Cred Forums plays Fire Emblem 10

Late start edition
LAST TIME
>The Silver Haired maiden began her journey
>everyone she met loved her
>She could see the future
>and showed off her super DUPER unique ability to both see the future AND heal with a touch
>TRULY, we are blessed to have someone like her around.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11288119
google.com/search?q=fire emblem hd textures&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=path of radiacne hd textures
twitter.com/AnonBabble

previous:
>What is this?
This is Radiant Dawn, a direct sequel to Path of Radiance, released on the Nintendo Wii
>I'm new to Fire Emblem. What's a good game to start with?
Fire emblem: The Blazing sword(aka Fire Emblem in the USA) is a fantastic starting point, featuring a comprehensive tutorial. Alternatively, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones also has a briefer tutorial and is all around easier.
>I heard this series is just shitty waifu pandering
that's Awakening and Fates.
>what does each stat do?
HP-health. lose it all and your unit dies(permanently)
STR- how much damage you do with physical attacks. this is augmented by your enemy's DEF and your own weapon's MT. In Path of Radiance, STR functions similarly to how CON did in older games, determining how much you're burdened by your weapons.
MAG - how much damage you do with magic tomes, staves, or magic weapons. This is augmented by your enemy's RES.
SKL- your chance to hit with attacks, as well as score crits
SPD- if your SPD is high enough, you'll be able to double-attack enemies, also affects your chance to avoid enemy attacks.
LUK-affects accuracy and avoidability, and reduces enemy crit chance.
DEF-affects defense against physical attacks
RES-affects defense against magical attacks
CON- unit's weight. this affects who they can rescue or be rescued by, as well as whether or not they can shove or be shoved by a unit.

>What game are you playing next?
strawpoll.me/11288119
>
>
game over count: 1

And here we have the return of an old ally!

>The glorious return of a waifu
OH SHIT

Where the FUCK were you?

You're not gonna get her killed again, are you?

well this person looks familiar

eternally THIRSTY

I wonder if we'll get to recruit this begnion soldier...

I think she meant, "I'm very hungry."

Ilyana is HUNGRY

Wait, that's not what she said? It sure is what I read.

Am I going to have to make more Sinistar Edits?

Well this guy looks different.

Clearly. He even has an EXP bar!

The return of best girl.
I swear down Nigger if you get her killed.

>15 HP
Holy shit, she could die if someone sneezes on her hard enough.

>see Micaiah level up thumbnail
>"I bet she didn't get any Speed"
>open it
>no Speed
>no HP

This is gonna be painful.

oh boy.

what an amazing unit leo is.

The Deviljho awakens

So, meeting his childhood friend, Aran gives up on his adoptive, loving family, his ties to his country, and his vows to his army, and joins the party!

>Edward aka "Please bench me I am shit."
>Micaiah aka "Just fuck my HP and Speed up."

Nolan's got a lotta work to do, senpai.

I hope he enjoys his new life of ledge blocking

And here we have the first return of a unit from PoR! Returning units are able to receive a bonus: if you transfer a game clear save, units who hit level cap will receive a +3 boost to any and all stats they capped in Path of Radiance. Unfortunately, Ilyana died in my file, so no stats for her.

55% 45% 50% 60% 30% 40% 30% 50%

As in PoR, her skill makes her less likely to be targeted for attacks if there are other units in range.

Edward's been a monster. You thinking of Leo?

+2

And our other new unit, the not!knight, Aran!
He has no unique skills.

50% 75% 10% 75% 35% 35% 70% 25%

Yeah, I meant Leo.

is it just +2? My bad.

>dat DEF growth

we armor knight now

who the fuck heats up knives in order to cut butter?

Adorable.

People with cold butter.

>attacking a promoted thief with a wind edge

wew

Thani is stupid.

+DEF

Micky wants to be a frontliner

why the fuck does edward have Wrath when he's built as a glass cannon?

She's cute tho

You stole the Discipline scroll right.

Thani is cool. I like the idea of light mages being a threat, seeing as how their tomes hit like a wet napkin.

Ilyana has now gone 1 hour without food.

FUCK

Cause obviously when hes below half hell kill everything and dodge what he doesnt. Duh.

Those stats aren't even bad. They blow away stats of units like Rebecca or Neimi.

>FUCK

So you can give him Resolve and have him solo the map

>Micaiah sue actually dodged a 1hko attack
damn

Its not so much his bases as it is his growths, he can still be viable, but when rolf/later fucking shinon exist, leo's just fairly lackluster

Take it off of him? It's not rocket science.

literally
waifu

>Leaving Micaiah in range of 1hko attacks

Nigger....

As expected of the Great Holy Maiden of True Destiny!

>edward "axe magnet" rodriguez
>dodging

pick 1

>+HP
>+HP
>+HP

It's alright. It's not if promoted classes need weapon ranks in their new weapons that start at E rank.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK TO FE6

>Micaiah sue actually dodged a 1hko attack
>58% chance of instant game over

He beat it, hes done, the game made him too upset to ever go back

You also have to consider the environments those units are in as well, RD's stat scaling makes a direct stat comparison not exactly fair.

He actually beat it? I must have missed the threads. I thought Nigger just gave up

>going back
...?

>33 damage
Normal mode must be really easy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Nah, he got the normal/bad ending since he killed Shin, the rage of Sacae/last couple chapters was pretty good and by the end he just wanted to be rid of it.

no, Thani just hits like a truck against cavs and armorknights.

fuck, wrong folder again

>No SKL
surprising.

Send in Edward my nigga, let him solo that shit.

Why does he have a cigarette stuck sideways in his eye?

If Nigger can get through this chapter without any fuckups we may be good, I think this is actually legit one of the hardest chapters in the game.

it is REALLY a shame how shafted mages are in RD.

It's easy. Sothe can solo this map, Ilyana is legitimately good at this point, and you have an invincible tank in Kurt.

STOP

Yeah too bad enemy units actually have stats so mages dodgetanking 20 guys is not viable anymore.

OW

Rip Rexbolt

It's pretty easy if you turtle, or if you just use Sothe to soak up all the kills

I like Ilyana as a character. I wish she wasn't so useless.

Well yeah without having Sothe rob all your EXP that is.

She's great in these early maps.

>I like ilyana as a character
....Ilyana has a character?

Ilyana is amusing, but she's pretty much an Awakening character stuck in Tellius personality-wise.

>Go to Feg for the first time in years
>This is what they are talking about
What the fuck happened with that place.

We don't talk about feg here

She's hungry and cute. For an unimportant FE side character, that's a lot of character.

I....um...
I have no words.

>/feg/

Holy shit, this game has so many moments that are asking to be taken out of context.
In case anyone was wondering, there is a full blown How much weight can you handle? part at one point.

>nolan gaining strength skill AND speed
Fucking chance of a lifetime right there.

getting swole for that endgame

I miss the /feg/ from a few years back, it was still shit but it was fun at times.

>put her into range of 1hko units
>gets mad boosts so she can survive niggers hatred

IIRC Nolan's highest growths are skill and speed.

You also only get a stat boost if they hit level 20, shits useless

Skill is 70 speed is 60 but strength is only 45.

Whenever I use Nolan I gain strength or skill and speed. Never all three.

>died in PoR
>still came back with an A rank in thunder tomes
Clearly she had eaten everything Hell had to offer and fought her way back to the land of the living with her full stomach.

I can't believe those faggots put Rinkah in the same tier as Elise.

>taking shitposting seriously

Wait is nigger not going to get the dark Mage?

How nicely does PoR and RD emulate anyway? Been meaning to give them a whirl after finishing up SS

You can't get the dark mage in your first PT.

I don't think you can until a second playthrough, can you?

I would if I could

PoR was perfect, RD seems to have some graphical and sound glitches here and there but is otherwise smooth.

I played through both of them recently with zero issues. Nigger is having some weird graphical issues though

PoR emulates really well on Dolphin 5.0. I haven't seen any problems with it. Radiant Dawn seems to require some fidgeting with settings to make it look right though, if these threads were any indication.

Really well.

Make sure you get the HD texture and icon pack, and a version of Dolphin that doesn't have this many graphical glitches. My version only had one or two issues.

Something to note in RD: there are hidden items strewn about in stages

>Turn 18
>Ilyana is still 2 turns away

So the weapon rank bonus carries over even if the unit didn't cap and even if they die?

I don't remember him moving, regardless of normal mode.

Yay, the rest of the caravan!

almost all the bosses move unless they're on points.

>Make sure you get the HD texture and icon pack
Wait what?

>ashnard had a son
convenient!

google.com/search?q=fire emblem hd textures&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=path of radiacne hd textures

All she sees is that load of gold those dirty sub humans are hiding.

I have had no issues with playing RD in dolphin in my current run and I'm at endgame part 4. I have no idea what's going on with yours.

I don't imagine we have any policies regarding battle saves do we?
This is gon' be a rough ride.

...?

You basically have only 5 characters in the downs brigade that actually can handle themselves in a fight.

>...

Standard FE writing.

>just a bad filter to "AA" the 2D graphics
I am extremely disappointed.

THICCER

Please fix that eye shit nigger, it's disturbing.

You sure you turned off the filtering thing?

>Meg
Trash bag in armor

You should try downloading it. It actually greatly improves the battle models. The map will still look like a Wii game though.

And here's our new Lord!
60% 35% 15% 40% 65% 75% 35% 50%

Her Skill, Fortune, makes her entirely crit-proof, and we are going to use the FUCK out of her!

>Sothe
>Nolan
>Jill
>Zihark
>Volug
>Tauroneo
>Tormod
>Muarim
>Vika
>fucking Black Knight
>Nailah
Use your other hand if you need to go over 5.

>resizing everything up with what appears to be soft interpolation
>"HD"
I was expecting something not shit.

You're going to give her Alondite right?

>Heaven affinity
As if being Meg wasn't bad enough.

>Various upscaling filters were used to upscale 2d elements in the game including fonts. Mostly xBRz x4 was used.
That's literally going out of your way to make the game loop like pic related.

>Half the characters either fuck off or not even available in most important and difficult chapters.
You can fuck right off.

alright, so we got a couple stat boosters. Who gets the energy drop?

>he thinks part 3 defend maps are difficult
Literally just have your units stand there and heal them.

Edward

To be fair, Sothe, Nolan, Jill and Zihark are the only ones of that lot who actually stick with you and are reliable for the most part.

Can you show the stats of everyone? I don't remember if RD has that thing that show you a screen with the stats of every character in a list.

Crank that Anisotropic Filtering up to 16x, it barely impacts framerate at all. Maybe try disabling per-pixel lightning too and see if that fixes anything?

Give them both to Jill, then BEXP her to 20, promote her, then give her Paragon.

Fuck it, throw it on Meg.

Fiona obvs

meg

Ed

Micaiah

Is meg any good?

>tfw I don't really know whose good and whose not

There is very little you can do short of redrawning everything to create HD for a console game unless the developers themselves created HD textures, like what happened in Metroid Prime.

But it actually looks good, since it wasn't a pixelated game to begin with.

>we are going to use the FUCK out of her!

lewd

Meg has good growths especially speed for some reason.

Nigger says yes, almost everyone else says no

No
You have to BEXP abuse to make anyone in the downs brigade good because they all have really high growths in something their class generally shouldn't, but low growths in something they usually should.

You already know who gets it.
Meg___

Give it to Eddy already.

Forge a knife for Sothe and an iron axe for Nolan.

Give it to our new lord

guys where do i go to get the files for Radiant dawn and path of radiance for dolphin

I never forge weapons in any fire emblem game.
I'm a mizer who only buys what's absolutely necessary.

I consistently bring steel to the end game because I don't want to waste silver weapons on an enemy with 24 hp and my next attack with a silver weapon would only do 23 damage.

sent ;)

google

>BEXP abuse
One of my favorite features of RD. Right up there with picking colors for your forged weapons.

Google

>tfw my Nolan just now couldn't even cap Str with BEXP abuse by 20/20/20
Everything else was capped. What a fighter.

Alright, Meg gets the energy drop. Who gets the Dracoshield?

EDWARD

ALL IN ON MEG

If you're actually forcing Meg, you need to give it to her because her defense growth is a lowly 35%.
If you were sane and good at video games I'd say Edward.

I'm anxious to see her first level and then watch her die get a shit level after the reset.

Laura

give it to based Critward.

We've gone too far. It's too late. Put everything in Meg.

Edward sucks bro.
git gud

Meg

Make Meg Great Again

ALL IN ON BEST ARMORKNIGHT

But Edward got the first reply you double Nigger

Though I forgive you for actually using Meg you better not get based Edward killed but who am I kidding its Nigger.

waifu bias

MVPs thus far

yeah, but meg got a lot more votes. I do, and have BEEN doing, a majority rules for stat boosters.

>in before Nigger dumps all his stat boosters on Meg and claims how underrated and great she is when in reality she's a shit fucking unit who's only being made good because he's babying the shit out of her

Top wew

that's why I love weapon durability being removed

Free will is a myth,
religion a joke.

But that's most of the Downs Brigade.

Can't blame him for picking one of them to baby when it's a crapshoot whether most of them turn out halfway alright.

and if you don't believe me, you can open any of my previous threads where I doled out boosters and you can see as such.

boosters and BEXP mean fucking nothing in RD.

>that's why I love weapon durability being removed
reee

But there's obviously characters who are usually up to snuff no matter the babying like Eddy and Nolan.

>boosters and BEXP mean fucking nothing in RD.
If you are spending 18 turns per tiny map, sure.

Yes, that's 2 out of like, a core 10 or so? Excluding Sothe who's good for all of Part 1, Jill who's relatively high and useful off the bat when she comes in, and Micaiah who needs the most babying of all because fuck me at the start I'd almost want Roy or Eliwood instead.

>But there's obviously characters who are usually up to snuff no matter the babying like Eddy and Nolan.
Neither are any good in hard mode, with Nolan becoming decent with babying.

alright, I'm making Nolan and Sothe new weapons. What colour are we making this axe?

1,2,3 decides

Pink

Neon green

>Micaiah who needs the most babying of all because fuck me at the start I'd almost want Roy or Eliwood instead.
Micaiah has accurate and powerful 2 range and she can be useful without combat with sacrifice. Eliwood is just shit. At least Roy is good for seizing.

pinku

Purple

Pink for both

Pink always

This just bring up the biggest problem with RD.

Character availability.

You never if Nigger might throw Jill or Zihark to the other side.

Why Sothe?

Well I'd take it back simply because Thani lets her nuke cavalry units easily and most of the bosses are exactly that.

So if anything, the GAME babies her more than you have to do.

purple it is.
name?

No beast-banes yet.

Butter knife

Prince

Butter Knife it is.

How about this new knife?
what colour is it?

Radiant Dawn was too big for its own good.

Also no really, they need to make the Downs Brigade capable of fantastic growths if you stuck with them, because Nolan and Edward are the only two usually worth taking to endgame, perhaps Fiona if you get real lucky with leveling her.

I won't forgive IS for making every single brown girl in FE mediocre at best, shit at worst.

Blue

>So if anything, the GAME babies her more than you have to do.
What the fuck does this even mean?
Are you going to say the GAME babies Haar because he joins with 50 HP and 20 def?

>Thani lets her nuke cavalry units easily and most of the bosses are exactly that.
There are two cav bosses in Micaiah's maps, both are a joke, and the second one in 1-6-3 is not someone Micaiah should be fighting.
Try playing the game sometimes.

bright green, gotta color coordinate

>tfw Fiona actually has pretty solid growths
>Both her bases and her caps are pretty mediocre.

Thani's basically the only way Micaiah gets to be useful, and it fucks Armor just as much as Cavalry. And let's face it, Haar was the bonafide badass of both Tellius games, as far as side characters go.

She's meant to be the boss killer for Part 1 for sure.

But maybe you're right, it's been a while since I played FE10.

Yellow

Red

Is Haar even good in PoR? I always use Marcia and Jill as my fliers

yellow it is.

name?

Geran Jim

Pretty damn sure Haar as is just as stronk in FE9 as he is in FE10.

he's okay. likely going to be a bit more tanky, but slower than jill if you used her.

I like dicks

Butter Axe

Chink Shank

Butter Axe

Throbbing Member

he's not the actual god he is in RD but he's still pretty good

He's above average for having flight but honestly he's the worst non-laguz, non-Elincia flier due to speed issues.

Her bases would be good if she was level 1.
But she starts at level fucking 10. And you can use her in exactly 2 chapters before Part 3, where you start off fighting Laguz who 1hitko her, 2hitko if untransformed.

He's worse overall than your other fliers, but he's still a pretty solid unit. PoR has a lot of good backup units in case you kill your troops off, although in Haar's case you can't get him if you Nigger it up.

He's serviceable. Could use a Speedwing. He's overshadowed because you have Marcia, Jill, and Tanith joining much earlier.

Chink Shank it is.

Alright, I know this was a shorter thread, but I got literally zero sleep last night--I couldn't even end up doing my assignment, so I had to go in to class at 6 AM today to do it.

So: Tomorrow, we continue, and start showing off why Meg is worth using!

Literally just give him a speedwing and he tears shit up.
Jill is better if you can raise her to his level because she doesn't need any stat boosters, but she starts out at rank 1 with average stats and mediocre health and poor availability. Harr starts out rank 2 with good stats and great availability, also as your only non-Laguz flier until you get Sigrun and benchface.

>tanith
>joining earlier
Huh

You can get Harr in 2-Prologue and again in 2-Endgame, where he can get about 4-5 levels. 6 if you give him the boss in 2-Prologue.
Then you get him from 3-2 onward, you don't get Tanith until 3-8? Whatever the bridge is, and she comes in with fairly meh stats.

Why roided meg is worth using*

>Is Haar even good in PoR?
You are not very bright, are you?

>start showing off why Meg is worth using!
She turns out kinda alright as a tank as long as you have heals for her and baby her enough?

That's true, but Tanith comes earlier in PoR, which is what that user was talking about.

Oh hurr, I didn't fully read.

So does the abbot ever get his medicine?
Laura's kind of casual about leaving him behind.

What did you miss that made you get the bad ending anyway?

>17 skill
>100 hit

how the fuck? are we playing the same game?

I accidentally killed Shin on his recruitment chapter, then ended up on the Sacae route. This made it impossible to obtain Murgleis, and therefore impossible to get the true end.

>23 luk
luck also affects your accuracy I believe.

Using a steel blade at that.
Maybe Meg's at her best bio and the laguz is at its worst.

Yeah. That happened at the end of the mission.

oh yeah i completely forgot that

usually i tend to disregard luck because the units that have a lot of it tend to have it be negligible on them anyway

How? They get captured.

You gotta do all the bonus chapters.

But I'm also pretty sure the bonus chapters aren't lost by not helping the Sacae out, in fact I could've sworn you get a different ultimate weapon if you do. Then again I guess you can get the main quest-giver killed.

Whatever, FE6's true ending is bullshit. Why should someone who already essentially had their soul destroyed get a second chance but Morphs not even get a first?

I wouldn't be able to tell you, outside of the likely explanations. That playthrough was a couple of years back, I think.

>going back to FE6
>playing FE6 at all
Fuck this game. Fuck everything about it.

The mission ends here with Laura going off to deliver the abbot his medicine. Then it cuts to the forest with Sothe asking if everyone is accounted for, and Micaiah replying that Laura is missing yet she was just with her, implying Laura delivered the medicine and met up with Micaiah. Laura got separated later however, and Jarod captured her. When the gang split up to find her, Micaiah was alone when Jarod captured her too, and Laura was there.

Well if she's as sure about the others being safe as she is of the abbot getting the medicine, then I guess she must've passed the medicine on to someone else to give to the abbot. She wouldn't say that if she still had the medicine and haven't given it to someone, abbot or otherwise.

You know for a guy with ridiculously good strength growths your Edward isn't turning out very strong.

He got better as he went along, I think. Still, him leveling just Res and Def is hilarious.

In spite of his good growths, RNG can really fuck him over. Edward has no middle ground. He will either be benchus juiceus maximus or he will be an excellent Swordmaster.

Gotta go fast.

I wish Sanaki were usable near the end.

I went from hating her in FE9 and thinking she was typical royalty garbage to liking her in FE10 only for Micaiah to steal away any relevance she believed herself to have.

I never knew how useful Volug was until recently. He can really pull his own weight and keep the DB alive if you get rid of wild heart.

Snacki is cool

Yup. Volug is quite usefull in Part 3 Hard mode.
You give him support with Nolan or Zihark and he becomes almost untouchable in Hard Mode.

Snacki is the best Est ever.

Because he have Earth Affinity.

Exactly.

I honestly never understood affinities in any of the FE games other than they affect support bonuses somehow.
Also I have new respect for Nolan as well after this playthrough.

That really sucked is the thing: a LOT of units you get have messed up skill setups. It's meant to encourage you to switch them out and find good setups, but man a first time player not wise on that might get screwed hard.

They determine what stat bonuses you get. I think Earth is Attack and Crit? I know that far but the specific affinities you want or what they do I don't. Also I think 9 and 10 gave them a bit more?

Nolan is literally a Trueblade trapped in a Reaver's Body.

Affinity determines the stat boosts characters get from supports, and the higher the support rank the higher the effect. You add the effects from both characters together.

Earth affinity is so stupid because one character with Earth affinity gives 15% evasion at A rank. Two Earth affinity units supporting each other get 30%!

>use Nolan in Endgame
>he caps everything before capping Strength

what are you doing m8 you're a fighter

He's not. Just look at his growths.
HP 60% STR 45% MAG 20% SKL 70% SPD 60% LCK 60% DEF 35% Res 40%

He's an axe wielding myrmidon.

Like says, Nolan got confused and wrote down Fighter as his class when he's clearly a Myrmidon.

I think that was the problem with DB in general. They chose that party to have a lot of experimental growths and it resulted in most of them being scraggy as hell. Getting them for only half (really more like 35 to 40%?) of the game didn't help.

Is astra better RD?

Astra is way better in RD than in PoR.
Full damage and it consumes only 1 use no matter how many hits you land.

I'm late to the thread, but I hope he does well.

Should i buyFates? It seems to be quite solid, if you bypass the etarded story and localization

I bought all 3 and consider them solid time investments but hoo boy is there some stupid shit in them.

Sure.

I actually like Birthright the most out of all 3 routes. Conquest is challenging, and I appreciate that, but it's also filled with bullshit, because there are simply too many enemies at times, and the less said about Revelations the better. Birthright is honestly just more comfortable.

What they said. The music is really good, too, if that's something you care about.

>tfw Astra will NEVER EVER again be as broken as it was in Genealogy