youtube.com/watch?v=37FEjtBI88g
youtube.com/watch?v=uy-4NntVy_4
youtube.com/watch?v=UaJiPpLzbNg
youtube.com/watch?v=KHlUhY4bXzI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60
youtube.com/watch?v=3PvmcYdehp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you beat zico op?

To think there won't be any Wipeout on PS4...
Oh but yeah, the joke that is GT is still running.

Formula Fusion or Redout?

>tfw you can just barely get up to zone 51 at most

Redout.

PS3 Yellow Lighted to death and then toaster with all my backup saves killed itself
someday I'll restart HD + Fury
I was Mirage for the longest time

Extreme G is better series.

Bforfree

Nigga I got well past Zone 100 on that easy track with the raised section

The key is analog control, analog air brakes and a music track that is empty to get rid of the synthesiser flashing.

>mfw getting to zone 60+
>mfw that fucking low health alarm

>Have to crawl for 15 minutes before the fun starts

youtube.com/watch?v=37FEjtBI88g
>7 seconds to mach 1
>top is over mach fucking 2

That doesn't look fun. Looks like you'd have to memorize every inch of a track not to crashon anything,

Does that game have any movement factors beyond acceleration and strafing?

>got past Mach 1
>still cheated for the Zone 75 trophy when that was possible
>got 30.84 on Anulpha Pass trying to beat Zico
>said fuck it and got my Platinum trophy the other week
No regrets, fuck these two retarded trophies.

This reminds me I need to finish the online campaign on 2048. But fuck that game.

>Looks like you'd have to memorize every inch of a track not to crashon anything,
Literally Wipeout.

You can detach form the maglev into a free float with fps controls but that makes you rapidly lose speed.
On easy mode you pick bonuses in the middle of the track by "jumping" through them in one click. On hard you detach, float through them and position yourself to reattach, all that trying to not lose much speed and not collide with walls.

OH FUCK THOSE MUSIC FLASHBACKS

> youtube.com/watch?v=uy-4NntVy_4
> Infinity Mode
good times

best ive done is 19.01 seconds on vineta k phantom

I cant seem to land the harder to hit barrel rolls
I know the idea behind executing them, I just cant

Both are poor man's wipeout

Don't be ridiculous, at least you can clearly see turns in WipEout. The tracks aren't all tubes that extend into infinity and give you tunnel vision.

Huh, well that adds a pretty cool dimension to it.

You don't need to know when turns happen in Ballistics, it's all straight maglev tube. Except for certain areas on hard mode.
You do need to react to big red spikes of death tho, and sometimes you have literally 1-2 frames from viibility to collision.

>1-2 frames from viibility to collision.
Sounds great for reaction time training, but sounds excessively fast. I don't think the average player would have the patience to master it after numerous tries.

Who cares about the average player though?

I guess. But still, personally, going fast stops being fun when you can't tell what's happening in your screen anymore. You'd have to be some hyper asian to dodge shit at the speeds Ballistics let you go.

I did though. I got to 117.

Redout. Formula Fusion isn't out until a year and it's not really looking that much fun.

>poor man's Wipeout
>Costs money
Naw, man. This is a poor man's Wipeout.

average 2001 players did.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaJiPpLzbNg
0:22 bonus pickup by detaching (hard mode)

>Just abuses a glitch and clips through 3/4s of the track instead of racing through it
People call this skill? People think this is fun? No wonder it's freeware.

I just finished 50% of Wipeout 2048's online campaign but it crashed back to dashboard. The problem is this game is utterly broken and shit so your progress may be wiped to zero if the servers are having connection issues while you attempt to login, which it is 99% of the time. I'M LITERALLY SHAKING.

Yeah, it is. Finding out where and how you can clip through shit is surprisingly fun. It's not quite as simple as you'd think.
It was definitely intentional though, so it's not a glitch. Hell, you even get an achievement for skipping through a couple of buildings at a specific point.

Poor man's, as in, it's trash compared to wipeout.

What is your favorite regular map to do zone mode in?

Moa Therma for me. Highest I've gotten is only 52, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHlUhY4bXzI

how do you even do the online campaign when nobody is online

Ubermall, baby. Not being able to leave the ground makes it play very differently, and I appreciate that challenge.

It's relatively "dead" but it's actually people having connection issues because the game is just that atrocious, that or idle until yuropoor comes on. I just finished playing with a bunch of folks coming in and out of this 4-7 man lobby.

The only option for me is Syncopia because it's just a modest circuit with very minor corners if you can even call them corners.

Why is it that this game from 2008 looks better than anything else on the PS3 and a good part of the PS4's library as well? I know it's a racing game and they generally look good, but what the fuck? It's almost ten years old now.

the game looks so fuckin good

Best track. Though, I can never get that sick fucking jump after the first turn.

I BBRIIIIIIIIIIING THE FEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mauV2NdCs60

I really wish we could revive Wipeout HD Fury. It'd be so great to play that shit with you faggots again, before the game goes offline forever.
Wipeout Weekend has a nice ring to it, but I don't think there are nearly enough people to really warrant a try.

Any other games that lift you to a higher state of concentration and consciousness?

Anyone ever think about emulating classic games at higher than normal speed?

Where my AGbros at? inb4 weeb

When did they say they'd shut it down?

They haven't. Not yet. But, everything must come to an end. They're not going to keep the servers up that much longer I imagine.

>dem 2008 lighting and art direction

For those who don't know, M.I.S.T is short for Marcus Intalex & ST Files, two drum & bass producers.

why the fuck th fury ships habe to be so goddamn ugly, shit they dont even have a inch of wear
those are fucking toys i tell ya

Anything that features a continuous linear state of progression constantly falling out of the line of intention without retention of a constant effort to stay on course.

Most obviously racing games but you can get a flow going with almost anything once you have practiced intensely enough,

>tfw out of a PS3 since 2013 and planning on getting one before 2017

I hope they hold out that long.

In universe they are new ships, so they look like new ships. Would've been nice to have a dirty looking livery though.

Am I a faggot for wanting one of these? I know vidya clothing is retarded but it genuinely looks good.

Isn't that what the classic models are for?

What classic models? You mean the HD ships? No, they have different stats, and existed in the game before the Fury expansion.

fury ships are better on stats
witch sucks back when there was an online scene everyone who rolled a hd ship got crushed relatibly easy

still they look like actual toys, hd ships are somewhat grounded in looks
fury are just planks of steel bolted toghether into a shape

BallisticNG

>implying you would even need another game outside of the offical wipeout franchise when BNG exists

Casuals itt

They actually look like actual competition crafts though. The used dirty looking ships makes no sense especially when the rest of the world is completely and utterly clean.

Have you even played ag games before?

Cpm

I get the same feeling from surf maps, but that may just be me.

I like sebenco climb it gives feisar a purpose for existing.

>he need Feisar to clear the Climb
lmao

>The used dirty looking ships makes no sense
Actually they do the Fury crafts are new experimental ships that were build to test tech for the next season. The HD ships are dirty becouse they are the last surviving models put together for the final races of the ending season. Apparently the teams don't care about old ships when they have new toys.

>syncopia
easy mode

forget highest I went but it was in the 140s, I often crashed past zone 104 though (for some reason, OFTEN exactly on 104), even when I pickup the game after a year of not playing I still make it to zone 75+ on first try on syncopia.

this, wew lads

FF/Redout play nothing like the original wipeout games/wipeout pure and suck massive schlong, both cost absurd amounts of $$

BallisticNG is basically complete at this point and is free and partially open-source (builds without multiplayer are open-source, builds with multiplayer are closed-source so people don't cheat).

It's a shame there is not daytona/indie like track just to test max speed in the zone for those that aren't skilled enough to reach 150 and beyond.

>that first time you hit Mach 1

>he doesn't have both wipeout plats

>1 week
Bullfuckingshit.

that's two weeks retard, like 1 day off

recall I had something like 50 hours played when I got the plat

I did keep playing up to like 300 hours after that though

>analog air brakes
y tho?

>First time reaching Zen

that's how I played as well, and I'm

shame couldn't have analog air brakes on vita

>when you achieve total scrotal control and one 75 is casually reached

it's because it has very little stuff to display, and even tho the art direction and lighting and shapes and designs make it look really good, there actually are very little details
1080p @ 60fps is so good still
I agree

who /AG/ here anyway?

>WipEout 2048
>playing WipEout a 30fps

quirex all the way, tovarich

While it had some glaring flaws (lack of racebox mode, 30fps, etc..), I ended up liking it better than HD. Campaign was especially more motivating to do, had more of a sense of a progression.

There is precisely ONE, 60fps wipeout game and it's HD along with it's expansion. Not much to chose from.

>Wipeout Weekend
I'd be very up for it

seriously tho, what is the advantage of setting the air brakes to the analog triggers?

Is that Fast Racing Neo game comparable to Wipeout?

RIP Liverpool

I'm attempting 2048 platinum in 2016 so that's like Ultra-Violence difficulty.

I don't know about you but some of the best Wipeout games are 30 fps and 25 fps.

it was already pretty bad back in 2013 (was already old by then), almost the only people online were crazy japs. Thankfully I was still winning races and didn't need to rely on elimination luck too much.

I imagine it's dead as fuck now though.

Reaching zone 75 or whatever it required was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life. But I made it. If I can do it anyone can.

If only I could document my journey. I'd be playing right now but it's a coin toss whether I'd lose my online save game if I attempt to login.

the psp wipeouts are fantastic and they run at 60fps

pressure to trim them turns better

>tfw never 100% as fast as possible, resulting in strangely long-looking trophy times on any game

Only if you overclock the system with cfw, even then they run 30 ONLY on a psp1000

Get BallisticNG.

>get plat in just 2 days, one of your fastest
>but booted the game once just to test out your vita months ago and got a trophy for starting the game

>Hit zone 75
>This comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=3PvmcYdehp4

page 10 save rave

FEISAR IS FAIR

SEBENCO CLIMB BEST TRACK

Sebenco reverse phantom is GOAT

>tfw doing perfect turns with Assegai and finishing up by boosting right off the ramp at the top
>Barrel roll
>Land right back into the tunnel
>1st place

What music is that being played in the background?

subsonic
thats faster then super sonic im fairly certain
and I did make it there

Redout is good, anyone saying anything otherwise is shit. It's a not anything close to a wipeout game though, so don't be expecting it.
BnG is the best there is right now.

3 AG-Sys is the best, I hate how 1, 2097, and the games after it have return to the "less babby feisar"

no, its not comparable to either PS1 wipeout or modern. It's like a slightly dumbed down f-zero.

that's pretty smooth

It's alright. I can't say if it is a wipeout clone or not.