Parents never let me buy a console because having a computer was "more than enough"

>parents never let me buy a console because having a computer was "more than enough"
what did I miss out on by exclusively playing games like Age of Empires, Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Diablo when growing up?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ZyXEL-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00MUVFOH6/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474916602&sr=1-2&keywords=zyxel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Casual games

dumbed down casual shit with awful textures

PS2 renaissance, Nintendomination

You missed a of good stuff user. That was the golden age of consoles. Although, now it's shit and PC is king.

Your parents are based and did you a favor.

Missed out on not being a fucking loser lmao

Nothing, I grew up on PC too
Console games of that time are pretty casual, like nowadays, and there were a lot of shit games that fooled kid's parents easily.

a lot, you pretty much missed the entire action genre, most good RPGs and fighting games

A normal social life

>Age of Empires, Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Diablo
> That was the golden age of consoles
>90s & super early 2000s
>golden age of consoles
No it wasn´t.

>not hanging out at your neighbor's house and playing mario party
baka

You missed out on simple games designed for simple-minded people.

>most good RPGs
Please elaborate.

>Most good RPG'S
>On 90's and early 2000's consoles
Fallout series
Baldur's Gate
Arcanum
Planescape Torment
et. al

I think you meant "Casual JRPGS with a couple of exceptions"

>my parents only let me have the absolute best videogame experience I could've had a child

all of those have aged like shit and don't even compare to masterpieces like SMT2, Live a Live and Skies Of Arcadia

>Move into uni flat with gaming PC
>There's no ethernet points
>The WiFi is weak and shitty
What do I do? Can I just never play online games for an entire year?

My life is fucked

Would those be Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus?

here's what I did

dropped out of college

Mind if I keep going?
Deus Ex
System Shock 1&2
Thief
A proper Half Life
Every RTS ever
Civilization
The Sims
Simcity
Myst
Jagged Alliance
Hitman

there´s fucktons of long-lasting, superb SP games to choose from.

Start with STALKER trilogy, entire Half-Life series, Talos Principle, Resident Evil saga in whole, and Silent Hill 1-4.

Zelda, Mario and all RARE´s games, yes.
SotC was a cult hit, not a ground-breaking best seller hit of any sort. Sony did have MGS, JRPGs and tons of horror though.

Gotta play single player now bro. Maybe start playing RPGs. It wont be as bad as you think

get one of these into the room with the modem and routers and hook 'em up to your room
amazon.com/ZyXEL-Powerline-Gigabit-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00MUVFOH6/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474916602&sr=1-2&keywords=zyxel

>He believes videogames can "age"
Behold, the child of the consoles!
A true simple minded casual!
Brand loyalty is what he learned from those game systems!

You didn't miss much on the Sony or xbox side, but there's a ton of Nintendo games and sega games.

But I mean, you did emulate the systems right?

>aged like shit
>2 SNES games and one is fucking Dreamcast

7/10 dude

oh man I feel sorry for you , you missed out on hopping on a bandwagon and become the superior fanboy defending shit devs let you play today and defend extra payments for online and special sales

start playing good games (SP) and drop that multiplayer garbage

Fighting games and JRPGs in their prime.
DMC
Ninja Gaiden
Ace Combat
Nintendo
Most of Sega's library

Emulation is enough to catch up on most games.

>All of the pure mp games that never got loaded with unnecessary bs and shit dlc
>mfw joined the party too late.
I can't believe I never played BF2 until recently. That shit is so much fun.

>"You didn't miss anything, except for the tons of games for kids, you know, like the one you were back then"

Calling a game "casual" when you were supposed to play it as a child is not an argument, user

>start being an autist like me

Nothing, because you could have had emulated them instead of being a dumb retard.

mostly the platformer genre. And arcadey sports games.