FFXV Thread

I'm worried on the technical side of things and some of Tabatas directing seems so off. Like what is Chapter 0 even. Anyways expecing 9/10 overall, Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4M2XUBhrJiA
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wj3WqYsw9c
youtube.com/watch?v=jEFvYxE1qXw
youtube.com/watch?v=EOkqMnqNTwk
youtube.com/watch?v=O2wnFVML8kQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EVJtKQ8QsBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Like what is Chapter 0 even

OK user, chapter zero is cold opening which created to tease you as much as possible, so if you watched Kingsglaive its even more excited:

>aged Noctis in King outfit
>aged bro's in Kingsglaive outfit
>literally just Satan against you on the throne
>center of Insomnia
>amazing Shimomura music hits

I really liked it.

>I'm worried on the technical side of things
I feel the same. I mean I'm pretty sold on getting the game at this point but there are clearly a lot of problems still present. Some aspects just seem unfinished or not polished up enough like driving.

That soundtrack is still great though.
youtube.com/watch?v=4M2XUBhrJiA

Show us something other than Leide or Duscae!

Noctis theme sounds so weird. Reminds me of happy walk in the park.
I though it will be more depressed.

But it is literally the most random, confusing, and spoiling scene out of no where.

The fact that we know Noctis and the rest of the crew are alive for years removes all fear of anyone in the main cast dying up to that point, literally removes all tension. Would have rather they not had it or better yet, made chapter 0 the Dawn trailer scene extended/explained then proceed with the CGI opening.

DOA

Does anyone have the GTAV vs FFXV graphic comparison webm?

I wish the wilderness was a little more populated with monsters, they seem pretty sparse and the little group of monsters there is seems to be targets of Hunts anyway

>game isn't even out and they've already spoiled the entire plot
So much for the 'we won't be releasing any more story trailers cuz we want it to be a surprise'
Has anything Tabata said not turned out to be a straight up lie?

The game isn't going to run perfect at launch but will get better through updates

>But it is literally the most random, confusing, and spoiling scene out of no where.
Its cold openings for you

>The fact that we know Noctis and the rest of the crew are alive for years removes all fear of anyone in the main cast dying up to that point
So? I doesn't mean any of them can't die later, its not final boss, my bet on midgame event.

>literally removes all tension
No mate, its not. First of all there is other characters with death flags on them like Cor or Luna you know, and second is death is not only a bad thing that can happen to the characters.

Also, do you really expect someone of the bro's to die until final?

It was pretty obvious that any death in the main group could only happen in the last chapter since every character has important mechanics tied to them.
i agree that it's kind of spoiler heavy but I think it's not too bad

Tell me the plot please.

Stop replying to shitposters

>Do you really expect a bro to die?

It would have been an insane twist and would literally change the games tone. Now that opportunity is gone.

Fuck off neogaf go back to your shelter.

My problem with chapter 0 is that it's a little too quick, it does set the stage for the future but i barely get a taste of it, seems just like more loading times before the fun begins

>It would have been an insane twist

No, it would been just stupid. Literally like "lets kill someone midgame from main group to force the drama"

Looks like you read neogaf threads I found the phoney.

I forgot about it for a sec.

Sounds like a Tabata decision to me

Don't tell me what to do.

Atleast i didn't post there like you.

I'm worried about the map. We haven't seen anything interesting. The best thing they've ever shown and hasn't been topped to this day was the Malboro forest.

Tell me your secret twitter theories bazztek

How many Chapters?

They only been showing 2 out of 10 regions in the game, I wouldnt mind just one more dear god. They have been marketing Duscae since 2014

Im glad they didn't show anything after chapter 3, i want to expirience it by myself.

We don't know how many regions the game has but I agree that we need some new areas.
Leide is the shittiest pick for presentations since it's just a fucking desert

>2 out of 10 regions in the game
Has this 10 regions been confirmed or is this just map speculation? How do we know we don't blaze through these regions in the linear part of the game and the only ones we get to explore are Duscae and Desert?

But we do, we've seen an official world map in kingsglaive

Tabata is a genius. He releases a shit ton of story info and trailers without actually them actually saying much

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wj3WqYsw9c

I love how Noctis and Luna theme perfectly synched

I want to see actual gameplay in desert or snow area that isn't just a cutscene like we have seen.

>Talking about Chapter 0 like it's relevant

Has NO ONE played the FFXV demo that comes with Final Fantasy Type 0?

>we've seen an official world map in kingsglaive
That don't mean much

It's probably outdated and we don't know how many areas they put in and how big they are

How its not relevant?

A world map and a globe.

I've never played a FF and been like "whoah this is all poorly designed, doesn't run well, and has too many bugs"

Usually they're slick as fuck like my hair

Compared to Episode Duscae which comes with Type 0, it really isn't anything worth mentioning. But then again I'm not talking about Story here.

We clearly seen the train that headed up to snowy area in the TGS trailer.

XIII was well polished, 0 bugs, great music, setting, artstyle, and gameplay. Story/character is opinion based and linearity is probably the step down that gives it the 7/10 or 8/10.

Bro we didn't talk about Type 0, we talk about chapter 0 which is starting event in Final Fantasy XV showed us in 50 min gameplay demo from TGS.

What are you talking about size? This dude made a video showing off how huge XV is

youtube.com/watch?v=jEFvYxE1qXw

Except great music everything else is lies. Especially "great gameplay"

Was it really a snowy area though? I've been thinking about this lately, since maybe it's the moment Shiva appears and clashes with the party, while spreading this snowy effect around the area.

>he has no idea what I'm talking about

I was actually referring to the demo that came out for everyone publicly a few months back, but now I'm realizing that that's not the same thing that you guys are talking about.

By the way I'm not sure if we are talking about the same scene, I had this one in mind.

>few

Im talking about this

Fuck I'm too dumb to read

Seems like you guys really forgot about World of Wonder trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=EOkqMnqNTwk
youtube.com/watch?v=O2wnFVML8kQ

>that disgusting jerky movement
I guess tourettes patients will feel right at home, atl east.

I dont get why you write this then

>Talking about Chapter 0 like it's relevant

How is Chapter 0 is not relevant? How its even related to the demo?

>jerky movement
> atl east.
You failed. You must kill yourself now.

Fuck out of here

Tabata said that the linear half of the story takes place once they get to the train so I get the feeling that sequence is going to be pretty plot heavy, especially if it's just after the moment Gladio talks shit about Noctis in the recent trailer.

My original point was, why is everyone talking about this demo when the demo that came with Type-0 pretty much lets us know how the game is gonna play?

I feel like no one else actually played it considering how few people mention it.

I haven't really watched any trailers or gameplay streams or anything. Didn't play the demos. Barely know anything about the game or about what people think about it. Will not read a single line on the internet about it from the moment it comes out to the moment I finish it.

I'm expecting a decent game with which I will have fun. It's what I do with every single game and even ffxiii was a lot of fun to me.

Enjoy your being jaded and paying for things to be mad at them online, I guess.

battle system, the size of Duscae and the general design is different

Fuck off normie-kun, what are you even doing at Cred Forums anyway?

NOCTIS' DAD IS a bearded fuck

I went into 13 like that too back then. Got it, loved it. This game just looks fucking phenomenal to me though and honestly can't wait for it. Looks a billion times better than 13 and I am not exaggerating.

Where's xv_combat3.webm you little fuck WHERE IS IT

This game is going to be better than haters expect and worse than loyalists expect which will create a massive shitstorm of opinions. 85 on Metacritic, btw.

It looks really...off. Scale wise, I mean. Like that one gameplay video from TGS ??? where one of the bros is chatting in the car and a line is dropped like "It's going to take so long to get back to [X], we should set up camp before nightfall!" and you can see on the counter the area is less than 2 in game miles away, while the car travels a half mile a minute, or so, which means all the tension of how far away they are from home is completely lost when you realise they're just around the corner.

It struck me as really strange how small scale the game really is.

Hi neogaf, so Kagari told you chapter 0 is not good, and you like a real lapdog without your own opinion come here to telling us what she tell to you?
You know that she is very biased to everything in XV?

I lost it, sorry.

DUDE
FORUM USERNAMES

Then get something else and rename it xv_combat3.webm ASAP

She got my vote.

Enjoy.

Some people here overhyped how big the map was.

Much appreciated, now my soul can be at ease

>"final fantasy"
>"action rpg"

I dont care about map honestly. I already like the combat. Just want good grounded story with good characters.

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

action rpg's are a virus to the genre.

Tabata said in the last interview that they were inspired by Lord of the Rings.
Did Cred Forums shit on LotR already?

That can be arranged right now
Ahem...
Why didn't they ride the fucking eagles to Mordor? What the fuck Tabata

I don't know?

Why?

Because Saurons eye

because button mashing isn't fun

That's what you've been doing for every turn based FF game.

How Saurons eye can't stop eagles? I think 20 eagles can beat shit out of 6 nasgools, and Sauron doesn't have any other air units in his army.
Check and mate.

Is there 20 eagles though?

i guess youve never played a FF game then

Then don't button mash and play smart.

Only if you over level. When the monster can kill you in one or two turns, you have to think of which actions you need to do.

I guess there is even more. They just show us bunch of eagles.

Back then every fight was a tense strategic masterpiece, one wrong move and BANG game over, you need to be one smart motherfucker to survive in the world of final fantasy
GAME OVER MAN

All turn-based JRPG's is about grind and over level your enemy.
If you can't beat enemy only means that you have to grind more.

>press attack over and over again until you need to heal
So this is the power of strategic turn based combat........ woah

Are you thinking about Dragon Quest? Final Fantasy is piss easy outside of bosses and even then i wouldn't give bosses that much credit

>I have never done a lowest possible level run in my life.

its better than pressing A to win

It's the same thing.
That doesn't make it any less boring.

So you guys never played FF 1-10 huh?!
Those games are hardcore if you don't grind your way to victory, literally one of the hardest games out there, only like 10000 people have beaten those games.
The ATB bar is so fucking fast man you can't even see it unless you have good eyes and then you have to make decisions over LIFE and DEATH while the clock is ticking. Literally almost had a heart attack yestderday because i fought against a Flan in FFX and that fucking keycard puzzle in FF7? DUDE my BRAIN

Like this? youtube.com/watch?v=EVJtKQ8QsBU

That's the exact opposite of what it is. Any turn-based jrpg worth it's salt it completable at the minimum possible lvl/exp. In many of them that means a whooping lvl1.

>They break off it's horns

>hardcore
>if you don't do this and this

How its hardcore than? I should limit myself to make game somehow hard?

Button mashing isn't fun, because nobody takes a controller and mashes buttons like a fucking retard, ah, that's what you do. I gues you are the retard.

Turn based games are simple, you just have to fucking know how to read. You're literally mashing "attack" for the FIRST FUCKING 20 HOURS OF DRAGON QUEST 7 YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

Action based RPGs are the fucking savior of the genre. They are finally getting recognition, and for one, you're actually PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME. Who in the lord of a hefty fuck still wants to go around into random battles on the latest generation console? Who the fuck? Nostalgia fags. Boring ass people with shit taste and who only like one specific type of game.

Action RPGs have much more to them. They allow you to do what you want to do, and build your own strategy by knowing how to approach an enemy, observing your surroundings, and knowing when to use the proper techniques at the right time and look stylish doing it. I honestly don't give a fuck about how you perceive anything in Kingdom Hearts. But the battle system in 2 is probably one of the greatest things to ever come from any video game. especially when you can utilize it's full potential at a lower level.

In XV, the game looks very well built around it's system. Who the fuck is going to keep mashing a button? You're actively doing so many different things and you're hands are never off the controller. I can take a fucking shit and go out to eat while some animations play during a boring ass turn based game. Not saying I don't like them, but how the fuck can you even still think that liking that and more of that is what we need in anything? Hell, go play Hearts R and that will shit all over most turn based games.

The problem is that Final Fantasy had a decade of other action games to look at for inspiration and took almost no good parts of that designing this combat system. It's a step up in interactivity from older Final Fantasy games, but it's nowhere near even average with its combat compared to other action games.

No you don't get it, it makes them even harder
If you level to lvl 99 they're still the most challengine and hardest games out there and take precise timing and strategic skills of a mastermind. Your enemy attacks while you think about your next decision which could lead to a GAME OVER. It's fucking hardcore, one wrong move and you're done bro, don't even think about playing those games

> but it's nowhere near even average with its combat compared to other action games.
>action RPG games
Give me 3. No, Devil May fucking Cry 3 is not the same genre, at all.

Not that guy, but what's the big difference between a character action game and an ARPG when it comes to combat?
Which genre is Nier Automata?

Considering the main character has limited precog abilities, expecting the story to never show what he actually sees would be stupid, to put it mildly.

Nier is a straight up action game.

What's the difference then

I've never played Nier.

That's like saying Sonic Generations is a racing game.

Action/Hack and Slash games are usually combo friendly, with multiple different kinds of inputs, and making the environments according to that style of play. Which are usually incredibly linear or an open area that is tighter. Simply put, the majority of combat is determined by player reflexes and ability to read and react to the immediate combat environment.

That's not an Action RPG. Strictly speaking, an Action RPG is literally an RPG with action. That's all it fucking is. But they utilize major RPG elements to incorporate a style of gameplay that doesn't seem to drift off into a beat em up like Devil May Cry. They seem more dense.

God of War is not an action RPG. Bayonetta is not an action RPG. The Witcher 3 is an action RPG. Fable is an action RPG.

That's pretty bad. Not the worst I've seen though, nor bad enough to stop my enjoyment of the game.

Hope they fix it.

>Give me 3
>strawmanning and not directly addressing my argument

But let's entertain your notion and give you 3. Off the top of my head with similar mechanics with a party system, the Tales games, Kingdom Hearts and .hack.

XV more or less ignored these games and went and designed a real time system from the bottom up without guidance or expertise, which is a pretty big mistake.

Looks kinda boring..

ITS THE BEST GAME EVER REEEE
PLAY THE DEMO GET SHURIKEN FOR 60FPS REEE

I did address your argument and I wasn't strawmanning. I never claimed anything you said was something completely different, I merely corrected you, thinking that you were thinking Devil May Cry because you didn't say RPG. If I took you literally, then why not just mention that instead of calling "STRAWMAN STRAWMAN"?

You don't really explain to me what these games have to offer that is so major that they could have used to make it a better experience (for you). I mean, .hack? What the hell does .hack do that is so special? I think that XV already has more depth in it's combat than .hack.

>XV more or less ignored these games and went and designed a real time system from the bottom up without guidance or expertise, which is a pretty big mistake.
What are you even trying to say? That not being a ripoff is a mistake?

Action games generally place importance on animation canceling, twitch response, comboing etc. The character you're controlling is not expected to work with a party and customisation options are low or almost nonexistent. The environments are designed for tight fights, so expect small arenas, completely flat and empty surfaces etc. Action RPGs are basically RPGs on steroids, so weapon and status effects, party cooperation, levels, etc. are much more important. Abilities are often unlocked gradually and environments are designed for immersion and exploration. Comboing and twitch reflexes are not expected; the game is designed more around getting the right equipment/setup.

spot on

Except for the exploration most of those tings are both in XV and action games

>Except for the exploration
Not him but what? What did he say about action games that is in XV?

He's right though. The things the fans disliked were purely from a design choice standpoint.

You never did. You went straight to wanting examples to prove my argument instead of offering your own reasons why my argument is wrong, which is a strawman.

But now you want an argument based upon that? Fuck you.

No, that ignoring history and not providing a better version of various combat mechanics that these games offered or even equivalent is a mistake.

Which means stuff like God Hand was also a mistake?
wtf i love mistakes now!

They already showed Altissia and Tenebrae
Why should they spoil more locations instead of letting players discover them by themselves?

I wish they would just show us a glance of what Niflheim looks like at least.

>The problem is that Final Fantasy had a decade of other action games to look at for inspiration
> took almost no good parts of that designing this combat system
> it's nowhere near even average with its combat compared to other action games.

my reply.

>Give me 3.

Where did I not address your argument? I asked for three games that they could have used for inspiration. What are you a fucking ghost?

Did you want me to pull out the three series you mentioned afterwards and tell you all about how those mechanics were top notch and how they should have been in XV? You literally said fucking nothing. How the fuck are you going to say all that and not back anything up at all? Hell, I can say what you said for anything. You just keep saying "better version, better combat mechanics" LIKE FUCKING WHAT?

And you still didn't tell me anything and I was pretty civil with you. It's fucking nothing. Go fuck yourself.

Pretty sure the industrial environments from World of Wonder and a few other recent trailers are Niflheim

>adding
Also, that is not a strawman. A strawman is taking something somebody said and twisting it around completely to make it seem worse than what was actually said. I never did any of that. You're probably clinically retarded.

>instead of offering your own reasons why my argument is wrong
That's not how it works. You just want me to do all the work for you. You make a claim. You back it the fuck up. I'm not going to back up your claim for you. hat kind of twisted fucking shitposting psychopath are you?

I bet "ad hominem" is right up your ally now. You really had nothing whatsoever anyway. You're pathetic.

>best cities ever seen in any rpg:
>"not anything interesting"

>tiny unfinished swamp:
>"best thing ever shown"

>we've seen an official Lucis map in kingsglaive
fixed

whoa

>FFXV thread
>pathetically low amount of unique IPs
Every single fucking time. Do that few people actually care about the game?

yea

Those were just Magitek factories though. Really curious what their cities look like.

Most people are smart and avoid these threads like the plague 'cause they know what kind of shit goes down here
Only dumb pathetic fucks with nothing better to do and a lesbian hangs around here

Are you the lesbian?

You mean like FFX?

Heck FFVIII starts out with a trailer for whatever reason

Or are you the dumb pathetic fuck?

Don't tell anybody

>comparing that piece of poop to Altissia

>tfw Sonic 06 did Altissia better than SE could
JUST

You actually took his post seriously?

Ffs user you fucking retard

What's to say they won't die in the future you pleb?

Quit making half assed assumptions when the game comes out 2 months from now you jackass

Yeah no they haven't. And I didn't even watch the older noctis because I didn't want to be spoiled, but I saw the picnic how he looks and that's it

>More assumptions when they 2 more months to work on the game

I wish you would just wait 2 months

WHAT THE FUCK THE SHOTA IS A LOLI

63 days is a long time nigger

63 days out of 365 days in a year is long?

Pathetic, just go ahead and kill yourself to end your wait

365 Days doesn't make 63 Days short
63 Days makes 365 Days a long ass time
63 Days is Tier 3, not top tier but still a high tier of time waiting

Just stfu and end it virgin!

Your words don't mean shit

P-Please read my words! They're all i have on the internet!
And btw i'm not a virgin i was raped when i was 6

I played it for 20 minutes over the weekend and didn't run into technical issues. It's not a mindblowing visual experience, but it's super comfy to play. The way your comerades interact with you in the field and in combat.... I think that's the real innovation that will make the game stand out. Just from playing for that short period of time, it felt different from any other JRPG where your buddies just tag along and share their opinions in very defined cutscenes. It was just way more organic.

Where did you play?

>"final fantasy"
>"rpg"

Comic Con Copenhagen

Whoever did it should have off'd you afterwards

Kinda hard during the daylight

Wow
Mad