Why is she so adorable?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009554
amazon.com/Acer-B296CL-29-Inch-Widescreen-ErgoStand/dp/B00E26IRA8
youtube.com/watch?v=eR1dpI9VzL0
yennefer-fan.tumblr.com/
gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1039
youtu.be/yaeit-y-urc?t=3s
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-06-ever-wondered-what-the-author-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games
youtu.be/HmbAIRgS9x8?t=3m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>talking with a stranger about Witcher franchise
>Me: "I picked Triss."
>Him: "So you've not red the books?"

I hate when people say that. I just wanted my ending to be more bittersweet, how Geralt and Yennefer are not destined to have each other.

So you didn't read the books, uh?

The stranger is retarded. Books and games diverged completely after Witcher 1. Witcher 1 still takes a lot from the books, after that, not so much. It's basically two different branching/pathway at this point, so who care?

You think she's better when drunk or sober?

She's not. She's a ditsy cunt.

Tfw I did read the books
Tfw I still picked Triss

Felt great, Yennefer can go fuck herself

Because she was designed to be

>how Geralt and Yennefer are not destined to have each other.
confirmed for having never read the books

So you literally didn't understand the books.
Ok.

Yeah, they fuck. So?

its because yennefer is a cunt

Understood the books perfectly, and decided to make my own choice in the game.
There is literally nothing wrong with that since as said before in this thread, the books and the games have tons of differences.

What happens to Triss in the books?

>Want to pick the hunchback because muh lore
>My dick twitches every time I look at Triss' fat titties

Ended up letting muh dick do the decision for me and I didn't expect that one part to punch me in the gut like it did.

The same what happens to Tauriel in The Hobbit book.

Well, in the last chapter she suddenly has the impression that everyone else thinks that she's a coward and then she overcomes that by killing a half a town full of peasants with a hailstorm. Yay character arcs!

The books aren't exactly great literature.

Triss was a huge bitch the entire time though.

I wonder why they even bothered to include her, other than to have her continue to be a Goddamn bitch for two games.

Because it was very obvious she was someone's waifu at CDProjekt.

She was the "obvious choice" in 1 and she also had Yennifer's personality for some reason, and then she kept showing up, becoming even bigger waifu bait.

GREENBACK BOOGIE!

She's got big titties.

Are TW1 extra episodes canon?

Underneath her Glamour she's a massive burn victim from using that meteor spell thing that you see in 2.Also she has little to no morals and is a bitch to Geralt when she doesn't need him.

just opened this thread to see this
thanks user
my soul can rest in peace now

Who?

This.
She would also betray you as soon as another sorceress said so.

I dunno. Now that you mention it, what is her point in the entirety of witcher things? It's not even a love triangle in the books. Hell, even to Ciri she's completely redundant, since Yennefer already provides her with family.
I guess she's there to make you choose Shani in Witcher 1.

Exactly

That's interesting because i felt like she was a manipulative back stabbing bitch in witcher 1.

>guess she's there to make you choose Shani in Witcher 1.
it worked.

>tfw don't care about the books and will never read them
>happily picked clear best choice within the games

I really didn't like Yennefer in the books. "Fate" crap is stupid, doesn't mean anything in real life and shouldn't in video games. Triss actually reminded me of most Polish girls, plus she's a hot redhead. Easy choice.

>pick Shani
>she immediately becomes a cunt

>how dare you give this kid I like into the care of people that can stop him from involuntarily blowing up half the city

>fun and pleasant to be around
>caring personality, devotes herself to fighting for others
>adorable heart-melting smile and freckles
>best body
>redhead

Yenfags and bookfags really are the worst.

>Yen

Shani acts like a cunt to Geralt if you let Alvin stay with her, or I did something wrong.

>TW3 looks exactly like a Polish girl I used to work with
>two years after I stopped working there, realise she was flirting with me

>bossy, all business, rarely shows any sense of humor
>selfishly pursues her own ends and doesn't care about impact on other people
>depressing all black goth look reflecting her grim personality
>can't compete with Triss in looks in any department

b-but the books ...

>Shani acts like a cunt to Geralt if you let Alvin stay with her, or I did something wrong.
If you pick her the first time, she acts like a cunt no matter how you choose with Alvin.
If you give him to Triss though, she acts like a doubleplus turbocunt and if I remember correctly, she outright drops you for it.

She was only a bitch in the first game which is why I went with Shani.

She gets way better in the second game for some reason and they STILL only mention Yennefer occasionally in dialogue. Witcher 3 Triss was like a whole new (actually likeable) character but somehow they managed to make Yennefer just as endearing in the games despite her only appearing in the last one.

She drops you for giving Alvin to Triss, but if she gets Alvin she just acts like a cunt and your relationship goes nowhere. Triss is the only choice.

I'd like to think that Triss was experiencing character development over the course of the games which is why she got nicer, but she was probably just someone's waifu.

>Yennefer
>endearing

>selfishly pursues her own ends and doesn't care about impact on other people
>these goals will always ultimately coincide with yours

>caring personality, devotes herself to fighting for others
>these others are usually sorceresses you care nothing about

So in other words, as long as you yourself are also a selfish cunt, Yen's perfect.

Agreed, in that case I guess you're made for each other.

Triss kinda looks like my ex

so i chose triss

:(

First playthrough, so I'm choosing Yen.

Triss is an irrelevant ditsy girl who has an eternal highschool girl mentality and spent half her "screentime" in the books shitting herself repeatedly.

If we're going to be waifufagging Witcher Essi Daven was cute and I was sad with what happened to her.

>ultrawide

I'm jelly, I don't even know why I went with 144hz over 1440p or an ultrawide and even though I can hold 90+ fps in most games including W3 with a setting or two turned down I still don't think it was worth it

It was honestly the best gaming decision I've made, though I can't say it was cheap. It was some guy on Cred Forums that first introduced me to the idea no less.

I was also worried at first 2560x1080 would be an awkward ultrawide resolution but no, it's perfect.

The only issues are that some old games which don't support a 21:9 resolution, but at the same time don't have the pillar box or borderless windowed mode function so you end up with a stretched full screen 16:9, but I've only encountered the latter part with the Ghostbusters game (it has 21:9 but some of the hud is cut off).

I've had a dual screen set up for years, and I've always been a little upset that there's like, one game that supported it. What screen do you have and how much space does it take up? I just got myself a new desk and I'm curious as to how a new monitor would change what I've got going.

Basically Yennefer did not support the Lodge and is about to embark on something very dangerous to save Ciri. The Lodge, led by Phillipa and including Triss, have two priorities for Ciri: 1) keep her the fuck away from Vilgefortz who would kill her, and do terrible things with her blood and 2) keep her the fuck away from Emhyr who would marry her, and force her to have his children. In order to facilitate these goals Phillipa will allow Yennefer (and Geralt) to die so that Ciri can be manipulated. Triss is more motivated by helping Ciri, but ultimately stands beside Phillipa. Triss then follows in Yennefer's footsteps to find her and Ciri, but it is not made clear in book 4 if she is reporting back to Phillipa or not.

I have not read book 5, is there anything else?

wut

Triss saves Geralt from his wounds at Thanedd, and actually has a huge thing for him but keeps her distance because of Yennefer. Triss is basically in love with Geralt and is heartbroken that Geralt doesn't feel the same.

i prefer the triss with braces from the gwent promo art

Their plan for keeping her away from Vilgefortz and Emhyr was to have her become Tancred Thyssen's mistress. Getting Geralt and Yennefer out of the way was secondary to that.

That Hailstorm was accidental. Wasn't she trying for some thunderstorm spell, and fumbled over her words? If I recall rightly, that Hailstorm then became attributed to being a spell she specifically made.

>how Geralt and Yennefer are not destined to have each other.

But that's literally the point of the books.

Yennefer tries to mind control Geralt, only gets him because of the wish she tells him to make (how... convenient) and keeps reading his mind all the fucking time to make sure he doesn't know any other women exist because she's such a batshit controlling psycho. Also she wants to force him to settle down and have kids.

She treats him like shit but he has to keep going back because of the wish.

At least in the last game you can undo the wish. The look on her face when you tell her she can fuck right off is just priceless.

Red hair, nice face, excellent body. Learns from her mistakes and treats people like people rather than being worth less than something icky she stepped in. Cares about but does not want to control Geralt.

Too much depth and warmth.

Why is Ciri such a slut?

Yep, and also it was both Triss and Yennefer casting. The mob was throwing rocks at them, so they fumbled their words and the spell became a hailstorm that was good enough for dispersing the mob.

No, the point is that Ciri fixes their shitty relationship. She brings them together at Thanedd, and ends up with Ciri taking them to Isle of Avalon to live happily ever after.

>Yennefer tries to mind control Geralt, only gets him because of the wish she tells him to make

Which book did this happen in? I need to re-read that bit.

Every time we have this Triss and Yen discussion I always feel like the Triss side forgets something about Geralt. We're not Geralt.

If we were Geralt we would pick Yen; in fact, he has already picked her. So you should kinda pick her.

If I were Geralt, I would pick Triss; I'd actually pick Shani. But I'm not Geralt, I just kinda nudge him in the direction that makes the most sense for him, which is Yen. And Shani flagrantly tells you with the purest of logic that she's not a good choice. That's the whole basis of this discussion. The reason why you revert to the authority of the books because THAT is what it is supposed to be; and the reason why anybody would pick Triss is because that's probably who you would pick. Geralt certainly wouldn't pick neither either.

I find that the whole freedom of choice thing sometimes goes too far. We're not given a blank slate like the Nameless One. We're given Geralt. And while we sometimes take Geralt off the rails for the sake of earning some gold or exp i.e. playing the game, we kinda gotta do what is right for Geralt when the time comes.

Because if you don't do right by Geralt, Ciri fucking dies. And I'm pretty sure he didn't slaughter his way through the country to let Ciri die.

Then again the books take things in a separate sort of way from the game. But it doesn't change the Yen decision.

Yes, yennefer becomes my wife

They want to set Ciri up with the Koviri prince, as that would be the biggest "fuck you" possible to Nilfgaard, but there is dissent at the idea of forcing her. Even Phillipa says to Yennefer:

>‘We will find and rescue the girl without your help. And if you succeed, that's fine, a thousand thanks, because you will have saved us the trouble. You tear the girl out of the hands of Vilgefortz and we will be happy. And Geralt? Who cares about Geralt?’

Which implies to me that they don't really care about Yennefer or Geralt, as long as Ciri does not fall to Vilgefortz.

she has a terrible voice actor

Pretty much, when I play Geralt I try to make the choices he would, to form a cohesive story that extends the books.

>No, the point is that Ciri fixes their shitty relationship. She brings them together at Thanedd, and ends up with Ciri taking them to Isle of Avalon to live happily ever after.

She doesn't, though. She doesn't know what's happened between them and is influenced by her own (and Dandelion's) notions of romance between them rather than knowing it's a constant battle and Geralt always loses because the tie between them means he can't really turn Yen down on anything. The most he can ever do is leave.

There was some attraction between them in the short story where they meet but it's followed so quickly by the wish that there's no way to tell if anything beyond a one-night stand would have happened naturally. And everything after that is the result of the wish any way.

It's only "happily ever after" because Ciri leaves straight after that and the story ends. Certainly once they meet up in the games there's plenty of tension between the two.

And for all of Yen's bitching about "but you slept with Triss, waaah" she had her memory back for like three times longer than Geralt and could have easily contacted him before Assassins of Kings.

Short story compilation. The Last Wish, in the book of the same name.

It's hard to imagine anybody purposely sabotaging their relationship with Ciri.

Who the fuck would actually take the money from Emhyr? If someone actually did that I would question them as an actual person.

She only looks good in 2

As an RP matter, I wanted to tell him to shove the money up his ass.

But from a gamist perspective I was soerely tempted to take it. I didn't realise that Blood and Wine was basically Endless Money: The Map and was chronically short until I went out that way.

I find it ironic that TES and Fallout did away with item durability in their last games but the Witcher introduced it.

I have the Acer B296CL.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009554
amazon.com/Acer-B296CL-29-Inch-Widescreen-ErgoStand/dp/B00E26IRA8

I researched a lot of different brands and settled on this one because:

1. It was the best for its (fairly low) price. I live in Canada and we get price gouged with higher markups.

2. It can pivot and swivel in addition to being height adjustable without having to buy additional mounts.

Dell, LG and Acer itself had some competitive models I were looking into but in the end I wanted something more flexible and not curved. You will find monitors with specs listed as 'better' in terms of GTG response time but I think that's just a meme, at least as far as noncompetitive games are concerned.

But yea having used this monitor for around half a year now, I would honestly rate it 9/10. There's no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, etc.

In terms of playing the Witcher 3, I have noticed that under very specific weather effects or environments the game appears very dark. Some people have said this was due to the monitor but I am not entirely convinced. It could just as easily happen with other monitors since dynamic range is not a spec I see typically advertised for these types of monitors.

Also, be careful of pixel density. Some of the LG monitors look like they have perfect specs but if you end up getting one with lower than average pixel density your images will look very bad.

One last thing to note. 2560x1080 monitors are typically 29". 3440x1440 monitors are typically 34". For games that only support 16:9 aspect ratio, your respective resultant screen sizes will be 23" and 27". My original 16:9 monitor was only 23" anyway, so I did not experience less screen area for games that didn't support 21:9.

>people choosing a bitch who manipulated you
>people choosing a bitch who cucks you

Yenn and Triss are both bad choices. Geralt wouldn't stick to one person anyways, he's a fucking machine.

>There was some attraction between them in the short story where they meet

Are you referring to the story where Yennefer mind-controls Geralt to get him out of her way, and rampage through the town getting revenge on everyone who said a bad word about her?

>And for all of Yen's bitching about "but you slept with Triss, waaah" she had her memory back for like three times longer than Geralt and could have easily contacted him before Assassins of Kings.

Also Yennefer has that wizard on the go for like a year, and broke things up with him AND Geralt when Geralt caught her.

>Who the fuck would actually take the money from Emhyr?

I'm partly upset that they toned Emhyr down in the games, and I am partly upset that TW3 did not end with Geralt, Roche and Letho kicking his bedroom door down in the middle of the night and taking his fucking head.

i took the money. I felt it was strange to pass it up since I had squeezed every last coin out of the peasants.

underaged

I feel like book-Geralt would have possibly taken the money just to look as heartless and mercenary as possible.

>Short story compilation. The Last Wish, in the book of the same name.
Which if you'd read you'd know that GERALT is the one who makes the wish that binds her to him.

It's his own goddamn fault.

I hate her VA.

>takes advantage of man suffering from amnesia and seduces him
>even when she knows said man is HER BEST FRIEND'S LOVER
>she keeps trying even when he does remember everything and her best friend is around
>get drunk, or preted too, just to seduce Geralt yet again

I don't hate her or anything but holy shit Triss is such a fucking high school slut.
Nothing is sacred for that bitch.
Redheads really have no soul. She is still hotter than Yen though

>it's never the wymyn's fault grrrrrrrl power anita is my savior and i donate to her patreon!

>ven when she knows said man is HER BEST FRIEND'S LOVER
Like that matters. Yenn has cucked Geralt more times than the sun has risen. Despite this Yenn is extremely possesive of Geralt and gets super mad at Triss for fucking him in the books even though she has no problem fucking other guys right infront of him.

And if you'd read it, you'd know that Yennefer told him to wish that his destiny was bound to hers so she could banish the Djinn.

Checkmate, retard.

older games
competitive games
user

Actually no, she just told him to use up the wish so the djinn would be free and she could bind it to herself and become crazy strong.

Source on her telling him to use the wish so she can bind the Djinn; page 183, section 12.
>"So that's how it is," she hissed. "Congratulations. You deceived me. Not Dandelion, but you. That's why the Djinn's fighting so hard! But I haven't lost yet, Geralt! You underestimate me, and you underestimate my power. I've still got the Djinn and you in my hand. You've still got one last wish, haven't you? So make it. You'll free the Djinn and I'll bottle it."

Source on telling him to just use the wish, not really giving a shit what it's for.; page 184 of the Last Wish, section 14.
>"The wish Geralt! Hurry up! What do you desire? Immortality? Riches? Fame? Power? Might? Privileges? Hurry, we haven't any time!" He was silent. "Humanity," she said suddenly, smiling nastily. "I've guessed, haven't I? That's what you want; that's what you dream of! Of release, of the freedom to be who you want, not who you have to be. The Djinn will fulfill that wish Geralt. Just say it."

>youtube.com/watch?v=eR1dpI9VzL0
Look, there's nothing wrong about looking like a heartless douche. But here's the deal, Ciri was RIGHT there. You should have smelled something was wrong when he had the money right there ready for you. It was obviously a test. And you had to not look like an asshole in front of Ciri.

>kicking his bedroom door down
Oh god, I would have loved this. Like, if they did that stupid stinger thing they do in movies and have all these cutscenes interspersed throughout the credits. I wouldn't want Geralt there though, just Letho and Roche and Ves. Then after they kill him they just look at each other and we don't know whether they just kill one another after killing Emhyr. Or have Letho say, goodbye "spice trader" to Roche as they part ways as if Roche told him the story enroute.

I guess I should have just been happy that Roche showed up at all. I think of all the characters in the entire game he's my favorite. Geralt had several smartass lines in Witcher 3 but it wasn't as much as what Roche provided.

CDPR went all out in creating problems between Yen and Geralt to the point when it starts to conflict with the lore.
>everyone suddenly hates yen
>Ciri doesn't see her as her mother anymore and is pretty much indifferent to seeing her when she's almost closer to yen than geralt in the books
>the djinn spell suddenly works completely differently
>geralt apperantly hates mind reading even though it's the biggest reason why he can't have a meaningful relationship with a normal woman, since he can't express his emotions
>is a lot less sincere and more sarcastic

Triss on the other hand has received the opposite treatment. She's practically a disney princess in the games.
>burn scars covering her entire chest are gone
>hair has turned completely red when it was actually chestnut to appeal to people who like redheads
>is a lot more brave and competent
>everyone somehow ignores the fact that she has been using geralt and keeping information about Ciri and Yen from him and loves her

All that and Yen is still a better character and the correct romance option.

What a fucking cow.

>being this autistic

But Yen is a sloot.

>Ignoring her mind controlling him at the start
>Ignoring him saying "but if I use it it will kill you and let me go because it has to do that"

Kek.

Triss had a lesbian phase and is single and probably fucks around a lot. If it isn't pleasure, it's for good connections.

Yen is a Sloot while with Geralt though.

>Ignoring her mind controlling him at the start
Of which, by section 6 on page 168, he has snapped out of.
>Ignoring him saying "but if I use it it will kill you and let me go because it has to do that"
Yes, and? You're ignoring that Yennefer thought that wasn't an issue; she thought she could handle the Djinn on her own.

Section 8, page 179
>"I don't get it, but the scoundrel isn't weakening at all! I caught him once he'd fulfilled the troubadour's third wish and I should have him in the sphere by now. But he's not getting any weaker! Dammit, it looks as if hes getting stronger! But I'm still going to get the better of him. I'll break--"
>"You won't break him, Yennefer. He'll kill you."
>"It's not so easy to kill me--"
And again on 180.
>"You moron!" Yennefer yelled, trying to scratch out his eyes. "You bloody idiot! You stopped me! I nearly had him!"
>"You had shit-all!" he shouted back furious. "I saved your life, you stupid witch!"

And on page 183 where he explains your second point to her but she disregards it.
>"No, Yennefer, I can't. The Djinn might fulfill it, but it won't spare you. It'll kill you when it's free. It'll take its revenge on you. You won't manage to catch it and you won't manage to defend yourself against it. You're weakened; you can barely stand. You'll die, Yennefer."
>"That's my risk!" She shouted, enraged. "What's it to you what happens to me? Think rather what the Djinn can give you! You've still got one wish! You can ask what you like! Make use of it! Use it, witcher! You can have anything! Anything!"

>REEEEEEE

He shakes off being trapped in place. Not her mental compulsion.

>trapped in place
Incorrect. When she uses her mind magic in section 5, he wakes up in jail in section 6 and it recaps everything he did, which includes,
>punching a pawnbroker
>kicking said pawnbroker in the balls
>throwing his assistant out the window
>running around screaming about a lady's honor
>broke into Laurelnose's house & dragged him out while making a speech about how professional harlots are not whores
>spanked him
>beat the hell out of the guards
>went to beat up a priest but snapped out of it and fainted before he could get there
Pages 168 - 172.

Also are you going to stop memeing and actually debate or what?

>she had her memory back for like three times longer than Geralt and could have easily contacted him before Assassins of Kings
This is a plothole caused by the fact that Witcher 1 was never meant to be a serious continuation of the books story, just an adaptation of the world and characters.
They didn't want to reboot it with 2 though, and did an alright job at meshing everything together, but holes like these are formed instead.

She says she doesn't look for Geralt because he was with Triss, but W2 tells us that Geralt gave himself to Eredin in exchange for Yennefer. Yennefer was cured of her amnesia in weeks, by then Ciri might not have even rescued Geralt from the Hunt, let alone have him dating Triss. It's a shitty plothole caused by Witcher 1 plain and simple.

He's just shitposting. Don't waste any more effort m8.

Dude, here is a practical rule for you:

Never try to debate by writing walls of text to someone who doesn't even bother to write more than one sentence. If someone answers with 5 words, he don't deserve to get more than 10 in return.

why were the books so comfy?

these people are faggots
>game is an RPG where you can make your own choices

>HURR thats not canon!!

>trying to have a debate on Cred Forums
This place is shitposting central. You can't even get any information here by asking, you have to act like a retard and watch and see if shitposters take the bait. If they post smug images and memes, then you've got your answer.

Head over to Reddit. I'm serious. I don't mean that as an insult or anything like that. They are so much better than Cred Forums if you want to actually discuss shit it's amazing.

Can you name a single RPG where all choices were canon? It's impossible, devs must pick something to continue the story, unless they start backpedaling on purpose and pull something completely retarded like in Daggerfall

Actually some aspects of Witcher 3 have already been declared canon. The new comic is the first to be cowritten by CDPR. It makes the Witcheress ending canon, and a CDPR guy said that we should expect to see Yen in the later issues.

What are you even doing here, scum? Plebbit is only good for reading facts, because messages are not deleted there after a few hours. As an FAQ it's great, as a forum, you have to be the most boring, conformist, popular opinion spouting hypocrite to enjoy discussions on Reddit, or any other website with karma system in place.

I don't know, I wouldn't discourage that, I appreciate the effort even if the shitposter may not. It's one of the attributes that makes this place good. Yes, he's feeding the troll but he's not flaming, he's speaking truth. And I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding the troll if you're feeding it burning facts.

Even though I'm not a part of the conversation I'm glad someone is willing to put in the effort to clear the air.

People may shit on Cred Forums for being what it is, but people here are autistically dedicated to being right. And that in a way makes this place more useful because there is this desire for the truth. Because looking outside of Cred Forums all I see is people affected by marketing and professional disinformation tactics. I see how important it is to find out why some celebrity died of a drug overdose or how sick our politicians are but they don't give a single shit about advancing knowledge about how the world works.

It's gotten to the point where the Cred Forums method of delivering the facts has overtaken the falling standards of the media. At this point, I'd be pretty happy if someone dished out the facts prefaced by "listen up here faggot, this is how the economy works".

I feel like the marketing that goes on here will work on the morons that will be affected regardless of where they get it. But here, the marketers will never ever respond to someone who has the glaring facts about why some games have shit the bed and have forgotten everything good that came before it. I see that with Dark Souls especially.

And the system here is better?

It would probably have been more simple if they'd said Yen had only recently made it back, yeah.

I don't think it rises to the level of plot hole because there is a period where neither knew the other was back. Yen could have found out a lot more easily and quickly and contacted him a lot sooner though, so I assume she was either living it up in Emhyr's court or wanted some time away from Geralt.

>Also are you going to stop memeing and actually debate or what?

There's nothing to debate. You're deliberately ignoring the way that she made him feel for her at the start of the story, and which persists throughout, in favour of other things.

Probably because acknowledging that completely screws up your argument that she had no hold on him.

There is no system here. It's pure anarchy, which means shitposting is rampant unless someone bothers to swing it under the carpet.

>Can you name a single RPG where all choices were canon?

I think this is the approach they take with The Elder Scrolls, at least for certain games. But then they quickly paper it over with Dragon Breaks, CHIM, or whatever.

> like in Daggerfall

And that's better how?

Thanks a lot user, you were real helpful.

Because everyone gets a chance to voice an opinion. Both clever folk and retarded ones, it's freedom.

I am actually debating your original assertion that the wish to bind them together was Yennefer's idea, as you said in Specifically,
>And if you'd read it, you'd know that Yennefer told him to wish that his destiny was bound to hers so she could banish the Djinn.
When I believe I have demonstrated that, emotional manipulation or no, the wish to bind the two together was ultimately Geralt's idea.

Although I think it's rather safe to say we ended up trailing off.

fake? just up to the DLC's so dont know?

model swap

>he's speaking truth. And I don't think there's anything wrong with feeding the troll if you're feeding it burning facts.
>MMMMUUHHHHHH HEADCANON is now "truth" and "burning facts"

Fake.

There are mods that allow you to replace brothel workers with characters who had unique models (Triss, Yen, and Ciri being the most popular) then get the sex scene played out.

I like Shani, but a Triss is fine too.

I think it's just that she's English and has to do an American accent.

And Yen is a hunchback. Who gives af.

wtf
why does she have to do an American accent

The virginity emanating from this post though.

Literally perfect.

If you stripped away yen's magic, she would look the same. Triss would become a burn victim.

Except for that Yen would also look different. You know, with a hunch in her back, for example.

Because localisation said so.

It doesn't really make much sense. Major characters all have different accents to the NPCs that make up most of the game's population even when they're from the same place.

Take for example Emhyr and anyone else from Nilfgaard (except that one spy in that one quest, but spies kinda need to hide their accent, so...). Emhyr sounds like he does because he's CHARLES MOTHERFUCKING DANCE and you don't hire CHARLES MOTHERFUCKING DANCE to speak some asinine pseudo-Germanic accent, you hire him to be CHARLES MOTHERFUCKING DANCE and be all regal and British and shit.

Wasn't Yenn supposed to godawful fucking hideous in addition to being a hunchback?

Triss would have some minor burns above her cleavage. She's noted for being a sorceress who's completely shit at changing her form, with the implication being that she's either not changed at all or has made minor alterations to her looks. She's also very young.

Yen is over 100 and was born with deformities to the back and skull, which several decades of Yen's noted expertise in messing with the human form haven't completely corrected.

I've never played any Witcher game but I plan on getting into them soon. Can I just avoid romance and kill off all the waifus? I fucking hate waifu shit in my vidya.

>trissfags
every sorceress except for fringilla was ugly. The only way yen would become a hunchback now is if you physically twist her bones with magic, which could just as easily happen to triss.

>it's a trissfags vs yenfags thread
good. everyone's leaving shani for me.

Yup. Summarising her from The Last Wish:

-Left shoulder higher than right (hunch back)
-Long nose, thin lips, narrow chin
-Weird eyebrows
-Eyes unevenly spaced and sized with different heights

And this was after like eighty years of her improving her appearance with magic. Probably looked like Quasimodo before all that.

no, sapkowski made a general statement about sorceresses. Since they used to be ugly but are made beautiful with the use of magic. The result is almost pseudo beautiful women.

You can kill a couple of the NPCs you could also bang.

Not the major three (Shani, Triss, Yen) though. Just ones like Adda, Keira, and so on.

You also don't have to bang anyone at any point. I imported a save file where I hadn't slept with anyone from the first game to the second, didn't sleep with anyone in the second, and still had Yen going into a bitch fit about how I had cheated on her with Triss any way.

So I broke up with her and then banged Triss just to spite her.

Damn, you really should have picked Yen for the sake of your mental wellbeing

I would have done the same thing

>eighty years of her improving her appearance with magic
headcanon. Those traits were also so subtle only a witcher could notice them. The scene is supposed to show geralt immediate infatuation with yen. The reason why aren't given a similar scene about triss in the books is because geralt doesn't care about her.

No you can't, and I hate waifu shit as much as you.

both were permanently cured of their ailments

>yenfags have the highground
POTTERY

>headcanon.

No, straight up said in the books. Most sorceresses were ugly and unmarriable, so they got shipped off to do something else.

Then they have the power to shapechange and make themselves not ugly any more to feel better about themselves. Also because they mix in high society and looking dead sexy is an advantage.

was specifically referring to the 80 years of improving herself.

Why are bookfags so autistic?

>non bookfags will never experience W3 to the fullest

Post more Triss cosplay pls

Yens like 400 and triss is like 100.

>mfw yennfags are butthurt they made triss best girl

>There are "males" ITT that WOULDN'T pick the big titted redhead

Homosexual deviants, each and every one of you.

For shame.

The second game starts with you fucking triss dumbass.

Full combat rebalence when?
The current combat sucks and I want it to suck more

She's older than Geralt.

He's in his mid 80s or some shit when they meet.

Filthy secondary here. Are mages immortal? I mean if you slap them over the face with a mace they'll die, sure, but do they grow old (eventually) and get sick?

It starts with you in her tent. You can opt to bang her or not.

I was tempted to hit dat but got on with the game instead.

Too hard, or too easy?

fucking pleb. yen is 100 and triss is around 30.

i didn't know mods allowed underaged posters.

Too boring.
If the fight is a bit challenging, pop potions and decotions like a mad cunt and it's ez mode.
The fact that some boss fights are also ez is bullshit.
All of the wild hunt was childs play

Mages in the witcher universe are practically immortal as are witchers. Geralts similar aged to triss if I remember and vesimer is like 600?

Eventually get old and die yes, but not for a long-ass time. They're more likely to die of other things than age.

They can get sick but magic can cure pretty much everything. The only real exception to that was the Catriona Plague (aka Black Death) but Keira Metz eventually magics up a cure for that if you keep her alive.

For shame faggot, for shame.. You make god weep with your disgusting degeneracy.

Triss is about 60, not 30.

Yen is just a little over 100, 102 I think
Triss and Keira are the two youngest sorceresses in the Lodge, I'd say anywhere between 30-70 is a good guess for either of them.

The books don't give any indication at all to Geralt's age, only that he's older than Lambert and younger than Yennefer. Going by Witcher 3 which says Geralt is near a century old then 70s/80s makes sense for when he met Yennefer.

Mages can completely halt their aging by drinking a potion. Witcher mutagens greatly slow the aging process. Hen Gedymdeith was about 500 years old during Thanedd Coup, and Tissaia de Vries was only a bit younger than him.

Vesemir is about 300 years old.

Not so fast, slick

literal perfection

They're not 100% immortal, the books mention one mage who was one of the first. He's around 1000 years old and looks to die at a strong wind

she's around 30 in the beginning of the books

Where is the porn?

The beginning of the books are 20-25 years before the game

Good God almighty Triss has some big tits

>completely ignoring the ballads by dandelion
triss can't even stalk correctly.

>magicsgone.jpg

>falling for dandelion's shit

Sapkowski messed up some timeline events. Sometimes he suggests Geralt is like 200 and Vesemir is 600, other times it's implied Geralt's getting on to 100 and Vesemir is a bit more than twice that age. Maybe 300 or so.

The latter option makes more sense and is what the games have gone with. IDK if Sapkowski has clarified though.

You can upscale enemies to your level or download mods that boost them.

I found Death March to be about as rough as Heaven or Hell mode in Devil May Cry with enemy upscaling on, fucking up positioning and especially getting hit from behind was usually an instakill.

>that badly photoshopped cleavage

jesus

He doesn't say anything about Geralt's age. The only suggestion to Vesemir's age is pic related and the "probably older than Kaer Morhen" meme.

>Mfw my bookfag friend talks shit to me for liking Triss instead of Yen

Why do bookfags think we give a shit?? Why do bookfags think CDPR gives a shit?? Why do Bookfags think that the games are completely impossible to play as anything other than the Geralt they interpreted from the books?? Is it just attention seeking??

>completely ignoring yen when she first told triss about geralt
>completely ignoring geralt's best friend

Specific ages are not given, no.

He does say things like being just a boy when certain historical events took place.

From those you can estimate how old he was.

Vesemir seems to have at least a century on that. I don't think much older than 200 but some people do.

Would you rather Triss become some kind of parasite with no goals, motivation or interests beyond Geralt?

>triss
>well rounded character who acts believably like someone in (possibly unrequited) love with Geralt while still being her own person
>yen
>edgelord 9000 who pretends to be some 2cool4skool cunt bitch when she actually has 0 life beyond "being geralt's gf"

>It makes the Witcheress ending canon

Haha Princessfags other shitters BTFO

Everyone knew thats the "true" and "good" ending.

Witcher Ciri and Geralt retiring with Triss are canon, get btfo shitters.

>Not killing Keira Metz
>Not staying on The Path
>Not getting the Tragic ending

Everything else is fanfiction tier bullshit. Also the game's main plot really shit the bed.

Are the DLC stories any better?

>being autistic

the games imply he's a lot older

yen and geralt behave like an old couple who aren't afraid that a little banter will damage their relationship because they've loved each other for more than 20 years. Triss acts like a giddy school girl and is half the age of geralt.

Blood and Wine is the best DLC I've played, there's some genuinely hilarious shit in there between the main plot and Toussaint trying to out-meme Arthurian legend.

Hearts of Stone is pretty good too, but a bit short. It was novel for me but apparently it's just a Polish folk tale and black and white movie transposed into the game.

This game would have been so much better if it wasn't about Geralt.

?

It wasn't about Geralt. Not that that's a problem, but the game ended up being about nobody in particular.

It wanted to be about Ciri, but it fucked that up too.

They had to significantly de-power Ciri to make her sections worth any kind of gameplay. Personally I would have just made them entirely cutscenes but whatever.

Who else was it going to be about though? I wouldn't mind a game where you get to be Eskell or young Vesemir but it's not like making the games be about Geralt was really surprising. It's like if there was an Expanse game where you were Amos, or a LotR game where you were Aragorn, or whatever*.

Also Ciri's story is done, between the books and Wild Hunt. She's had a character arc and satisfying conclusion to her story. She's also bullshit OP from a gameplay perspective so good fucking luck trying to integrate any semblance of gameplay and lore there if they make any more games and they feature her as the PC.

*NB, the novels are really about Ciri. Geralt is the next most significant character but not the main one.

This game should have decided if it wanted to be a

-Game about the end of Geralt's journey
-Game about the war on the north and political decisions like W2 only expanded
-Fairy tail-like game like W1 about doing Witcher stuff while discovering about the world
-Game about Ciri

It tried all those things, and to an extent did them but it did none of them properly so the story feels all over the place

>Ciri's story is done

She's the protagonist of Cyberpunk 2077. The game ends with you (Ciri) returning to her timeline prior to the events of TW3's main plot.

Cap this.

It's not about Geralt being the main character, it's about Geralt being the most boring character in the entire game.

Geralt is basically the roadie who does all the setup work while all the other characters in the game are the band and actually do everything that matters.

>-Game about the war on the north and political decisions like W2 only expanded
>mfw Redania vs. Nilfgaard was less convincing than Stormcloaks vs. Empire

But that's so wrong it hurts.

>Geralt is basically the roadie who does all the setup work while all the other characters in the game are the band and actually do everything that matters.

You must have played some other game then.

I will now provide a partial list of characters who couldn't have accomplished shit without you dragging their ass to success:

-Triss
-Yennefer
-Lambert
-Avallach
-Bloody Baron
-Hattori and Yoana
-Duchessa Anna Henrietta
-Regis
-Gaunter O'Dimm
-Roche
-Letho
-Emhyr
-Ciri
-Phillipa Eilhart
-Dijkstra

Some of those literally even sit around twiddling their thumbs in impotence until you fix their problems despite being literal geniuses, emperors, having insane intel networks, or being able to do pretty much fucking anything with magic.

Nah. I bet they'll easter egg her in after that reference though. Probably just as an NPC in the background.

Redania had an absolute retard in command.

Said retard was left in place by Emhyr because he knew precisely how retarded Radovid was.

All the Kings who mattered were killed off in (surprisingly enough) Assassins of Kings. Demavend in the intro cinematic, then Foltest, then Henselt.

Besides, it's a game about a professional monster-slayer trying to find his adopted daughter. The political stuff is happening way above his head and he isn't really interested.

This being said it is pretty bullshit that either Dijkstra or Thaler and Roche can somehow BTFO the entire Nilfgaardian army by themselves.

But where is the porn?

>characters who couldn't have accomplished shit without you dragging their ass to success

That's exactly what a roadie does, they make sure that the band has everything they need to succeed during the performance.

Geralt may be the main character but he's not the one that does all the important stuff. He's a lot like JB from Brutal Legend but unlike JB, Geralt doesn't turn into the most important character in the game at the end.

>I fled through many worlds, many times...
>He (Avallac'h) found a portal and took us to a world where Eredin couldn't find us for... oh, perhaps half a year
>People there had metal in their heads, waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes. And there were no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead

In the last wish he law of surprise backfires plus djinn wishes for Yennefer to be happy.

Djinni, being a cuntish djinni like every single one ever. Creatively interprets this and makes yen and G. Soulmates.

And the protag in cyberpunk is auged to shit.
Ciri is all flesh and bone.
This is also ignoring that CDPR said you can choose the gender of the protag.
Ciri will at most have a cameo

The game just started development. They're throwing buzzwords for free marketing, same as when they said it was going to be 3x, 4x or 15x larger than TW3.

Deuteragonist.

They've been working on it since like 2013.

Maybe concept artists, pre-production stuff.

If they had programmers working on it then a) They're retarded, because they had enough trouble getting TW3 out of the door or b) Whatever that guy's name is is a liar because he explicitly said the development team is committed to one project at a time

Given the pre-release issues of TW3, specifically the "releasing" aspect, I'm inclined to believe it's neither and just general preproduction.

Not much to it anyway when your entire, humongous game world boils down to outsourced programs that automatically generate entire, lifeless worlds at the click of a button.

>Geralt may be the main character but he's not the one that does all the important stuff.

The only time he gets upstaged is when Ciri goes and does whatever it is that ends the White Frost. Which happens in like 30 seconds, isn't shown, and ultimately doesn't matter because the White Frost wouldn't even touch the world for thousands of years and there's going to be a giant-ass ice age that causes mankind to devolve into mutated monsters and then die off any way.

Otherwise, he's the only reason Triss can get the mages out of Novigrad, he's the only one who can break Dandelion out, he's the only one who can kill Eredin and Imlerith, etc etc etc.

They're both cute, but are either of them vampires

>tfw all you want is to romance ciri

Wrong. Geralt HELPED Triss get the mages out of Novigrad. He may be the one that physically got them to the boat, but he isn't the one that got all the mages together and started smuggling them out, it was Triss.

Much like how Geralt helped in the assassination of Radovid, he does the grunt, menial work while the important characters do the real work.

Much like a roadie. Without the roadie, the sound would be fucked up, the pyrotechnics wouldn't work right, and the instruments wouldn't be tuned.

The one of the taglines used for the back of the game box even states "The world doesn't need a hero, it needs a professional". The developers knew that Geralt was just a vessel to convey the store of the game's real main character Ciri.

due to the nature of the medium no character is going to be able to do shit without the player there

geralt can investigate all of velen and novigrad or go straight to skellige and yennefer will have done the same amount of investigation

it doesn't say anything about yennefer's ability, it's just a limitation of telling a story in a video game

>looks like a redheaded naked mole rat because none of the models have accurate body hair

yeah, true perfection, guys.

>let's old highwaymen feel her up on their deathbed
>rose tattoo on her pubic mound
>probably ate carpet like she breathes air

Sluuuuuuuuuuuuut

>pig face
>immature as fuck
>lied to geralt over and over again
>used geralt and still got kicked out of lodge

Fuck triss

>Wrong. Geralt HELPED Triss get the mages out of Novigrad. He may be the one that physically got them to the boat, but he isn't the one that got all the mages together and started smuggling them out, it was Triss.

And yet without him they would all have been killed. Probably including Triss. The Witch Hunters had ID'ed them and were in the process of rounding them up.

>Much like how Geralt helped in the assassination of Radovid, he does the grunt, menial work while the important characters do the real work.

He's the only one who can get Radovid to bite the bait. If he doesn't do it, Nilfgaard stomps the North.

If your problem is that other characters have their own motivations and plotlines, I don't know what to tell you. This is a *strength* of the game because it makes the setting feel alive. NPCs aren't just sitting around all the time doing nothing, but because you're the PC their plans are for naught if you don't help. It's an RPG, that's how it's meant to work.

>The one of the taglines used for the back of the game box even states "The world doesn't need a hero, it needs a professional". The developers knew that Geralt was just a vessel to convey the store of the game's real main character Ciri.

One of the central conceits of the game and the novels is that heroes don't exist. Nobody is all good and all pure, everyone is motivated to some degree by self-interest. There's also the dichotomy between what the public believe about Geralt, which varies between the bullshit Dandilion spews (IE, that Geralt is a pure-hearted and noble hero of shining awesomeness) or an utter monster because of the Blakiven thing. Neither are the actual truth.

You still don't mention the fact that Geralt is like a roadie and isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, which is the point I'm making to you.

If you replaced Geralt with Lambert or Eskel, they both would have gotten the Mages out of Novigrad just as easily as Geralt would have. Vesmir would have even done it in a third of the time it took Geralt to do it.

The only reason Geralt is even considered a main character is that he's terrible at following the Witcher rule of neutrality and gets into political shit all the time and brushes shoulders with important people. Lambert and Eskel could be doing shit just like Geralt but they know that shit is stupid as fuck and leads to nothing but problems.

The TRUE Geralt of Rivia would romance neither of the cunts and fuck slutty bitches all day every day

>So in other words, as long as you yourself are also a selfish cunt
yeah describes their relationship pretty well

>The TRUE Geralt of Rivia would do something that contradicts his entire character and motivations for most of his actions

Remember, the very first thing Geralt did when he graduated from the School of the Wolf is try to be a knight in shining armor for some random bitch that was getting attacked by a drowner and ended up scarring her for life by covering her in monster blood when he cut the beast in half. He may act all hard n shit but he's a little bitch that wants to be the hero of a storybook at heart.

>wants to be the hero of a storybook at heart.
And why the fuck is that bad?
Nigger tries to do the right thing, even when there's no correct choices.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the books.

The game was intentionally made to be as divergent as possible without shitting everything up.

Given the fucking context of the games alone. Yennefer was a fucking 3rd wheel-like addition late in the series to appease book fags.

I'm gonna pick Triss. I liked her "end" better the futzing around with Yennefer. Fucking hated Yennefers behavior.

I'd probably have chose Shani if given the choice tho. She seemed more put together then both Yenn & Triss.

get a load of this guy

Because it sets a bad precedent for Witchers everywhere.

A lot of what the Witchers do involves a ton of social engineering. The whole point of being aloof and neutral is to ensure that he and other Witchers that follow him will find work.

So long as people know they won't take sides, they can be hired to do the job. So long as they are NOT good people won't abuse their charity in the future (i.e. ask for favors). Arguably it is wrong for Geralt to let people off the hook for paying him because word will get around and maybe the idiot villagers will consider fucking him or the next Witcher on the presumption they're "good people". That is why it is important that they don't act as mercenaries like Cat school became.

Everything about Geralt is to ensure they have work and they don't get thrown out of villages. Look at all the work he has to do repairing the trade's reputation. Vesimir teaches all the Witchers to give themselves fake titles ("of Rivia") to make them sound like authorities (Yennifer of Vengerberg; Triss of Malibor Tower) like how we use "Mr." or "Professor" to ease people into thinking they're professionals. That's why Geralt hates the title Butcher of Blaviken and gets annoyed at Dandelion's songs about him - they set bad precedent for HIM specifically.

tl;dr Geralt can't be nice because the world being what it is may take advantage of that reputation of niceness.

I just went and got the excerpt from the book. It wasn't a drowner but a bunch of Deserters. Still it ends pretty much the same.

>You see, they'd told me again and again in Kaer Morhen not to get involved in such incidents, not to play at being knight errant or uphold the law. Not to show off, but to work for money. And I joined this fight like an idiot, not fifty miles from the mountains. And do you know why? I wanted the girl, sobbing with gratitude, to kiss her savior on the hands, and her father to thank me on his knees. In reality her father fled with his attackers, and the girl, drenched in the bald man's blood, threw up, became hysterical and fainted in fear when I approached her. Since then, I’ve only very rarely interfered in such matters.

That day Geralt learned the harsh reality of the world he lived in, but he still tries to be the hero, and more often than not it only gets him into more trouble.

"Vesimir is right, you always poke the hive."
- Lambert

cause titties

i agree

this is why i let the villagers in velen hang the niflgaardian deserter but i still felt like shit irl after that temerian gave me a shit eating grin and i found the wife's note on his corpse

stayed true to the witcher code tw1->tw2->tw3 but i still feel bad about letting that dude get hanged

I don't get this meme, I read all the books and still think Triss is better match for Gervant..

She looks like if tumblr were a person.

So Im doing my first playthrough and decided to go Yen, because I thought it would be more in character for Geralt, and I already regret my decision. Truth be told, I wish Cerys was a romance option

Don't we all

>and decided to go Yen

Feel ya. Same here.
Couldn't stand it after a while. I tried, but god, she's a massive bitch. How Geralt is able to deal with her... can't imagine.
Triss on the other hand... well... she looks good. Bit too naive though. And... well... it's all fluffy and happy with her. It's more like a 16 year old's vision of how it's supposed to be.

You're goddamn right I made her Queen. To hell with the sorceresses, give me that mead drinking, battle scarred, level headed goddess any day

THAT FEEL WHEN NO FUCKING GIRLFRIEND

Triss is for beta fucks with no balls who want to get manipulated and lied to and spend all their time with an immature child.

Yen is for true patricians who want a real woman who is both strong, goal driven and independent. Yen also doesn't fucking lie to Geralt and she's way hotter

>b-b-b-but yen is a bitch
She is obviously fucking mad that Ciri is gone and she's trying to find her, it's an urgent fucking matter. She is a lot more chill in the books but she is completely justified in the witcher 3 and she doesn't even act that bitchy most of the time, just because she takes charge unlike Triss doesn't mean she's bitchy.

Are you really saying that if you saw some weird shit that makes no sense if going by the books lore, you wouldn't sperg out about it?

She is bitchy as fuck, please go read the books.

>killed Keira
>acted neutral as fuck except for bitches
>told triss that cunt off
>fucked Yen
>got tragic end where you kill the last crone

Fuck everyone crying about the tragic end, it fits the universe the best

Slap "Deer Prince" in google. Hope you like traps.

Nah she is just stern and very adamant about shit. She isn't bitchy at all, you're just a beta tier fuckboy who wants all your women to be submissive mole rats that are the product of a 16 year olds day dream

Not taking either side, and its fine to have a woman take charge and know what needs to get done, but Yens problem is that she does whatever the fuck she wants because she believes the ends always justifies the means. I mean I get it, shes concerned about Ciri and shes determined to get to her first before the wild hunt, but jesus christ that stuff on Skellige paint her as a mad woman willing to make sacrifices on others expense.
>Almost sinking the islands
>Shitting on their holy land

You know this entire mission felt really weird when you arent aiming to romance Triss. I half wanted to leave her in the maze and just drink heavily with Pig Diq

>correct

>but Yens problem is that she does whatever the fuck she wants because she believes the ends always justifies the means

Wow that sounds literally the same as a famous witcher I know.

>make sacrifices
The wild hunt will literally kill everyone, nobody will exist if the wild hunt gets Ciri first, that's fucking urgent. You have sympathy for a bunch of poor islanders and you would put their lives over the lives of everyone in the entire world and you actually listen to old superstitions from a geriatric druid.

Also Yen actually cares about Geralt unlike Triss who went behind his back with Alvin and the Lodge and used his amnesia against him. Triss is a massive fucking immature cunt and if you could kill he for what she did in W1 and W2 I would have.

I love it because she acts like a fucking teenager and starts getting wasted when she should be paying attention and then you can just completely ignore her and shut her down.

Hmm not really. Radovid becoming a powerful monarch and the fall of the mages was foreshadowed on the end of last book. Also a lot of book characters appear along the games and many references are made.

Well we learned she cant hold wine worth a shit for one thing. Witch hunters didnt need to start pulling names, just give her one glass and she'd be spilling info. Also I should really head back to that manor to check on the host. Last time I was there she was pretty upset about her mother getting killed. I dont think Im getting another invite

STOP.

Post rare Yens.

>Liking Yennefer

>muh books muh books muh books ;_;
Yenfags are hilarious.

How about no? Pay tribute to the queen

Is is just me or is the wedding and the interactions with Shani better done and longer than Triss or Yen...

Compared to Triss laughable ball scenes, Shani's interactions were pretty great.

Although there was no option to tell her that she was a dumb whore and that she will die alone and unloved

>zipper

nice

In Witcher 1 she fucked that disgusting bald dude, then she fucked Sigfried if you brought him to the party.

In Witcher 3 she's complaining about being unmaried lmao.

And you can't tell her that it's because she's a whore, but geralt literally says

>It's the 13th century,career women are a thing

>triss fucked up everything on previous games unless you start to love her again to make her realize something
>Yen bitching till the end
>Shani cockteasing and muh " we cannot be together because our lifes are different "
So....

Yennefer actually felt like a real character with flaws...Triss writing and interactions were lower than Bioware level. They need to fire whoever did her. But then again the only reason Yennefer is good is because they sucesfully transfered her from books to game. The writing overall isn't very good is what I'm saying

Its very obvious that party just an awkward moment for geralt and triss.
>Triss became childish
>Geralt somehow went full retard
Goddamn i cringed for whole times

The reason the Djinn was so mad, is because Geralt told him to go fuck himself in some ancient language, because he thought that was some kind of exocrising spell. Djinn counted it as a wish.

Anyone else get really uncomfortable when Geralt was hitting on Yen during the Skellige funeral?

Yes, I was literally *shaking* at how misogynistic it was.

What was he said ?

More like because it was so awkwardly written, retarded yenfag
>you smell wonderful at this funeral

*literally shakes*

I meant more because they were at funeral. You know, because maybe that wasnt exactly the best time for that? Unless dead kings get them off, I dont know. Just felt weird to me

>She is still hotter than Yen though
Amen

>action asterisks
Is it true that Yenfags come from tumblr?

No because that's Geralt being Geralt.

*literally shaking intensifies*

Ever wonder what Witcher would be like if they replaced Geralt with Sterling Archer?

Is this you? yennefer-fan.tumblr.com/

Not much would change as both are pretty much autists who have a long running on again and off again relationship with a woman who is a cunt, but yet they still deeply love each other.

>linking to tumblr

*urge to literally shake, rising*

Trissfags btfo

gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1039

I like her body.

Early on in Witcher 3; does she seriously fuck around on him?

>However, many believe that Triss Merigold would be the healthier option for Geralt. The sorceress with auburn hair was the complete opposite of Yennefer, but this never prevented the witcher from nursing his broken heart in her arms.
>In Assassins and the first Witcher the chemistry between them was almost palpable, and the Triss-related plot in The Wild Hunt (especially the scene at the ball) is the perfect development of this romance. What's more, Triss' character makes her feel like the girl whom you can trust with anything – with Yen it would be constant horn locking and threats with a rolling pin in hand.
Good article.

What about Triss's ugly face? If only the books described her as pretty.

Ciri Empress ending is the best ending. The witcher ciri ending is literally The Last of Us ending where you keep her away from her father and dont allow her to choose, cuz she chose being empress.

Anyone is better than this creature.

I picked Yenn because I liked her tits, ass, and hair better.

>factoring in personality
>in a fucking video game

Cred Forums just gets sadder and sadder.

Who is that slut, and why is this now a Ciri thrad?

Except you know most people choose Yen.

>picks an unappealing shot
>still looks better than the appealing shot of triss

You're gonna have to do better than that.

look at that DIVINE smile, how can anyone say no to that?

>gamepressure
>most people
You're in Cred Forums in case you didn't notice.

>most people

If you don't see the horrible selection bias in that data you're retarded

I think you spend too much time on tumblr if you think that looks "appealing", yennefer-fan.

>yenn
>go to a nord/scottish funeral where you fight, race, and steal magic shit
>triss
>goes to a masquerade ball where you have to wear a stupid mask and run around in a hedge maze in between dealing with foppish faggots pretending to be worth a shit

The Yenn missions were actually fun.

"waifu shit was a mistake"

- spakowskee

>Triss wears low cut dresses all the time in-game except for W2
>Canon Triss has a scar on her chest and covers it all the time.

If they included this, i'd die a happy man.

Are you incapable of reading? I said the Yennifer pic wasn't appealing.

>actual Yen romance quest
>sit in a boat while listening to her nag at you for five minutes
>fight a lame boss fight
>have a boring conversation
Triss's quest is much better done.

Too many Trissfags and Yencucks in this thread, gotta meditate....

>cdpr literally had to add triss content to appease faggots like you

Go back to your waifu thread on the bioware forum

>fight a lame boss fight

That's literally every boss.

>fight a lame boss fight
>have a boring conversation

Witcher 3 in a nutshell

ha epik

Nobody likes ciri

>yenfag this mad that people don't like his hag waifu
kek
That's why quests where you don't have to do much fighting work better.

This is why I couldn't choose Triss. Haven't read the books, probably won't play 1 or 2, but goddamn she just reeked of being an immature slut. Also, Yenn screaming for Ciri and being all maternal and shit was cute as hell. I like their dynamic as a family.

Good thing he didn't create a woman who Geralt loves deeply or anything like that.

>witcher 3
>gameplay

youtu.be/yaeit-y-urc?t=3s

>That's why quests where you don't have to do much fighting work better.

That's an adventure game. Trissfags literally prefer adventure games.

What's the point of playing an RPG with choices if you're going to follow a set few choices that are in the book?

>Triss's quest is much better done.

In theory it should be, this big detailed romantic grandiouse party that looks beatiful.

However the writing is so retarded it negates all that

So you don't have to read the book?

I meant the one where you have to help the sorcerers escape, that's the one which decides whether you get locked into her romance or not.

>Trissfags will never get to experience the family dynamic of Geralt/Yen/Ciri and instead have to settle for this

stop spitting lies filth

That's the only way yencucks can justify their shit taste.

That party was awful.

>that image

>tumblr image
Still here, yennefer-fan?

The party was bad and now or never wasn't much better.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the games are sequels to the books?

It doesn't follow the books, they could have done anything with it.

In Witcher 1 and 2 you can make some choices that are totally uncharacteristic of Geralt from the books. I suppose the same applies to Witcher 3, but not as much.

>implying Geralt wouldn't pick Triss if he had free will but Yen stole it from him through the djinn

>It doesn't follow the books, they could have done anything with it.
Can you rephrase this post in proper English?

isn't Geralt unable to procreate or something?

>Trissfags vs Yencucks
Get it right, anons.

I pity the Yencucks who become inhouse slaves for hunchback witch bitch.

>implying he would pick either for any length of time
>geralt actually wanting to settle down

He can preach all he wants, but geralt loves witchering

What's so hard to understand? The games are original stories and sequels to the books. It's not constrained to what happens in the books.

>Trissfags vs Yencuck
Fixed.

So can we all agree that the Yen ending is non canon?

No.

More like Trissbros vs lone miserable Yencuck.

>tfw you finally realized why this game and its fans are so hated on Cred Forums

you subhumans deserve all the hatred you get

The fact that there isnt girl like Triss hurts almost as bad as "Games wont catch up to W3 for atleast 5 more years"

W2 sidequest cured your dick or something.

>factoring in personality
>in a fucking video game

Underrated. Did people seriously listen to any woman in these games?

I wish I could have sided with Order of the Flaming rose in Witcher 3, like i did in Witcher 1.

Fuck mages. But not only do they not give you that option they made the religion totally one dimensional and stupid

Because Cred Forums literally hates everything?

>would beat Yen in a fight
>won Geralt's heart
>heroine of sodden hill
>savior of the mages
>most powerful mage alive

Why is she so perfect?

I played both romances, and I have to say I prefer Yen. Triss was boring, very cute, but boring. Yen kept me entertained at least, the banter and sex talk was far more interesting. Yen is a little more prickly, but that's only because she is a former ugly chick and is still a bit guarded and insecure. The contrast between her shit talk and her sweet talk made it worth it.

This. I just got into the games myself and I'm amazed this isn't just a flood of hot pics of Yenn, Triss, and Ciri. Jesus Christ witcherfags are terrible.

Triss is still sterile though so it's still never going to happen. Plus we don't know if the thing actually cured Geralt and it would be really stupid if it did and would undermine Geralt's and Ciri's relationship.

>would beat Yen in a fight
>most powerful mage alive

err, no, putting aside your childish waifu garbage, yen is more powerful than triss and i think only philippa and francesca are more powerful than yen

Goys, should I apply the latest patch or just download Goty edition? I have the expansions
What do

>Triss was boring, very cute, but boring.
>Yen kept me entertained at least, the banter and sex talk was far more interesting.
>The contrast between her shit talk and her sweet talk made it worth it.

Finally someone understands.

literally perfect

>goes to a Triss thread
>why is it full of Triss???

They are literally worse than the fucking waifu weebs, if that's at all possible.

>Yen
>being more powerful than Triss

This is what Yencucks actually believe.

the goty edition isn't even on the latest patch, they did a few hotfixes after that

there's no reason to get it, there's nothing special in the GOTY edition that's not in the patches or the expansions

You got lost boys?

Exactly what I'm saying. You don't even read posts. Name one part of what you replied to that said anything against Triss pics.

Killing Keira Metz was probably the best part of the game for me.
Finally being able to kill one of the cunts that have been manipulating you the whole time.

Spotted the salty Yencuck.

You are autistic.

>it's just a Polish folk tale and black and white movie transposed into the game.

What movie?

The OP is a picture of Triss with "Why is she so adorable?", what the fuck were you expecting?

I dont think you belong in here, user.

>still feeding the retarded trissfaggot (You)s

stop

Ignore them and post more of canon waifu.

So it was a complete rip off?

No mater it was better than anything in the main game. The writers were fucking hacks, now in the literal sense

Nah, I'm too busy laughing at your unhealthy fixation on a fictional character that you'll never find.

What were they thinking with this outfit?

The best result is picking neither (or fucking them both) then traveling doing witcher business until deciding to settle down at Corvo Bianco and having Ciri come visit you

Sorceress are shit. Whores are more loyal.

Ciri a bes, Shani is 2nd bes.

>when Ciri visits you at vineyard
feel good man

I am still mad her optional outfit wasnt that cute tomboy W2 look.

Best part about Blood and Wine.

So what type of waifus is Cyberpunk going to get?

Hopefully Triss.

Maybe second best part, user, lets be honest here.

I like how these threads consist of everyone trying to push their shitty choices as the most fitting for the game universe.

Why does this boy look like a cute girl?

>Geralt didn't take a deep whiff of her sweat-soaked shirt after finding it on the ground

If they throw in another brunette with gorgeous hair, I'll be happy.

Sapkowski said that The books are self contained and the game doesn't affect the future Witcher books so it wound not matter if you choose Yen or Triss, Here's the Eurogamer interview.

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-06-ever-wondered-what-the-author-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

Tell me about Triss, why is she so thicc?

Friendly banter and hot pics of all three characters pretending to compete. How do you start a cheesecake thread and not know how they should work? You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

I was so happy when I found that on the ground, I seriously thought she would be wearing it for W3 too. And thats too bad. The new outfit is classy and all, but the W2 is just the right combination of middleage and cute.

Those are some horrific burns.

Yencucks are too preoccupied with derailing threads with their book canon whining to contribute.

What makes you say that?

Yeah, because the first fucking reply wasn't stirring shit up or anything. The Yen autists may have flared up, but it was a Triss autist who threw out the bait.

>game doesn't affect the future Witcher books

Because there won't be future Witcher books.

>tfw can't romance my waifu
She's so fucking cute and bossy

The people in this thread are too weak willed to even consider dominating a bossy woman.

I guess love really is blind.

>

And yencuck, being an autist, had no choice but to cry about it for hours.

Tries is great in the books. Yen is a horrid fucking cow.

>implicating

No. There are no cucks here. There are no fags here. Only autism. Yen autists and Triss autists are equally terrible

wrong. Sapkowski recently revealed he's working on more.

>feel for the guy
>saving him unfolds the whole story
>reward is garbage
>giving him up gives a bunch amazing unique rewards

Thanks CDProjekt.

Do you think they fucked?

Spotted the salty Yencuck.

cirifag detected

Cuck confirmed.

>reward is garbage
*rolls behind you* pam-param nuthin personell, you piece of filth *unleashes Iris*

>All this drama argument bullshit
>Both your choices of "waifu" are sloots
Guess that answers my question of "should I play this."

Ves was best tbj

She looks likes Elizabeth Olsen

Just salty. I'd fuck most of the wenches in Witcher. Sure as fuck wouldn't debate about their personalities.

areola

It just doesn't scale well. Many builds rely on synergy provided by the stats of specific armor sets, which it neglects. Then past Hearts of Stone is Blood and Wine which is a higher level area with the best sets in the game.

Meanwhile infinite alcohol and the best saddle in the game will be serving you forever, even in NG+

>He thinks Sapkowski stopped writing Witcher short stories

I really like Triss Witcher 2 armour.
And also, I really liked the hoods in the armours in W2, I wish there was one for W3

What the fuck? Iris was fucking top tier weapon if only for the fashion points. Felt like in my favorite anime. Slashing fags and cunts until Iris glew red to unleash the ungodly heavy slash.

>calling people who waifu Triss trissfags
>not trissbros

Kys

My favorite outfit for that exact reason.

Considering that Triss fucked everyone, probably

>not trisscucks

Triss was a whore.

Triss was a pure virgin before she met Geralt and stayed loyal!

Reminder that Yen tried to seduce Letho.

Yeah, but it's a top tier weapon for about 5 minutes before better options come around.

> all those guys that ran trains on her in towers
Lol, ok bruv

That's some bad artwork.

My entire party experience.

Fucking disgusting even for that cuck queen whore Yen. I will never understand whats going on the Yencucks heads.

This. Triss was a virgin until she slept with Geralt and he's the one she's been with.

The truth isn't always pretty.

No artwork can make Triss look good.

You can identify her by the smell of wine and various cocks

w-whats yen d-doing

What happens when you want to run shit that would normally run on only one monitor?

Will no matter what the whole screen get taken up with black borders or do games just run windowed?

This is the main reason why I haven't considered replacing my dual monitor setup.

I was just replaying Hearts of Stone and I felt really dumb

The first time I played the game I thought Olgierds brother, was a cool Raider just as Olgierd. I can't believe I missed that he was a weakling and a shadow of his brother, and Geralt. Seeing him strut around in donkey ears...Anyway, the first time I thought he was better than Geralt. Maybe it was the voice acting but I missed that part

she's mowing the lawn, son.

just... just look away.

But he was, just wasnt as cool as Olgierd.

Grandmaster Cat Armour in the Blood and Wine DLC has a hood.

Ciri was perfect in every way conceivable, user.

Yeah but Geralt isn't innocent either. Unless you don't sleep with any women.

Too bad you can't court Ciri.

>What happens when you want to run shit that would normally run on only one monitor?
It runs normally.

If the game supports only 16:9 aspect ratio, it depends if you're in windowed mode or fullscreen. In windowed mode, you get a 23" 16:9 game window in the middle of your screen, no pillar boxes, you see whatever window you have underneath. If you run it in 16:9 fullscreen then you get black pillar boxes on either side.

>The Witcheress, aka, Witcher 4
>Ciri main character
>we still get to romance girls

That's the problem user. But geralt and ciri already developed father-daughter bond, so ciri always out from the list. I dont feel anything at all to consider her

Why not ? You dont mind....space and time strap girl to girl user ?

Fuck you, Ciri is not a dyke.

Does sex with red heads feel good?

Okay, but why can't I sex up the hot herbalist from the opening chapter?

>giving a shit about sapkowski
i am the geralt now, i will decide where to put my dick

Spoken like a true rpg player.

>she didn't look like in a gwent card
why

WE WITCHER NOW

What about those two hot var attre twins, Edna and Rosa?

Was hoping you'd get to sleep with them.

And lo! Neither was a sin in the eyes of GOD...

This man gets it. When I played through the game I picked Triss, because honestly I really like her visually speaking, but her personality kinda didn't do it for me, and once I did the djin quest with Yen, I understood that Yen just felt... right for me, so I started a new game and went to romance her instead. Felt good in the end.

Yeah, if you read Eskell's journal entry in 3 it's pretty obvious they are cannon

The Deidre Ademyn one is confirmed canon for the games' lore, like other user said she is mentioned by Eskel and in his journal as well.

Threads like these wants me to replay Witcher 3, but everytime I do it I just get bored. I just hate going through dialogue cutscenes in this game, and I don't want to skip them because they are the core of this game. The cutscenes were interesting for 1-2 playthroughs, but now I just bored. The monotonous combat isn't helping either.

>tfw it's over

Farewell you beautiful bastard ;_;

I actually kinda hoped the sad ending was the canon one.

Geralt hunting down the last of the witches and losing his shit because he believes ciri either died or abandoned him.

Makes ciri seem like less of a mary sue considering she likely sacrificed herself to protect the world

>Gooseberries
>Purple

Don't think I've ever seen Mrs.Doubtfire posted on Cred Forums.

>Didn't get to slam it into either

FUCK this game. 0/10 worst game ever Triss still best girl fucken dropped

Geralt would know if she is dead or not as they are bound by destiny, so she is dead in the sad ending, if she just abandons him and fucks off to another world he wouldn't go full suicidal mode.

*not to mention the possibility that Yennefer also kills herself, so he goes full suicidal mode.

Too bad Blood and Wine shat all over the sad ending and made it canon that he would survive his own suicide attempt, hahaha

Oh, you silly consolebabbies.

>can't modelswap for Shani
Goddammit, CDPR. Fuck you.

I haven't read a single Witcher book and I will never ever choose Shani or Triss because they're both among the most boring females I have ever encountered in video games. Yennefer is not perfect by any means but she's miles ahead both of them

#cuck4life

This is a very funny meme, my man, but let's face it, Triss is nothing but a cardboard cutout cutie redhead

>This is a very funny meme, my man
Thanks man, I wanted to do something special for my boys here. You are a good chap.

damn clown

youtu.be/HmbAIRgS9x8?t=3m32s

reminder

This is fucking hilarious though.

Yeah, Keira's in-game model looks like ass compared to how she looks in other areas. It's such a shame.

Should Shani be gassed along with Triss?

nope, just you user.

Shani is one of the few actually good people in the world of the Witcher.

>just stands there like a dumb bitch while geralt gets hanged

The fact they included the death scene (that hardly anybody would see) along with that shot of Triss staring down like a misbehaving shcoolgirl really shows how little the develipers thought of her as a character.

Yeah... right after you. You just go in first. We'll send her in there... after... promise...

The facial animations in this game are so underrated.
I didn't even really notice how good much of it is until I went back and played some other games *cough*Mankind Divided*cough*

>develipers

How did you not notice? It is leagues beyond anything any other dev has ever been able to achieve (and sadly than any other dev will ever do anytime soon given they know they can get away with just continually pushing out lower quality trash and the mainstream will eat it up readily anyways). Not to mention the game is like 100 hours long. Even if you just rush through it with the main quest line only it's still maybe almost 40 hours or something.

They aren't underrated, you're just blind and oblivious apparently if it wasn't obvious to you while playing.

He was only mentioning how good they were in comparison to a (newer) game that was released nearly two years after it, lay off you fucking autists.

Perhaps I worded it poorly, of course I noticed they were great, I just didn't consider how much better it is than your average game.

I liked Triss, and wanted to choose her cuz I do not like Yennefer - I only got to read the books 1-4 at the time, my country had no available tranlation of the others. In Witcher 3, I blew everything and got the threeway scene, then the lone witcher ending, and after that, i read the books. Man... I did not like the lone ending when I got it, but I do now.

Because redheads a best, user

>muh haircolor
that's literally everything triss has going for her.

>muh tsuntsun
Only thing Yen has going for her either

I'm still mad as fuck how they teased Rosa to be a possible love interest just to end it with that retarded conclusion where she fucks off no matter what you do. Fuck them for this, I really liked her.

bumpy horse ride

Remind me again why anyone would love a woman with man-jaws.

This edit is so fucking good.

exactly what happened to me

Iris is best girl