Thoughts on Nintendo writing?

Thoughts on Nintendo writing?

They used to be good. Now they're just meme-spouters.

GAAAAAAAAMEEERGAAAATEEEEEE

Is this what you are trying to imply?

They aren't wrong though, what is it with americans that you fucks add "gate" to everything?

Because Watergate was a huge thing in American history, Watergate being the name of a hotel.

You mean like us here at Cred Forums?

If you don't have a problem with memes here, you shouldn't anywhere else.

oh god why

Yes. You guys are all faggots.

Watergate you ignorant bop.

>her der why should I pay attention to basic american history?

You're entire economy was likely effected following it too. America is a super power who has their hands in everything, including whatever shithole you're from.

so why did the infidel americans add -gate to issues?

It is dumb though.

>it's a Cred Forums pretends watergate doesn't exist thread

Paper Mario Gategate

This is actually true though. It was called "Watergate" because that's the name of the hotel. It doesn't make sense to slapt the -gate suffix to shit like "deflate" or "gamer". I know we've been doing it as a society since the 70s, but it's still nonsensical.

the game's right you sensitive fucks

NoA needs to be stopped

Pretty much because how big Watergate was (it led Richard Nixon resigning as president). Reporters starting sticking it on their scandals to make their stories feel bigger than they actually were to sell papers. In essences you think think of it the same as click bait titles in web articles today.

Just because you meme faggots melded in, doesn't mean you belong.
>us
Kill yourself.

It actually makes a lot of sense. Obviously watergate was big enough that it became the go-to comparison for any new scandal, leading to the creation of portmanteaus which became so commonplace that the -gate suffix became a widely recognised indicator of scandal.

so if the hotel was called waterpenis..?

I fucking live for memes . A good meme turns me on amd I can cum to the thought of memes now. A meme will make my day but a meme for dinner makes me a winner

pretty good maybe they should just write novels from now on since their games are so shite lmao #rekt

Because it was the first major political scandal that took over media coverage and slowly unraveled itself until it led to the resignation of the most powerful political figure in the world.

It ushered in a new age where the government couldn't expect a cushy relationship with the press and set the tone for how all future scandals would be handled by the media and viewed by the public.

It's kind of a big deal so every major political scandal or catastrophe references it.

>using meme arrows

Kys

what are the japanese lines?

I'm honestly still not sure what gamergate is. Is there a good definition? Best I can come up with is twitter shitposting.

>If you don't have a problem with memes here, you shouldn't anywhere else.
Why?

>Watergate was over a few minutes of deleted tapes
>Hillary still gets a free pass over untold amounts of illegal email activity

>Memes are only ok when I use them!
>pepedoingsomethingstupid.jpg upload!

Only on Cred Forums

It ranges from game to game, from good to bad, the absolute worst being FE Fates.

Ethics in video game """journalism"""
i.e. revealing the fuckhead """journalists""" who trade favorable reviews and news coverage for goods and services. Also trying to set a standard of honest journalism without bias.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just someone who doesn't like it or just trying to hijack it for their own personal agenda.

That'll do it.

If anyone tries to tell you more they have an agenda.

Fuck you, I smiled.

Remember when that one guy at IGN was fired for "reasons unknown" after giving a bad review to Kane & Lynch while the site heavily promoted it via ads?

Imagine that, except gamergate people found out exactly what was going on with really easy digital trails to follow.

the only thing you need to know about gamergate is that anyone who ever talks about it, no matter which side they take, is someone you should remove from your life. it's a stupid, irrelevant phenomenon that only attention whores, drama queens and twitter shitposters care about.

Pandering.
They made a "gate" joke and SJWs flipped their fucking lids as per usual.
Now theyve taken it out and thrown in a "Gaters are so stupid!!" joke.

Its incredible. The same people I knew who when I was a kid warned me to always watch out for and never tolerate government corruption, using Watergate as an example, are now bending over backwards to defend her, when what she has done puts Nixon to shame.

I think they're pretty funny.

Vidya community discovered that everyone in the "game journalism" field were all secretly conspiring with each other to set narratives, then were shocked when games journalists conspired to set the narrative that "gamers are dead" and "gamers are racist misogynists" in revenge.

how did we go from this...

But it is dumb.
Adding -gate to any fucking scandal is retarded, to not talk about how by following this logic the Watergate scandal should be called "Watergategate"

Yeah, no. Everyone knew what was going on then too. The reason gamergate was a bigger stink was because it was a girl and she had sex and Cred Forums hated her and you didn't really have any actual dirt so you had to yell really loud for any of it to stick.

For fuck's sake the "one guy" in question, Jeff Gerstmann, saw right through your bullshit and was one of the few games journalists with the balls to actually condemn the witch hunt.

I bet you are the same dude who praises the Sonic twitter account. I honestly don't understand why suddenly

...to this

I like dumb writing like this, so it's going to be really heartbreaking when this ends up getting resounding 6/10 scores.

This is NoA writing, not Nintendo.

angry feminists got upset because they cannot spew their hatred anymore without being mocked for it

>memes in the localization of a video game are exactly the same as memes on an anonymous imageboard on the internet
You're either mentally retarded, or an NoA employee desperately trying to defend your garbage.

So what's with the Super Sentei Toads? Do they bother you throughout the whole game?

>Vidya community "discovered" that "everyone" in the "game journalism" field were all "secretly" "conspiring" with each other to set "narratives," then were shocked when games journalists "conspired" to set the "narrative" that "gamers are dead" and "gamers are racist misogynists" in "revenge."

ftfy