I'm about to play this for the first. What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XP7KRHY564M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When you finally leave the forest...

...Listen to the owl carefully. Don't spam the A button, otherwise you'll end up listening to him more than you want.

The Water Temple isn't as bad as people say.

a generation- (if not medium-)defining game, which means the actual thing is overwhelmed by and buried under all the nostalgia filters, overhyping, generalizing, and reductive contrarianism

don't think too hard of it as anything more than a game from 1997 and probably get off Cred Forums until you're done

A virtually flawless game for the genre. Good atmosphere, responsive controls, a nice if simple story and God tier pacing that starts out fast and keeps ejaculating as you go further

A lot of shitposting

fun

I always thought it was overrated and I played it at release

Majora's Mask is a much better realization of 3D Zelda

>don't spam the A button
based advice

A pretty damn good game. Play Majora's Mask after if you enjoy it.

A great game that greatly compliments an even greater game, Majora's Mask.

fucking great music
every area literally has nice music to listen to

water temple is easy, as long as you think in 3d and dont get lost. dont spam a when talking to people or you wont know what to do. 231 twenty-three is number one

>keeps ejaculating

An enjoyable little game that was vastly improved upon in future entries, but is still fun when viewed from a late 90s perspective.

>responsive controls
I'd probably agree, if not for fact that this game is in 17fps. I always feel like I'm fighting the controls in the original version.

also some of the songs you play with the ocarina are awesome

>water temple is easy, as long as you think in 3d
Thinking about it, that really was the dungeon that started making me think in 3D. Fuck, OoT really did have some amazing dungeons for the time.

i could remember all 20 or songs back in the day

now i cant remember any except for eponas song

down left right

down left right

if you're useing an emulator on PC remeber to limit the framerate, its really hard to play at 300 fps.

Don't just play straight through.
Theres a lot of shit to explore, tons of fine detailing, mad glitches to exploit.
You can spend hours fishing, making scarecrow songs, etc. Its the kind of game where just when you think you know everything, you discover something new.

Venture around, make your own way, and don't take it too seriously.

expect to find out sheik's ultra eagle

no nigger

^ < > ^ < >

The music in most Zelda games are amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=XP7KRHY564M

welp you cant even remember that so you should probably just

SO. MUCH. GAMEPLAY.

my favourite dungeon was the one in the gerudo desert, with all the light puzzles. it was almost as good as the stone tower in majoras mask

A great, timeless game that still holds up.

I mean, I kind of "get" that Cred Forums has been turning against the game due to "gamers" who totally LOVE Zelda! xD And who have probably never played another game in the franchise except for OoT and only talk about how much they like it out of nostalgia and all, but the game itself is amazing and genuinely one of the GOAT. It's the archetypal 3D action-adventure video game imo. Not even trying to overhype it, but what game DIDN'T pull from OoT?

What is the best texture pack for the game? Were any of them actually finished?

Best texture pack is the 3ds version.

What is sadly still the best 3D Zelda. This is not only the fault of Nintendo for making sequels that have more flaws but also other companies that make Zelda clones like Okami.

Ocarina is an amazing game but there really is no reason other than pure incompetence that it should still be the best Zelda.

I concur. I had the most fun playing the 3DS Master Quest.

If only they'd release a Majora's Master Quest.

Then I could die a happy man.

The building block of every 3d zelda that comes afterwards, besides majora. I just beat it for the first time a week ago. For being from 1998, it was better than most of its clones that came out in 2007-now. The forest temple is bad. The world feels pretty barren and its a very good game. Is it the best game ever? No. Is it the best Zelda game? no LTTP WW and MM are all better. But its important to play if you consider yourself a game enthusiast.

if you arent playing the original version, prepare for horrible butchered lighting and tons of censored content

>The forest temple is bad.
Nigga, you take that shit back.

>forest temple is bad. The world feels pretty barren and its a very good game. Is it the best game ever? No. Is it the best Zelda game? no LTTP WW and MM are all better.

everything you just said is factually wrong, especially MM and WW being better.

Objective best rating.

Water>Spirit>Shadow>Fire>Dodongo>JabuJabu>Deku>Forest

Truth. The original content has red blood.

... Later editions, mobs bleed green.
Some of the Gerudo symbols we're changed due to Muslims getting up in arms over moon shapes also.

None of this takes away from the story or gameplay. But this poster is correct.

Play the 3DS version. Much better.

>the same people who compare 2D games to 3D games also don't use commas when listing game titles
Not surprising.

dont forget a whole music track being made worse

and the actual blood adds so much to the final moments of the game, the green shit is so lame

Excuse me for being a lazy shit

The very best game ever made. Period.

Yeah, Muslims thought they heard prayer chants in the Original Fire Temple theme or some shit...

...Just two more reasons Muslims need to be removed from the planet.

retard

>Forest last
>any of the child Link dungeons above it
No.

Fair actually. Forest is better than the first 3

Frustration. NPCs talk very very slow and you can't speed it up.
You will get lost because everything is dull, blurry, ugly.
You will get bored walking through a baren world that is so empty it makes nuts & bolts look like goty.
The whole first area, and sneaking through the castle are some of the funnest parts of Zelda history, but beyond that there is nothing in the game. It just expects you to either have already played and know where all the secrets are, subscribed to Nintendo Power, or spend weeks checking every corner of every area like a kid in the 90s with nothing better to play would do.

You must be 18 to post here

Underage B&

>playing PAL versions
jesus christ

I know 20fps is shit but at least play the version of the game that runs at the speed it was designed to run at

23. I grew up on PC, Dreamcast, and Gamecube from its launch. Didn't get a chance to play 64 until later. I it's not my lack of comprehending context, because I still love Conker's, and Majoras Mask.

Most in this thread are more seasoned than you. Move along, Child. Men are talking.

its like a 3d metroidvania

Older they are, the more likely they played older Zelda games, witch where much more challenging, we'll crafted, faster faced, and much easyer on the eyes, other than Zelda II...

>witch where
>faster faced
who smoking kratom nigga?

On the contrary. I found The Adventures of Link to be very challenging and on the same level as most of the Zelda games...

...It just played a little different and was more hack 'n slash than the original.

Zelda II was my first Zelda experience. I was six.

Then don't talk shit about games you were too much of a babby to experience the first time round, and go back to angry birds, you millennial faggot.

I'm smoking S5 screen keyboard. Bad trip.

ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THE STORY ITS GOOD. PLAY MAJORAS MASK AFTER

Navi tells you exactly where to go at all times, not that you have to listen to her.

If the game is only good enough to be enjoyable two decades ago, then it is a shit game. Thank you for helping prove that point good sir.

omfg almost quints

Only plebeians of the highest order think like that. Its literally a non argument.

It's still enjoyable now, You're just too stupid and have only played the games of today where the goal of the game is handed to you on a silver platter...

...Whereas you're given a game that actually challenges you, and you turn your nose up to it like some snob. "Ewww that game is old and retro, and probably plays like shit."

It's no wonder games are in the shitter today. You only have yourselves to blame. Now get the fuck out of this thread, I'll tell you once more.

MEN are talking.

No, you're just too much of a hipster faggot to know good games when you see them.

It literally is a sample of an Islamic chant there. Nintendo removed it in 1.1 before the game was ever released, it wasn't in response to Muslims complaining about anything at all.

Muslims could try not being whiny little bitches about everything other people do, then the world might start liking them a little.

Not sure why you're telling me that but ok

>Nintendo removed it in 1.1 before the game was ever released

my cart literally has the chanting

The removed it in 1.2 along with changing all the red blood in the game to green. The red blood thing was actually because of a change with the ESRB (and also why green blood was in FF8).

Oops, I'm sorry, 1.2 is correct. However its build date is still 98-11-12, nine days before the release date.

Lies coming from you OP in order to get yous. Everybody and their mothers already played this game

If you think examples like Majoras Mask, Conker's, Zelda 1, and LTTP are "games of today" and have an easyer difficulty, then I am probebly going to assume you have the video game knowledge of a women TV show host.

Trying to convince how manly of a man you are by saying OoT is 10/10 based game ever no matter what... is sad.

You could try not being a whiny little bitch as well

Better than being someone who believe that bringing up any other example of a better game than OoT makes you a hipster.

A good transition to 3D but LTTP and Links Awakening are better.

>vastly improved upon

ha not really

I liked a Link Between Worlds better than a Link to the Past.

...They improved upon the game in many ways. Then again, in many ways, They fucked it up. I still enjoyed it a lot as a LTTP sequel.

>Links Awakening

LOL no. LA isnt even the best 2d game boy game, the oracles shit all over it

the GOAT game title screen

>No. Is it the best Zelda game? no LTTP WW and MM are all better.

It is. WW is boring and has shit dungeons, not to mention it looks like crap. MM is literally OoT expansion

>Mfw I have the original edition

24 here and first played it when i was 19 or so

>Frustration. NPCs talk very very slow and you can't speed it up.
wasn't a problem for me personally
>You will get lost because everything is dull, blurry, ugly.
The game isn't as saturated as other nintendo titles but it never hindered my ability to make out important details of the environment. Ugliness is subjective.
>You will get bored walking through a baren world that is so empty it makes nuts & bolts look like goty.
I agree parts of the game feel very empty, especially the fields. But they weren't large enough (especially after finding Epona and unlocking warps) for me to feel bothered by them.
>The whole first area, and sneaking through the castle are some of the funnest parts of Zelda history, but beyond that there is nothing in the game.
Haha, i thought the stealth part was a bit shit. I prefered the updated version of it in Majora's with the Dekuscrubs.
>It just expects you to either have already played and know where all the secrets are, subscribed to Nintendo Power, or spend weeks checking every corner of every area like a kid in the 90s with nothing better to play would do.
While I remember finding the lens of truth (a mandatory item) was a bit strange and obsure to find, secrets are called secrets for a reason.

I disagree with some of your opinions, but most of the hateful comments thrown your way are even more retarded.

Labeling something "a shit game" as if it is something objective is a plebeian thing to do.
Judging something on its own merits, apart from its original context, isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Can someone tell me the best version to play emulated?
Should I play the P64 version or use dolphin and use texture hd packs?

All the hateful comments aimed at him we're warranted because he came into a Zelda thread with express intent to talk shit about Zelda to Zelda fans...

... What did you expect us to do? Let him talk shit about some of the best games of our childhood and we'd shower him with praises?

You can get the fuck out too, Sir.

Fucking magic. A journey to fight your fears and become the courageous hero of time.

False. It was a thread made by someone who had never played before asking people's idea of what he will be in for. Not my fault shills took over to destroy any critical thought. If he goes in with the mindset I gave, he may not see what I saw and would strengthen hid positive opinion.

I was just thinking about this game this afternoon in the context of do I really enjoy it or do I enjoy all the memories it brings back?

>shills

Your opinion has been immediately discarded. You can try again later. This argument used by your generation holds no water with me, and never will. Go back to the herd with the rest of the sheeple and continue calling anyone who enjoys anything a shill.

Gonna be so happy when this whole shill thing passes over.

>shilling for a game released in 1998 that you can't buy from the creator anymore
Shilling for who? Ebay?

>All the hateful comments aimed at him we're warranted because he came into a Zelda thread with express intent to talk shit about Zelda to Zelda fans...
This thread is about some guy asking what to expect of a certain title and what people's opinions were. The thread was not for participating in a circlejerk like echowell talking about how great Loz: oot is.

>hat did you expect us to do? Let him talk shit about some of the best games of our childhood and we'd shower him with praises?
No, i expected people to present argumentated opinions in a discussionboard.
If you can't do that, feel free to get the fuck out "sir"
no really man, saying shit like "good sir" even ironically makes you look like a total chodesnorkler. I'm genuinly saying this in your best interest

>argumentated opinions

Would be nice if you could formulate one. It seems all people under the ages of 25 are entirely uneducated on this board and can only call people shills.

OoT isn't even the best title on N64. MM is.

I'm saying this in your best interest, Don't talk to me again. I don't associate with people who don't know how to use the SHIFT key properly.

>says 1997
> November 21, 1998
>basically 1999

I also liked how it took you like 20 minutes to come up with that shit.

Classic.

Very good. Zelda II is an amazing game, do not let the shitters convince you otherwise.

People who enjoy OoT arnt shills. Nobody is even arguing that. People who come in drones to crucify anyone who has critical realistic thoughts on a video game just to protect the name of a brand are shills.
If not liking those people is a trait so bad that you will discard any train of though you may get from reading my diffrence in opinion that could potentially strengthen your own ideals from the contrast, then you will never really get anywhere.

If you desperately want to hear why i preferred the stealth-sections in MM you can just ask.
I never called anyone a shill ITT.

>OoT isn't even the best title on N64. MM is.
I never implied Oot was the best Loz title on the n64. I also prefer MM.

Shit nigga, do you really expect me to focus on this thread 100% of the time? What is multitasking?

I KNEW IT WASN'T ME SEEING VISIONS.

>Getting lost
>In OOT

Bitch I beat this game when I was 12 years old and my english level was under 0.

What the fuck? Majora's Mask has the exact same basic gameplay than OoT. Are you literally retarded?

>Majora's Mask has the exact same basic gameplay than OoT.

MM has way more focus on quests over exploration.

>Majora's Mask has the exact same basic gameplay than OoT.
I agree that to an extent the games were very similar. But Majora's mask added a lot of variations and additions to the formula like Goron links rolling and pounding, zora links swimming and diving, decuscrubs hovering and waterbouncing, managing your time to finish sidequests among others.

>Start OoT
>YOU NEED A SWORD AND SHIELD TO GET BY ME
>Where the fuck do I get those?
>LOL I DON'T KNOW
Fuck this.

dude sheild is in the shop for 40 rupees, sword is through the hole in the kokiri training groud next to links house.

Holy fuck.

Can you do some kind of LP or even just a written LP somewhere? I'd love to read or watch that sort of thing. It seems like it'd be extremely entertaining, if you aren't just fucking around.

The game holds up. Ignore the shitposting, it's a genuinely fun game. It doesn't hold your hand and you're expected to figure out shit for yourself. It's refreshing.

A good game but probably the most overrated game in the world.

It's okay. Don't liste to the hype. It was revolutionary for its time but we're not in fucking 1998 anymore.

>thinking console games are 'designed' for anything less than 60fps

keep telling yourself that, fact is the system just couldnt do it. Much like todays systems.

>muh cinematic feel

This shit cannot be stressed enoough.

DO NOT MASH THAT FUCKING BUTTON, user. DON'T DO IT.