Game has a hardcore/permanent death option

>game has a hardcore/permanent death option
do you pull the trigger Cred Forums?Are you a coward?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if you get better rewards as a result, otherwise it's just a gimmicky half-assed attempt to increase difficulty.

Why wouldn't you play that way? I love seeing my past characters' tombstones or deaths be recognized.

>risking losing all your time and effort in a game just for e-peen
No,I don't have autism

If it's a game with many characters(x-com,darkest dungeon);yeah it makes you connect and worry about your characters.
If it's shit like diablo fuck no

>game has a hardcore/permanent death option
Can be fun if the game is to be played in sessions.

>in an online game
Nope, garbage right there.

>something something autism
Goddamn you are a faggot

>mfw I tried max payne 3 on hardcore
I still get the shivers

>not comprehending the fact that different people derive pleasure and enjoyment from different things

Actual autism.

>getting triggered over suck weak bait
stop being so liberal with your (you)s user

I did back in Tibia.

Shit was scary

Fuck, you got me.

I would love Path of Exile's hardcore leagues if the only time I ever fucking died wasn't because everything stopped for a half second, and when shit got back together I was dead.

i need to git gud

Isn't there a game that, once you buy it, you can only play it until your character dies, and you have to buy it again? I think it's on steam.

No, I'm with you there. Games need to be relatively bug-free and have good netcode if they're online in order for hardcore modes to be any fun. Ironman mode in XCOM would have been way better if the game didn't randomly decide that an alien could see your soldier through a wall or that you meant to throw a grenade at the space right next to your soldier.

I love games like that just for the amount of salt this kind of shit generates
youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc

we're all playing one right now

I'm more worried about permadeath in games than ) am in real life

honestly, i feel that pain.
I'd prolly be made of salt too. Not enough to break my shit, but i would contemplate headbutting the wall from frustration if that happened more than once in a short time.

That's because I welcome death IRL

>shitty twitch eceleb whose entire bit is to rage and scream at every little thing

yea no, get that shilling out of here

nigger it's just a fucking video game.
Besides,in darkest dungeon you don't get game over states,he must still have a hoster and his building upgrades.In DD,you NEED to get unattached to your characters,they will die

Apparently OP doesn't comprehend that either, since he called people who don't play permadeath cowards.

This makes people kos even more because they don't want to risk it.

well i fucking love video games and get really into them. What do you want me to say here.

And yeah i get how darkest dungeon is built up, but i can't, nor do i want to, distance myself so much that i feel nothing when i win or lose, so what the hell. also i'm a perfectionist which outright screws me in the game.

OP here,I was just taunting anti-permadeathfags to get the thread going
IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO

God what a shitter, how is it possible to lose 4 guys in a single fight, let alone to the fucking joke that is the necromancer

that shit is inhuman.It's seriously impossible to finish that game in hardcore without playing it a thousand times and knowing the entire map layouts and enemy placements

And that sums up why perma death games are stupid. You wanna know you aren't sky diving in South America or climbing random mountains in Japan? One fuck means death and you know it. So what do we do? Sit in our save town. If perma death was a thing no one except idiots would become adventurers. Imagine an all merchant population run by gold buyers and people who exploit the game for resources to control the market. Can you imagine living in that world?

I don't see a problem with it. Playing video games is often a way for people to create a false sense of accomplishment in themselves. Playing on "hardcore" mode is just an even more concentrated way for people to get that feeling. This is especially true for online gaming where people grind and spend thousands of hours trying to get perfect gear.

if there were, it would be possible to just delete save data unless it used an online system and license keys.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm good enough at videogames to jump into a permadeath mode and not get BTFO.

I play games when they revolve around permadeath like x-com or roguelites but I seriously consider people that invest a shit ton of time in diablo clones with permandeath masochist

>offline
sure

>online
nope.avi
not dying to shit like server lag, stutter, desync, or "emergency maintenance"

It's fine. Ranked leaderboards work well with it, especially in games like PoE.
Only problem with it is if the game has shitty server-side issues like in PoE with desync. Lost a high level character due to the game refusing to log me out when the server had kicked me.

I mean it's happened to anyone who played that game I think. I know it happened pretty often to a lot of streamers.

There's never been a single game I give a shit about that has a perma-death option/mode.

I feel like I'm missing out, but god devs never want to add it to their games for whatever reason.

No. Permadeath is retarded.

>die in a game
>game gets deleted from your steam account
would you play it?

oop, found it. Looks like it's just a shitty deathmatch game
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534994203

>deathmatch
sorry, I meant dayz/rust shit. Whatever.

>Not playing all games on maximum permadeath
>Not taking the disc out after you die for the first time and smashing it so that it can never be played again
>Not uninstalling the game from your Steam library and contacting Steam support to remove it from your account
>Not burning your controller when you lose in multiplayer

Git gud scrub

I would love to play Diablo 3 Hardcore but blizz servers get fucked way to often. Reached level 70 on my H barb tho.

Permadeath is really boring.
>oh you died, time to do all the same thing over again!

It's like if you missed a scene in a movie, but instead of rewinding to right before that scene you had to start over. You would be extremely bored the entire time for all the stuff you already experienced.

No. It's one thing to make you lose your stuff when you die in something like DayZ where it's par for the course and takes relatively little time investment, but I wouldn't want to try to do something like make an ironman runescape character where they could be lost after hundreds of hours of play. If something like that happened to me I would probably never touch the game again.

Don't play movie games then. Good games with permadeath are either dynamic/random enough to provide different experiences with each playthrough or challenging enough to require your concentration.

Permadeath encourages being really cautious and chewing everything, depending on the game. Rouge-likes are generally whatever since you're expected to die every half hour but in longer ga message there is little point in doing so beyond doing it for the sake of it. The risk is just too high and games generally don't reward you enought for Permadeath.

I fucking love it with short games, but longer ones tend to test your patience instead of your skill. Risk is fucking hard to scale with reward over long periods, and when I play games like that I almost always experience hour long stretches of boredom where you can't lose followed by a sudden 10 second spike where you're instantly fucked and have to start all over again.

> Not having a gun pointed at your head set to go off as soon as your vidya character dies

permadeath could work in an online game if you respawned as some kind of creature and started controlling the AI and everyone respawns once a month.
I'm imagining once you die turning into a lion and being a cunt to random people.

I'd kill myself just to be a mob and fuck over the autists who enjoy permadeath

Not if its a modern game because then it's obviously a mode thrown together at the last moment for marketing purposes and not balanced around the fact at all.