Why do you hate this in your vidya, Cred Forums?

Why do you hate this in your vidya, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Scavenge_Tables
youtube.com/watch?v=UBUNcRT5RZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't as long as it's implemented well.

>wow this game looks like it might be cool
>early access sandbox zombie survival multiplayer crafting

Tedious

>HellMOO crafting
>Literally a ZILLION junk items that have to be put together to make shit.
>Each base has 9+ maximum cabinets of literal garbage.
>There is a mutation that lets you "sniff (item)" so that you can find what items are in what containers
>There is a sortbot that automatically puts certain junk items in certain cabinets.

Hitler.

crafting has turned into a buzzword only used in shitshows.
I don't want to make items I just want the cool items.
Stop padding your games out with crafting and make better content.

captcha: crafting is gay fuckufucku

>literally a MADE UP NUMBER of junk items
Wow thanks for that information you fucking spic

pretty much this.

as much as fo4 gets shit (and i will get shit in return for saying this) the weapon crafting systems lets you maximize stuff for your play style which i thought was really cool.

I also think back in the LK days of WoW the trading system was great because profs were making stuff that other profs needed and there was a CD on some items so the market could never become flooded.

Oh look, it's another

>Third Person/First Person Shooter
>Linear story with cutscenes
>"Stealth" gameplay.
>Simple Crafting that lets you make better arrows or noise makers to lure enemies away.
>Action setpieces with no consequence

EXP systems in a non RPG game.
Namely the skill tree games that only gives damage buffs or extra ammo.

Also way points in open world games.
Totally removes all immersion, you never learn your way around because you just turn your brain off and walk forward.

Crafting in a game its not bad.
making crafting an important part of the game (limiting weapons and skills to it) then having you waste 25 hours grinding for materials an "crafting experience" does not make for an entertaining experience.

Here is a link of all the scavenge tables:

hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Scavenge_Tables

An example of junk items you can find:

aerogel blanket
aircraft aluminum structural member
bike chain
blade type fuse
broken battery pack
broken LCD
condenser coil
ferrule type fuse
flywheel assembly
hydraulic cylinder
liquid reservoir assembly
o-ring
piezoelectric ignition circuit
pile of scrap wood
plastic tubing
PlayStation 5 with fuckable breasts
reinforced flex tube
relay
rusted radiator
short steel pipe
small spool of q-adhesive micro-slicing fiber
ancient rubber tire
ashtray
chrome hubcab
empty brass round
length of rusty razor ribbon
military records
newspaper
pile of scrap wood
plastic tubing
pog
religious tract
rusty metal spike
short steel pipe
strip of kevlar

Now, please note, the "Playstation 5 with fuckable breasts" is an actual items, and yes, it is used in ACTUAL crafting. Same with the religious tract, which is used in making shotgun shells.

The only game I've ever played like that is Far Cry 3
Maybe stop buying every single piece of shit AAA game ever made?

Its fucking annoying having to go scavenger hunt for items who's only purpose is to justify the fucking crafting.

I wouldn't mind if these items had a use beyond crafting though, like using Screws as ammunition and shit like that, but its usually just filler for retarded people.

Monster hunter says fuck you.

Because it's in a game that doesn't improve from it. And it's made in a way that isn't fun, or interesting.

On the other hand...
youtube.com/watch?v=UBUNcRT5RZI

It's great. Despite its (numerous) misconceptions and errors about forging a blade it's great.
Using tools and normal controls player uses for everything else.
And it almost feels like actually creating something.

It is inevitably followed by shitty, obtuse menus and tedious guidefagging and grinding

nofun

Wow I am literally, like, so amazed

Because it makes the game feel like work.

crafting always feels like tedious busywork and is never enjoyable in any capacity

Exactly. There is a sweet spot for crafting in crafting games somewhere between being trivial and tedious.
Here's a good crafting game.

Crafting 9 times out of 10 is just to sidetrack you from the game. It's rarely something that you want to play with. It's usually just an optimum thing that boosts your stats slightly.

Dead rising 2 had good crafting because it was a natural part of the game. Experimenting with stuff you find on zombies is all the fun, crafting is an extension of experimenting with the tools and finding new and crazy ways to do stuff.

at least that's what I think

Crafting makes RPG games worse. Think of how much better Skyrim and especially FO 4 may have been if Bethesda didn't have crafting to bloat their games with.

It's not too bad on its own but when a game combines it with a hunger mechanic that forces you to eat berries or some shit every five minutes that game can fuck right off.

What makes modern Bethesda games bad is the bullshit empty MUH BIG OPEN SANDBOX

>only ever used as a mathematical progression gate
>items produced are identical no matter who, where or when
>never actually involves personal skill or style which is what making your own stuff is about
despite having all sorts of character customization, mmos still don't have customizable models for gear. this is what 12 years of failing to innovate from wow looks like

Why do you need to have scripture in your shotgun shells? To kill vampires? And what on Earth can you do with the breasted Playstaytion? Improvised car supension?

This is correct, although I think the first two Bioshock games did crafting pretty well. It was actually fun to play with.

Did anyone use alchemy or enchanting?

The only potions that really mattered were health and magic, and enchanting gave like 2% bonuses. Compare that to shit you find on the ground that will give you 25% and why do you even bother.

Crafting was a lazy attempt to add more "stuff" to the sandbox. You're not paying too much attention to how little content the game has when you're desperately searching for crafting components.

Gating content and lying about game length by implying the menial collection of nodes is gameplay.

Only game that has crafting I can tolerate is Minecraft. I feel like the workbench and tile thing is pretty cool.

Worst kind of crafting involves navigating giant fucking lists of 'components', all of which weigh you down. Crafting in TW2 and TW3 is dreadful and a lot of the time the things you are making are dull. Just flat +stat increases. A game with crafting should open up more options the more you craft, like Factorio or modded Minecraft. I feel like crafting in RPGs like The Witcher is severely out of place because why the fuck is Geralt going to go around carrying all these crafting components. He doesn't know how to use them. And most blacksmiths would have those materials anyway, or they would buy them in. The Witcher 1 had much more meaningful gear progression as a result of no crafting.

i can finally post this

user, that makes no sense
The boring trek across empty landscapes and through samey dungeons would be the exact same with or without crafting
Morrowind was fine, for example

>Only game that has crafting I can tolerate is Minecraft.
Does anyone else remember what it was like before the recipees? Talking to your friends about shit you made and workshopping ideas was cool as shit.

Gothic 1 had the best crafting. But it quickly becomes pointless once the ore in your wallet stops being an issue. Pointless but fun.

Also best cooking.

If your referring to the settlement crafting yes that was a filler. The rest was fine. The thing about those games is if you don't like it you don't have to.

There would be a lot less flowers and mushrooms lazying about.

because it's never implemented well and is normally just a garbage fetch quest.
Let me fully customize my weapons to do silly shit instead of hit for a higher number.

I like what Rune Factory does with crafting because it's basically. "Yeah, just do whatever as long as you have the materials. Even if that includes having a punch hitbox that reaches across the entire zone"

its actually one of the components of a copter

About 90% of the time, crafting requires Googling.

only good in monster hunter

>espite having all sorts of character customization, mmos still don't have customizable models for gear

yea this is kind absurd. it would be great if you picked up a base schematic to make a mold for a general weapon and than the wood you pick for the handle/ metal for blade would change the performance and stats.

i would love a feature where you hand carve in runes to impact specs as well.

Some kind of joke from the developers about religion and shotguns or something.

I think the Playstation 5 was used in making some airplane parts. Like the controls or something.

no it isn't, MH is a bad example of a crafting system. The only games it was solid was in MH2 because it let you do things like turn S rarity armors into U and Tri for color forging.

The weapon trees are also absolute garbage because you need to fucking google them since the game can't keep track of that for you because reasons.

You either spend forever building things, to build things, to build more things, to build the best thing, or you ignore it because something drops that's 10 times better than what you can craft anyways.

>9+ maximum cabinets
My craft room has 45 camp stoves and 26 rows of cabinets full of items. Apply yourself famalam.

To be fair, the only autism inducing craft parts in this game are A) making airplanes, B) making science weapons or C) making vox diamond locks.
And that shit is far down the line of endgame items.

I agree with you.

>never flying into Dalaran on Pic related

why even live

ITT: casuals that want things handed to them.

I have been playing monster hunter portable 3rd and crafting new sets of armor and weapons easily and have'nt google shit what the fuck are you on about

>he didn't use Alchemy and Enchanting to make hilariously broken builds
Not an Elder Scrolls fan, then?

Because it's mostly used as a gimmick to prolong gameplay, they make you loot shit just to get basic items you need that should have been there in the first place, post 2012 ubisoft is guilty of this tacked on shit in almost every game, they even went so far that you needed to craft items just so you could carry more items that you need for crafting.

I don't, I like it. It adds a little bit more gameplay to most games.

If a game has a crafting system with limited inventory space AND requires you to hang onto mountains of bullshit for crafting then it can go fuck itself.

Looking at you, Dungeons of Dredmor. At least the last expansion added a pocket dimension you can dump your extra shit in instead of just designating a room on an earlier floor as your garbage storage and climbing back up there every time you need to craft shit.