Mad Father on Steam

Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4occwhmZlw
sites.google.com/site/taiwanrpgplayer/category/arpg/rmvxp-page-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it even a game?

reviews say yes

Better than Sen's other game, Misao, in my opinion. I played the original years ago, it's a decent horror RPGMAKER game. It's worth the price right now, it's on sale. If you liked games like I or Witch's House then you might like this.

This shit was freeware, what does the steam version add to justify paying for it?
Yes

>Differences to the original free version:
>・Improved map tiles
>・Some of the art has been redrawn
>・Some of the unique elements have been changed.
>・Improved playability (1. If you stand next to an event, a question mark bubble will appear above the character. 2. Items will glitter to make them easier to spot.)
>・New events (1. Ines’ past revealed. 2. New dialogue.)
>・Some gems have been relocated.
>・ATE mini games have changed from rapid input to command input.
>・Some changes to the game’s music (1. New music inside the mansion. 2. Second floor basement music is changed.)

Misao was great man, leave her alone.

Played it, I enjoyed it a lot, price is ok since I don't mind supporting indie devs that actually make good stuff, that and I got like 50% of my money back by selling the cards the day it came out.

It's okay. But I find games like The Witch's House and Ib better. I really liked The Sandman too.

Shit ending

What's with formerly free RPG Maker games being sold at Steam now? I've seen this happen to LiEat too. Are valvedrones really this retarded?

It's an okay game that's completely ruined by its ending.

>RPGMAKER game

So it's not worth paying for. Thanks.

>game is called "Mad Father"
>get upset that the father is, in fact, mad

Anyone else looking forward to Hanged Man? Crooked Man, Sandman and Boogie Man were all pretty good.

TBM's voice acting was fucking garbage though, I hope they just scrap it for THM. The only VA worth a damn was the Boogie Man's. Keith was the worst, sounded like a 12-year-old doing a tough guy voice.

Another work of zoe?

it's an indie game that was meant to be free to play. if you view it as a commercial product the volume is just not there for the price tag but it's not bad.

The witch's house had the best twist ending.
Mad father was pretty lame; Misao was more fun.
Ib is the best horror RPG maker game.

Uh excuse me. It's a WOLF RPG Editor engine. Jeez.

it's your typical rpgmaker horror game, except youtubers shilled the fuck out of it a long time ago

you'll probably like it

all these opinions are correct

>all these normalfags

check out Eternal Senia, it shits over all of your shitty youtube bait games

AYAAAAAA

>Eternal Senia
Please explain why this is good.

Looks like generic anime game.

you'll just have to try it user, it's sadly not possible to explain it's greatness in a mere post on 4chin

it's free on Steam, check it out

>paying for a freeware game

That would require me to get a steam account, which I'm not gonna do unless it's really worth it.

Games are games. They arent easy to make regardless of origin. Aren't game maker, ue4, unity also free?

Ayaaa...

What's the gimmick? Does the heroine die in the end or something?

the gimmick is that it's actually a gameplay focused rpg maker game

also it only has bad endings, which is what the game is most known for

This bothers me a lot too, since it's a free game, you'd think the dev would actually bother to make it as widely available as possible and not confine it to that shitty store.

>also it only has bad endings

I figured. It has the artwork of a typical nakige.

>rpg maker
>uses default tileset

No.

There are other gameplay focused RPGMaker games user, it's hardly special in that regard.
What makes it so different from all the others?

No bad endings is tad bit of a turn off too.

well it's got a nice soundtrack and the characters are inspired by Ragnarok Online
youtube.com/watch?v=n4occwhmZlw

he was referring to the additional twist at the very end.

Somebody upload Eternal Senia to mega
I can only find an outdated version

That's pretty chill man.

Might just play it, but I don't really want to create a steam account for one game.

Thanks for the suggestion.

why

just get it on steam, it's free dude

same reason as

Wait, is this the actual creator of the game? Or is it some fag thinking they'll get some free bucks?

The dev is chinese and doesn't know too well how the west work beyond steam so he just put the game there and was done with it.
Getting the game without steam would require you to go through the chinese internet or just google it.

Is it possible for someone to open up a thread non-negatively and not call out shills?

What? That's not what was said, what I'm wondering if its the same fuckin' person.

>Is sure random jap dev here shilling his game?!

It gets really fucking stupid. I don't know why, but horror games always start off good and then just fumble as we reach the climax.

>IT poorfags make up excuses about why they can't afford a $5 game
>So poor they can't even afford to download FREE games from Steam

What, is everyone here Australian? Maybe one day you'll progress away from those shitty copper wires eh mate? Those telcos will probably ream you harder for it though, sure enough.

>IT poorfags make up excuses about why they can't afford a $5 game
No one said they can't afford it man, just that it probably wasn't worth it.

>So poor they can't even afford to download FREE games from Steam
That doesn't even make any sense.

>What, is everyone here Australian?
Maybe.

>Maybe one day you'll progress away from those shitty copper wires eh mate?
Unlikely.

>that game

DONT DO IT ITS A TRAP, UNLESS YOU LIKE DEPRESSION

I assume he means something like >being so poor you can't even afford to download free games as Australians have over priced Internet with data caps.

Too late, already downloaded.

Am I going to cry?

>where do you think we are

you'll feel things you didn't know you were still capable of feeling

now go

>being so poor you can't even afford to download free games as Australians have over priced Internet with data caps.
Ah right, that makes sense.

not everybody uses Steam, retard.

>try making some rpg maker stuff for a while
>enjoy rpg maker games significantly less because of it
fug

sites.google.com/site/taiwanrpgplayer/category/arpg/rmvxp-page-1

there's your DDL for Eternal Senia

Dammit man, I'm already sad and I've only just beaten the tutorial.