What is the best arcade racer and why is it burnout 3?

What is the best arcade racer and why is it burnout 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0lEPG6fZMog
youtube.com/watch?v=rk8MkDrXt9A
youtube.com/watch?v=IWJpB8jLw4A
youtube.com/watch?v=xTTFdORQqRc
youtube.com/watch?v=F5UZxQZy6Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhpYY5iWWfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

burnout paradise says hello

Paradise was average m8. Open world ruined the arcade feel of it, I can't even remember any decent crash junctions and no option to restart a track so you have to drive all the way back to the start. The bikes were crap too.

F Zero X or Wipeout get my vote.

Thats Midnight Club 3

THERE'S POISON IN THE BOYS IN BLUE

F-ZERO GX

Outrun is also pretty great.

WE ARE THE LAZY GENERATION

Crusin USA

Paradise ruined Burnout. Can't believe the shit you have to read here sometimes.

Hell no, Paradise doesn't even get close to Revenge, it can't dream of being better than 3.

Best arcade racers ever made:
-Burnout 3
-F-Zero GX
-Outrun 2006 Coast2Coast

STRYKER HERE

>driving F1 car for the first time

Best racer of all time

>doing a triple takedown on accident

>liking paradise

The only other person i have seen who liked paradise on Cred Forums was a pathetic samefag.

Steam release when?

The BEST car for doing takedowns, prove me wrong.

heads up guys. ps2 version emulated reallllly great.

>tfw A-SPEC will never emulate well

>Fast and aggressive racing put away for nothing but boring realism
>Feel like I'm driving a bunch of vans compared to the rush of burnout
>EA doesn't want to do anything with the license anymore

I wonder what the new "burnout" game will be

I remember Burnout 3 had a such good and matching OST, I enjoyed so much this game, I even got a trophy in a videogames contest that I won kek

youtube.com/watch?v=0lEPG6fZMog

>trying to play burnout 3 on my HDTV

To be fair you could restart a race using the d-pad/numpad, but yeah the only memorable things about paradise are girlfriend and getting bored driving around a soulless environment looking for something to do.

Also I never played Takedown but everyone always says it's the best, what does it have over, say, Burnout Revenge that makes it so much better?

>the GOAT racers of the mid 2000s will never come back
End my life desu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=rk8MkDrXt9A

Some of the small mechanical tweeks that Revenge made (like knocking traffic around, for example) ruin the tension that you find in Takedown.

Revenge is still fun, but Takedown is (rightly) the pinnacle of the Burnout series.

>Yfw there will never be another Burnout game

>Burnout is kill
>Midnight Club was scrapped
>Flatout's successor is a shambles
>NFS will never be good again

Expect an Origin release at best.

Finish me off senpai

looks fine with the proper cables and shit.

Don't mind me, just posting the superior game

the thing that was good about revenge was that you didnt instantly get destroyed when you hit a car

Racing fans around the world say goodbye to Burnout

Play the Xbox version with component cables, still looks good

heh nice reddit maym

No. Burnout 2 and Burnout 3 were the best, it went downhill after that.

Downhill Domination was a great game now that we are at it. Wish more Road Rash clones came out.

Both are amazing games but I prefer Revenge better.

Really? I prefer Revenge better because of that mechanic.

>Captcha: select all images with cars
Close enough Captcha, close enough.

>literally every racing game i've ever loved
>hello_darkness_my_oldfriend.jpg

>Trackmania is also dead

Yeah because you are a casual. Having to dodge incoming cars was good.

And your car having the strength of a car isn't even realistic.

You are the cancer that killed Burnout,

Literally dropped Revenge as soon as I found out there's no quick race and road rage has a timer. That's actually worse than Street Fighter 5 shipping with no single fight mode. Not to mention Revenge is all brown and bloom and no riced up hotwheel cars with liveries. Talk about going fucking backwards in every way imaginable.

youtube.com/watch?v=IWJpB8jLw4A

You do realize another one is coming out right? It's just not going to be called burnout. Most if not all of the OG Criterion guys left to form Three Fields Entertainment and there announces that as we speak they're working on a driving game.

>Asking for realism in burnout
>Calling me a casual when you probably never finished Revenge with all the stars in all of the events
Yeah nah, eat shit.

>tfw in top 1000 players back in 2009
had some good times but got bored after a couple of years, great game though.

>Paper Wings comes on
>Too pumped up to brake or move out of the oncoming lane

The Japanese Burnout 3 DJ

Mindfuck desu ne

youtube.com/watch?v=xTTFdORQqRc

Revenge is better but 3 is so meme-ified now no one will ever play 4

The soundtrack was better fuck you I thought the GET OUT OF MY ROOM MOM tier soundtrack fit the game better than indie shit and there was no annoying DJ

burnout domintor on psp was dope desu

Are you one of those people who never check the option to see if they can turn stuff off

I remember playing the DS version and going like "lol why did they even bother".

>Paradise
Fuck you

>that one time attack event in the F1 car in the mountains
youtube.com/watch?v=F5UZxQZy6Sc

>had the demo on ps2
>fast cars, catchy music, agressive blur effects
>first time I saw these crashes
>the racing tracks were good, pretty classic, with an obvious road to not distract you from the action on screan

>paradise
>bland "realistic" colors
>open world crap, everything is the same bland building
>prettier car crashes

come on, I loved 3, why did they changed that? I don't want gta, I want an action racing game

>tfw Burnout 3 was the only game I ever felt compelled to 100%

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhpYY5iWWfk

I emulated both 3 and Revenge a few years ago, won all races, fuck those endless crash events in 3 though, I'm sick of that shit, never finished those
Played 3 first, then played and finished Revenge, I gotta say I agree. Revenge has much better controls, camera, crash mode and soundtrack

>much better controls and camera

Burnout Paradise had the opposite of realistic colors, it had instagram filters. It was Burnout 3 Takedown that had unfiltered colors unlike Revenge or Paradise.

I always though it was a choice the devs made to simulate a slightly tainted windshield
and it was a slip of the tongue, since "realistic colors" = bland and boring

>crash in a race and enter impact mode
>camera is facing forward 90% of the time

>use crashbreaker in crash mode
>need to get that 4x multiplier
>camera faces fuck knows what

3's camera was shit. Regarding the controls, often when going into drift you would totally lose the control of your car and end up wrecked or having to hit the brakes, both of which detracted a lot of enjoyment. This shit has no place in a game like this

>a new game came out like last month
????????????????

I don't usually feel like this is appropriate, but
>get gud

So you don't have any arguments, gotcha.

>Still no HD remaster

It's Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3.

anyone else play full auto

I didn't enjoy revenge at all. Being able to hit the oncoming traffic ruined this version entirely and made it incredibly easy

Revenge felt smoother.

Takedown was just more fun.

>boring tracks
>cinematic cameras out the ass
>no speed

wuh

I could never get it to work without the skyboxes being fucked

>start game
>hit F9 during the very first loading screen
>hit F9 again when it's done
It's still the only way, unfortunately. Was the same when I emulated it back in 2011
I also noticed much better performance on an older emulator revision, but my PC is old. Still, so much for PS2 emulation progress

I've never played a racing game that did such a great job with environments while not resigning itself to the kart racing genre. This was such a good blend of realistic cars and levels with crazy shit like ramps that propel you to entirely different sections of the map, a roller-coaster esque track, a level entirely filled with ramps and jumps... Is there a racing game anything like this?

my nigga

Scud Race, Daytona 2 and Outrun 2006 all just called and left a message to say you're a faggot.

>no mention of the GOAT motorstorm

I literally smashed my PS3 controller into the ground last night playing Paradise. Fuck that game for not having some sort of GPS to follow to the finish line. The only reason I lose in that game is because I get lost in my last mile to the finish line. Fuck map reading skills and memorization of the whole stupid map, I just want to race. I need to find a PS2 or something to play Takedown again.

I bought it day one.

On PS4 that fucking game was the most dead on arrival I've ever seen a game. It was like 4 rooms going for a week, then nothing. Im sure it was maybe a little better on PC, but not much. Like 3 people actually made tracks.