Kirby Thread

Try to name a SINGLE Kirby character better than either HB-002 or HB-007.
That's right. You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zwg5H6p3Mfo
youtube.com/watch?v=PUOkUZdwpmo
youtube.com/watch?v=F15AqElflwU
youtube.com/watch?v=NZWrD-IHO6Y
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nk4j/gallery/gallery.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KDL3 bored me to death. The levels were too long and the missions just artificially lengthened the game

I don't see it, but if you were talking about the 3DS games and their collectables I would agree.

Who?

HB-002 is the best friend you could ever have.
HB-007 is the ultimate waifu.

Correct.

Incorrect.

Also post nice art.

It's even more than that, it was how inflexible Kirby and his friends were, controls as stiff as bricks, compared to how varied the enemies' movements could be and how fast/large their collision hitboxes were.

why is squeak squad so overlooked
outside of the difficultly, it is the perfect kirby game

Power combining was utterly shallow and disappointing both absolutely and relative to previous entries, the plot was only enough to be one part of a Superstar game, made the mistake of unlocking depth of attacks via unlockables, and the Triple Star Cane was the first slap to the face of Kirby lore (and minor compared to the damage that the Halcandran Dimension, but equal to the countless spinoffs each with their own Deus Ex Machina, would later do).

In essence, Squeak Squad was a foreshadowing of the laziness to come, realized in RtDL/TD/PR.

This post is truth.

I'm not jestin'.

And that's the problem.

Unfortunately true.

Squeak Squad is a poor man's Amazing Mirror. Which itself is a poor man's Return to Dreamland. Which itself is a poor man's Superstar.

Basically, Squeak Squad is for the absolutely fucking destitute.

I thought Security Force killing itself so you couldn't get its power was pretty good.

STOP MAKING DAILY KORBY THREADS

Well... that was easy

This is my first time on Cred Forums in months.

W H E N
H
E
N

I feel for you, but I and many others don't see the charm.

Now, what part about it did you like most? What part(s) would you want to carry over to other Kirby games? Surely there are parts that could be improved.

I will say that I remember (perhaps falsely?) the combat being fluid, especially compared to AM and NiDL. Seeing Dedede outside of his usual settings was also a treat.

And yet all those games, including Squeak Squad, are better than SuperStar.

Try to actually say something next time.

Such a shame, especially after how great the first 2 games controlled.

I like Kirby

How was it a slap in the face lore-wise?

>he likes kirby

I love Kirby

>he LOVES kirby

I am Kirby

gorb

I had way more fun with RtD than with Amazing Mirror.

The controls and physics were about the same, but with the addition of running, smoother flying controls, head bonk form underneath enemies, and more depth to powers like fire and parasol.

jorb
you are kirby

that's exactly what I implied, my friend.

>were about the same
No they weren't. Please stop

Don't be ridiculous. My arms are fucking nubs and there is no way he'd be able to type.

>Kirby actually posts on Cred Forums
hey bro I saw dedede breaking into your house and raiding your fridge

t. waddle doo

>now open this chest man i'll give you candy

Liar. My house has no fridge.

*HIS

his house has no fridge!

I fucking knew it

But seriously Kirby he was breaking into your house and left with a sack

I don't really think there's much from it that should return (aside from things like the Magic, Bubble and Animal abilities [possibly with more moves/usefulness], Ninja's charged move and some of the neat elemental stuff), but saying RtDL/TD/PR are lazy is just wrong. And I honestly didn't even understand your comment about lore.

Eh, it's not entirely difficult to beat Kirby Superstar in one way or another. Adventure's backgrounds and settings were superior, KDL2 and 3 introduced the stellar villain Dark Matter, Squeak Squad and KSSU would improve upon the hitboxes/frames, etc.

Mm, in a way, yes. Those games were more methodical in their enemy placements and kept it simple, where KDL3 was ambitious and numerous with its enemies. KDL1 and KDL2 would have suffered similar marks if it had used KDL3's design philosophy.

Simple! Once-powerful and/or important items or characters became humdrum, a microcosm of what happened to the comic book industry and its franchises.

As much as I love the Rainbow Sword, I'd gladly wipe it from existence if it also meant taking out the Heart Stars, the Triple Star Cane, etc., all these things that downplay what fills Dream Land with, y'know, dreams.
Not to mention making King Dedede not-lame again, and Meta Knight a worthy, OH SHIT foe, instead of a jobber.

>are lazy is just wrong

And don't even get me started on how the superpower mechanics are copy-pasted.

You better be foolin.

>And don't even get me started on how the superpower mechanics are copy-pasted.

But Code Cubes and Sun Stones are lame, I'll give you that.

I-I'm sure it was just he needed to clear out the leaves in your gutter and filled a bag, right? Just cleaning up, haha just a prank bro

Combo powers > big movesets
Shit mostly dies in one hit anyways so it's not like it matters. And boss fights are infinitely more fun doing them without powers.

The only difference is the Robobot.
The Super Abilities and the Hypernova affected puzzles and mid bosses in exactly the same manner. Robobot acts as similarly to an animal friend and traverses more stage, but ultimately only exists to serve the same gimmick.

Absolute bullshit.

It's boring to use one attack over and over. Far better to have a deeper movepool.

Now if we had a Milky Way Wishes setup AND power combining, well that might be different. Maybe. We'd have to see if it's fluid or cumbersome.

>inb4 replying to a 2 hour old post
The missions in KDL3 were only tedious in a few examples. Besides, if you skipped the missions, you ended up skipping a good portion of most of the levels.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zwg5H6p3Mfo

>we'll never get a kirby game with graphics as good as 0:00 - 0:11

I don't think to Star Rod is being downplayed, Nightmare is the only one with a weakness to it. Hell, it's not even supposed to be a weapon.

I just played them all to compare. He was right, but it's more like they introduced walking instead of running. Running is slightly faster than walking in the first 2, but walking is much slower. They also introduced his slide kick from KA.

Agreed. I prefer switching things up in ways that alter the basic controls and machanics as well as how powers work. But 2 or 3 moves per power could be fine, as long as they're justified.

Borb

>Nightmare is the only one with a weakness to it

[citation needed]
Besides, stars are something that Kirby spits all the time - it's no stretch to think it couldn't have been used in later games instead of the HOT, NEW DEUS EX MACHINA FOR COOL YOUNG KIDS.

Between how often it shows up only to serve as nostalgic backdrop and how integral it is to Dream Land's function, it is being downplayed.

>Besides, if you skipped the missions, you ended up skipping a good portion of most of the levels.
That's exactly my point. Early Kirby games have memorable rooms because the rooms are designed with powerups in mind. KDL3 just has long corridors with nothing in them and missions vaguely hinted at. But thanks for proving my point.

The tripe star cane is fine. It's just a bonus item

Look at old 90s cgi commercials. We will get there in time.

No, it's the weakness of the final boss, and has 0 significance DESPITE being a ripoff of the Star Rod AND a multiplier ripoff at that. An inanimate Mary Sue.

Why hasn't the Love-Love Stick returned?
Unlike the other magic boss-killers he's used, t's an item made as a direct result of Kirby's actions, it belongs to him alone, the nature of it speaks for volumes for his character, it's very well designed and compliments Kirby's color scheme, and he can either use it casually as a baton, or seriously as the hypercharged magical artifact it is. The Star Rod is ancient and belongs in the Fountain of Dreams, the rainbow sword was turned back into the rainbow bridges for the Rainbow Isles, the the Crystal is back on Ripple Star, Master (now called Galaxia) is just Meta Knight's sword, Triple Star is just a cane of a mouse, big sword is boring and dependant on eating an enemy, maguffin fruit comes from a plant somewhere else, and robots don't fit Kirby as a character.
But there's no reason for Kirby not to use the Love-Love Stick every now and again. Is it the name? Is it that it's from a Shimomura game?

I do want to respond to this fully, but I'm driving. I will say this:

Well, for one thing, IT'S CALLED THE LOVE-LOVE STICK.
GAAAAAAAY

Weird seeing people having an argument without getting riproaring mad on Cred Forums

Nothing gay about having a heart full of love, my man.

Well, it helps that A) the series is in good shape, and B) the only arguing that can't be done by facts is in which direction each person wants the Kirby world and gameplay to go.

Nothing you say implicates you being a different guy at all, the contrary.

Learn how to read. And learn how you're wrong

Eh, that's good. Hopefully I haven't jinxed it.

I'm being silly of course, but my point about the potentially obscene name still stands.

I think you're a silly guy user
stay silly

Nah, only Nintendo can screw the former up, and the latter is natural.

I dunno but people sure do love to misdraw it.
3 red stripes, 2 yellow stripes, yellow heart, yellow hilt, red crossguard, and red pommel.

Well that's good. Have a blue Kirby user

Hey, I remember you. I remember saying that the Triple Star fit Kirby better.
After playing all the Kirby games, yeah. I gotta say that the Love Love Stick is the perfect fit for Kirby's "main weapon".
The next game seems like it may focus on Dark Matter, so maybe it'll be back then.

also bring back adeleine the animal buds and gooey plz

It's the best way to be!

is this from nice board
Man I want to eat some pecans now

CALL NOW AND WE'LL GIVE YOUR TWO CANS OF TOUCANS CAT SCANS

ABSOLUTELY FREE

he could sell nice in a brostorm

I love the names they give the songs

I'd buy it with extra tension

I remember you too. Good to see you again.
I agree, pic related.

>Kirby monopolizes Dreamland's healthcare industry
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Go away Haltmann, you don't even have a soul anymore.

Doesn't Haltmann Corp. control the Pillahs that give Doctor? He should be able to make quite the impact on it.

bite me magolor
neither do you and you came back

Probably that it's supposed to be a one-off like everything else it unfortunately seems, and from a Shimomura game.

But you know, as long as we've opened Pandora's Box with the Halcandran Dimension, I'm all for the 30th Anniversary game saying "All those one off artifacts? They're all Halcandran, better equivalents of Copy Abilities, and you get to use them all in this game."

Why is Susie the worst character in the series?

Ha, that's rich.
There are plenty worse.

Will, it showed up again as his signature weapon in Super Star Stacker. The game Grill and the now "Masked Dedede" theme are from.

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER MENTION DREAM COURSE

Do you mean bad as a character, or a character that is a bad person? Because those are completely different things.

But user, HAL did.
Musically

Bad person. She's an interesting character.

SO CUTE> WHY CANT I DRAW LIKE AN ASIAN

Don't worry user I'm asian and I can't draw well either
my sister can but she doesn't draw Kirby, she only draws loli for whatever reason.

It's underrated. Better than Robobot for sure.

Susie was at least somewhat justified in her actions
susie:
>hey dad i'm back from another dimension look at all this cool shit i found out about halcandrans
haltmann:
>who the fuck are you and why do i feel like i know you. be my assistant and help me work on this fuckhuge ai

Susie must've known that Star Dream was evil the whole time. Definitely didn't go about it the right way, but I don't think she could've just told Haltmann, "Hey man I'm your daughter and that AI you're working on is evil as fuck and is erasing your memories to turn you into it's puppet"

Did she know Star Dream was evil? She wanted to steal it, not break it. Maybe she just wanted to have it for herself to take it away from Haltmann.

Well, Star Dream is what sent her to Another Dimension on "accident" in the first place. Surely she wouldn't like it when she came back, and seeing her father obsessed with it couldn't have been good for her. She also probably saw the kind of stuff that happened to Haltmann when he used the headset as well.

Well I guess she did want to get rid of it, given the 'start-up company' comment. Strange, though, she'd certainly have the motive to just destroy it instead of selling it off.

That's... a little odd. At least she's not wasting her time playing games i guess.

Maybe she wanted to sell it to someone familiar with Clockwork Stars, like Marx or Magolor.

I don't know if I'd say that, I fucking love both.

no she plays a shitload of games

Post your sister's lolis.

>Cred Forums hates KDL3 now
seriously?

If it's not a fluffy beat-em-up, it's bad.

nah, my top 3 are
KDL3
Robobot
Adventure

Nah, just the people who hate it are much more vocal than the people who like it.
Then again, Cred Forums also hate 'comfy' games now so maybe they do, I don't know.

I don't have them as they are on her computer. I think I might be able to get one for the game dev thread

Fans of the series like and appreciate it.

Come on, go on her computer and post some here.

The only bad thing about 3 is the stiff controls. The water segments especially were unbearable without Kine. Coo and pitch are also shit. Which is a shame.

I'm at my Grandma's house because I just took the bus back from uni. Can't go to what's 100 miles away.

Also someone might've uploaded her sleeping bag vita from the console tan threads so feel free to check there.

I like eyeballs

I see, user.

Text her and ask her to come to this thread to post some stuff.

user I'll post it if the thread is open when I get home.

I do not see

I was under the impression from previous threads that it was one of the more well liked games considering how so many people want Zero to return in the next game.

IDEAS FOR A MOBILE KIRBY GAME

AND GO

THE MASS ATTACK SUBGAMES BUT EXPANDED ON AND MADE WITH BETTER GRAPHICS
KING ME

KIRBY QUEST SUBGAME. MORE CAMEOS.

Tilt 'n' Tumble 2.

Kirby Rainbow Curse and Kirby Canvas Curse. The only games that could work with touch screen controls and is the only one that sticks to the true Kirby formula closely than other spin offs.

Golf or Puzzle would work fine, but it would feel too "cheap" and "spinoff-ish", considering the Nintendo mobile titles role is to capture the potential customers into their games.

The rest of the games are too dependent on physical controls.

Though, that's my most realistic idea on how would a Mobile kirby game would work.

So easy to do Canvas Curse/Tilt and Tumble. Or a puzzle game. Or the minigames.

Lots of good discussion in this thread

bunp

Kirby dating sim. The girls are a Waddle Dee, a Waddle Doo, a Cappy, a Broom Hatter, Pitch's mom, and a Bronto Burt.

Winner winner

whered all the anons go

watching the debate, maybe?
So shitposting on Cred Forums

debate

You sure about that Pal?

Oh shit it's on?
Bye thread

They just finished.

post kirby reaction pics, my folder is small

EXCSUSE ME

kirby

Here's her vita in bed

nice

"Kirby of the Stars" is a much much more fitting and appealing title than "Kirby's Dream Land"

How much of the series even takes place in Dream Land anyway? It's just a small star shaped island, as seen in Superstar Stacker. Maybe it's in the middle of the rainbow islands.

Honestly the geography of Popstar in general is really unclear. Many games take place on the five points, but the theme of each point is different every game, or the points just rearrange themselves between games.
>KDL3 (going clockwise)
Grass Land - Ripple Field - Sand Canyon - Cloudy Park - Iceberg
>KRtDL (clockwise)
Cookie Country - Raisin Ruins - Onion Ocean - White Wafers - Nutty Noon
>K:PR (counterclockwise)
Patched Plains - Resolution Road - Overload Ocean - Gigabyte Grounds - Rhythm Route

Must be many places at each point.

Fuck why does this look so good
I just want to go and sit with that bird

>Kirby swallows Joseph Joestar.jpg

Post your favorite Kirbtunes.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUOkUZdwpmo

I want King Dedede to shove me into Kirby's ass with his Mecha Jet Hammer

>user tries to be as insufferable as possible

Rick

That joke is probably the only reason anyone ever cropped that panel, and while he's not saying anything new it hardly qualifies as "insufferable as possible", often times its more insufferable how easily Cred Forums gets tirggered by jojo being mentioned

that is now my favorite Galacta knight image.
>tfw you're dragged across time and space by a crazy machine and have to fight a blue masked knight.

Thanku

galacta knight's suffering never ceases to amuse

Kirbumb

>teeth
this kirby scares me

did they ever come back

Nope, Kirby as a series is known for its brilliant cast of one-off characters that never appear again.
Hopefully Kumazaki continues to change that.

"No" to all.

aw that's a shame they're adorable

Goodnight Kirby thread

youtube.com/watch?v=F15AqElflwU

sleep tight borb

Sweet dreams and best wishes!
All wishes come with a free destruction of popstar.

could I also get fries with that or would that be asking too much?

Fries are extra. Please put on the program controller for details.

why is this so fucking GOOD?
youtube.com/watch?v=NZWrD-IHO6Y

One last question, can I opt out of summoning Galacta Knight or is that non-negotiable?

Oh no, we only do that to the new admins.

Its grand and bombastic but also somewhat fun and light-hearted, not really epic but still a good ol fightin theme, gets me ready to fucking rumble every time

When's the band getting back together anyways?

>kirby 64 website is still up
>its filled with hundreds of kids drawings
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nk4j/gallery/gallery.html

is this a jojo or something?