Get hired by a game studio

>get hired by a game studio
>pitch them my idea for a cyberpunk fighting game with gameplay and graphics similar to KoF 14
>idea gets greenlit, so fucking excited
>2 months later the studio cans the idea, higher up says "fighting games aren't profitable and too niche"
>they instead allocate their resources to a fucking MOBA in a dark fantasy setting
>claim it's "revolutionary" because it doesn't "solves the problem of feeders" and has more than a single map
>they steal one of my fighter character ideas which was a badass cyberninja from Japan who fights with a lightsaber katana and made it into a fucking elven assassin with bladed gauntlets coated in noxious poison

Fuck this goddamn studio, and fuck them for killing my dream game and making me work on a fucking moba, and fuck them for stealing my awesome character idea and making it into some gay ass bullshit. And FUCK FANTASY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAgfHGJKxU0
vimeo.com/94597036
dailymotion.com/video/x20luax_death-cargo-game-trailer_videogames
youtube.com/watch?v=e1aKsXJ79GM
youtube.com/watch?v=zqK65DPRKPw
youtube.com/watch?v=8Pr5TY5wApE
youtube.com/watch?v=qfEOUeypMh8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow op they fucked you over

>badass cyberninja from Japan who fights with a lightsaber katana and made it into a fucking elven assassin with bladed gauntlets coated in noxious poison
Sounds like they did you a favor and fixed your terrible OC.

You can sue them for copyright infringement.

This smells like pasta.

>>claim it's "revolutionary" because it doesn't "solves the problem of feeders"

How is not solving a problem revolutionary?

I meant does solve, typo. And yeah they claim it solves the problem of feeders with some special leveling shit.

Yeah, because some edgy elf assassin with poison blades is way more creative than a goddamn CYBERNINJA with a LIGHTSABER KATANA

They pay your meals, you dance to their tune.

I don't see a problem here, start your own studio if you feel used.

Another moba? man why do people still make that shit?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

You don't see a problem? They bait and switched me. They greenlit my fighter, then canned it for some bs reason, then allocate funding to a fucking shit game in a shit genre for shit people, and steal my character design and fag it the fuck up.

>You can sue them for copyright infringement.

t. neet

Unless he actually has a copyright it belongs to the company, that's how it works.

>so litterally Raiden from mgs2, then?

I sincerely hope you know that's incredibly uncreative. It's just Genji/Raiden with a lightsaber.

Wow, your character design must be pretty good to be worth two months salary for the 12+ people they had on the team.

No, he was a villainous character who loved to murder for fun.

Oh but a fucking elf assassin with poison armblades is creative? Fuck off with that shit. I'm pissed too that they stole a bunch of the ideas from my fighter concept then use it for this moba shit, they reappropriated my goddamn shit. It doesn't even work either. My game the story concept was revolved around the far future in this dark and gritty city, where this crime syndicate holds some no holds barred fighting tournament, and whoever wins gets a wish, anything they desire. They stole the idea and put it in their moba, except instead of the future, it's some fantasy world shit. The story concept doesn't even work in a fantasy setting, what crime syndicate would there be in fantasy?

Is this Sins of a Dark Age

Nobody is saying the elf is creative you autistic mongoloid, you're the one something out about how creative and original your idea with its own TVTropes page is.

wait a minute...that pose...

>something
Sperging*

Yeah well you attack my idea, so deal with it. Them stealing my character was like sticking a finger up someone's ass, wiggling it around, then acting like you never did it. I feel violated, confused, and hurt.

>So an edgy Raiden?

> badass cyberninja from Japan who fights with a lightsaber katana
INCREDIBU THIS HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE

This thread is full of fucking moba shills. We could have had a kickass cyberpunk fighting game, but instead we're gonna get a goddamn moba, don't we have enough of those?

why do these dumb monkeys always copy lols aesthetic and character model, cant they see that lol would fucking fail miserably if not for the millions of kids who spent too much money and now they cant quit?

Konami will be suing you shortly.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're a self-obsessed cunt with delusions of grandeur and nobody was ever going to give your horribly unoriginal ideas a greenlight in the first place?
Of course that's assuming this isn't a retarded shitposting spree you've been on for sone weeks now. Which it is.

So instead of a shit game, they're making a shit game?

kek

Your idea is shit from top to bottom. Cyberninjas and energy swords are just as common as fucking elves these days. You have no idea how to balance a fighting game or make it fun. Nobody who plays fighters is going to buy a edgy game from some literally who studio, hell most of them wont stray from games from long time established companies, and for good reason.

Your stupid edgy lightsaber wielding cyber ninja who murders for fun sounds like a fucking deviant art character, at least they turned it into something that fits with the game they're making.

everything you make while you're employed at a company is automatically their property

they specifically have this in contracts to avoid assholes like you

He was nothing like goddamn raiden besides being a cyber ninja. His plot was that he was raised on the streets by a monk that knew Ninjutsu. One day this biker gang attacked and killed the monk, and he was beaten badly by the gang. Some agent who worked for a corp saw that he knew ninjutsu and captured him, having him undergo a procedure that made him into a cybernetic assassin, but the drugs he had to take for his cybernetics drove him nuts and caused him to love pain and violence. He hopes to find the gang that killed his master/mentor and make them suffer horribly.

Nothing like Raiden. He was gonna be awesome too, imagine some crimson viper meets vega type shit. But no, instead of playing that, you'll get to play as some elf assassin with poison arm spines spinning around and shit like a pansy. And instead of large character models, it'll be teeny tiny shit like all mobas have, like those tiny ass midget people in LoL and Dota 2.

>Your stupid edgy lightsaber wielding cyber ninja who murders for fun sounds like a fucking deviant art character,

>implying elven assassin with poisonous arm spines isn't deviantart tier shit

Someone post the grimdark fighting game copypasta.

Now I know this is a troll, thanks for clearing that up.

>Work for company
>Submit idea to company
>Get pissed when company modifies idea

You don't own the rights to a concept you submit, cunt.

Oh dear god stop, my sides.
>Pennywise x Raiden x Akira.

>All the newfags ITT
kek
This thread comes up every few months

>He was nothing like goddamn Raiden besides being a cyber ninja like Raiden.

ftfy

You didn't realize that everything you invent during your working hours is owned by the company? Henceforth, keep all the good ideas on yourself instead of just giving them away for free.

how do you know that they stole your character if they changed everything about it?

>work for company
>make designs for company
>get made the company you work for takes the art you made for them and implements it because it isn't how you wanted it used.
Should have gotten yourself a nice contract where you retained character rights and could tell how they are used. If you don't do that anything you create for that company is theirs it isn't stealing

>raised on the streets by a monk
>monk
>on the streets

oh boy

>Some agent who worked for a corp saw that he knew ninjutsu and captured him, having him undergo a procedure that made him into a cybernetic assassin

Raiden

>the drugs he had to take for his cybernetics drove him nuts

Deus Ex

>love pain and violence

More Raiden

>He hopes to find the gang that killed his master/mentor and make them suffer horribly

If I cared enough I could probably name 5000 characters with the same motivation. But this contradicts the whole "villain who murders for fun" thing doesnt it kek

So glad this shit isnt getting made.

He was nothing like pennywise, he wasn't a goddamn clown, and how was he like akira, he wasn't a damn biker.

Because they kept the part about him enjoying killing, except they changed it to him being a serial killer addicted to magic fluid or some shit, fuck if I know. It sounded dumb as fuck.

>2 months later the studio cans the idea, higher up says "fighting games aren't profitable and too niche"
He is right outside of smash, street fighter and tekken they sell like hot garbage

Funny no one minded TMNT Splinter being a fucking samurai that lived in the damn sewers, but a strret monk is odd to you?

And he was villainous, just because he had a good reason to kill doesn't negate the fact he did become an assassin that murders people and enjoys it.

Also their art style for the game is real similar to this, but with character models the size of League shit. So instead of nice huge sized hd models on your screen fighting, it's gonna be small ass league of legends dota shit on some shit fuck map fighting.

Other user here
You guys are really arguing about originality? All original work is derivative from other sources. What is important is if it hits your targeted audience and if you can make it plausible for them.

You're bad at acting. You need to make your opiniond believable. Unless you really are little kid or something, this is just not realistic. You actually think having the trait of loving to kill is better than what they did. Idk man..

that looks pretty comfy senpai

So how does making a moba make sense, every moba besides league of lesbians and fucking defense of the assholes 2 all failed miserably. Do people even play any other mobas?

Splinter is from a children's cartoon.

Im getting strong "Death Cargo" vibes from OP. Anyone remember this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=GAgfHGJKxU0
vimeo.com/94597036
dailymotion.com/video/x20luax_death-cargo-game-trailer_videogames

Their character loves to kill too, and is also addicted to drugs, all they did was remove the whole deep backstory about his childhood, added some edgy "he's a serial killer" thing on, and made him addicted to "magic drugs".

Are you the same faggot that's made Fantasy hate threads for the past two or so days?

Cyberpunk sucks, deal with it.

That is tokusatsu level of uncreativity, user.
And the bad ones at that.

If you're being serious then I just think that your idea was really rushed and not thought out enough, their's is also shitty but still better than yours.

You better be underage faggot or else you have the strongest autismo powers i have seen on here. Japanese cyborg ninja is JUST AS BAD as poison assassin elf

Oh yeah? Well if I had been allowed to do my game idea, you could've had nice graphics like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1aKsXJ79GM

Large detailed character models, nice and vibrant and colorful. Instead you're gonna get a dark fantasy moba, like some ugly ass souls game with tiny ass characters. Have fun fighting fucking minions or creeps or whatever the fuck for like 10 minutes.

My cyber ninja had an actual deep backstory that was relatable. No one can relate to a goddamn serial killer elf with poison armblades.

>What is important is if it hits your targeted audience and if you can make it plausible for them

Which he clearly wasnt going to do with this shitty idea. He brought originality into this when he started chastising what they did to "his character" as if his idea was somehow new or unique.

Splinter was a fucking rat not a samurai. He learned martial arts from a book he found in the sewers.

This is how we know you're pretending. "Deep back story" it's like you're desperate for us to find out you're just acting

Literally noone can relate to a japanese orphan ninja sperg. Back story I cookie cutter at best. Holy shit I better be being baited here

Captcha: STOP PETERS

>kickass cyberpunk fighting game
Ok, the problem here is, even assuming that the studio you work for is capable of doing a good fighting game, the simple concept of a cyberpunk fighting game is off puting.
Different than action games, fighting games needs characters that are vastly different both gameplay wise and character design wise, and I just don't see how a cyberpunk game would cut it.
You can put cyberpunk-style characters in a game with a weird/non-specific world but you can't put a lot of usual tropes in a cyberpunk setting.
I can be saying bullshit though, since I don't enjoy fighting games at all.

One way to guarantee I'll never play a game is to call it a moba

Nonsense, you can do lots of tropes in cyberpunk. Hell, another idea I had was a chun li inspired character with robotic legs.

Alright OP. Lets see the concept art. I needa laugh

sickdark

>relatable

Yeah, we've all been a cyber ninja with a light saber and a hard on for avenging a hobo master at some point in our lives

Give up, you intolerable faggot.

This fucking pasta again? Only like the third time ive seen it in that many days and i dont even lurk that often.

Besides companies dont just hire idea guys off the street and listen to their dumbass ideas. They promote internally the people that they know arent total fuckups.

Yeah, we've all been an elven assassin with poison arm blades and a hard on for murdering people at some point in our lives

Give up, you intolerable faggot.

Yes, because a Samurai implies almost nothing but that you fight with a sword style (usually katanas because nowadays people don't research shit) and usually have a code of honor.
A Monk implies that he is religious and lives in reclusion, out of contact with any of our human pleasures. Most monks live in a big community with other monks.

>vibrant and colorful cyberpunk world
Heh

I'm not some damn idea guy off the street, I graduated from fucking video game design school. I know my shit.

And I just got an email, they ruined another of my fucking designs. I had a concept for a woman that was part snake, she had a fully humanoid body, but some scales on her face, fangs, claws, and she wore snakeskin pants and used serpent style kung fu like christie from doa series. They turned her now into a character for this fucking moba, and she's now a "naga" with a lower body of a snake, fins instead of hair, and she fights by spraying venom from her hands and fangs. Fuck this goddamn shit, they're full on ruining my cool character ideas.

>deep backstory

Maximum kek. gr8 b8 m8

Oh, you sure can adapt existing tropes to a cyberpunk artstyle but the problem is everyone will look the fucking same.
Oh look, a robot.
Oh look, a cyborg.
Oh look, a human being that uses weird technology.
That's it. While on a non specific setting you can have all of the above, in a cyberpunk you are basically excluding all of fantasy tropes and basic weapons (you would have to adapt them).
You would need a fucking amazing character designer to make every character look unique, and if even the guys working on NieR:Automata are having a hard time doing it, I bet a literal who studio would manage.

Neon signs mean anything to you? Better than some dark fantasy shit with fucking glowing rocks and wisps on the map.

The music is ruined too. Here's a theme I was gonna try to get into my game:
youtube.com/watch?v=zqK65DPRKPw

Imagine that playing as two people are fighting on some rain soaked rooftop during a heavy thunderstorm, as helicopters fly past with searchlights, and people drinking in a bar on the rooftop. Or this theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=8Pr5TY5wApE

Two fighters going toe to toe in a fucking steel mill, sparks flying as wealthy spectators watch the fight and cheer and place bets.

Here's the kind of music they have planned for their game:
youtube.com/watch?v=qfEOUeypMh8

As if anyone gives a flying fucking ass about music in a goddamn MOBA. Fuck mobas, I hate them and the people who play them so goddamn much.

Are you fucking 12? Neither character is relatable, but youre claiming yours is. Fucking kill yourself. What kind of retarded indie studio would hire a retard like you?

>He is also known as Mister Pain

They're just uncreative if they have so much trouble, it isn't that damn hard. Aliens alone would allow for tons of unique ideas for designs. Meanwhile fantasy is just the same old shitty ass elves, dwarves, medieval knights, and demons.

Oh fuck, I recognize this shithead.

Previously you made that thread where you claimed your totally real dev team was trying to decide whether to make a fantasy or scifi game, and you were the deciding vote. Then you went on absolutely shitfit rage when people suggested fantasy while you screamed how "badass scifi is because LIGHTSABER NINJAS" and other shit like that.

Looks like you didnt matter that much in your totally real dev team after all if they completely ran over you. Punk ass bitch.

>>claim it's "revolutionary" because it doesn't "solves the problem of feeders" and has more than a single map
it doesn't solve it?

how is this revolutionary? lmao

if you want to solve that problem just make it so that you can leave the game at any point and join another with a small penalty.

Youngfag.

Fuck MOBAs

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how this horrible shit EVER got popular?

I have never, in 4 studios, met a videogame design major who got a job in design. QA, yes. Design, never.

Also, if they cancelled your game after 2 months it must have been awful as well as unoriginal as shit on paper. Deal with it. You have no skills outside of Idea churning,to pretend otherwise is just sad.

>Create something uninspired
>Get mad when company who hired you used your uninspired idea and and created something completely differently uninspired with it

MOBAs other then LoL/DotA/HotS/SMITE don't get any attention either.

This is the same problem we had last generation with everyone and their mother making CoD clones and then no one bought any of them because they already had their fucking CoD.

No one cares about your derivative shit when they've got the normally superior original.

That being said the same can't be said for fighting games because they were never that popular to begin with. I've always found the people who enjoy fighting games are more willing to branch out then say people who like shooters or mobas.

Not him but I'd pick Cyberpunk over Fantasy any day of the week.

Cyberpunk settings are pretty cool and we don't really get enough of them in comparison to Fantasy games.

Caring about our own creations is being assholes.

T.Corporate scum

Wasn't this the plot to some podracing anime? I remember it being on Cartoon Network when I was 13.

Is it sad that after more than five years, I can still recognise that OP is the guy who started the whole 'superior limb based combat' stuff? Over the years, he's gone from dickriding Tekken while calling Street Fighter anime fantasy bullshit, to talking about all the videogame designs he's never worked on, all of them some grimderp shit.

God bless you, OP, and your shit taste. You're a credit to this cesspit.

It was this one.

Yeah, I thought it was the same guy, the posting style is so similar. Its really funny how he still pretends to be in some sort of development team.

I like Cyberpunk too, but you don't admit that when adressing bait.

I was 18 when I first recall talking with this guy, about how his perfect game would be evocative of 'walking down a gritty, crime-ridden street in the rain with metal playing in your earphones as you stop for a greasy chinese takeaway'. The guy's obsessed. And I have clearly given him way too much of my brainspace over the years. I'm 26 now.

Also to my knowledge there aren't really any cyberpunk "themed" fighting games that I know of.

>top asshole man
shit doesnt even make sense man

I was so sorry to hear of your troubles that I thought a nice picture might cheer you up OP.

I call him 'Yoshimitsu' plz donut steel

they're both really gay ideas my man

>Psycho ciber ninja with thunder katana
>Psycho addict elf with gauntlent and poisons

The addict elve is not even similar to your ciberninja. Only the generic 'love to kill' in every edgy bad guy. They didnt steal your character, they replaced it with one of their own.