ITT: Adventure games

ITT: Adventure games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouuvSqTHPbg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm glad this dogshit genre is dead.

>in before idiots post TellTale

It's not though, if anything it's had a resurgence in recent years.

BaSS is kind of a crappy game that has a good setting and awesome title, but otherwise has a good amount of all the things people claim to hate about adventure games. Pixel hunting, etc.

The idea of a robot companion that you can install into different shells to solve problems is a great mechanic though, some game should take that and do much more with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouuvSqTHPbg

This one is super weird and cool and fun. Hopkins FBI where you die and go to heaven while fighting against recolored wolfenstein nazis.

Inherit the earth: orb of storms

Is anyone else on here autistic enough to actually still play text adventure? I am, and sometimes I feel like the community of active players is like, 100 people max. I'm working on the old Infocom game Starcross right now.

This game will eternally be my jam.

I recently went and bought most of the SCUMM games because I wanted to relive them. And I had just as much fun playing them as an adult as I did as a kid. In fact, probably more. Because I wasn't spending 10 hours trying to figure out one little puzzle.

Is limbo of the lost the point where the genre reached its peak?

I finished this recently.
The second one is kind of weird, but in a way that I like.

No dude, I mean actual text adventures, with zero graphics, only text output and typing commands in. Zork and shit like that. I don't think I've ever seen someone else post on Cred Forums that they actively play them. At best someone will reference the babel fish puzzle from Hitchhiker's Guide or make a joke about bad parsers.

Peak of ending songs, that's for sure. I unironically queue that up on youtube sometimes just to listen to it.

Simon 2 definitely shows it's best sides towards the end. The entire chapter with those pen and paper-freaks and the three witches was great. Shame there never was a sequel that did the first two games justice.

I've played some, but the problem I have with them is that you end up trying to use every possible command in every room.

Maybe a modern game that is much more flexible about your commands could be good.

I played Shardlight last week. I was hoping for something as good as Primordia, but it was pretty dull. Good art and voice acting, but disappointing puzzles and too much plot railroading. Also didn't do much with the cool setting.

I'm a sucker for these games.

>tfw my mind tries to get those memories back, but it gets filled with sorrow instead
I only remember Simon 2 was great and 3 was some 3d dogshit, but something happened back then and I can't remember any details, what the fuck.

Begginner friendly adenture games? Moron here, don't need insane puzzles.

Broken Sword

Aren't they making a new 2D game?

I believe LOOM is beginner-friendly. Puzzle are supposed to be pretty easy, but I've never played it.

I know this guy said no Telltale games, but Telltale games pretty much are babby's first adventure game. I mean stuff like the Sam & Max episodes, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future, etc. not things like the Walking Dead.

The problem with TellTale games is that they aren't adventure games. They're interactive story games. Its just about finding the one button, object or NPC to trigger the next cutscene. It would be like playing an old SCUMM game and your only options are push and talk.