Say what you will about Dark Souls 3 but the fight against this motherfucker is one of the best fights in the entire...

Say what you will about Dark Souls 3 but the fight against this motherfucker is one of the best fights in the entire franchise.

yeah, right after bed of chaos

For some reason he was the hardest bossfight in the game for me

Yuria detected

He's pretty well done within the mechanics of the game, but Dark Souls 3's rolls and attack speeds just kill the enjoyment of things for me.

They wantded to make dark souls: bloodborne edition and it didnt pan out too well

It was a great fight indeed, a boss using the player's moves was a very good idea.
Then they JUST HAD to bring back Gwin's moveset and theme (sort of) so the die hard DS1 fanboys could cream their pants, and it all went to shit.

All the DaS3 bosses were great except maybe Wolnir and Crystal Sage

The dragon boss was fucking trash

Wolnir was majorly disappointing
>fuckhuge menacing figure in the trailer
>ends up being a manlet giant

He was a previous lord who linked the fire, it made sense and stuck to the Lore, stop being contrarian.

Crystal sage was a legitimately good and fun boss though.

It would have been much better if they had kept ot more subtle, and just throwing a couple of Gwyn's moves in in phase 2, rather than just going "Okay, you're fighting Gwyn now!"

this dude was easy af and boring. I don't get the awe people express over him and his player moves, it's honestly not that cool.

No one cares about your opinion contrarian faggot.

>His shitty 2nd-phase stunlock combo.
>Phase 2 is Lord Gwyn with more moves
>Otherwise he's that fucking easy to BTFO.

Crystal Sage is actually a good boss.
It was even more fun with Throwing Knives.

I just don't see why it's even contrarian. The boss gets to do like two move-styles in the time it takes to kill him and they're not that cool especially if you've been doing any amount of PVP at all.

It's a gimmick that doesn't define the boss as it's still just a regular humanoid Dark Souls in a sequel that was actually pretty fleshed out as far as varied bosses go.

Sounds like you guys just suck. I loved the faster speed of the game. Couldn't go back to the previous entries for a while even.

I was kinda underwhelmed by the DaS 3 bossfights. There were a few standouts, but honestly I think they weren't as good as the highs from DeS DaS and BB.

I guess you just dont enjoy anything. Im sorry youre such a jaded cunt.

It's too easy, not too hard. More than that though, it just wants more spam from you, both attack and dodge, and it's not as punishing as a result. There's no longer a sense that every attack and every dodge matters.

nah, I love nearly all the bosses in DS3. This one's just a real stinker of a final boss.

Nah son, just you wait.
Miyazaki said the team is focusing more on the second DLC, and that it will bring the entire story of Dark Souls full circle.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

>Tap X to win
Fuckin boring fight

same, i felt really bad summoning for him but wanted to beat the game that night
solod nameless king at least

It's nothing special, not even the best fight in DS3.

>Not Champion Gundyr
>Not Nameless King

Iudex Gundyr > Champion Gundyr

did any of the bosses not fold like paper as soon as you brought a second person?

Nameless King is boring as fuck from the fight alone, the only thing that makes it kind of neat is the environment and lore bullshit.

he's not only a "previous lord", Gwyn is the FIRST lord who used his soul to extend the age of fire.

Bloodborne has many bosses that become harder and less predictable if you summon, Amygdala for example.

Honestly can't remember 3/4 of the bosses in this game.

Only his basic moves mirror Gwyn's in that phase. The 5 hit combo, and all three sunlight miracles are new.

>It just wants more spam from you

Not true. I'd disagree with bosses like sulyvahn and gundyr. And enemy types like the pontiff knights were especially annoying as they could rush and spam you and it felt like my attacks couldn't affect their poise.

And faster bosses are harder to fight and anticipate their moves. With slower gameplay in previous games it kind of became too easy to learn and beat a boss.

The boss didn't roll and chug estus so I couldn't relate.

What? Iudex's second form was garbage. You just stay under him and none of his attacks work. Champion gundyr kicks and body slams you into oblivion. Fun boss fight.

I only know one person who has ever died to Ludex Gundyr. Champ is champ, nothing else to say.

Iudex Gundyr would have been a good fight if the black goo monster was as fucking annoying as the hollow ones at Highwall are.

>get demolished by SoC and Nameless
>first try the Champ
I was a little disappointed

I don't get how they still haven't nerfed Carthus Rouge yet, that shit is OP as fuck, in both PvP and PvE.

Negro por favor.

I dare you to go fight Sir Alonne in DaS2 and then still say DaS3 rolls aren't stupid and easy as fuck.

Difficulty Rating:

DS2/SotFS >>>> BB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS1 = Demon's > DS3

the only thing difficult about ds2 is not blowing your brains out from the level design

>"Champion Gundyr hard"
>beat him in a couple of tries, didn't even realize you could parry him until after the fight
>"Nameless Kunt is hard"
>beat him second try
>"Soul of Cinder is hard"
>beat him in about 5 tries
Most of the DS3 bosses were easier than Moonlight Butterfly.

It is just harder in general. The game's really not that insufferable.

I soloed nameless King and soloed SoC both bosses were pretty cool but the one motherfucker who gave me trouble was Pontiff Sulyvahn I had to git gud to beat him nameless King and SoC werent all that bad because they telegraphed like hell but Pontiff just shat on me when I first picked up the game .

I got really close to beating nameless my first try but fucked up and took like 9 more tries after that

The only thing difficult about DaS2 is not killing yourself because the fact that such a horrific thing could spawn from human creativity would make you lose faith in humanity. Thankfully BB counters that by being the greatest achievement of mankind.

BB is the hardest one.
>there are people who haven't experienced the balls-to-the-wall insanity that is NG+ Orphan of Kos

He just felt like an inferior Gwyn desu.

>playing BB on NG+
there's just no point

You do it for fun

I could beat moonlight butterfly in one try. Most of the other bosses in DaS 3 I could not. You even admitted you died to those bosses. Stop being contrarian.

no he was rubbish for me nameless king was the last boss

more like an upgraded Gwyn

>he died to the Moonlight Butterfly
LMAO

that fight was horrible though. it was just an easier gwyn in the 2nd half, and the first half wasnt even as hard as half the regular enemies

>Bosses can 1-2 hit you in regular game
>the whole point of the game is to avoid damage, just don't get hit
>NG+ increases boss health and damage so it's just a slower NG
there's just no point

>people claim DaS3 bosses are hard
>the game doesn't have even a Four Kings tier boss

>>NG+ increases boss health and damage so it's just a slower NG
makes it so you need to dodge properly for longer

if you increase the length of the fight for long enough you're bound to make mistakes

>Bosses can 1-2 hit you in regular game
Are you playing on BL4?
Because that how it is if you never level up anything.
Assuming you're not a retard that charges right into a super powerful week early telegraphed boss move and eat the whole counterdamage.

>Ludex

Dark souls 3 sucks so bad that i didn't even bother playing it.

nameless king was the best fight

>4 kings
>hard

I did not like it. Can't even quite point at what was my problem here, but it just came out really anti-climatic. It was just another dude, and I just wanted to get over with it at that point.

Dancer a qt

>dragonrider and dragonriderS
>orstein
>royal rat vanguard
>royal rat authority
>throne defenders
>ALL of harvest valley/earthen peak
>old iron king
>covetous demon
>white covetous demon
>rehashed smelter demon
>prowling magnus and the congregation
>skeleton lords
this is the most insufferable game in the series

It's my favorite final boss of the franchise, and that is saying something.

Quick, post your top10 fights Cred Forums!

1 Artorias
2 Nameless
3 Gascoigne
4 Manus
5 SoC
6 OeS
7 Ebrietas
8 Sinh
9 Alonne
10 Ludwig

What's even the point of having Wolnir be a boss? He's clearly unfinished/poorly thought out and you stomp him in seconds most of the time due to his bracelet mechanic. It would be better to just not have a boss if you can't make it work.

>go four kings the first time
>last remaining of the four bosses
>friend told me they're the hardest boss
>super hyped, super pumped
>adrenaline overflow
>kill each one with two or three zweihander hits
>teleport out
What the fuck.

The point is that DaS3 doesn't reach the level of 4K, not that they're exceptionally hard.

I disagree

>I steamrolled the game with a Chaos Zwei I'm so le hardcore xDDD

>zweihander
what the fuck

It wasn't Chaos, but Fire, and I didn't know how OP the weapon was. Didn't read up stuff on the Internet back then. I just liked its style. Somewhat ruined the game, yeah.

Also, I especially mentioned they were my last of the four bosses to stress how overleveled I was at that point.

Reading comprehension, my man.

Why upgrade health when you can just dodge?

in the series, sure, but it's really not that bad. I still really have fun playing DS2. If you're gotta whine, DS2's the thing to whine about but really it's not the worst thing.

1. Ludwig
2. Father Gascoigne
3. Maiden Astraea
4. Orphan of Kos
5. Tower Knight
6. Ebrietas
7. Martyr Logarius
8. Lorian & Lothric
9. Storm King
10. Cleric Beast

That's a terrible excuse to call this fight "shit"

Four kings too easy
Shut up you idiotic sheeple

Cringing during the climax of the game sure isn't pleasant.

>Dont play a faggy mage
>Die to Moonlight butterfly because only melee
>Have to summon

Fuck that boss.

Dancer is why I tracked down the binoculars. Best girl in the damn series.

If you dodge a few times, Butterfly lands and waits so you can hit it a few times. Looks a bit silly, but you can easily solo it that way once you figure out when to roll.

Twin Princes fight is based

I think Wolnir was supposed to be a horde type boss where you have to get through groups of skeletons to reach him and break bracelets while he advances with his death fog. Instead he takes so long to summon skeletons that most people kill him before any of them can spawn.

Music was cool.
Fire attacks were cool.
He is like a player doing common attacks but in a perfect level.
Maybe you just played it when you were at a high level, but if you do it when he can kill you with 2 strikes he is absolutely good.

I wonder what fromsoft were thinking when they made wolnir. The fight is dissapointing as fuck. And there is SoC, NK, Princes, GOD TIER bosses. How can they create something so good and bad in the same game?

Same here. Never understood why it was that famous. Final battle was excelent for me

How did you guys beat him?

>Max defenses/fire resistance with fire plate ring while still being able to fast roll
>Cathedral Knight Great Sword
>Hit him as much as I can, recklessly even , during first phase
>On Second Phase I took my distance, waited for his jump attack where he's open for an instant to strike, retreat and repeat

Still died a fuckton due to eventual mistakes, but eventually I managed.

It depends on the player's gameplay style. Personaly i found THE CHAMP to be the hardest on my first playthrough. Spent about a hour and a half trying to kill him.

>tfw had to exploit him to win by finding out he'd just walk if you kept a safe distance

>literally air juggles you
>You cant do this in the game btw :^)

Fuck that boss.

I think that's the cool stuff about bosses

Welcome to souls games newfag.

I don't know what other people thought of Gundyr, but I beat him on my first try thanks to parrying. Ran out of estuses and had only a sliver of health, but the Pontiff was way more of a challenge to me.

I've played all of them and I still hate that move fick you.

My friend thought it was an extremely disappointing and easy final boss, and I tend to agree with the easy part. I think the boss leans too heavily on the nostalgia factor. Gehrman was a much better final/semifinal.

DS1 bosses felt more like some monstrous shit out in the world fucking you up because you turned a corner.

DS3 bosses feel like prepared arena's.

Mechanically DS3 bosses were more consistently better but they were boring as fuck because the atmosphere was meh.

BB is fucking pissing me off
This game makes me so unbelievably furious, it's like the collision maps and hit detection is complete dog shit. I'm so fucking sick of dying from attacks that don't even hit me and attacks that visibly hit an enemy not doing any damage. Also who the fuck thought it was a good idea to require farming bullets and vials?

Demon's Souls, newfag

It was just a sequel, what DS2 must have been. Demon's Souls is more like that if you haven't tried it yet.

Because it was done in demon's doesn't make it a good mechanic.

Wolnir is the biggest humanoid in the series, senpai.

Did they fix poise in DaS3 yet?

Or are they just going to let one mechanic ruin the game like they did with adaptability in DaS2?

I think DS3 did pretty good on the surprise encounters, with the numerous minibosses in the overworld. Those Winged Knights where more surprising than any boss fight.

Does for nostalgiafags.

Dragon God is bigger

You can't actually be this retarded...

1. Artorias
2. Kalameet
3. Sif
4. Guacamole
5. Lothric and Lorian
6. Guardian Dragon
7. Sanctuary Guardian
8. Ornstein and Smough
9. Probably Manus or something
10. Pontiff

Honourable mention to Yhorm and Storm King for looking and feeling cool as hell.

I haven't finished Bloodborne yet and anyone who's going to complain about me can send me a PS4 to play it on.

He was a good fight I agree. Prolly in the top five, he wasn't the best one for me though.

>And faster bosses are harder to fight and anticipate their moves
No.

DaS3's shit is so easy you can roll around the arena and keep from dying while most of them go swinging off into the distance, because their combos are too long and result in a clusterfuck of misses.

Agreed