Just bought this. What should I expect?

Just bought this. What should I expect?

a decent game that falls apart midway (denerim)

a good game all the way through, biowares last good game in fact

skip the sequels

Leliana best waifu.

Really? I always kill her immediately because I find her intolerably cringey.

I was joking, kill the bitch. Morrigan best waifu

That fucking face, accent, lisp, personality.

I played it. Enjoyed it enough to finish.
Really didn't like the dwarf dungeon part or the haze?? or was it craze?? that magician only world

i liked all the class nonsense and it was fluid for the most part, lots of decisions and lots of dialogue

also not a fan of real time turn based nonsense

i'd give it a 3 out of 5

Interesting tactics. Barely passable story. Good character development. Poor graphics for 2016 standards. Shit character creation.

roll a mage

shit combat, but cool characters and dialog

>males mages in dresses
>an entire level so hated by the community that there's a mod to skip it
>disappointment when you finish this and start the sequels

Get fire resistance stuff.

Set mages to immolate.

Imo it was boring, shallow, and played like a shitty mmo. I hated the environments and I only liked three parts both dragon fights and trying to save the little girl from the succubus. Is there any way to actually save her? I let her get possessed
Other than that, I'm pretty sure my opinions about this game are largely disagreed with

>people hating Fade
It was pretty good, actually. Much better than the Deep Roads.

Make a mage, always run with the other two mages. Four party member is whatever you want, they're worthless anyways because they are not a mage.

You just need to have high persuasion to save the girl

Shit gameplay, shit antagonist. Everything else is passable.

>Wow, that sure was a harrowing battle against 6,000 skeletons, I wonder what's around the next corner
>Oh look, it's 7,00 skeletons! What a great time I am having!

>played like a shitty mmo
>t. Guy who has never played a crpg

i remember breaking the game as melee mage

dont know if they ever did balance patches

Not really. Arcane warrior is still retarded

This is the only game i played all the way through with this combat style, i usually hate it. And i enjoyed every second of it, that must speak something about it

It's nothing out of this world but a very good rpg overall. From what i remember it rewards roleplay, so immerse yourself in it, you'll have a good time

>>males mages in dresses
I can deal with the ugly dresses but the hats are awful
>playing a male

A mediocre fantasy rpg, that Cred Forums vastly overrates.

Any fun class? Not overpowered (until this is actually fun) but just fun.

I admit it might've been because I went with generic sword and shield. Towards the end I started playing with Morgana more and I enjoyed magic a lot more

Dual wield rogue

Overpowered doesn't really happen to you unlock more class specializations anyways. After you unlock them the first time they will be unlocked from the start of every new game. The overpowered set is arcane warrior/bloodmage combo of the mage specializations.

>tfw can't decide between mage or fem city elf for my full edge playthrough

Entropy mage

You can go full edge from the start of fem elf and it fits for the whole playthrough

Hahaha
HAHAHAHA

Can I be a dwarf mage? I wanna play the most fun dwarf class.

A decent game, just treat it as the first and last game of the series, because the others ones are shit.

Dorfs are pretty much anti magic, they can't use it and can hardly be affected by it. Lore wise anyway, ingame wise you just take a bit less damage.

Yeah but then you're stuck with only one mage

SLEEP WITH EVERYONE

>tfw getting paid to let the noble fuck your cousin

I don't know what you should expect, but you shouldn't expect a good sequel. If you end up liking the game, pay someone to hit you in the head with a pan until you forget that there are other games in the series, or you go vegetable.

That never happens.

Two-hander warrior with scattershot, one point in poisons, templar and champion spec. Murder mooks, steal all the aggro, live through it with 120+ defense and massive armor, then keep the whole fight knocked over on its back by alternating two-handed sweep with upgraded champion shout. More useful than a mage in the second half of the game, especially on higher difficulties. Personal dispell and the ability to use bombs is a bonus.

Alternatively, play a rogue. If you wear heavy armor and get enough physical resist you can do everything a warrior can while having a ton of your own tricks.

Some might say mage, but mages are about as boring as a class can be. Miserable gear selection, suck against elite enemies, can't actually go all out on a fight because they steal aggro too easily, then break the game once you unlock arcane warrior and blood magic. If you're playing like that might as well save yourself the time and kill enemies with the console.

Casting a glyph of repulsion on the door then dropping inferno into a room full of enemies is great fun, though. Minimap makes it look like you're making popcorn.