I feel like this game is trying too hard to be "the internet: the video game."

I feel like this game is trying too hard to be "the internet: the video game."
I bet they would even have a death grips song in it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xbCWYm7B_B4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mr. Robot is literally the greatest show ever on television. You cannot prove me wrong. Also you're fucking retarded if you disagree.

Watch Dogs is a product of pic related

are you 5

No argument. Disagree with me, literally a retard.

Everything about this image disgusts me
>generic weapon stats
>Le Epic Meme
>guns cost $99,900

Sadly this, any attempts at being ironic should be sorely reminded that it's actually failing at its calculated appeal.

Would buy at 30% price to fuck around with idiots though.

Ubisoft is just a publisher who is way behind the times. Quite honestly they were at their peak when Jade and her games were being released .

Ubisoft still doesn't know if they want to be French EA or French Rockstar.

I bet you there will be a line from the protag when stealing a car
"Don't mind me just downloading this car!"
Or something like
"I WOULD download a car"
Nah that's even giving them too much credit.

canceling all debt would be nice....

It's a good show but I disagree about it being the best. The hacking they do in the show is very fake and with exception to Elliot, the characters are very unrealistic. I bet kids like you think that's how hacking works in real life and we all join secret clubhouses to fight the man.

DIDN

I've been thinking about starting this show. At first, I had a huge diversion to it, due to the trailers making it seem like it was a try hard plebian LE HACKERZ drama that would be lost to the sands of time and cancelled first season, but I've heard enough positive things from people I respect the opinion of.

Is it worth actually looking into?

Not the guy you were replying to but.
>The hacking they do in the show is very fake
Is that a bad thing?
Do you think the masses would be interested in a show which documents "real hacking"? That would be boring as fuck. I think the show finds a balance between reality and fantasy.

Only watched S1 though.

Dear
Mother
Of
God
This game is going to be a literal meme fest, isn't it?
You know what's worse than an outdated meme? A cheap imitation of an outdated meme.

It's kind of a bad thing because now the masses will think that's how hacking is done in real life.

You have literally nothing to lose but time, but yes, I would recommend it. I was fucking shocked to find out that it aired on USA (I pirated it after S1 was over) because it's much edgier and better writing than I'd expect. I haven't seen S2 though. Also, Rami Malek is vidya related because he was in Until Dawn.

I don't even understand. I mean, I get it's a bastardization of that awful Advice Dog maymay and the epic trollface, but the text makes no fucking sense.

Do you watch CSI and think policemen operate that way? Or any tv show/movie that portrays the "daily life" of any job.
If anything, it would attract the masses to hacking/computers, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The text is cut off. You're likely still right, even with the full image, it still won't be funny/interesting/relevant.

I would be on board if this was satire or even remotely self aware. But no, this is literally a boardroom of suits making a cringey game because they think they know the young people. Also the hack the planet/fight the establishment thing kinda falls flat when your stealing cars and killing innocents like GTA

It's what happens when old people try to be hip and "with it."

We Wuz Hackaz: The Game.

first season had some pretty big moments, some episodes are tedious as fuck tho, co-protag sucks dicks and really hurts the series as a hole due to how shit her plot/acting is, shit gets all retarded when they go full fight club mode (wich is dragged into the second season), all in all first season is actually good, stopped watching after second season got too edgy for me

>wanting the masses to get into "hacking"

Great, more ddos attacks on gaming services and le twitter account jackings thanks to the new skids in town.

This. There is honest potential in this. But why the memes? Why? Is there an actual team at Ubisoft who did some sort of market study for motherfucking memes?

>"Don't mind me just downloading this car!"
Not gonna lie, that actually made me chuckle

Memetology will be a burgeoning field of science. Better hop on that hot meme dollar as memes become weaponized.

>Companies hire more IT professionals.
>IT professionals breeze through that shit since skids have very limited knowledge.
How is easy $$ bad?
Also, it could potentially help people find their passion, not everyone would go down the asshole route.

The world will end, not with a bang but with a meme.

You're not supposed to get into hacking after watching a tv show. You'll never make it far like that because it's probably not your actual passion.

>R.I.P.
not
>rip
are they even trying

At least they are having trump as the main villain.

So we all agree that this will flop terribly, right? I honestly can't fathom this game succeeding without it suddenly pulling the rug from under you and it turns out to actually be some sort of over the top parody.

>tfw at the psychology convention in aspen
On those slopes, I've never seen so many freudians slip.

How are you supposed to get into hacking/computers then? It's a kinda obscure world.
You know, there are a fuckton of people who decide they wanna study computer science / computer engineering just because they enjoyed playing videogames when they were kids and wanted to make them.
A lot of them succeed m8 what's the problem?

tbch mr robot has the most realistic hacking in any media right now
which isn't to say "this is exactly how hacking works" but it's a hell of a lot more realistic than "ZOOM IN ON THAT SCREW, I CAN SEE THE KILLER'S REFLECTION. ENHANCE. ENHANCE FURTHER!"
like you're acting like it's this shit right here youtube.com/watch?v=xbCWYm7B_B4
(which is a joke about how bad NCIS is)

spencer's: the game

It'll probably break even at best, maybe be a little in the red. Ubi will advertise the shit out of it and enough normies will buy it.

haha

What's the difference between Spencer's and Hot Topic?

does hot topic have dildos?

Your brain understands that hacking means to break into other systems. If you're passionate about it, then you start off by searching hacking tutorials. How many people have googled "How do I hack?" and how many of them continued reading, only to realize how complicated it can be?

Some of them do, yes.

Hot Topic is aimed more toward edgy teenagers that hate their parents and Spencer's is aimed more toward angsty people in their 20's

Are you allowed to see if they fit?

I've never really understood how video game companies of all companies manage to completely fuck up the most basic aspects of their target market, when 99% of the people involved in making the game are part of the culture that they're aiming for.

Surely people in the dev team know the basics of an advice dog image macro, or what a "meme" is and how they're used and such. Why don't the producers listen to them? What decision making method are they using that leads to them ignoring the people who know what they're talking about? Surely even focus groups know how memes work, and that they're getting them wrong.

>those fucking gaps in the grips

Oh, you think

Does anybody prints out memes?

get yourself a skirt and a wig and just go at it in the dressing room

>trying really hard to not hate it because I actually like the gameplay part
>doing it gets harder overtime
Stop with the fucking memes and niggers, what's your god damn problem. Just give me WD1 that's more cyberpunk and sucks less.

I want you all to fully understand something. People were paid, probably quite handsomely, to make ripoff memes.
I like to imagine some poor designer who has been told he needs to make 20 meme posters by Friday. As he stares with disgust at the know you meme website, he hears his coworkers laughing hysterically, with that high pitch laugh these people always have, at some of their newest meme posters or some joke in the script, most definitely relating to a meme.
From what I've seen of this game, I can tell that at least one person on the team knows what they are doing. The rest are making memes.

that doesn't make it the best show on television
its just a cut above shit tier television shows like grey's anatomy and quantico

Fair enough m8, I understand what you mean since I used to think that about Mathematics but I feel like I just had a pedantic attitude.

>People still buy Ubisoft product when they continue to pump out shit
Why.

Same here. I like the non-meme related artstyle and the gameplay seems fun.
But holy fuck they are not making it easy to even try to defend this freak of nature.

>Game is realeased
>Is a massive disappointment
>Had scandals surrounding it for trying to scam us out of the graphics we were promised
>Real graphics found hidden in game files
>The game is claimed as shit and people dont even talk about it or play it
>People are excited for a sequel and "CAN'T WAIT" for Watch_Dogs 2
>Company will literally just take advantage of you again
>People already expecting downgrades and disappoiintments
>Everyones still hyped still one of the most anticipated games, everyones excited, all of Cred Forums wants it and so much more

I seriously, really fucking hate gamers. It's because of you fucking mindless sheep that we haven't had a game that's been highly influential and broke new ground in over a decade because you guys keep letting companies fuck you over and over and over and over and over again. You guys earned it, you deserve it. You ruined the concept of video games and it's gonna continue to be permanently fucked because of you sheeple

Nobody should want this game,.

I hit my Ubisoft overload at Assassin's Creed Revelations. That's when I decided that I couldn't be fucked with them any more. Bought AC3 on major discount and black flag after all the love it got (don't regret that, great game), but other than that it takes me a lot to even consider getting a ubisoft game now.

Also I say you-bee-soft I refuse to say oo-bee-soft

speaking of which, how the fuck did quantico get a second season

i tried to like it because i'm a huge fan of Priyanka Chopra but the show was just SO STUPID

Have you read this thread? Who here is actually defending this piece of shit? Hell, of all the Watch Dogs 2 threads there have been, I can't remember a single person saying something positive without having to add a massive asterisk noting that it's mostly wishful thinking.

you're yelling at an argument that no one here is making

I legitimately enjoyed the first game. The gameplay was basically GTA with a unique layer over it with the environment control. I had a lot of fun.

The story was eh. It was a revenge story with some nice presentation in places but never grabbed me.

If 2 is basically more of the gameplay but the story is full of absolutely fucking stupid memes then sign me the fuck up. Awful and over the top memes is way funnier than it has any fucking right to be.

I want there to be a mission where you make a trollface in the skyline using city lights.
I want there to be Pepe graffiti on a bunch of walls.
I want someone to specifically say cringey ass fucking memes like "forever alone".

Also Wrench is adorable.

I don't think he's talking about you. He's talking about the mainstream consumers I guess.

OH SHIT!!!!

>Also Wrench is adorable.
in a fictional context only
in real life he'd be like that annoying kid in highschool that would constantly spew memes and inappropriate jokes because he thought he was being funny and that people would like him

when in reality he's just an annoying piece of shit you can't wait to ditch on the way home

>implying the otherone wasn't meme filled

>tripfag normies are target audience
lmao'ing

Is that a joke about Deadmau5 and BJ Blazkowicz?
Why? What's even the relation? Where's the joke?

Pre-ordered
Gonna be a great game
Hyped boys

It`s not even a game.

The memes were more of a side thing in 1. 1 was about Aiden and was basically a detective revenge story set in the internet age. The meme heavy aspects were side things like Dedsec and Defalt.

2 is actually focusing hard on internet and meme culture.

I think it's a joke of "Professional hacker known as Cred Forums"

I'm not claiming the first Watch_Dogs is a good game, but even then it's slightly depressing seeing the morally dubious hacker just trying to avenge the death of his niece turn into 9gag Man.

Game looks fun but just covered in annoying reddit meme shit.

WE

JUST

What do you think the ending of this game will be?

Hard mode nothing involving San Francisco getting destroyed

Full on Memewar.

The guy with the glasses will become Monsoon thats why he couldnt shut up about memes

WE WUZ HACKAS gets corrupted by the memes and turns into a giant Reddit mascot, Aiden comes out of nowhere and saves the day.

You kill evil Trump and his followers and everybody is happy again in the land of no racism.

>A cheap imitation of an outdated meme
What did she meme by this?

For some time now I was saying that I would like to see open source GTA clone, but now that I watched some of WD2 footage, I realised that what I want to see is much closer to WD / WD2 clone than GTA clone.

Would you play a game that was still set in satirical world but was more grounded in reality (read: less wizard haxor powers) and had story with a bit less "muh privacy" and a bit more issues that free and open source software community is facing.
would you support it's development with crowdfounding?

>evil Trump
so basically just Trump?

first season is decent, then it gets real tryhard real fucking fast. Quirky framing, cringy and edgy dialoge and a massive misrepresentation of hackers as some sort of international illuminati triad gangs. It's quite obvious that it's written by people who have less knowledge about hacking than the average Cred Forums tard, despite having had obvious IT consultation on the production.

All of that is in the first season, but done with some restraint.

They lost me when they had the "bad guy" pay a homeless person to let him beat him up as in the writers realising that their bad guy wasnt quite unlikeable enough, trying to make him into a Joffrey character

He's not evil, just a bit of a mong with no tact who's used to his words not being legally binding and affecting more than himself.

It's like everything he wants could be worded much better and then it would be bullet proof.

>I feel like this game is trying too hard to be "SJW: the video game."
Fixed

The sad thing is that the game could be okay parody of the stupid internet culture.
But with Ubisoft and the BLM garbage, they will play everything completely straight.

I see the SJW and muh diversity aspect of it, but more than that, it is going to be Fellow Kids: The Video Game.
Feels too committee designed.

i work as tech support and normies and lardasses there make memes out of themselves or print something from 9gag and put it on the desk

Hot topic is for fake mall goth teens
Spencer's is for dildos and dude bro pot heads

>massive misrepresentation of hackers
Like how Breaking Bad is a massive misrepresentation of chemistry teachers? It's fiction, you retard

uhh.....

The fuck is wrong with his feet?

One hacked the fucking LARGE HADRON COLLIDER
and the other can hack... Cellphones