fire dies, then even darkness will disappear because of the lack of disparity imparted by the first flame.

Thats why londor wants to usurp the fire. Its so they can create a perpetual age of darkness to rule their horrible, horrible realm forever.

All of them were split. Gwyn gave fragments of varying sizes to: the Gods(Velka, Flann, etc), his children, the Silver Knights, Seath, the Four Kings, and probably others as well. The Witch gave fragments to her children and eventually demons(against her will, probably), Nito gave fragments to the necromancers and all the skeletal monsters.

I get some serious bad vibes from Londor in general.

>Miracle given to those cast out from the Sable Church of Londor.

>Attracts more attention from foes.

>This is the only tale known by exiles, who believe it carries words of forgiveness. Cursed journeys, too, must come to an end.

>The dark exists when the fire is weak, but if the fire dies, then even darkness will disappear because of the lack of disparity imparted by the first flame.
You are right, but the Firekeeper specifically says that this won't happen(unless there's some circumstance where it could that we don't know about):
>The First Flame quickly fades.
>Darkness will shortly settle.
>But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
>Like embers, linked by lords past.

What you say about Londor is interesting though, I've never thought about that. Do you think that they will ritualistically sacrifice tiny amounts of humanity to the fire just to keep it from fading too far?

Allfather Lloyd

>Miyazaki saying he wants both DLC packs to be more Gothic-themed
Second DLC will probably be Londor, and we'll probably get some shit cleared up. As it currently stands, the Londor ending seems to be the best. But with primordial serpent fuckery going on in the background, it's probably a ruse for some darker shit.

Was the Church of the Deep originally a splinter of the Way of the White?

Without evil their can be no gud so it must be gud to be evil sometime

I think the best ending is the Firekeeper ine. It's the one that not only "feels" the most right, it's the one where you're making the choice and not being manipulated by one of the serpents.

Doubt it. WoW was literally a church created by Gwyn to keep Humanity in check, while the Deep Church is devoted to humanity. It may have started from, or even been, the occult mentioned in DS1 though.

Nameless is a traitor. Yeah I like dragons too, but fuck him.

Yep.

>people still don't realize andre the black smith was gwyn's lost son

I want to know all the answers.

They were all clerics, so probably. Why they chose to fuck off over to Aldrich's side tho, I have no idea.

>the Londor ending is best
>"Ashen one, forgive me if this soundeth strange. The eyes show a world without fire, a vast stretch of darkness. But 'tis different to what is seen when stripped of vision. In the far distance, I sense the presence of tiny flames. Like precious embers, left to us by past Lords, linkers of the fire. Could this be what draws me to this strangely enticing darkness?"
There is more to the Dark ending than what meets the eye. Multiple times throughout the game you're warned that the fire blinds and conceals just as much as it reveals. With no fire to blind your sight, in the darkness you can see things as they really are.

Agrred. Gwyn was a tragic hero.

>Armor worn by an Archdeacon of the Cathedral of the Deep.

>Presented solely to delegates of the gods.
Of the three Archdeacons of the Deep, one (McDonnell) cast off his white crown and left the cathedral to stand by Aldrich. (Hat)

>A sign of the Way of White's highest rank.
Of the three Archdeacons of the Deep, one (Royce) stood over Aldrich's casket, with hope that he would return one day. (Chest)

>Of the Archdeacons of the Deep, one (Klimt) attended to Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth, whom he deemed a goddess.

Seems like it.

I believe so

Aldrich had power, and he was pretty charismatic before he started eating people. They were desperate people and Aldrich spoke of a future that was better then what they had.

The deep (abyss) corrupted them

>Robe worn by deacons of the Cathedral of the Deep, worn on the inside of the deep red robe.

>In time, those dedicated to sealing away the horrors of the Deep succumbed to their very power. It seems that neither tending to the flame, nor the faith, could save them.

>mfw I haven't finished DSIII and all this lore discussion still goes on

You meet Kalameet at the tail-end of a war of genocide against the dragons, led by people who look just like you. Who *wouldn't* choose to kill all humanoids on sight if literally every humanoid who wasn't a nutbar cultist wanted to exterminate you and your race?

Right, just like Griffith?

Aldrich is the hero we deserve

I assumed what she meant by that was that if the flame dies, at least there's a slight chance that one day, it might, JUST MIGHT have a small chance of doing some big-bang event and relighting itself. Sure, that would supposedly be best for the world in the extreme long-term, but it almost just raises more questions to be answered. Would humanity even survive the fuck-knows how many years of abyss-filled dark to emerge into the 2nd age of fire? Would the dark get the abyss out of it's system if if just let it run wild for a couple centuries? Just seems easier to let everyone live on with their minds (mostly) intact in by going the way of the Londor ending. Sure, everyone turns into beef jerky, but at least with this ending they;re SENTIENT beef jerky.

I always thought that the Firekeeper's ending was the most hopeful. Like it was pressing the reset button on things so that maybe the civilization the arises out of the ashes won't make the same mistakes that Gwyn's civilization did.

The fact that the Firekeeper and you are still around after darkness falls is also another indicator that things will be alright in the end.

Not after he ate my wife. Fuck him.

Just go watch a few lore dump vids. Even Vaati's, he's wrong on a few minor things, but most of the general theories he parrots are more or less the same as what everyone else takes as the truth.

let me help you im jumping on right now just got all baked up I want to help some peeps for some embers so I can kill some bosses

The world is completely fucked over anyways, so it's not like you're preserving much.

>most of the general theories he parrots are more or less the same as what everyone else takes as the truth
Name one.

>Second DLC will probably be Londor, and we'll probably get some shit cleared up.

Pity. I want to know more about Lothric's angels and the conflict between gertude's cult and the 3 pillars that may or may not have degraded into a civil war between the 3 pillars themselves.

It seems so much was involved and yet so little is told.

>But with primordial serpent fuckery going on in the background, it's probably a ruse for some darker shit.

The snakes never ever had humanity's best interests in mind.

>Just seems easier to let everyone live on with their minds (mostly) intact in by going the way of the Londor ending

But even then, it's not a perfect outcome. Even you said, everyone is stuck as hollows. You're basically doing the same thing to humanity that Gwyn did to extend the age of fire.

>Sure, everyone turns into beef jerky, but at least with this ending they;re SENTIENT beef jerky.

I don't think londor is even capable of containing the abyss.

Sinh could be another Ascended Dragonborn, or a relative.
Or a wyvern breed with a ascended dragon.

Sinh doesn't have to be a real ancient Dragon.

"His" theory explaining away why Aldrich has elements of Nito and Priscilla in his boss fight. Too many bitchfits were thrown around about who Aldritch actually ate besides Gwyndolin. His idea about how Aldrich may have only had vision-like dreams of other gods or godlike beings would be able to give him elements of their power. Even in the general over on /vg/, people were so sick of the circlejerk that they called it even and claimed that it's probably easiest to just say that was the case and move on.

>There will never be a happy ending for her
Why? She didn't deserve such a sad existence.

>You're basically doing the same thing to humanity that Gwyn did to extend the age of fire.

A running theme in this series. If things had run their natural course, then there never would have been any problems, but no, Gwyn had to link the fire, Kaathe had to kickstart an age of dark ahead of schedule, aldia had to dick around with souls etc. etc. etc.

That's just Dark Souls in general.
Name ONE character that gets a happy ending. Specifically HAPPY, not neutral or open-ended.

One day your going to get old and your teeth are going to fall from your mouth, your tongue will turn black and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

>Nito
Aldrich has powers from him? Nito is actually relevant?

Priscilla made sense with the lifehunt scythe, but I didn't see anything nito inspired except for the bones of the people aldirch munched on.

Patches. He gets to keep doing what he likes and no matter what you do, he comes back a happy motherfucker ready to bamboozle you again.

No, the Stone Dragon in Ash Lake is from the era of Seathe, you see him in the intro cutscene, idiot.

He merely adopted the darkness...

>Aldrich has powers from him?
Again, it was up for debate. At Aldrich's base you can see a lcister of skeletons and black splayed cloth. You could argue that it's just remains of people he;s eaten, but then he has the glowing gravelord sword spell/animation on top of his staff in phase 2, or at the very least something that looks strikingly similar. Given that Aldrich's name is "Devourer of God'S", and not just "a god", people were scrambling around at launch to try and figure out what other gods, if any he could/would have been able to eat.

Yoh don't think the darksign is a significant curse? Are you actually gwyn? All things die user, extending them or bringing them back is folly

Siegward of Catarina

Not him, but Aldrich's catalyst has a purple Gravelord Greatsword on the end of it so people speculated that he ate Nito. It makes more sense to say that it's just a magic buff based on Gwyndolin's memory, just like how Aldrich uses a miracle version of the Lifehunt Scythe instead of the real thing because he learned of Priscilla from his memories.

>Go on quest to kill your best friend
>kill your best friend or die trying
>If your successful then kill yourself out of a lack of purpose
Not exactly what I'd call a happy sendoff.

Dragon Greatsword description:
>This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons,
came from the tail of the stone dragon of
Ash Lake, descendant of the ancient dragons.

Do your research before calling someone an idiot.

Do you guys think that if fire had died out like it was supposed to, and age of dark happened, would it have ended eventually as well and became age of life or death?

maybe he finally just gets rid of his armor, dont see any body

>then kill yourself out of a lack of purpose

He passed away because he completed his task. Aren't the unkindled all tasked to a specific lord or something?

>He didn't want to make Londor whole

The average CU wouldn't get 5 minutes into the game without that so-called "curse." It's what eventually allowed humanity to usurp the Gods, why do you think Gwyn tried so hard to contain it?

>Demon's Souls ending
>destroy the world or save it and become a hero
>Every Dark Souls endings
>Catch-22 suffering loops
Umbasa, give them strength

I mean it kind of looks like the gravelord sword, but there is no real indication that it is.

>Given that Aldrich's name is "Devourer of God'S", and not just "a god", people were scrambling around at launch to try and figure out what other gods, if any he could/would have been able to eat.

Isn't he named the "Godeater" singular in the Japanese version? I heard of a similar translation issue with the "first of the scholars" and everyone believing that it was Aldia.

I'm pretty sure Life and Death aren't like Light and Dark, they're just two other things that were created when the Flame came into existence. Nito and the Witch are just associated with the Flame like Gwyn is, not strictly with Death and Life respectively.

If you walk away from him/out of the room instead of just warping back to Firelink, you get a sudden intake of souls as if an enemy had just been killed or something, implying that he died.

Unkindled are supposed to return all the lords to their thrones, but some only have connections to certain lords. Hawkwood was one of the Unkindled that realised this and crumpled under the pressure, so just sat around waiting for the world to end.

Where did seathe get maidens to experiment on, why don't I get any maidens. It isn't fair!

Darksign manifested long after Gwyn sacrificed himself. Not saying it is or isn't a good thing.
Only that it couldn't have factored into Gwyn's intentions. You can't "contain" or "fear" a condition that hasn't even been conceived yet.

>I mean it kind of looks like the gravelord sword, but there is no real indication that it is.
Looks pretty damn close to me. Like I said though, it's probably just a magic sword made based on Gwyndolin's memories of Nito.

ah k, I didn't know you can not get tele'd out I thought it always threw you to emma but I geuss if you kill her first and then do dancer then yorg later

Miyazaki confirmed that the "the deep" has nothing to do with the Abyss. The deep is something completely new and just like how Marvelous Chester in Dark Souls was forshadowing Bloodborne, the Deep in Dark Souls 3 is forshadowing the new IP dark fantasy arpg FromSoftware is working on.

>Unkindled are supposed to return all the lords to their thrones, but some only have connections to certain lords.

So they are not the only unkindled, just the ones that got so far because of their underlying motivations? That changes things a lot actually.
>Hawkwood was one of the Unkindled that realised this and crumpled under the pressure, so just sat around waiting for the world to end.

Till that whole dragon phase that is.

Reminder that Pontiff Sulyvahn was the most based character in the series

spear is golden ritual spear w/ gravelord sword attatched to the end

So really, the age of dark ending if you usurp the flame is the real good ending?

Finally ending the age of fire gets back to the natural progression of things.

Was Pontiff doing shit to be a cunt or to end the age of Gods?

You just hate Aldrich because he did what you can only dream of doing, he ate your wife(male), stay cucked bitch.

to end age of gods, he mentor little lothric boy and thats why he doesnt want to start new age either

>Miyazaki confirmed that the "the deep" has nothing to do with the Abyss.

So the similar spells between the abyss and the deep as well as the similar corruptible nature of the two indicates nothing?

At the very least, they have a common relationship in that they are corruptions of the dark.

>Darksign manifested long after Gwyn sacrificed himself.
Incorrect. The whole point of the Asylums were to contain the ever-growing number of undead, and Gwyn liked the fire to slow the fading of the fire and growth of the curse. The reason it was referred to as a curse in the first place was to make humanity believe it is, so they wouldn't embrace it.

Do you have a source on that? I find it very hard to believe that such a major plot point of DS3 would be just a meaningless reference.

He descents from them because he is one of them, he was simply younger back then. He is seen in the intro cutscene, he is from that era, faggot.

When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea. He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself

Yes, that is a quote from the game. Now do you have a source of Miyazaki saying anything like that? As far as I'm concerned, the Deep = the Dark != the Abyss.

>When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea. He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself - Hideo Miyazaki

Demon's Souls ending was fucked either way. You either become a great demon serving the Old One or you become an eternal monumental alone in the nexus keeping the fabric of reality together.

Pontiff Sulyvahn is literally the savior of the Dark Souls universe and was correcting everything wrong that was caused by Gwyn, ashen cuck is just another chosen goy for the serpents.

>When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea.

See that image? Thats what the "deep sea" looks like.

Also called an abyssal zone.
If the deep did not have some direct connection with the abyss, then why did Sulyvahn ally with Aldrich after his discovery of the profane flame, a flame which is abyssal in its very nature?

Yes, that is a quote from the game. Now do you have a source of Miyazaki saying anything like "Miyazaki confirmed that the "the deep" has nothing to do with the Abyss. The deep is something completely new and just like how Marvelous Chester in Dark Souls was forshadowing Bloodborne, the Deep in Dark Souls 3 is forshadowing the new IP dark fantasy arpg FromSoftware is working on."? As far as I'm concerned, the Deep = the Dark != the Abyss.

No, he was an asshole that didn´t want to end the cycle of Gods so men could have their new reign. HE IS FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY FROM BEING A HERO.

>You either become a great demon serving the Old One
Better than being a useful idiot to the primordial serpents.

>you become an eternal monumental alone in the nexus keeping the fabric of reality together.

Better than burning alive for all eternity.

I don't see why The Deep would just be another name for The Dark/Abyss. It specifically says "visions of a coming age of the deep sea", not "visions of a coming age of the deep dark" or anything along those lines. Shit, might even be a slight non-canon nod to BB, but I don't know if Miyazaki would dick with people to that extent.

Read that description once again, "the fading of fire" = the ending of the Dark Souls franchise, with 3 being the last Dark Souls game (confirmed by Miyazaki).

"it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea" = the new dark fantasy arpg FromSoftware is working on, will be true lovecraftian setting.

"He knew the path would be arduous" = it is always a risk to make a new IP instead of one that is established, Dark Souls 3 sold the most copies out of all souls games and was their biggest succes.

"but he had no fear" = He is not afraid of creating this new IP, because he already did it once in the past with Bloodborne.

"He would devour the gods himself" = He is confident and is taking his experience from all the souls games he has made, the "gods" are these souls games, he will "devour them" by making an IP that will surpass Dark Souls and Bloodborne, it will be his magnum opus.

>>You either become a great demon serving the Old One
But that's wrong, King Allant became a miserable sludge, the demon was just a copy of him, which is way worse

>>you become an eternal monumental alone in the nexus keeping the fabric of reality together.
>Better than burning alive for all eternity.
True, since Monumentals, unlike the undead from DaS, can actually die

Doesn't the abyss have a water motif to it?

DSIII
>Helm of a knight tainted by the dark of the Abyss. The twilight blue tassel is damp, and will ever remain so.

DS I

>Armor of Artorias the Abysswalker, one of Gwyn's four knights.
>The death of the armor's owner can be surmised from the corrosive Dark of the Abyss, and the tattered azure-blue cape, once a symbol of pride and glory.

The Dark and the Abyss definitely aren't the same. As for the Deep, or Age of the Deep Sea, what else would it be but the Age of Dark? The wording may be a reference to BB, but Aldrich, someone bloated with the Dark Soul, saw visions of a coming age of darkness(the deep sea is obviously pitch black). The Deep is described as being peaceful and quiet before horrible beings(those of the Abyss) showed up.

List of things Pontiff Sulyvahn did:
SPECULATED
>Convince Lothric to not link the flames
>Dirty things with the Dancer
>Murder Gods
>Force Aldrich to link the fire
>Corrupt the church
DEFINITELY DID
>Torture people
>Take over Anor Londo
>Find the Profaned Flame again
>Kill Gwyndolin by feeding him to Aldrich
>Imprison Yorschka
>Corrupt dissenters
>Corrupt followers
>Banished Vordt for being a fatass
>Merged the Dancer to her armor
>Turned the Outsider Knights into beasts
>Sacrifice people
>Sacrifice children
>Recruit those fucking Jailors

Forgot to finish my thought:
>The Deep is described as being peaceful and quiet before horrible beings(those of the Abyss) showed up, and an undisturbed ocean is peaceful and quiet. The Dark has always been there, but the Abyss(corrupted Darkness) only showed up later.

It wouldn't really be much of a BB nod.

BB is divided into three known categories. Sky/Cosmos, Sea, and Moon.

Kos and everything associated with her are sea-like kin.

Oedon, and everything associated with him, are invisible and wear cloaks tattered like feathered crows to be seen.

Moon Presence, and everything associated with him, are feral and beast like. Hence why Laurence(who helped summon MP), Ludwig, the hunters themselves, and all those that followed after them became beasts instead of formless or sea-like kin.

There's that fourth category as well but that's mostly just the abortion of Mensis who fucked up and got an aborted great one so they're all brain dead faggots.

Is Aldrich more or least an abyssal monster at this point and the deacons are corrupted by the abyss?

You forgot:
>literally nothing wrong

>Seath was also a fucking dick.
Seath is a fucking chode though. He's a race traitor while the other dragons didn't do shit.
Gwyn just wanted to conquer and hunt dragons, which is typical of most conquerors.

>he mentor little lothric boy
Aldia did that, not Pontiff.

I don't think Aldrich or the Deacons have anything to do with the Abyss. They are just of the Dark, unless I'm forgetting something that indicates otherwise.

>Force Aldrich to link the fire

While I believe that Aldrich might have been forced (that may be one reason for the existence of the Soul of Cinder), I don't see how Sulyvahn is involved. Aldrich seems to be before his Pontiff's time.

I also think that Sully is the "First of the Scholars", but I thought there was some debate whether or not Lothric did link the first flame at least once. You don't become a lord of cinder unless you already burned.

>DaS2
>canon

kek.

I know how to deal with Gwyn

Oh god please stop

pls don't

Mentioned several times in 3

So are we every going to visit Astora? Personally I'd love to go there in the 2nd DLC pack and fight that bigass monster that apparently burnt it to the ground. Would be neat with the NPC potential, getting to run into a bunch of legendary heroes dotted around the place. Could bring about some nice armour sets too.

In your dreams maybe.

>They are just of the Dark, unless I'm forgetting something that indicates otherwise.

So even with the abyss taken out of the equation, the dark is still a horrible and corruptible force.

Why does Londor want to live this way again?

He did do one thing wrong
Not exist;_;

strike gwyndolin, she could be considered bad by some for attempting to alter the player's path with illusions, not objectively faultless.

Not in any meaningful way. I suppose it's technically "canon," but it sure isn't relevant to anything.

I'm gonna do it

Both Lothric and Lorian are still sane, I think it was stablished that they refused to link the flame.

Speaking of which, it makes me wonder, who were the angels and Gertrude and what gave the Golden Winged Knights proper wings?

While I love Dark Souls 2 and Aldia, I don't think he was Lothric's teacher.
If anything, I kind of think Sulyvahn was a follower of Aldia's teachings or something.

The ending in 2's dlc pretty much implies that they removed hallowing that's why you don't hollow in 3

>she

>when you stumble upon a mass

Truly this is the age of dark

Because in Dark Souls, progress requires dicking around or dicking someone over. There has to be a better future than DARKNESS AND GREY FOGSHIT EVERYWHERE (and being immortal skeletor is normal)

Your not wrong:

>Sorcery imparted by the first of the Scholars, when Lothric and the Grand Archives were but young.

>Fires a torrential volley of souls.

>The first of the Scholars doubted the linking of the fire, and was alleged to be a private mentor to the Royal Prince.

However, Sulyvahn has been to Drangleic considering that the Profane Capital may or may not be eleum loyce. Furthermore, Soul Stream was imparted, not invented. Sulyvahn could have just discovered it as well.

Because to some people, life would be simpler if everything was back to the way it used to be - before people had to worry about things like living, eating, and fighting all sorts of dangerous and terrifying creatures throughout the realm.

I thought you only removed hollowing for yourself? Hence why you just walk away from the flame, since you accomplished what you set out to do at the beginning of the game.

That was only for your character. You don't hollow in 3 because the Fire has grown so weak that the Darksign "curse" is in full effect. Remember that Darksign in the sky? It's all part of the function of the Dark Soul/Age of Dark.

>Furthermore, Soul Stream was imparted, not invented. Sulyvahn could have just discovered it as well.
Whoever created it linked the flame hence why Soul of Cinder can use it.

Linking the flame is against Aldia's ideals, and it's kind of against the Pontiff's ideals.

Forgot the dude's name but in the dlc he constantly berates gwyn's decision and because of him he removed hallowing from everyone

No, you don't hallow because your humanity was shackled to your body when the first flame brought you back. This mechanic is a property of the unique nature of the unkindled and has no relationship with anything from dsII

The dark sigils from yoel break through those shackles. Sure you get more humanity and level up, but now your humanity can leave.....

>Profane Capital may or may not be eleum loyce
What? The Profaned Capital is the Profaned Capital, we literally go there in the game.

Just because the Soul of Cinder can use it doesn't mean its inventor is a part of it. It could be someone that studied the spell

The fact that people actually give a shit about the plot in these games is still baffling to me.

What plot? It's the same shit each game. What people talk about still is the half assed lore that doesn't explain shit and allows conspiracy nuts to make their own lore

>Whoever created it linked the flame hence why Soul of Cinder can use it.
>Linking the flame is against Aldia's ideals

Ummm, didn't Aldia create Soul Stream? Its called his legacy isn't it? The fact that the Soul of Cinder can use it is proof that others aside from Aldia had knowledge of Soul Stream which supports the idea that Sulyvahn may have simply found it.

>it's kind of against the Pontiff's ideals.

Pontiff Sulyvahn supported the linking of the fire like everyone else until he discovered the profane flame.

Why was Quelana the best Girl in Dark Souls

Yeah "lore" is what I meant. I beat Dark Souls several times and I still can't be fucked to read most item descriptions and understand what's going on. To me this game is literally just "zombie guy gets out of jail, kills shit and beats up an old man at the end".

Aldia "cured" himself of hollowing, but fucked over his humanity in the process and became that big flaming mess. He tries to guide the Bearer of the Curse to duplicate what he was trying to do, but with a better outcome. Given how he is always talking to the Bearer and his motives on a very personal/individual level, I think Aldia has long given up on trying to "fix" the world in any way, and is just doing his best to help any Undead that gets far enough along by sharing his teachings.

Man DS3 made me lose interest in the series faster then DS2 and i didn't even really like DS2 either.

But that's Ciaran

The Profane Capital has a lot of references to Eleum Loyce, but your right, they are probablely different locations.

I've never played any of the games online and I got the platinum for both DS1 and 2. Just stack on that item discovery and get farming.

>Loves someone else
>Bald
>Racist
>Better option is literally to kill her
Yeah, no

Didn't Aldia's experiments provoke the giants into invading?

no something vendrick did because his bitch wife told him to

I thought Vendrick initially stole the lord vessel from the giants (which is kind of funny), but the Scholar of the First Sin implied that what he stole from the giants were the giants themselves for experimentation purposes.

I never really cared for the lore in 2.

Nah, the only way to become a lord of cinder is if you link the fire. So they did do it. Lothric's and Lorian's soul are linked so they both came back when the lords woke up. They just don't want to do it again.

Posting OTP

Nashandra told Vendrick that the giants were preparing to invade Drangleic, and that Vendrick should invade them first and steal their most prised possession which was the Throne of Want (first flame?). Aldia didn't do shit to the giants. He was just sitting off in his big manor someplace trying to figure out how to unfuck the world. Though when the giants did invade, he started dicking around with their souls to see what he could do with their power. He used one soul to recreate an Ancient Dragon. He then intended to use the Dragon's power to create an immortal human (Emerald Herald), but she "didn't come out as intended", so he stuck her as a Fire Keeper instead.

Probably a couple rough parts in there somewhere, but that;s the general jist of it to my knowledge.

>Vendrick knows that Nashandra is a child of dark that manipulated the ruin of his kingdom
>still refers to her as his "Dear Shandra"
Poor man

>"unfortunately that didn't go too well"
>""

So is nobody going to call OP out on being the 15 year old he so obviously is? Jesus Christ.

The giants literally dindu nuffin. Nashandra fooled Vendrick into believing they were going to invade so he took his army across the sea and attacked them first. He took something from them that let him create golems powered by souls and used the golems to build his castle. When the giants did attack it was to take back what he stole from them. I don't think it's ever stated outright what he took but I'm guessing it's the throne at the end of the game.

Is there any evidence that Pontiff Sulyvahn has a connection with the Kingdom of Lothric?

There's a statue of someone holding the Profaned Greatsword in the plaza area in the High Wall. The person is also wearing Lothric's Holy Robes, so it might even imply that Sulyvahn was royalty(probably not though).

>There's a statue of someone holding the Profaned Greatsword in the plaza area in the High Wall. The person is also wearing Lothric's Holy Robes

Sounds like its just an idealized statue of Prince Lothric.

Afterall, the only thing so special about the Profane Greatsword is the profane flame. Otherwise, its just a regular greatsword.

Btw, why is this land called Lothric anyways? Lothic isn't even the king.

They named him after the kingdom. I think
And this is the statue

He ate Flan

Whos he again?

Gwynevere's husband

So another character that hasn't been relevant since DSI?

Speaking of Gwynevere, where did the Queen of Lothric disappear off to anyways? Is she dead or something?

Reminder that the Bearer of the Curse got the best deal out of all of the main characters

Sure did.

The Emerald Herald was the only fire keeper without a fire keeper's soul, and thus the only one with a vagina that wasn't something out of a Geiger monument.

Gwynevere fucked off to the last DLC, as Miyazaki seems keen on letting you kill every named God in the series, such as Allfather Lloyd in the upcoming DLC.

Even if Wolnir was the BotC, he
>Conquered entire kingdoms
>Crushed the Lords
>Has the loyalty of thousands of warriors
>Ruled with an iron fist
>Lived with in the Abyss for an untold amount of time
>Became a fucking skeleton

He was also a throwaway boss in a game with otherwise great bosses.

>Emerald Herald is able to create manifestations of herself at-will to guide or service the BotC

Oh lord.

>Allfather Lloyd

So thats the chair guy? I thought his godhood was a fraud?

And the Queen of Lothric isn't Gwynevere, just one of her children right?

I was talking from a lore position, although Pontiff Sulyvahn is the best in terms of story and boss fight

>So thats the chair guy? I thought his godhood was a fraud?

Nope, Allfather Lloyd is the guy with the Lordvessel.

>And the Queen of Lothric isn't Gwynevere, just one of her children right?

Gwynevere is the Queen of Lothric and Rosaria might be one of her daughters, Queen and Gwynevere were both revered as goddesses of bounty and fertility and both can make Divine Blessings.

>Bearer of the Curse gets lonely in a journey
>Shanalotte just sends a projection of herself to comfort him
Lucky bastard

>Nope, Allfather Lloyd is the guy with the Lordvessel.

Same guy.

>Gwynevere is the Queen of Lothric and Rosaria might be one of her daughters, Queen and Gwynevere were both revered as goddesses of bounty and fertility and both can make Divine Blessings.

Always running away isn't she?

>Always running away isn't she?

She's a lover, not a fighter.

t. kaathe

>Always running away isn't she?

>Goddess of Fertility and Bounty
>All of her spells center around healing
>Being a warrior in any way, shape or form

$20 says the "boss" fight with Gwynevere has her begging for you to end her life while some bumfuck tries to stop your deicidal ass.

Ingward is that you?

> it doesn't represent the true age of man that was to come.

No, that will be the deep unless your going to tell me thats a perversion too?

>Also, both gods and humans and giants come from the Dark.

All they all will hollow when the dark comes again and being hollow is suffering. Whats your point?

The Deep came out of left field and is complete bullshit spewed out of Miyazaki's Bloodborne-adlled mind.

Only thing we know about it is it's concentrated sin and full of vile gnashing insects.

lmao, my army reserve unit is in trenton and I can confirm it is a horrifying shithole (also the state capital)

Oh, you better believe NK and Seath pounded each other up the ass AT LEAST, plus whatever other wingéd butt buddies he could get his filthy little mitts on after that. I bet money he perved on Oceiros, and jacked off furiously to him turning into some dragon-thing.

>Friendly reminder that Oceiros fucked Gwynevere in his dragon form, and Seathe may have fucked Gwynevere too for Priscilla

Seems like the Goddess of Fertility and Bounty has a thing for huge dragon dicks, understandable since they're probably the only thing that can satisfy her.

What's the basis of this theory?

>Only thing we know about it is it's concentrated sin and full of vile gnashing insects.

And connected to the dark?
Aldrich's Faithful covenant item is humanity

>Proof of a duty fulfilled by the Aldrich Faithful who patiently await the Devourer of Gods' return.
>Dregs are the heaviest things within the human body, and will sink to the lowest depths imaginable, where they become the shackles that bind this world.

Him crushing the crowns of kings, I think.
Still a stupid theory.

Its a bit of a joke comparing the botc collecting of the dlc crowns and curing his hollowing to Wolnir's grinding of his enemies crowns into one as well as his obsession with immortality.

What if Sulyvahn was a descendant of the Bearer of the Curse?

Are you fucking retarded? The asylums were made far long after gwyn burnt to a crisp. It is a curse because you risk becoming a hollow which we've seen isn't a good thing.

Fuck off kaathe.

Now that we are on the subject of Crossbreeds, why does yorshka have dragon traits?

>There will never be a Dark Souls prequel where you straight up play as Gwyn

This.

The dark sign is a natural occurrence that appears when the world begins to come to an end as a result of the first flame dying.

The undead curse has nothing to do with Gwyn and linking the fire does banish the curse, for a time at least.

>forgetting it makes people go mad and lose their minds
>forgetting it makes your body turn ugly and rot
>muh dark
>muh gwyn conspiracy

Holy shit are kaathefags this stupid Cred Forums?

>hence why you don't hollow in DS3 when you die

Except thats bullshit. There's no real explanation for that yet.

In all fairness, they were pretty much in the right until DSI dlc came out.

Then Kaathe became an even bigger ass than Frampt

Gwyn stole the spark of creation, thus dooming men to undeath
everything he did was to preserve the flame and to keep men from being able to die and go to heaven
the flame is a soul eater
you literally burn souls in it for fucks sake

Guys how cool would it be if they made an anime about Gywn and his bois back when they had their shit together?

You don't hollow in DS 3 anymore because your unkindled ash, a being that burnt away to nothing when you linked the fire.

You don't draw your strength from the dark, but rather from fire itself.

Season 1: Gwyn and Co
Season 2: Vendrick and Aldia
Season 3: Sulyvahn

First of all, you need to look at magic in Souls and how it fits into the greater structure of the universe.

Fire is nature- the First Flame exists of its own will, fire is core a part of the universe. Fire also creates the disparity.

Lightning is "holy"- power of the gods, fueled by the Lord Souls.

Dark is human magic- basically the same as Lightning, but fueled by the Dark Souls instead.

Sorcery is magic that manipulates existing Souls. Souls are neutral to the Souls universe. It's just life force, energy used by all living things to move and survive. Souls are also comparable not to actual raw physical power, but rather willpower. More souls=more willpower=bigger urge to seek out power. This is why low-soul enemies are weak and easy to kill, but bosses tend to drop fuckloads of soft souls. Which brings us to hard souls, like pickups and boss souls. Souls can be "invested" or fused to your own soul to permanently become better in some way- stronger, faster, smarter, or more durable.

Okay? Okay.

Understanding that, it's easy to see that there's a difference between Dark and Abyss.

Dark is humanity, the Darksign is the greatest power humanity has as it allows humans to come back from death, a feat not even "gods" like Gwyn can accomplish. However, because of the disparity, there's a perpetual swing between "dark" and "fire" as outlined in DaS 2.

[-----------CONJECTURE LINE--------------]

Abyss is the thing the Cathedral of the Deep worships. The abyss is the corrupted version of Dark, it is its own entity created by Manus. Manus is a fallen god who sought to use humanity's power over dark, but because fire (fed by humanity) and dark (lack of humanity) can't exist in the same place at the same time, he instead created the corrupting Abyss. It's kinda like dividing by zero, it requires something to be both there and not there at the same time. This is also why many "dark" spells force you to spend souls, as that energy has to come from somewhere.

you can hollow in ds3 and it's how you get the secret ending

If you accept the dark sigils from yoel.
Otherwise no, you don't hollow.
And someone already explained why those dark sigils cause you to hollow.

>then he made an army to kill demons "unfortunately that didn't go too well"
meanwhile the Ivory King fucked their shit in their shit in his own basement and Yhorm pushed Demon's shit even further.
Gwyn sucks shit

>put the undead curse on humanity

Nigga what? He didn't do shit. The curse is always there. Its the manifestation of the dark soul in humanity. Thus it will always show up when the fire weakens. Humans were always like that.

>the REAL age of man (dark) can never manifest, what we see in the game is a perverted and corrupted version of what was to come

No where in the game does it say the dark became corrupted. In fact, its because of the fire coming into existence that both will always exist. "And with it came disparity".

>The Abyss came in to existence because of the sin of Gwyn, who opposed causality. Original age of man would be good, not the fucked up shit we saw in Oolacile.

Causality? This isn't berserk dingus. There's no real fate here. Again the fire simply existing created disparity. Light and dark. Its in the intro. As in both will always exist. Stop listening to kaathe's propaganda.

>created a never ending cycle of linking the fire, the chosen undead (goyim) has no real choice

I'll repeat again, the fire coming into existence created disparity. Light AND dark. If both of them are to exist its either in a cycle or in different places. Apparently its the former. Even aldia confirms this. The fire and dark will always continue to exist. No where does he say its solely because of gwyn.

>Yhorm pushed Demon's shit even further.

That was Prince Lorian. Yhorm deal was with the profane flame, which is basically the abyss + old chaos flame.

>All these fags eating up kaathe propaganda

You goyim do realize he's just feeding you lies right? Gwyn wasn't perfect but kaathe is worse.

The Burnt Ivory King was literally the coolest guy.
>Best knight in a kingdom of amazing knights
>Became a king and placed his castle on top of Hell in order to watch it
>Owns seven pets, three of which are giant ice tigers
>Can use magic and still fight with a sword
>Was so righteous a Child of Dark fell in love with him and turned good
>Personally went into Hell to kick demon ass

arent the catarina niggers?

He gave the four kings power, made it that people could travel to anor londo, made a city for regular people to live in lordran and sent artorias to save oolacile from the abyss.

No where does he say he hates humans and he never does anything against him. I doubt he didn't care.

Andre, Gough

she was always a coward who ran at the first sign of trouble

>The gods wouldn't die if the age of fire came to an end, they would just lose their special power and humanity would become the ruling force

They would become mad, ugly hollows if the dark ruled. Not a ruling force.

>true heroes
>Pontiff and Aldrich

Man how does it feel to be brainwashed by kaathe?

But the pussi game ridiculous

>true heroes
>Pontiff and Aldrich

I mean, you could maybe make an argument for Sillyman, but Aldrich eats people including children, how do you fucking justify that?

Nigga gotta eat

>They're technically different, and a result of Gwyn linking the fire

No where does it say that.

ITT: people who paid a lot more attentions than I did

Solaire makes references to Gwyn as a figure in ways that make it clear he does not see him as any thing near a father

She's the goddess of fertility and bounty, if she wasn't doing either of those she wouldn't be doing her job.

Gwynevere is doing what Gwynevere does best, getting on her hands and knees and making babies.

>chosen goy for the serpents

I know I'm late but you're literally a goyim to kaathe if you actually believe that horseshit.

>the Dark != the Abyss

And where is this said?

You kill Ornstein in DaS2, user.

>Bald
>Racist

What?

>he doesn't know

And yet you find his armour at archdragon peak in 3.

>Fire has grown so weak that the Darksign "curse" is in full effect. Remember that Darksign in the sky? It's all part of the function of the Dark Soul/Age of Dark

No where does it say this. The dark soul is supposed to turn you into beef jerky.

Ancient Dragonslayer was an epic meme boss with no connection to the lore.

Dragonslayer Ornstein was an illusion powered by Ornstein's soul.

The real Ornstein died after he left the cathedral to seek the Nameless King (his former captain and mentor) and got killed.

Hell, item placement even suggests how the encounter went down; Ornstein's spear is found at the entrance of the boss arena, meaning he put his spear down to show he was unarmed and wished to speak with the Nameless King as a friend.

And then you find his armor in a corner.

They burn bones in the fire. Not souls.

Wow, the Nameless King is a dick

Dad turned him into beef jerky and threw him out of the castle.

Archdragon Peak wasn't real. You meditate/fall asleep to get there. The Path of the Dragon is a spiritual journey, not a literal one. The real Dragonslayer Armor is the possessed boss, not the itemset.

See

>The Path of the Dragon is a spiritual journey, not a literal one

>There are bonfires on a spiritual journey

The darksign is a symbol that represents darkness blotting out fire (or light, depending on how you look at it). The thing in the sky was just an eclipse (which has the same symbology). The same thing happens in the real world and we refer to it as a ring of fire, which is what the darksign literally is. Miyazaki was reading a whole bunch of mythology and theology before he made the game, clearly.

>I don't bother to read or explore shit fuck why can't everything have the same storytelling and spoon feed me

Fuck off, this thread isn't for you.

I wouldn't blame Gwyn.
>Fight against literal immortal beings that take dozens of you soldiers to kill one
>Son betrays you for no reason
I mean, what the fuck, man?

Gameplay/Story segregation. Explain how Havel and Ricard are still alive.

>The real Dragonslayer Armor is the possessed boss, not the itemset.

Dragonslayer Armor was a knight of Lothric with armor modeled after Dragonslayer Ornstein, who Gwynevere (the Queen of Lothric) would have known quite well. You could argue that the knight of Lothric *was* Ornstein, but something is very wrong in Lordran when you see Ornstein wielding a glaive and heavy stone shield.

>Explain how Havel and Ricard are still alive.

That isn't Havel, that's a Havel Knight as mentioned in the lore, "The warriors who followed Havel the Rock never flinched, nor retreated from battle, crushing any foe that stood in their way."

No fucking idea why Ricard is alive though, but he only seemed to come out whenever the bell was rung, much like the Drakeblood Knight.

>Explain how Havel and Ricard are still alive.
there is some explanation for that. The serpent summoners are summoning them from across time.

Sulyvahn had people enslaved in irithyll, turned his own men into monsters, turned his knights mad, and is trying to create an age of deep. We not entirely sure what the fuck that even is other than its an idea thought up by a blob that enjoys eating people alive. A blob that takes it slow so that their victims can suffer and be all too aware of their fate. And he's pals with the guy. Fuck the deep and fuck those faggots.

Wait show me shes bald. She had hair as far as I can remember. And how is she racist? Because the player refuses to give her his soul?

>We not entirely sure what the fuck that even is other than its an idea thought up by a blob that enjoys eating people alive.

The priests in the Cathedral of the Deep are infused with the essence of the Deep, if you slow down their babble you'll hear they're screaming in pain and terror.

The only other denizen of the Deep that we know of are horrific nightmare insects that bite and tear. The Deep makes the Abyss look like Anor Londo (during the good times) in comparison.

That doesn't mean it keeps undead from hollowing once its in full effect. It just means the fire is fucked.

>Hmmph, you humans are all the same.
>Additional lines looking down on humans.
I don't have the picture, but her character model is bald and looks like Patches.

Dark Souls don't even have any lore. It's all just a bunch of nonsensical cryptic shit inserted all over the place

>to keep humanity alive
I don't think he gives a fuck about humanity.

Dark Souls has a lore style that works amazingly well in DnD campaigns.

>if you slow down their babble you'll hear they're screaming in pain and terror

Do you have a video or webm of that?

Kill yourself

>mfw I hear the unused sound clips for Ocelotte

I just realized the significance of Oceiros slamming his fist into the ground now.

>Dragonslayer Armor was a knight of Lothric with armor modeled after Dragonslayer Ornstein, who Gwynevere (the Queen of Lothric) would have known quite well. You could argue that the knight of Lothric *was* Ornstein, but something is very wrong in Lordran when you see Ornstein wielding a glaive and heavy stone shield.

Yeah the DSA isn't Ornestein's.
The only thing that confuses me is why Lothric has the need of dragonslayers, the last of them must have surely died long ago.

>Do you have a video or webm of that?

clyp.it/of2l3mkv
clyp.it/m4itykjj
clyp.it/whx3vqt5

>Wasn't Havel human?
yes just one that hated magic enough to wear it 24x7

I'm slightly confused why Sulyvahn's discovery of the profane flame caused him to ally with Aldrich. Isn't an age of the deep incompatible with an everlasting flame?

Hey guys, remember how Aldrich gets off to eating people alive?

clyp.it/vnlumlbk

Now you can *hear* him getting off to eating Gwyndolin, using Gwyndolin's vocal cords!

i found this fight the most satisfying. I killed smough first because i hate jews.

How is Smough a Jew?

smough's hitbox is kind of messed up by the giant hammer though.

i still don't get why that nigga seath helped him.

>clyp.it/vnlumlbk
Well if it makes any difference I like to think that Aldrich's vore fetish really put him in a bad spot when the unkindled showed up.

It can't regurgitate Gwyndolin's body and hes force to use it as a meat puppet to fight the ashes.

If we fought him when he wasn't in the middle of a meal, we would have lost.

>reading and relating things is too tough so it's stupid

Fucking horrifying.

>i still don't get why that nigga seath helped him.

He was mad he was gonna die one day cuz he ain't got no scales (bitch ain't even got legs.)

He had genetic abnormalities that the other dragons mocked him for.

Given how much sheer fanservice is in DaS3, why the hell would Dragonslayer Armour be some completely random person just because Gwynevere was in Lothric? Why would they have shit animate the empty armor of a completely new person, with the same name? Makes no sense. They are both the same type of armor with the same elements, just with pieces of it warped/in shambles. The weapon is literally the Dragonslayer Spear with shit melted onto the end of it, the armor has the same color scheme as the DaS2 Ornstein,

And seriously
>Meditate to get there
>Cutscene LITERALLY shows you falling asleep
>In a world where things are so fucked up the sky has gone to shit
>Wake up inexplicably in another place miles away
>Intentionally done in a game where crows/gargoyles/etc fly you places all the time
>World is inexplicably not fucked up
>Dragons are still everywhere
>Entire area is about mysticism
>"No you actually go there! Lol"

>If we fought him when he wasn't in the middle of a meal, we would have lost.

I always wondered why Aldrich never tried to actually eat you while eating Gwyndolin since you're, well, walking inside him throughout the entire battle.

Hows it feeeeeel Seath? Too be a bitch.

I wonder how it felt to be a bitch

You think that is horrifying?

youtube.com/watch?v=P6vCZdcp6hE

The game files also include a model for Ocelotte in both alive and squished form.

>Given how much sheer fanservice is in DaS3, why the hell would Dragonslayer Armour be some completely random person just because Gwynevere was in Lothric?

There were other dragonslayers aside from Ornstein. DSA is mostly just a filler boss; those butterflies were suppose to have a bigger role in the fight before they were cut down.

I really wish we could get an armor set for the DSA.

and I think your onto something with the Archdragon Peak.

So are all Crossbreeds able to turn invisible?

So you're saying that, after Gwyn left to link the fire, after the Gods and all Gwyn's servants fled Anor Londo, after the world went to total shit, somebody went and built a bunch of asylums, and even an entire "Undead" Burg and "Undead" Parish. Wow, that's some fucking dedication. Did they also completely convert the Way of White(Way of Gwyn) from being for normal humans to having specific rules and pilgrimages for Undead?

And, if given a choice, please tell me which you'd rather have: When you die, that's it, you're dead, OR When you die, you come back with a fragment of your soul and have a chance to regain what you lost? I honestly can't believe people are still arguing this.

>What? The Profaned Capital is the Profaned Capital, we literally go there in the game.

it's gary indiania boiiii

Possibly, we'd need Shanalotte to confirm it.

>The dark soul is supposed to turn you into beef jerky.
Holy shit, did you even play the game? Like, even if you ignored every single item description you have no excuse to think this.

>And then you find his armor in a corner.
Floating, instead of being on a corpse, unlike almost every item in the series. He heard why NK left and converted to the Path of the Dragon as well, then grew into a Stormdrake.

>Cutscene LITERALLY shows you falling asleep
>In a world where things are so fucked up the sky has gone to shit
>Wake up inexplicably in another place miles away
>Intentionally done in a game where crows/gargoyles/etc fly you places all the time
>World is inexplicably not fucked up

Well to be fair, the entire place didn't really look like it had gone to shit. When you start out the game the world looks fine. Even when the eclipse shows up the sky still looks a bit normal. And the gargoyles/crows etc argument doesn't work considering the fact that its not always how the character gets to far off places.

For the record, Is yorshka a crossbreed?

>This is what Darkwraiths actually believe.

I'd be very surprised if she isn't.

Go away Gwyn, shill your lies somewhere else.

Then Gwyn banged a dragon and is a fucking hypocrite.

There were still people around in lordran even after the gods left. And in DaS 2 we know that human kings were imprisoning undead hollows. You really think with the undead curse running around that people wouldn't try to contain it when people are going mad and running around killing each other? Not to mention there's the fact that the curse always appears when the flame started to weaken. Which means someone could've built the asylums a while after gwyn burnt himself and then the gods fucked off.

>When you die, that's it, you're dead, OR When you die, you come back with a fragment of your soul and have a chance to regain what you lost?

Oh yeah its totally worth the chance that you'll look like a rotten corpse and go insane. No alot of people would rather die you retard.

Kaathefags are beyond help.

so hows that age of dark working out for you?

Are you fucking stupid? Where does it say that? The dark sign in the sky is supposed to signify the fire weakening and everytime the fire weakens people go hollow. No where does it say that for some reason you look fine and dandy if its in full effect. It makes no sense. If the fire is strong you won't hollow. If the dark is partially around you may hollow. If the dark goes full autismo then now its like the fire and you don't hollow. What?

But go ahead find me where it says that.

Perfectly fine

>Implying you'll get to fuck anyone with a shriveled up hollow dick

Enjoy being cucked by the lordrace.

enjoy your beef jerky user

Shrinefu paid the price.

I had to kill her Cred Forums, it was the only way.

>replaying DaS, trying to get into Darkwraith covenant
>reading the amount of shit you have to do for it
kill me

>Not posting best girl

Better girl here.

>What is the Untrue Dark Ring
>What are purging stones

He's angry, angry about noobs.

>play the game normally to gwynevere
>kill 4kings

wow sure was hard

W-why won't it die? Why is he smashing ocelotte if he's the only thing he had?

Well its not like I wanted to sleep tonight.

I guess we really are the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

There were the Life souls, the Death souls, the Light souls, and the Dark Souls 2

>That isn't Havel, that's a Havel Knight as mentioned in the lore

But the items and equipment used by the supposed Havel "Knights" are specifically described as Havel's. Considering the extancy of Patches all around, it isn't a long-shot to think that Havel (Who is undead) is still skulking around being salty about dragons and wizards and God-forbid wizard-dragons.

sHe does have tits. Gywn went all out for his SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL

Lautrec was just the epitome of a waifufag but I can't blame him

What does Fina look like, anyway?