twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

0 A presses when?

-0.5 A presses in parallel universe by holding speed for

HOURS
O
U
R
S

This is what happens when pannen presses A.

youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

When the Great Pole of A Presses is overcome.

Half an a press doesn't make sense.
Pressing a is pressing a. Just because you don't release it doesn't make it half a press.

>When the Great Pole of A Presses is overcome.
?

What is the minimum number of A presses needed to beat Mario 64?

Right now it's 1.

Pannenkoek has a any% run of the game down to literally 1 A press that is getting off the pole in Bowser in the Fire Sea

and that 1 is due to a pole on BitFS that requires an A press to dismount.
youtube.com/watch?v=E6UhkHRF_3Q

>1

What's the end goal here? Did we reach it already or is it 0 A presses or something stupid like .5 or - .5 A presses?

It's 1, the goal is 0

a a press is a a press

The absolute goal is 0.

For the record, .5 A presses is just annotation for when he holds down the A button during a course, held over from the last point he needed to jump. It doesn't add a new a press for the record.

these threads are just a pathetiv excuse for ribbit and newfags to spam memes they saw on the 4chainz

That's not true, there are plenty of other stars that still take a few a-presses.

The goal is to get as few as possible in a 100% run of the game. Getting 0x in any% is always a goal but that pole is tricky.

Also sadly no 0.5 A presses, that only works if you look at a single star video in the context of a whole run, a whole run itself can't be 0.5

what if you don't press A, but instead you let go

Keyword: Any%
He's just trying to beat the game, not go for all the stars

An A press is an A press, you can't say it's only a half.

i bet he also believes that you can have 0.99999999999~ A presses

so is he going to put together a full playthrough any time soon?

I wish this nigger would upload more videos with commentary.

Wow, it's like you don't know what you're talking about.

The video in question explains all this shit in the first few minutes. 0.5x A press is annotation. In a full run, it's one whole press, but in just that level, it's not adding any extra presses to the run.

Probably never. They wants to be able to do it in 0 A presses before he does it, but their last A press is probably impossible to get rid of.

Can someone please explain this meme?

Except he's still actually pressing the button. Releasing only allows him to do another press and get 2.

0.5 A presses is head canon levels of reality bending.

lurk more

I have, I've been in 3 of these threads over the past couple weeks, have yet to see an explanation.

wow 3 whole threads you're on your way champ

>I'm a retard

That's all I got out of your post.

DELETE THIS

STOP. They does two levels, each requiring the A button to be held. They does it in only one A press.

So tired of explaining you retards every single night.

He has playlists made for the 120 star abc run but it's horribly out of date

He's holding the button.
He pressed it before he entered, so for whatever particular star he's doing, it doesn't count.

Honestly this is meme of the year. Nothing else has given me more entertainment than that video did.

watch
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

>person/group of people does a challenge run of SM64 using as few a presses as possible
>people didn't understand what a half A press means
>makes a video explaining it as clearly as possible
>retards still don't understand after having it spelled out for them
>retards turn it into a meme because the video is outlandish
>memers pretending to be retarded latch onto it

it's just people pretending to be retarded.

How will he contain his autism after he got 0 A presse though

What do you do in this situation, Cred Forums?

No B presses run.

How do you kill bowser without pressing B?

build up speed for 12 hours

Kill myself by building speed for 12 hours and misaligning my QPUs, leaving me to rot in an empty dimension of nothing.

I got that, but why is it always a picture of that enemy?

Has Cred Forums ever been QPU misaligned?

Scuttlebugs were the most relevant enemy in that video cause he needed to bounce off a scuttlebug he made float in mid air to get to the star

You're hanging out at the club with your gf when Pancake shows up and half-grabs your gf's ass. "HELP ME, TJ ""HENRY"" YOSHI!" your gf screams! What do you do?

I'm just curious, does he literally spend 12 hours trying to gain speed?

Press A.

>trying

>Has enough passion to master this autistic self mode challenge
>Has even more passion to the point he makes a highly detailed video including graphs and diagrams with clean images ripped straight from the game and self made animations
>Has more Passion for half-A presses than Romeo for Juliet, allowing him to publicly call out, correct and even go as far as to RIDICULE TJ "Henry" Yoshi
I wish I had a fraction of this passion in ANYTHING in my life.

He will begin playing mario sunshine

run before the nigga warps us to a different timeline

Press A

>fight pannenkoek
>get him to his final phase
>he has secretly been building up speed this whole time
>he starts using the A button

Thank you.

An ass-grab is an ass-grab, you can't say it's only half.

The amount of autism this game has created permeates the seems of reality. This will be the undoing of all creation.

>smoke a lot of weed
>dude lmao
>want to walk to taco bell
>suddenly realize my QPUs are misaligned
>try to align them by walking aimlessly
>end up back home
>try again
>QPUs are still misaligned
>go outside
>end up at mcdonalds

>le ebin a press maymay XD

You can't half grab an ass. Someone explained the different parts of an ass grab earlier, but it doesn't work like this.
You can't transfer the hold from one person to another. You will always do both parts on the same person, unlike an A press, which can be held into a different level without doing the first part in the new level. While there are similarities, you can't really compare them.

>he warps to a different PU and starts attacking you without you being able to attack back
>he summons a jamboree of scuttlebugs to keep you busy while he build up enough speed to use his ultimate move

Put your trip on, """Henry""""

>Cred Forums when Pannen does a 0 A press run of 64

>or something stupid like .5 or - .5 A presses?

A half A press alone is not possible in the context of a full game run, half A presses only exist in context of levels, having the A press occur in the castle.

>he entered the club grabbing your gf's ass

Anyone have the angry crying Wojack TJ edit? It's my favourite Wojack.

>vertical PUs

>implying that you transfer the hold between different people

do I really have to explain this again?

What if he was holding A before the game booted?

You're playing with fire there user, watch yourself.

so if u push the power button but dont let go, u only half turned off the game?

Every button press is a hold.
Every hold is a button press.

He's fucking pressing the button.

>it doesn't count

Who said it doesn't count? The guy who came up with the term in the first place? How convenient.

Mario can lock his enemies in limbo. Just look at this. youtube.com/watch?v=HlLGbZ0CcrY

Holding the button isn't a press.

>No videos since last week
Did he die?

What is so hard to understand about this?

You can divide the ass grab into three different parts, the slap, the hold and the release, but due to the different nature of it, it makes no sense to talk about half ass grabs. You can't use the slap portion at one point, and then keep the hold portion for another situation.
0.5 A press is a meta-A-press that counts in some situations, but not in other situations.
You don't have any equivalent for ass grabs. You can't get any use out of an ass grab where you don't do every part of it. On one person, you HAVE TO do both the ass slap, and the ass hold. You could keep your hand there for extended periods of time, and get more out of it, but it will still be a full ass slap on that person, there is no possible situation where you can discount it.

Honestly though, a more correct term would be A-input variation, and there wouldn't be half, only 1. A press and a release would make 2 A-input variations.

I get 0.5x A presses has reached meme status, but at least you wouldn't be raping semantics to suit your autism and people would actually understand what this is all about.

There is still no such thing as half an A press.
The entire A press was done at the start, during the level there was no A press.

it's funny how even after all this time people still don't get it

When you count how many A presses you need for that level, you count it as 0.5 because it disappears if you need any A presses before that, but it still counts as an A press.

It has already been an established term in fighting games for at least a decade, where it is called the negative edge of a button press, taken from electronics.

The half-A press notation is only to indicate quickly that you do indeed have to hold the A button down in order to do the level successfully

It's legitimate autists who can't comprehend a term might have non-literal meaning depending on the context. Just ignore them

You're saying A isn't pressed down in the level?

Except he's right? Pannenkek didn't press the button A at all during the level because it only held it from before starting the level, so "in le context of le level" it's 0 A presses. He did it!

That's why it's only used as a notation, dipnut. In a full game run, you can "carry over" the A-press from the castle; in a single level run, you'd have to press A in the level.

The notation for this is 0.5 A-presses, he's not trying to say he pressed a button half a time.

Nice try """""""""""Henry"""""""""""

Wouldn't it be more like this?

So it IS a press, not half. How exciting!

That's correct, it's held.

Yeah that's what we've been telling you for the past 9 months

You press a button to be able to hold it.
1 press 0 releases

Yes, and it was pressed before the level started.
No buttons were pressed during the level.

*warps to your PU*
*builds up speed for 12 hours*
watch your words, kiddo

So it's not a press. Therefore it can't be half a press.

Which game would be suitable for Pannenkoek to tackle after he's done with SM64, Cred Forums?

Ocarina of Time?
Ape Escape?

Real life.
He will break reality.

Ocarina of Time is sadly the most obvious answer. Ape Escape would have been out of this world.

Isn't that example backwards? In a full run in which both the castle and course take place, there are three button presses; you can count them there. The first starts in the castle and finishes in the course plus two full presses entirely in the course. In the context of only the course, it would be 2 and a half since the first one starts outside of the context of the course and the second "half" of that press happens, followed by two full presses. At least, that's how I understood it.

Mario 64 DS

Post of the year

Could he get past the pole with a cartridge tilt? Or is that not allowed?

Wait, what kind of autism can even be done in Ape Escape?

But holding the button influences certain actions, such as if you have a wing cap mario descends more slowly, so it can't be counted as nothing because it does influence the game

The real question is what's the minimum number of a and b presses to beat the game?

Fuck if I know, locked in place second analog? 4 catches in less than 5 seconds?

Paper Mario would be the obvious next step.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-CSuNA23kM

It's still not half a press, and fuck if it's used on fighting games, doesn't stop it from being stupid.

People like just blindly accept it with no question and wouldn't mind having pannenkoek's cock thrusted in their ass every day.

What is your favourite jump Cred Forums? I like Pharah's Jump jet. It's fast and exciting.

youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A?t=136
2:08 "So, how many A presses is that total? Well, it appears to be three, and if we were doing this star in isolation, then yeah, it would be three"

He then goes on to explaining how there are other A-presses that are used previously in the run

The "Half-A Press" refers to a scenario when, in a full run, you can use three presses instead of four by making the first A-press of the course leech off the A-press used before the course.

If you were to count only the course, it would still count as three because you need to press the button regardless, but because the first A-press simply requires the button to be held (which does different things from being pressed), it can be "saved" by leeching off the previous one in a full run, and as such is called a "half A-press", he explains it further in the video

or something like that it's 3AM and I'm tired

>explains that A press has 3 stages
>somehow pressing and holding A is 0.5 A press

kys

>>somehow pressing and holding A is 0.5 A press
That's not what 0.5 A press means, "Henry"

>after he's done with SM64
You don't understand the nature of SM64, you can't be "done" with SM64. Pannenkoek will simply find increasingly obscure and autistic things in the game to obsess over until he dies.

Could pancake beat D4C?

dmc4 for the love of god. Imagine all that new tech

0.5 presses would count as 1 press anyway

what will panonkek do when he completes the game with 0 a presses?

>fighting pannen
>he finally starts getting tired
>"psh, this was just a warm up"
>youtube.com/watch?v=heqvwbMuzuM
>he removes his cape
>starts using A presses
>can't even see him
>teleports behind you
>"nothing personel, kid"
>he misaligns your QPUs and presses the A fuck out of your ass

He will force it to press the A button for him by exploiting glitchy memory jumps to rewrite the A input code in real-time so it is pressed at all times except when physically pressed (acting as a depressing).

There, he will finally complete the game with -1 A presses.

Look, I'll fucking explain it to you.

Okay, obviously, you can't half press the A button. No fucking shit, that wouldn't make any sense. But, sometimes you can press the A button to jump, and then continue holding it down to get more airtime or hang from a ledge or something.

So, say you jump to enter a level, and then continue holding down the A button inside the level in order to get more airtime. You have pressed the A button one time.

So, how many times do you need to press A to finish the level? That's where the .5 comes in. In the context of the entire game, you don't need to press the A button to complete the level. You pressed it earlier to do something else outside of the level, and you just kept holding it down. You didn't need to press it again. But in the context of only that level, you do need to have pressed the A button at some point in order to complete it. So, it's recorded as .5 for that purpose.

>Fighting Pannen
>Get Him to Low health
>Starts raising Scuttlebugs from the floor.
>Uses BLJ's to bounce around the walls near the ceiling while throwing Bob-ombs from HOLP's
>Can only hit him if you bounce on a Scuttlebug and hit him down
>And this is before he even involves QPU's

It does when the game is looking for the release of the button to finish the action state.

Thanks for not calling it autism, passion needs to make a comeback.

seams

Sorry to be a joykill but when the console boots, it assumes that the state of the button will be in the unpressed state.

So he can't even do the usual tricks from holding the A button because the game doesn't think it's pressed/held to begin with.

youtube.com/watch?v=QTa4POsAmJc

>well okay, this is neat I guess, he's sliding fast up that wall
>suddenly he starts building up speed
>then uses that speed to fucking walljump into the red coins

Jesus christ.

In DK64, if you press B while moving with Diddy he'll do a cartwheel. I like pulling off a jump midway through the cartwheel.

This is fucking ridiculous

How do they even figure out where to jump? everything has to be lined up perfectly or else it wouldn't have work

>How do they even figure out where to jump?
In that video, he didn't.

He says that he just mashed A non-stop until he got the coin and star.

I don't know what would be more impressive that he actually had calcualted it or that no matter where he jumps he ends up getting it by jumping straight

In a full run he has to eventually release the A button. Even if it's a "half press" for the purpose of that star, he's still pressing the A button fully in the end.

I'd wager that the game isn't possible to complete with 0 A presses. He will probably settle for "least amount possible".

The damn fools shoulda just called it an A-Hold.

>ctrl + f "jamboree"
>only 1 result

disappointed

He couldn't stroke his ego to the point of public masturbation if he worded it like that, tho.

AYY YO HOL UP

I love these videos
never really played sm64 but fuck these are interesting.

brilliant

HOW WILL HE RECOVER

well cmon man, if i hold the button down and then release it much later time and I want to describe the events that transpire when I press and then later when I release, I'd probably myself go with "halfway through an A press" and his verbiage, however cringy his presentation, doesn't fall that far from my own.

QPU manipulation IS D4C and much more

test

perfect

>mfw nintendo won meme of the year with only half an A press

THE MADMAN JUST RELEASED A NEW VIDEO youtu.be/yvxdLH1ejaA

>a 9 minute video on blinking youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA

So why did they ban him from speed runs?

>Blinking
>over 8 minutes long
Pannenkoek is a national treasure.

>partial blinks are weighed as 0.5
a blink is a blink, you can't say it's only a half

>Bowser can blink even when you have the game paused

That would've scared the kid me.

>8 minute video on blinking

THE MADMAN

Nevermind, the eternally blinking penguin changed my mind.

>Penguins too but much closer

He was too good.

>cuts out before peach kisses mario
autist confirmed

>Blinking

What was their official response?
Why would the people take that decision seriously?

>no A press no B press challenge

Oh boy
also
>goombas blink their irises
What the fuck

you think too little youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmvvhlevqC2fXLL55ZQT1cesNmM2qHPn1
everything in cartoons does that

I mean I guess goombas blinking their entire eyes would look weird, and I hadn't noticed this up until this video, so it's at least not weird looking

>glitchy memory jumps

What do you mean?

>Wall Kicks Will Work

Wait what, this man can't be stopped. I need to see this video

>clones and teleports Bob-ombs all over the battlefield
>there is nothing you can do to stop him

Legit question, can Mario use the vertical PU glitch to go pass the pole? I remember that on THAT map he could have infinite health thanks to a glitch about the heart

If Pannen makes a game, what do you think is going to be like?

He didn't get banned, his submissions were disqualified for bending the rules.

youtube.com/watch?v=oMU09py1yTA&list=PLmvvhlevqC2fXLL55ZQT1cesNmM2qHPn1&index=8

That's the name of the level, not a statement about his abilities

No yeah I know
I think he addressed that in this video, not sure but I think he did, the answer is no if he did address it.
youtube.com/watch?v=E6UhkHRF_3Q

>this psychopath made Mario jump around on fire for like a week straight

>yfw you'll never find a girl who's blinking intertwines with yours

So why is this even important to him? Why is less A presses good in any way?

do you even know how many a-presses that was

An actual 1 press, or some meme calculation of 0.5 + 0.5 presses?

>take my hat off
>do a "hat in the hand glitch" to clone one of the dancers' pole
>release a clone on his face
>now he's trapped

If you actually have any problem comprehending why he says .5 A presses you have mental problems.

deleted :^)

Mario games are about jumping, and he's trying to beat Mario 64 without jumping at all.

The "A" button is what makes Mario jump. This clearly defines as what counts as a jump and what doesn't. Things like walking off a ledge, or diving with the B button, while both involving vertical movement, wouldn't be relevent to the challenge because they aren't done with the "A" button.

>STOP.
Fuck off you goddamn sperg.

I could swear he jumps between fucking with the scuttlebug and fucking with "parallel universes"
The dumbest part is 12 hours btw

There is passion but what these retards are doing with Mario 64 is not passion, it's unbridled autism based on mindless repetition.

oh man let me guess, we have one of the retards who thinks he actually builds up speed for 12 hours with the controller in his hands

>no a press run
>have to press a to select the file

DELETE THIS

I see it.
I FUCKING SEE IT.

You can press start.

How could you delete the file, without an A press?

It's a B press.

If he's holding the A button and then presses B, it interprets that as if he's doing an A -> B jump kick.

That's how he does a lot of the jumping without extra A presses. He had a bit where he explains the jump kick the only way he also gets the elevators to move at all.

Beat the game with A-presses
Travel back in time and kill yourself
Game gets completed and nobody pressed a (in this timeline)

Even if you did, how would you know? Just... never notice them blinking or something?

huh

go back in time and kill everyone at nintendo who worked on mario 64 so no one in existence ever presses a

loss.

this meme is so out of hand

how did it get so popular i dont understand

What if we erase the letter A from existence?

It's been building up speed

shhhhh its ok little one

I played Mario like 20 years ago and I thought the jump kicks didn't look like that

Fuck you and everything you love

I would actually really be interested in a video on his thoughts on that game
As you just showed, we already have a guy covering it.

>that Mario and Peach blinking

They're totally winking at each other.

its eyes follow you

t. j """"""""""""""""""henry"""""""""""""""""" yoshi

shuddersome

He sent in a submission that consisted of things like crawling non-stop the entire way from start to goal, glitching the game so it would crash the moment he completed a goal, and basically just trolling the judges in general. So they banned him and made some weak tweet about refusing to talk about submissions that don't take the competition seriously.

If I remember right it was because at the last minute they made some sort of rule change that screwed over all of his runs and was basically a fuck you to him, so he made a submission that was a fuck you back to them and then everyone is mad.

Please no. Obsessive delusional autists like him end up being school shooters.

I never figured out something--how does he control when to go from building speed to warping? Does he press something (obviously not A) or let go of something to do that?

A C button press is a button press, you can't say it isn't

Good idea. You don't see anyone using anymore.

Technically it's a 2/3rd press. Press, hold, release. You're 2/3rds there.

0.5 a presses doesn't refer to the physical state of the button being pressed.

Releasing a button isn't half a press, that's retarded.

I wonder what sort of shame Miyamoto would feel if he was aware of the sort of autism is creations have inspired.

>the pic made from my rough sketch is still being posted
Noice

Fine then, if you're referring to it in software terms. It's technically coded as a button press and a button depress. The act of pushing the button ticks it to 1 and it's pressed. Release and it's registered as a depress and reverts to 0.

Yeah, that's the focal point here. Ignore the rest of the autistic bullshit involved in the videos.

Listen, if there's one person out there who isn't gonna hoverhand, its Pannen.

He's gonna grip that shit and not let go.

Once his qpu step is aligned, the game will recognize that every quarter step is above land, and Mario will move. Until then, Mario will not move. For multiple qpu steps, I think he must keep his angle misaligned until he is ready, at which point he adjusts his angle.

Probably just by slightly adjusting his angle. Remember that the PU grids in the video are not to-scale; the actual level is usually a small part of the entire cell which is mostly empty space, so unless Mario is nearly exactly facing along a PU axis his first quarter-step usually won't be valid, keeping him stationary.

im 35

That's assuming the entire hold press is used.

He never lets go of the A button for the star.

The A button is pressed and held before getting in, and held throughout the whole thing.

If anything, for the star alone it'd be "less than 0.33 of an A press" because it's some sub-segment of the entire hold phase.

It has nothing to do with software either. It's a notation and nothing else. You could do five stars with "0.5 presses" and if they're done with the same press it's obviously a single press.

This guy will die in a ditch mumbling about buttons

>Possible
false

PARALLEL
WORLDS

guess 0,5 A presses is my favourite meme this year

you fucking retard. a button has 3 states: pressed, held, released.
pressed is counted as a 1, released is a 0.

now tell me what comes in between?

Maybe never. We're so close though, just 1 A press left. Someone needs to figure out that stupid fucking pole.

One, it's parallel UNIVERSES you scrub

Two, even if he could build up PU speed there (and he can't), it wouldn't help him

youtube.com/watch?v=22C91t8dtYk

PWs are new tech, separate from PUs

Top kek

I remember him saying it would actually solve the problem, but his current method to achieve PU speed requires A presses anyway

HOW DOES HE ALWAYS UPLOAD A NEW VIDEO WHEN THERES A THREAD UP
THIS HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES NOW

Cred Forums: Your scuttlebug porn source

>Game punish you for full-pressing A in the first your first run
I'll never sell among normalfags because is too hard.

Maybe in an alternate PU I could finally have a qt Scuttlebug waifu.

>alternate parallel universe

shh its okay Im just dumb.

Why would he feel shame for this?

I can only hope to create something that inspires one one-hundredth of this level of autism

damn

>McDonalds in other PUs are empty
>Because there are no objects, there are no burgers, fries, or even cashiers

>They are haunted

fuck off ""henry""

>it was locked by a rusty master combination lock. We didn't have time to figure out the combination, so Zach pulled out his gun and shot at it. it was finally unlocked
every time

>Mario and Peach have alternating blink cycles
That's adorable

I think it's kinda mean to make fun of him for calling it a half press.
I mean it would be worse if he called it an a hold.

Peach with a Bowser collar always is fucking hot

Explain to me what a pedro spot is.

Or link the video that does.

any spot where Mario is stuck between ceiling and wall where he can build up speed.

artist?

To be fair, these threads are up a lot.

We should reach out to Pan.

Neocoill
or not

thx

That's exactly what he says in the fucking video you stupid retard.

What!? He's been holding A down this entire time??!!

>His TAS competition submissions
Check out this SPEED
youtu.be/5XhmvYAm5lU?t=358

>>>>""""""Henry"""""

>Enter Shifting Sand Land and get Mario into his swimming animation in the course. You may not press the 'A' button.
>you may not press the 'A' button

oh dear

It was even better than I anticipated

Bullshots were even worse in the old days but because of taht you could tell they were fake.

the threads are always up around the same hour of the day, and it happens to be his upload time

Why are we all obsessed with this phenomenon? Why can't there be more content from other games like this?

>Ape Escape?
>Ape Escape would have been out of this world.
this is the game I would like to do, it's my favourite. I'd love to be as dedicated as pannenkoek.

>there's 2 steps to an action
>you only perform 1 step
>you performed half an action

>enter golf course with club raised
>hit a hole in one
>get a score of 0.5

not how it works mister

Reminder

Some people like cute girls doing cute things user.

You can test the theroy out on xbox on ps4 juwt press a or x on anything on the dash then move off it and release a or x and what you pressed a or x on wont boot becasue half presses exist

youtube.com/watch?v=HlLGbZ0CcrY

>Pannen trapping Koopa the Quick in a nightmare realm of negative animation movements through object cloning
WON'T SOMEBODY STOP THIS MADMAN

if he presses it before entering the level, then releases it that isn't 0.5x a press. that's a button release. as soon as the button is depressed it is called a press. the release is it's own thing. he's kind of autismal for not realizing this. he doesn't use any a presses in the level at all.

Don't you faggots realise you've been wrong the whole time? An a press consists of 3 parts, the hold is just one part. Therefore this is a third of an A-press, not a half. Debate me.

They're called degenerates

>liking girls
>being a degenerate

>weeb trash

The only non degenerate if it's stuff that I like.

captcha:123

the notion is describing something more profound than the physical state of the button, it is in fact describing the superposition of a simultaneous press and hold, i.e. both a press and not a press depending on your frame of reference.

>I didn't even have time to eat fries.

what would happen if I vote in November with half a press

>Sir, other people want to cast their votes, please release the button
>FUCK OFF YOSHISHILL, THIS IS OPTIMAL

Henry is secretly a Reptilian IRL desu

t. /x/

How the fuck was any of this even discovered? What was the process for developing these theories into practice?
>exploting a game glitch to get an enemy into an impossible position and then building up an impossible amount of speed which will allow you to clip into a parallel universe and from there keep skipping universes to change your position on the real map so that you can then get into the optimal position to land on a Scuttlebug so that you boost off it so that you can complete a fucking Mario 64 level without pressing the A button
He should write a thesis about this or something.

He should break OoT next

OoT is already ludicrously broken

How much more broken could that game possibly get though?

all those years you could have spent researching mario

and all you did was shitpost on Cred Forums

>FUCK OFF YOSHISHILL, THIS IS OPTIMAL

First good kek I've had in a while

what's so challenging about it? I'm sorry but I never played the game

Good lad

It's not difficult, it's just a goal set for TASers to get either as fast as possible or whatever playaround nonsense to achieve.

it was worth every second of it

youtube.com/watch?v=0eTQW7hQP1Q

Grand showdown between teleporting ElectricalBeast and no A pressing pannenkoek when

Can someone link the any% 1xA press run? I can't seem to find it for some reason.

Or am I being a retard?

I don't think there's a complete run anywhere, but the individual mandatory levels and castle navigation have all been done with 0 a presses except BitFS

>it's a Pannenkoek boss fight
>he stops his attacks
>seems to relax for a bit, composing himself
>he finally looks up at you
>he states that you're a good opponent, and that you've forced him to use THAT
what does he do?

Disables his A-button limiters

>he wasn't relaxing
>he building his defacto speed

That's Phase 2, user.

>slowly shifts back and forth
>you look down
>scuttlebug appearing from underneath you

underrated

Oh ok, thanks man.

>"I'm sorry, user."
>he clones a cannonball in front of you
>you die immediately as your whole body contorts to impossible directions

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmvvhlevqC2d6vis077yFHuLJHYtTtqe_
That's the playlist for all the videos on it, the actual 70 star and 120 star routes are linked to in the google doc linked in the playlist description

>400 posts
>the A press debate has been going on for more than 9 months now

I love you fags

Did anyone save those SM64 multiplayer greentexts?

>thought pankeka was a functional autist
>the John Carmack of M64
>he is just a pedophile weeb with a lot of free time

Welp.

">an A press has THREE parts"

How can he do an HALF A press when he clearly said that an A press has THREE parts? The correct term should be 0.66x A press.

This guy is totally retarded, in the end TJ """"""""""Henry"""""""""" Yoshi was right all the time.

Why does the reflection image on metal mario have a blue sky when HMC is underground?

Three parts to an a-press:

>onPress (one frame)
>hold (many frames)
>onRelease (one frame)

If you enter a level in the hold state, there are hold frames both before and after entering the level - therefore you're halfway through the hold state, and it quantifies half an A press total

Because one of those three parts (releasing) has no actual effect, so for the sake of notation he calls it half a press. Pretty simple

No. It has 2 states. On or off.
you can had the events of it changing, "pressing" and "releasing" But that makes it 4 states. Either way your wrong with 3 states.

0 B Press run

game featuring a pannenkoek boss fight fucking when?

>doing Ape Escape with half a R1 presses

That's not a bullshot, it's promo art.

I'm my opinion the judges deserved the bantz

There must be a way to get off that damn pole.

What if you set the HOLP to the exact point where Mario holds the pole while handstanding on the top?

What if you use VSC to do the ceiling upwarp?

What if you carry some sort of state into the course? I know that the HOLP is retained, but what else?

The autism that goes into this is astounding.

It's like a specific field of science, based on A-presses in a fucking mario game.

It just blows my mind.
Imagine this guy giving lectures to young speedrunners.

Sleep snug, scuttlebug

sleep snug, scuttlebug

>tfw i'm unironically enjoying Pancakes videos

>Cred Forums finally latches onto a meme that is interesting and endearing instead of some faggot shit forced by a tripfag or crossboarding redditors

why did it take this long? it's been literal years since the last time Cred Forums has produced anything funny or interesting

wow pannenkoek is cute

I wonder if you could conserve vertical speed into the pole and when exiting it

the thing is, I'm 100% sure Pannenkoek has tried every possible solution we coud come up with, so there's no point in discussing it
if we can come up with an idea, the guy surely has already tried it beforehand

>waiting in the boss room for pnnen to chllange me
>look out the window nd see suttlebug floting in the air
>pull my OT katna out
>pannen phase through the walls
>palms r swety hnds shking
>moms spegetti
>a

That doesn't make so much sense.
What would be the point of discussing, then?
The best would be summoning pancake in the thread

FUCK I FUCKED IT UP

The thing here is, we only know the techniques because of pannenkoek's videos. It's not going to be possible to come up with a new angle on it that he hasn't thought of if you're limited by what he's telling you. The trick would have to be trying this shit out yourself and trying to find a new viewpoint.

He did a video a little while ago addressing various potential ways of removing that A press, none worked sadly. Just gotta keep thinking

>you get him down to the last quarter of his HP
>Pancake's face, which as been contorted with rage, lightens
>the stress and anger fall away, leaving a peaceful smile that would be at home on someone asleep and dreaming well
>he directs his gaze to you, at peace with himself and you, knowing that at last he has found a worthy opponent
>he puts down his weapon, ineffective against your strength as it is
>standing back up, he reveals his final strategy: a single, blue button
>the boss music changes
>his limiters fall away
>the button is pressed
I hope you were guarding this turn, user

Because he stops in the middle of the three parts of the press

You're in the castle, when this guy raises your scuttlebug, what do you do?

Keep in mind that he has 12 hours, and access to a slope directly below a ceiling

When Pannen eventually finds a way around that pole where will he go from there?

Will he move to another game to try and beat with a silly limitation? Or will he stay and just dissect SM64 until it's as flat as roadkill?

If mario enters a PU he can't hurt me, PUs don't contain any objects which would include myself
While he goes into a PU I would move my scuttlebug back

He won't stop with 64 until he can find a way to beat the game 100% with no a presses

>interesting and endearing
This is the most joke-less and boring meme I've seen all decade. Like Cred Forums has reached apex of actual autism calling other things autism.

Do you seriously, unironically prefer HEY GUYS to pancake memes?

because its a cubemap you fucking retard

>golf points are based on how you swing

not how it works """henry"""

You're missing the point of my question
Why is the cubemap texture of an outdoor environment with a blue sky when that has nothing to do with the actual surroundings?

How is this thread still up 17 hours later?

we're building up speed

>those eyebrows

anyone have the "mommy mommy that man is building his de facto speed" comic?

kek thanks, gets me every time

Memes aside, is the sheer insanity and depth of the physics and fundamentals behind Mario 64's mechanics intentional or was it just the only way they could get such a robust movement system to work in the wild west days of early 3D?

I mean, compared to the way its contemporaries move, SM64's mechanics are straight-up alien technology from the 31st century. Hell, it's considerably better than 3D games of this generation.

>releases his build up de facto Speed
>presses the A button

Gets me too, no problem

What video does this build up speed for 12 hours stuff come from?

every game would seem that weird if you ripped it apart like he did with SM64

watch for rolling rocks 0x a press

where it all began

Well has someone ripped apart another game to this extent? I'd be interested in seeing that

A shame Yuru Yuri is hot trash.

Yeah, true. There's not much point making suggestions because Pannen and his ilk have probably already thought of everything, except there's the slight possibility that they've overlooked something.

Except pressing down the putting puts Mario in a different control mode. The actions and movements you can perform with him changes, effectively creating a second, "half" stage. So, tell me then how many A presses you press under a level when the button is already held down before the level even starts? Because he didn't press the button in the level, he can only release it.

Yes, I realize that I might seem autistic, but the fact that pannenkoek goes into such scientific detail about this simple game fascinates me.

>half the video was "HURR TRY AND CLONE STAR?!"

OoT any% speedrunning

scuttlebug > bottlebug

prove me wrong

protip

respondorspooks

kek

Is there a video of this ? How long does it take to complete the game this way?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

He spends a little too long explaining half a press notation but then the tas tricks he uses to beat the stage without A are pretty interesting

it's a side effect of the game being programmed optimally for the hardware limitations. you need to 'cheat' to get things to work perfectly, and if someone knows how you cheated , they can take advantage of that.

not that 'cheating' is essentially bad, it's just required to get things to work smoothly under normal conditions on very weak hardware. every game has it to some extent, even modern ones. you can kiln skip in DS1 by exiting the game while you warp to the kiln bonfire after resting at it, because upon loading the game won't load the bonfire area, and instead the kiln. it's just because the game has a certain load order and because you know it, if you time it correctly, you take advantage of that load order to break the game.

Also nintendo didn't had the luxury of using literally 20 years of beta testing to find all those things.

How about a 0 analog press??? Use your mind powers to move your character

You know nothing of pancake man's power

youtu.be/6eX9CSEeIhc

Sauce?

How can you have half an A press if there's 3 parts to an A press?

Should there be a film adaptation of Pannenkoek?

*Scuttlebug*
*Scuttlebug*
You press the half A into my part
You send my sprite sky high when my lungin' starts
Scuttlebug into my brain
Goes to jamborees 'til my legs do the same
But something's bugging you
Something ain't right
My AI told me what you did last night
Left me lungin' in this thread
I was rising, but I should have lunged at you instead

wew

the only function for the release of A is to allow another push of A, so it's ignored

>mfw watching this video

AAAAAAAA

>AAAAAAAA
You could have saved these A presses, user...

that's still 2/3 of an A press not half

Can we give a different name to "half a press"

The concept of doing a half a press makes no fucking sense, you can't even physically half press a button, it's either pressed or not pressed.

D4C can travel to PUs without building up speed for 12 hours. Assuming he built up the speed before the fight maybe.

Dank

It's half of the functional states of an A press

>He completes a school shooting in half a trigger pull

"holding A"
Easy, but pancake likes to give stuff fancy names such as QPUs and 0.5 A press

Ok, so I get the whole "half an A press" thing, and I think I understand the deal with scuttlebugs and building up speed

What the fuck is the whole "parallel universes" thing?

i've never played SM64

>implying that you can't shoot up a school by holding the pressing the trigger outside the school and holding it down as you walk through the door

Watch the video dude.

I did

>What the fuck is the whole "parallel universes" thing?
Basically travelling to a different location in the map by building speed - watch any pancake video

Just keep the trigger held down from a previous shooting.

sorry I got so excited

Look at all you losers trying to get past the BitFS pole without A presses haha. Even if it were possible to get past me without pressing A I bet you fags couldn't find it.... haha

oh, that's much less complicated than I expected

It is, pancake gives fancy names to have fun

>the trigger was already held when he entered the building

There's a modulo operator in math that wraps numbers around a certain limit.
11 modulo 4 is 3 because subtracting 4 from 11 without going into negatives will leave you with 3 before you can't do it anymore.

In SM64, modulo applies to mario's collision detection, but not mario himself. so mario can go outside of the course's boundaries and not fall down because his collision detection is still "wrapped around" inside of the regular course.

He just calls each of these areas he can technically walk around out of bounds a "Parallel Universe".

I'm actually glad Pannenkoek explained what parallel universes were. I knew for years if you backwards long jumped on an elevator enough times, you'd warp out of the map to an invisible land. I never knew exactly what it was until I saw his video.

>tfw I was in the thread where everything started and even met ""Henry"" before he got his newfag ass banned.

How many REAL A presses are in a run?
Not the autism of half presses, pressing the A button is a press, doesnt matter what you do, a press is a press there is no such thing as a half press.

Stop shitposting """""""Henry"""""""

In a full run a .5x A press rounds down to 0.

>0.5 rounds down to 0
This is just not how math works

Replace "rounds down to zero" with the floor function then if you want to be proper

In a full run, there are still required A presses. If you keep the button held down from those, you can do every single .5x A press stars without incurring another A press.

The fuck? I was just thinking about this video on my way home from job.

Then No A runs are impossible since you have to press A atleast once.

You only need to press A as long as that dam pole is a problem

Why the fuck am I watching this?

this fucking newfag.

This unsettles me

spooky

I want more commentaries from him

those make me laugh from him saying this all outloud

Summers over faggot try again next time

a half-A press in the context of an overall playthrough is 1

I don't get your autism here, he's quite clearly explained why he calls them half-A presses.

He plays on emulators, he can set up the machine to stay in an specific motion, select fast-forward and build up speed for months or years if it's needed (this still takes time though, so it's not optimal).

Koopa can eventually escape, it just takes him a while.

Why doesn't he just paint over the A button and put something else there

Bam, zero a presses, easy as shit.

Would work?

>>moms spegetti
>>a
Why is this funny

Wow, 450 more posts of this unfuny shit.

The fourth panel doesnt look anything like loss.

There is a guy trying to complete Mario 64 DS without B presses

Your mom was an unfunny shit.

Yes.

I thought it said global warming timer

And yet here you are.

The syncing speeds don't decline nicely so we need to build speed for 25 hours

Pancake has done some crazy shit by messing with the game's internal memory calculations and exploiting item physics, how come he hasn't told us anything about the three Bowser keys? I mean, surely he could just find a way to make the game think that he already has the key obtained from Bowser In The Fire Sea?

get out "henry" your kind ain't welcome here.

You can't just make the game think you have an item you never obtained somehow, it doesn't work that way

>462 replies, 98 images, 255 posters
The videos are genuinely interesting though, he puts a lot of effort into these self-challenges

In which video does he talk about this 12 hour bullshit?
If it's the half an A press video ay which point of the video does he start talkig about it?

Yeah, it would be like making the game think that Mario is standing on a specific spot on the map, when he is actually somewhere else. Or holding an item when you actually don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
Both in this one, half a press stuff is near the start I believe

The tide goes in, the tide goes out, you can't explain that. :^)

Which video was that from?

Kek

He can figure out this in-game bullshit AND make nice visual video presentations.
Is he some long lost child of elon musk?

""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""" woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning I guess

Autism

But that's not actually true
Since there are no objects in PUs
The N64 console will crash if you go to a PU
And let the camera follow you

is that in one run anywhere? or is it just the IL playlist right now?

>implying that a low-tide is a low-tide

I recognize that artstyle...

youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA

Half grabbing would mean grabbing it and never letting go.

>50 minutes later

CALLING ALL SPACE NIGGAZ

WHO /DRUNK/ HERE
>HALF PRESS

L M A O

>half squares

Build up speed for 12 hours

maybe we can't see other players in No Man's Sky because our QPU's are misaligned

>tfw you live in a PU with no love
not even half love

Literal bullshit. You have to press A to jump into the fucking paintings. How do you autists just not count that? It's part of the fucking game

>You have to press A to jump into the fucking paintings
If you are a scrub

No you don't, dive rolls go high enough to get into any painting except the big tiny hue island painting.

How does PK get into that one?

or is the run purely Individual Level at this stage

What if reincarnation is real and you were married when you died in your previous life? Maybe you actually have 0.5 loved ones.

You can push b to dive and then b again to do a little flip that just about gets you in the painting
>It's part of the fucking game
Tell me where it says you're required to push A?

He doesn't, it's an any% run

Well, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, hear me out:
KYS

Castle navigation A presses are counted in the full 100% ABC challenge, THI's big painting is one of the require A presses.

youtube.com/watch?v=mlHzqJn2SMs

>It´s the Henryheads try to hijack the thread but get blown the fuck out episode

So let me get this straight, he's "half pressing" A, but full tilting the stick doesn't count?

youtube.com/watch?v=SfgEmU3G4rE
NO JOYSTICK

>21 hours

Nice.

The half press meme is as funny as dat boi and harambe.

so uhhh

why did he have to crouch for that?

Just to fuck with the speedrun autists

What do you mean?
Do you know what a half-press is?

lol what an autist

dat boi ftw

>people complaining about "half A press"

If you ever take higher math, you would all die from ridiculous labels on definitions.

>clopen sets

Super Jumper

It's more possible than you'd think, an A press in JRB was recently shaved off 100% because someone just tried a different angle of something.