Hardest Diablo 2 monster

The Tomb Viper is the hardest Diablo 2 monster in the game. Their attack alone is the reason they are the hardest. One strike with the venom shoot and you lose 3/4 your health bar. Meet a elite pack of them and you can kiss your hardcore ass goodbye. I was killed in 1 second just standing in a spot where they shoot their potion venom. The reason for this is their projection shot has physical damage that follows the venom. Why does everyone say the dolls and lightening ghosts are hard? These fuckers are literal fucking death.

Other urls found in this thread:

diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tomb_Viper
diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Machine_(Diablo_II)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing Diablo 2

This is your main problem

Because you can choose to simply never go to Nilathak's place so them being op is never an issue.

int dr solves this issue, please git gud faggot

>Because you can choose to simply never go to Nilathak's place so them being op is never an issue.

But you can't get the pandemonium event if you don't.

Anyone doing endgame content has enough DR that it isn't a problem.

>just ignore the vipers

That's not the point, this game should at least be designed to be at least somewhat fair and balanced. These vipers are TOO FUCKING HARD! There is legit no way you can kill them in a minion pack because of their attack. It's a failure in the game mechanizes that gives their attack SO MUCH FUCKING DAMAGE! How the fuck do I conquer something like that?

You've been told twice to get some flat damage reduction. At this point you're either trolling or stupid. Good day, sir.

>flat damage reduction

What items got good flat damage reduction?

Yes, D2 has many design failures and it has had those for like almost 20 years now. There are plenty of modern alternatives with fewer of those.

Tell me what class/build you are playing and I will tell you what to use.

>Yes, D2 has many design failures and it has had those for like almost 20 years now. There are plenty of modern alternatives with fewer of those.

Why didn't they fix it in a patch? Christ there has been a bunch of patches in the game. Did they ever think and say "hmmm maybe we should lower the damage of the killer tomb vipers?"

>porting through worldstone keep with low fcr
>tomb vipers and gloams

g l o a m s

>Tell me what class/build you are playing and I will tell you what to use.

Summoner, druid

I had almost 2,000 at level 75 and fought minion pack of temple vipers on nightmare. Killed them, BUT walked towards their dead bodies, and apparently their attack didn't end because I died in one second. (hardcore death)

I'm now 23 summoner druid. (hardcore)

They intentionally left some of the most broken things untouched because people learned to deal with it and players were otherwise almost unkillable with instant rejuvenation pots being a thing. Also redesigning anything would require actual work.

The poison cloud is bugged so that it deals rapid hitting physical damage as well as poison damage. Also, if you are near Nihilathak you can be hit by CE.

Anyways, a three Sol helm, plus Gladiatopr's Bane with a sol should completely negate all damage taken from the cloud.

>They intentionally left some of the most broken things untouched because people learned to deal with it and players were otherwise almost unkillable with instant rejuvenation pots being a thing

I literally died in less than one second, I had a full thing of full rej potions. I can survive one, two three attacks for vipers. But that attack was far to much. (it was a minion pack from monster summoner jars)

Not even a 99 level character with the best gear could survive that.

>Diablo 2
This is where you went wrong
Play Diablo 3 or Diablo 1 instead

I believe you have already been informed of the opposite.

It's the poison clouds from the attack that are bugged. I believe they apply the viper's physical attack damage every frame when you stand in the poison cloud.

The actual missile that is shot is nearly harmless, as well as the normal physical attacks.

>The poison cloud is bugged so that it deals rapid hitting physical damage as well as poison damage.

Yeah that's what I though, the poison isn't a problem, BUT THE AFTERMATH OF THE PHYSICAL

>Also, if you are near Nihilathak you can be hit by CE.

I don't got a problem with Nih.

>Anyways, a three Sol helm, plus Gladiatopr's Bane with a sol should completely negate all damage taken from the cloud.

Have you ever tried it out user? I got a three socket helm for the sol.

Pre-nerf Iron Maiden enemies as a melee character.

Yep, the sols in the helm plus the sol in the GB reduces damage by 43-48 before any percentage dr, you should be able to completely ignore those hits

Just don't stand in poison clouds you gayboy.

>It's a Gloam pack with conviction aura episode.

Say goodbye to your hardcore.

50 physical damage per frame, so getting hit by one with int dr will do very little damage

>Just don't stand in poison clouds you gayboy.

I don't, but you don't seem to get that even when it passes you fucktard, the path it passed though still does massive damage. That means you have to doge not only the attack, but the whole line of the attack.

Gloams can literally kill you while you're still on the loading screen. That's why.

if we're talking ladder characters you have no excuse not to have stacked res

You're exaggerating, but yes, you should not stand in the clouds nor immediately after before the animation is completely done.

>stacked res

Isn't there like some ablity that they can lower your resistance? I know there is some monster ability that allowed them to do that.

Lower resist is a curse. You get rid of curses by either waiting it out or talking to an npc that can heal.

Yeah, conviction, that's why you stack resists over 100%. On ladder and non-ladder that is easy. I can understand not being able to do that SP.

>You're exaggerating,

When was the last time you fought one of these monsters? I would love to see you take on a couple champion packs of tomb vipers. I've taken on several of them before and lived, but they do massive damage and I had good fucking gear on. And I had a merc and a bear and a oak sage. Merc dead in two seconds.

>People are complaying about Diablo 2 now
>after Iron Maiden has been removed from Oblivion Knights in Act 4

Kek.

>casters
Spirit, HOTO, Um Shako, Mara's, FCR/Res rings, Tri res boots, anni, hft, nigga I ain't even trying here

>melee
I would tell you but this is even easier than casters

diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tomb_Viper

Tomb Vipers are a variation on the Claw Viper monster, usually encountered in Nihlathak's Temple.

On Nightmare and Hell difficulty, the Halls of Vaught may spawn with Tomb Vipers. Their primary attack is a poison missile similar to a Plague Javelin, only capable of much more damage.

To explain:

A percentage of their charge damage is included in the secondary cloud of poison. The AoE cloud. This means that you could avoid the initial poison from the spear but still get the physical + poison damage of the cloud should you run into it.

The cloud is not visible. This is why many people think they get killed by something that isn't really there. The cloud will stay about five seconds after the initial spear's cloud vanishes. If you do not move in this time, the second cloud will not effect you. Getting knocked back will also not trigger the second cloud. You will get poisoned by the viper and get a nice percentage of life taken away from you but it won't be over time.
Best thing to do is stand still when they fire or run past them at high velocity. The cloud will only form a second or two after the spear is thrown, this gives more than enough time for a character to run past them. Should you need to stop... stop and don't run or walk until five seconds after all the clouds have gone. (Source)

One way of countering their attack (for melee characters) is by moving close enough to the creatures so that they will melee instead of using their missile attack. Casting Dim Vision on them will work as well as they won't attack something until they're aware of it. Another tactic is to Save and Exit the game and try again, hopefully being able to avoid having them spawn again.

>The cloud will stay about five seconds after the initial spear's cloud vanishes

Oh I wish I knew this sooner.......

You're a wind druid? Just spam a couple tornados and move, spam nados again and move.

>Merc dead in two seconds.

No shit, dumbass. Because the AI is too stupid to step out of the poison cloud. Apparently, so are you.

Nothing compared to Oblivion Knights pre-Iron Maiden Removal. Made melee classes crumple or be forced to run and hope for another curse to overwrite. Even worse for Zealots.

>You're a wind druid? Just spam a couple tornados and move, spam nados again and move.

I use crossbow / fissure. I have bear/wolves/deserve mer for cannon fodder. Oak age for health, Vine for health. Mer has healing aura.

Everything in my power to prevent my death and still dead.

>Apparently, so are you.

I do. It's not as easy as you think when you go into a room and suddenly there are like 7 of them shooting at once. And keep in mind even if you miss the poison, there is still an invisible physical cloud damage awaiting.

Apparently you haven't fought these things, because I have. Several times. It's not as easy as you think.

Also I can't care what level you are or what gear you got, if you open up one of those Evil Urns by mistake, it's fucking over for you.

>healing aura merc
>using a crossbow

U wot m8?

He's clearly a retard who has no fucking clue how to play.

One of the best crossbows in the game.

diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Machine_(Diablo_II)

>He's clearly a retard who has no fucking clue how to play.

Ok so what's the best mer aura than for summoners?

The only summoner is skeleton army necro. And the appropriate aura is might.