What's so great about this game? When someone mentions it they always think that it was great

What's so great about this game? When someone mentions it they always think that it was great

have you played It?

It's a unique experience, which are pretty rare in this industry

Don't know.

It has pretty graphics and that's about it.

Ignoring unnecessary UI elements, it only does what it needs to do.

No filler, no extra content. Just bosses and horse riding.

No i didn't :( I don't have PS2

there's literally nothing quite like it

But don't it feel empty in content?
Shit maybe i'll get myself emulator or something

You don't see what's great about climbing and killing large and beautiful colossi?

How I see it, few people say it's emotionally touching in the end with a downer ending. My personal opinion: I didn't like it. Judge me.

The story is perfect for the medium,
it doesn't come off as contrived or "video game'y" (sorry for using that word) yet it's still a really fun video game all the same.

Every part feels very natural and seemless, it's a bit hard to explain.

It was pretty incredible when it came out, it was a different experience.

Nowadays it's not that special though I can't remember any other game that does the same formula.

The narrative is largely derived through playing the game rather than cutscenes or other shit that takes the player out of the game. It's something unique to vidya but not done well very often.

>But don't it feel empty in content?
Not at all. It's not like action games where the "drive" is fighting enemies, each of the colossi battles presents a unique situation and makes it so the game isn't so much about fighting as it is about figuring out how the fuck you're going to conquer the next one. As a whole, the game feels very complete.

It's probably as close to a flawless execution of a concept as any video game has ever gotten.

Not really. You had to make your make to the colossi and manage to bring them down, that's a whole lot of content there already;it simply isn't gated in levels or whatever. You have your loyal horse and you're in the world- go do it.

It doesn't look good for its era though, it's very average looking.

Honestly, if you ever get a chance to, go play it. You'll take something away from it.

Why are old movies great? They're not even in color. That's pathetic.

>It doesn't look good for its era though, it's very average looking.

Are you high mate? SotC is one of the best looking PS2 games out there, and it's Open world to boot.

I think you need to go back and see how most PS2 games actually looked.

>It doesn't look good for its era though, it's very average looking.
What? I'd think from a technical standpoint it was very impressive at the time, and it even holds up pretty damn well to today's standards via the art design. I don't know how you can say that.

>""""corrects"""" Trinity with cross

Here is a faggot who didnt get the joke. He didnt see the deeper meaning. He needs his memes sterile and controversy free. See, maybe you refused to see the catholic symbolism. Or maybe youre not funny. the only thing I know is that you have to go back

Nah, it feels perfectly full. It's just calming riding to another fight and super bombastic fighting it. It doesn't really outstay its welcome.

Tell me if I'm tripping. Was there ever a moment where you were looking off into the distance and see a lake of water, then taking a path down to it and you find a desert instead? Was that this game?

unique isn't synonymous with good. Shit has a pretty unique taste, it's not a good one though.

Please continue playing overwatch, and avoid driveby shitposting.

Maybe you guys are right. I guess I am looking at it from a modern standpoint.

I don't recall looking off into the distance and seeing a lake and finding a desert, but there is a desert.

It's just a really cool gayme

i dont play overwatch, looks ok though.

Cause it's good

>But don't it feel empty in content?

See, this is the beauty of SotC, it realizes more=/=better.

There was a time back in SotC's development when the game had regular mobs you just fight, but the devs realized "You know, the game will be more impactful if the only thing you fight are the boss enemies." That thought penetrates all of its design. Shadow of the Collossus is a poignant game, more than anything else.

The cross is also a religious symbol.

It's humble, something rare in games