How do you feel about Smash 4 Link's design Smash 4 Link mains?

I don't like that his forward tilt and Gale Boomerang have so much startup.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GaDXAPQJlz0AiIYSSOWFwy_dg04Rrq4a-YF9-VDOhZI/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Foward tilt is strong as fuck and it has good range. Learn to space it.
Learn to space your Boomerang as well.

his movement is very comfortable but his moveset is mostly shit because toon link exists
they give toon link all the "fast" moves, ie the good ones, because hes small so link gets hung out to dry with his slower-than-ike sword swings when he should be more like a mediumweight, meatier version of marth

We need more representation of LttP Link. All I want is a mod for ALBW to make him more reminiscent of his LttP design.

I already know how to space it and I still get grabbed/hit by Mario's using dash grab or Fox players using dash attack.

I use Link's forward tilt and end up clanking with shit which puts me at a severe frame disadvantage against characters like Sheik, Fox, Captain Falcon, Mario, and etc.

I once spaced Link's forward tilt and a Captain Falcon player used dash attack which clanked with my forward tilt and then put me at a frame disadvantage.

When I space Boomerang it becomes even more telegraphed due to its ridiculous 27 frames of startup. If I use it too close then I get hit by shit like Samus's dash attack and Cloud's dash attack thus losing neutral and being comboed.

This. Link isn't about wildly swinging your sword like Ike or camping people out like Duck Hunt. He needs to space his sword moves to open up space for boomerang and bombs, and then follow up.
You could say he's a shittier Mega Man/R.O.B.

I'm not seeing how his movement is anywhere close to being comfortable. Do you mind explaining?

Don't challenge other safer approaches, you can jab them out or grab. Even spin attack is optimal at high percents.

Only use boomerang if your opponent is knocked away by your sword or if they're also spacing you out.

So why isn't A Link to the Past Link an alternate skin again? Because the one in OP's pic looks pretty fucking dope.

I've been playing this character since smash 64. You think I don't know that?! Read the post above you and you'll see my problems with Link's forward tilt and Gale Boomerang. Link's Gale Boomerang is slower than Lucas's/Ness's PK Fire for Pete's sake.

see
also >?!

Link's grab and spin attack are way too punishable to be throwing them out like that.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GaDXAPQJlz0AiIYSSOWFwy_dg04Rrq4a-YF9-VDOhZI/edit#gid=0

I meant this one.

Spin attack only if you know itl'll work you dip. Jab is still a safe option you neglected as well.

How the fuck am I supposed to know when it'll work you dip? They could very easily run up and shield it and then punish it with a smash attack or whatever.

Jab has to be spaced in a game with no wavedashing. Link's jab alone isn't going to cut.

I have to go. I'll be back. Hopefully this is still up then.

Your neutral shouldn't really revolve so much about side tilt. I personally use fair to space, its fast, long and safe and can challenge other approaches better. It also sets up a boomerang nicely as well as follow up after bombs.

By the way, bombs should be your main tool for spacing, not boomerang.

>cloud does any smash
>spin attack + edgeguard

Stop complaining and learn the matchups. If you want someone easy just play R.O.B.

he has one of the fastest fastfalls in the game, which gives him great vertical coverage
while his airspeed is pretty sad, he can transition fast enough to the ground to make up for it, and not having to commit to jumps due to being able to quickly regain his stage position is a huge advantage on most stages

if he had a less shit moveset hed be able to pillar and edgeguard people pretty fucking well, but 90% of his moves are mash-friendly beatsticks that only work well online because of terrible startup and endlag
hes kinda like little mac where hes intentionally built around being "babbys first main" with huge payoff on singular moves but huge glaring flaws that make him generally unviable as players get better at the game and stop walking into smash attacks

>By the way, bombs should be your main tool for spacing, not boomerang.

I already know this but bombs can be caught while boomerang can't.

>Your neutral shouldn't really revolve so much about side tilt.

It doesn't.

>I personally use fair to space, its fast, long and safe and can challenge other approaches better. It also sets up a boomerang nicely as well as follow up after bombs.

I wouldn't call fair fast. You want to see a fast fair then look towards Marth.

Are you retarded? Spin attack has a year's worth of end lag.

High/mid level Link mains don't do shit like that so what makes you think that's a good decision? Especially in a game like Smash 4 where approaching with shield isn't exactly unheard of.

Also if people never complained we'd still be stuck with pre-patch Cancernetta.

>If you want someone easy just play R.O.B.

R.O.B is not Link. And don't tell me to play Toon Link. He's too floaty and boring.

>while his airspeed is pretty sad,

His air speed wasn't always that terrible but Sakurai felt the need to nerf it coming into Brawl. *facepalm*

I guess because Skyward Sword was more recent.

They should have just given him the power of his boomerang and bombs back from Smash64.

>tr4sh
LUL who even cares in 2016?

Someone needs to shoop pink haired link to have some glittery lipstick and a piercing or two.

Ruined by toon link.fucking clones man.

I'm pretty sure his boomerang was at its fastest in Smash 64.

But anyways, what exactly do you mean?

What do you dislike about Smash 4?

>Ruined by toon link.fucking clones man.

Elaborate please.

Both always knockdown on hit, iirc. Nowadays, it's just kind of a love tap. It was my biggest disappointment going into Melee when it first came out.

How similar is smash 4 link to melee link? I think melee link's one of the most fun characters to play but I don't like the changes they made in brawl, especially his hookshot.

Why the FUCK did they ever replace his regular boomerang with the gale one? An active hitbox is way fucking better than a shitty windbox that can fuck you over just as much as it can help you.

toon link is way faster and has the boomrang.
>dont want to hate sm4sh
>only like 4 of the newcommers(little mac villager duck hunt and wii fit trainer)
>all these clones
>not as much depth as melee or even pm
>all the sets are on smashville
>these awful modes
>smash turning into M.U.G.E.N.
for all the shit brawl gets, it has better content and it's at least easier to mod.

His Gale Boomerang wouldn't be so bad if it always came back to you and wasn't so easy to escape.

In other words they should make it more canon.

Spin Attack is different, his tether recovery range is now longer, his grab range is better, and some other stuff.

>tfw link's design isn't the one on the right