Is this worth playing?

Is this worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its fucking awful imo

care to explain why?

If you like Castlevania it's worth playing. I thought it was good. Just know that the first quarter or half is veeeeeery slow.

It's decent.
Combat can be polished a bit with things like air dashes but it's still fun. The art is great though. Be ready for some qte bosses too.

2nd game has an even better combat system but unfortunately everything else is a step down.

Kind of. Lords of Shadow is alright, but if you like it, then you'll want to play the sequels.
But the sequels are awful.

There's like three Castlevanias worth playing and the rest exist to get different renditions of Bloody Tears.

I'm not even sure that Lords of Shadow has Bloody Tears.

How about any of the ps2 games?

I really liked it desu

It's aight

I enjoyed it. Pretty environments and quite long.

Definitely play Lament of Innocence. I didn't play the other one, Curse of Darkness. Is that one worth it?

Devil May Cry Lite

I played it on consoles and honestly loved the shit out of it. It was 30fps with frequent drops though.

Been aching to play the 60fps ultimate edition for years but I don't have a pc

Nope.

A poor man's GOW (which is a poor man's DMC) that existed to overwrite the good Castlevanias.

Castlevania 64 and Lament of Innocence were much better, and that says something.

Focuses more on being grand and movie-like then being a good game.

Its not bad, don't get me wrong, its just EXTREMELY meh.

The voice acting alone is a reason to play it and the sequel.

No it's very dull. Most combos are useless as fuck especially on hard mode which is parry/roll spam, the bosses are mediocre, the platforming and puzzles are so shallow that they feel like wastes of time. The game is also devoid of that Castlevania charm and atmosphere.

It says that Castlevania 64 (specifically Legacy of Darkness) is also a great game.

I pretty much write off any person's thoughts on LoS if they call it a GoW clone or whatever. I bet most people that say this crap hardly even played LoS, or hell, even the GoW games. It's just shitposting.

I wouldn't make a comparison between GOW and DMC. DMC is more tactical and has a higher skill ceiling, whereas GOW is all about over the top set pieces and cool boss battles. Different games. I'd say DMC is closer to Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta.

It's pretty good. Don't listen to Metroidvania fags. The series was originally action games.

DMC is all about over the top set pieces and cool boss battles, GOW is just an extremely superficial take on that concept.

The original series was a bunch of focused, challenging action games. LoS is anything but. It's a very sloppy, generic action adventure game which has no idea what it wants to do. The only thing that feels remotely fleshed out is the combat, but even then it's the basic cookie cutter western beat em up combat you can see in a lot of other games

LoS2 has better gameplay than the first, it evens out with the awful stealth sections but I think saying they're worse it's an exaggeration

I really enjoyed God of War for the story, but mostly because I love Greek mythology. I never played any DMC other than the first one, which I really enjoyed. I have the rest in my backlog.

Hellguard Stealth Segment: Please fucking kill why, WHY ?!?!?!?!
Stealth Segment: WHY?!
City: Its acceptable
Castle: Lots of the castle levels is good
Final boss and Alucard: Yay
Final cutscene: METAL

No. The combat in Curse of Darkness is severely dumbed down, the main gimmick is largely underutilized, movement speed is far too slow, and grinding is required for 100% map completion.

First one is worth a playthrough. Scenery is worth it alone. You can avoid the sequel.

Nop, shitty game make by eurospics

Gabriel had a hard life. Literally betrayed by God.

Fun game, though.

DMC1 is very basic. 3/4 are as technically involved as good fighting games.

GoW is one of my favorite series and LoS is a pretty blatant clone. Not as blatant as Dante's Inferno, but still.

>no pc
youtube.com/watch?v=rTzO-_Yl4d0

It's an incredibly slow start, but if you can get it for $10 in a sale or something, absolutely worth the purchase. It's an action game, it's pretty fun, especially if you like castlevania and pick up on all the references and stuff.

the story is mediocre though, it's kind of generic.

I enjoyed it. It's worth a play through.