Why are HD remakes always worse than the original?

Why are HD remakes always worse than the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5euzCNy22D4
exhentai.org/g/485279/ef63ba41c0/
youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dd1V816mVdU
youtube.com/watchv=g3aFPN2dEOA
youtube.com/watch?v=GHNWGXOmQZY
youtube.com/watch?v=5pD4HN5v7iI
youtube.com/watch?v=fdjZtaDepfA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PKLlq5O3q8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtPPZlOqk10
youtube.com/watch?v=9XGIs36jIxY&list=PLJOCStpvgbJ1D2icGYZDaH1jhzG7gC9pk&index=2&ab_channel=modshroom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

try to play the HD remake first, then try the original and suddenly that situation will feel reversed

Are you insinuating that Brotherhood was worse than FMA? Because you'd be wrong.

Not always.
Just if they are, they don't get talked about as much since there is nothing to talk about, it's just the game in HD.

But if they go wrong (which happens way more than it should) then people can shit post all day about it.

But the majority of HD collections have been good, especially the ones by Bluepoint.

They aren't always.

Brotherhood is worse than 2003 in every possible way.

Really? Because I ended up going back to the original, willingly.

Not really, no. If anything 03 series is massively flawed with how rushed the ending is.

>going back
talking about a situation where you did not play the original yet

Brotherhood was literally just 2003 but instead of going off in some bizarre, haribrained direction they actually faithfully followed the manga. Why would you say 2003 was better?

because it was my first

Not him, but the more grim and bitter resolution to things was a nice opposite conclusion to the far more upbeat ending of the manga. Really, both endings are pretty good since they're like two outcomes to one bad situation.

Maybe I'll have to rewatch it. It's been a while.

I like that 2003 stuck to some sort of rules with alchemy. In brotherhood it just seemed like a vector for cheesy shounen battles.

brotherhood has the best Greed, pride and based King Bradly

I'd say Ed gets more character growth in Brotherhood/Manga, but I do agree that both are fine.

I really do love that final scene where he confronts Truth and is still affected by Nina, gives up alchemy, and Truth goes on to compliment Ed on learning his lesson and lets him take Al home.

2003 did the beginning shit better since brotherhood skims over it (like nina) but other than that brotherhood is better in every way

>they actually faithfully followed the manga
Which was horrendously paced.

>but instead of going off in some bizarre, haribrained direction they actually faithfully followed the manga

Not that I disagree with Brotherhood being superior, it's not like 2003 FMA had a choice with following the manga. Arakawa herself felt that it would be pointless having the first anime getting diluted with filler when it would inevitably catch up to the manga. So they decided from the get go to do an original story when they inevitably ran out of manga material to adapt.

Consider killing yourself for having such shit taste.

It was better not because of the story (though you could argue about that), but because the animation was leagues and leagues better. And animation is the prime characteristic of an anime, before story, before backgrounds, before VAs.

If you think the animation wasn't cheaper in 2009, well that's just sad that you can't judge creative, well researched key animations for what they are.

The OST and voice acting was also better anyway so yeah there you go.

fuck off cucks 2003 was fucking awfull

The animation in Brotherhood was just as good.

That, and the director himself wanted to make the changes from the outset, it was just pure coincidence that the manga author was like "Yea, I don't want a straight adaptation just yet"

2003 greed > brotherhood greed

The story in 2003 did the themes justice, and the ending was bittersweet and lifelike instead of being a American style happy ending.

Are you talking about HD Remasters or Remakes? Or is this thread just an excuse to talk about FMA?

But Mangahood Greed actually develops as a character. 03 Greed is just "I want things, but I'm not totally evil. And now I'm dead."

Still sucks that his original VA wasn't brought back when he's reborn in the chink. As entertaining as Troy can be at times, there wasn't any reason to change the voice.

That is genuinely terrible and it's funny because I had that in mind when I wrote my post.

If you don't see what's wrong with it compared to the one I posted you're either legally blind or have some sort of moronic personality disorder clouding your judgment.

thats not good animation. not enough frames makes the motion look like a slideshow. also the hair isnt behaving realistically.
to be fair, its a hard scene to do.

>watching anime past the age of 3

>i have superior taste in japanese cartoons

Both were pretty unrealistic, though. They both involve magical solutions, just with the first anime being more bleak about it. Yet the mangahood version still makes it clear that you can't solve all your problems with one solution and have to be content with the cards dealt to you.

>you're either legally blind or have some sort of moronic personality disorder clouding your judgment.

Translation: Stop liking what I DON'T like

It is good animation. Just because it's not done with as many frames doesn't change the fact that it's well animated.

>Travis gets Laura on her knees every night

The majority are inferior to the original games emulated. Meaning the original game is better.

And if they aren't worse, they're still not good because they look worse or have longer loading or something like that.

>2003's animation

I know it's been years but 2003 has about a million stills every episode. I mean when it does animate shit its good but 75% of every episode is just people standing around

>watching moving pictures past the age of 3.

You're a retard.

Nice comeback, kid. :)

03 Lust > Brotherhood Lust

>Fan fiction tier ending that leaves everyone disappointed and confused.
>better then a cohesive ending that leaves it open to be expanded upon.

if Arakawa wanted to she could just start another manga of the same world except instead of Amestris it would be focused on the nation of Xing and Ling Yao as the protag (With Alphonse popping in here and there) focusing on him becoming emperor of Xing and the country's Alkahestry.

Tell me which one sounds better ?

>Just because it's not done with as many frames doesn't change the fact that it's well animated.
No. Good animation means good motion. A series of keyframes is not good animation. It needs more inbetweens to be good animation.

So did she have a penis? Because the cost for her creation was obviously that guy's penis.

And that is good motion. You don't have to like it yourself, but stop acting like it's completely inferior.

I'd say that brotherhood is ultimately better as a whole but the 03's movie was better than brotherhoods movie.

It was obvious that the 03 anime they were rushed because they outpaced the anime so they had to come up with content. It hurt the writing for while because they couldn't keep the themes completely consistent.

I'm not either of the people you replied to both of them are right.

You're a retard.

>both of them are right

No, not really. But please, keep making shit arguments because you have no capacity to understand that people like different things.

Stop being so insecure. All Im saying is it needs more inbetweens to be good animation.
As it is right now its a slideshow of keyframes with not enough inetweens. Thats just a fact. Whether you like it or not is unrelated.

Never played an HD remake, but I've played HD remasters which usually retains stuff or becomes even better.
Except for Heroes III.

>not posting this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=5euzCNy22D4

but which one had the better NINA scene?

It's hardly being insecure when I'm saying the animation is good. And it doesn't look like a "slideshow" no matter how many times you say that.

The panda is actually fighting too.

>tfw you share this board with anime plebs that didn't read the manga

Well thats convenient for you. End of discussion right? Grow up.

03 definitely had the better build up, but I'd say the revelation of Tucker's cruelty is the same as they're both well played by the voice actors. Still, is such a shame they rushed the start of Brotherhood. Another 3-4 episodes and things would have been just fine.

Only one who needs to grow up is you with that attitude of yours.

Fuhrer did nothing wrong

>you will never take out a tank and half of a small army while in your 60s

The cow goes "moo"
The cat goes "meow"
The dog goes Edward

I felt that the 03 version had a much better soundtrack as a whole, and I liked the bleaker tone. There seemed to be more restraint. The rushed post-Greed death section has its issues, but I liked the smaller-scale story (until the movie).

Brotherhood's supporting cast gets too big toward the end and not enough main characters die or are in serious enough of a risk to create a sense of urgency. I felt myself getting burned out in the last 15 episodes of Brotherhood.

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were improved from their originals with Hero Mode alone. WW also got the Swift Sail while TP got that Ganondorf amiibo functionality.

Bradley was such a fucking badass. Loved him all the way through both shows.

>Not enough frames
What if I told you, life wasn't in 60fps

kek

Shame they shafted Gluttony and him in the 03 version.

>He can age for some reason, lol
>He was made to convert stones despite all other homunculi having some kind of tragic past, lol

delet

>have to live life on low settings

Never gets old.

As nice as those inclusions were, WWHD suffered from too much bloom (which Nintendo could have easily patched to tone it down a little), and TPHD just looked more like a Dolphin emulation with a few tweaks to the more tedious moments (the bug hunts).

Is that Gluttony's origin in 03? I don't even remember the explanation for him ever being given. I liked the idea of homunculi being failed human transmutations better than the Brotherhood method, but it could have been fleshed out more and better explained (Bradley/Gluttony)

>grim and bitter

FMA wasn't a gritty grimdark series you literal retard

It was a shonen magical science adventure

>Not living life with settings: chromosomes: super high

Oh, are we doing this now?

It's best to watch both entirely, but the last time I rewatched I did 03 up to greed and then started Brotherhood from the beginning. Was pretty great.

Well the SotC and DMC ones were good. So were the ratchet and clank ones even on vita.

>not gritty and grimdark
>that little girl that got fused with her dog

Except it had grim moments, retard. Did you not see the part where the little kid is turned into a rejected muppet and then blown up by a not-Islamic man? Or see all the post-war PTSD that the military people suffered from?

How about fucking having knowledge of the series you're talking about before you shitpost?

>actually thinking brotherhood is better than 03 solely because "hurr if follows the manga!" and it has a happy ending
Who cares? the anime original story was still far better than brotherhood that has a million fodder characters that no one cares about.
I want reddit to leave

remember that one time when Hitler was in Full Metal Alchemist?

Nowhere near as dark as 03 post-departure from the manga.

Brohood is definitely the better overall show, but the parallel universe twist and the Conqueror of Shambala movie is so damn good IMO.

Is brotherhood a remake? I always thought it was like shippuden to Naruto.

It still had grim moments, just wasn't as overall bleak.

>nostalgia glasses vs purists
>the post

It's the original story of the manga told from beginning to end.

>im so cool! "Le contrarian"
Neck yourself coon
It was shit

Its the true to manga version while 03 was the "lets bullshit some ending because the manga isn't finished" version.

I know I'm probably the minority here but I liked the atmosphere better in the first anime but the story much better in brotherhood. I remember the music in the first much more fondly and some important scenes just seem more mystical but you could tell they had no clue what the fucking they were doing with the homonculi, it suffered from too many throw-away episodes, too many characters were pointless and impermanent, and the ending was completely unsatisfying. Brotherhood fixed all these things but the CG shit was vomit inducing and the music wasn't as memorable.

I fucking love both though. I remember downloading every original episode to DVD-Rs as soon as I figured out how to download shit all those years ago

Nostalgiafags, please get off Brotherhood's ass.Your 2003 version was crap.

FMA 03 was a much better story than brotherhood. there were some cool concepts in brotherhood i wouldve liked to see in the original though (like olivia armstrong, and definitely not any of the "asian" cast)

But I still dont forgive the original for The Phantom Thief. what a fucking piece of shit. on top of breaking continuity really really bad and never being mentioned again.

>le manga is better by virtue of being le manga meme
I started reading it before you

As clichéd as Father's whole "I want to become a god" shtick was, it was far more engaging than Dante's "I don't want to die. Now fuck me, son of my ex-husband!"

It was even a nice touch how the anime adlibbed his line about simply wanting to further his knowledge about the world before he got pulled back to the other side.

>it's not the manga ending so it's automatically shit
and yet the anime original is still better

>breaking continuity really really bad and never being mentioned again
I love both 03 and brotherhood, but after watching brotherhood I realized that 03 is FULL of this shit. I like how in brotherhood there was actually a plan to use characters

First half of 2003>First half of Brotherhood

Last half of Brotherhood>Last half of 2003

Where brotherhood dropped the ball was trying to rush as haphazardly as possible past the stuff that the 2003 series already covered. Presumably they did this so the audience wouldn't get bored. But it really only managed to do two things

1. Annoy fans of 2003 who were constantly comparing scenes unfavourably for brotherhood

2. Alienate new fans.

I think the best example of this comes from the differences between Ed becoming a State alchemist. In brotherhood it's like two scenes in 10 minutes. 2003 gives so much more time and weight to it. It's also strange because many key figures and events early on in the series get rushed over, but later on become major motivational factors for the characters (like hugh's death). The problem comes from the fact that in brotherhood all these key moments were rushed over, meaning they lack the same impact.

His character is pretty tragic. I also liked how Hoenhiem was vindicated for his personal journey later in the series.

Most of them, anyway. What the hell ever happened to Sheska? She's there, and then just GONE with no word. Even most of the literal who military people either got killed or arrested by the end.

Fair enough.
I actually strongly dislike 03 after the divergence from the source material and much prefer the manga/brotherhood.

>Ed becoming a State alchemist
In 2003 it really reminded me of a pokemon battle for some fucking reason. It does make a bigger deal of finding he can use alchemy without a circle, though I've forgotten why he can do that in the 03 anime

>nostalgia
>Le contrarian

this is literally every goddamn argument brotherhoodfags have.

As I mentioned in another post, they could have easily remedied this with another 3 or so episodes. One to cover the train where Hughes is actually met, another to give some more time for Ed's state exam (though the manga version was about the same as the brotherhood version), and then another to pad out things like the Tucker family.

Never watched this show. Should I go with the original version or remake?

The majahal episode is what I always remember as the epitome of this, not to mention how Yoki is pointless along with his whole episode. The impostor brothers really do nothing as well.

I'm pretty sure Yoki dies in the 03 anime because they couldn't' figure out anything for him to do, which is grim and cool and all but I like how he became a lackey in brotherhood

It was still asspull and rushed, like it or not.
The ending has so much jarring and random jumps in it that it didn't feel like a proper ending, happy or sad.
That dumb ending then leads us into the godawful movie where they go, "Hey remember WW2? Notice the parallels? Lets rub all these parallels in until you get the inspirations for the setting!"
That afterbirth alone was bad enough to outweigh any of the good in 03.

Thing is in 2009 everyone who was ever going to get into FMA had already read/watched it, so BONES just figured they'd get to the new stuff as soon as possible, since fantasy shounen was dying in popularity at the time.

Both, ending of the OG version is ass though.
Both are great in their own right.

Better than any moe shit.

If you want a shorter anime that's willing to sacrifice story for atmosphere go with 03, if you want a longer anime that's more action packed and has a better story but gets pretty shonen-like sometimes go with brotherhood.

Or just watch both because they're both good.

The original followed the manga's early parts better but when it was made, the manga wasnt finished yet so they had to improvise on the ending

The remake follows the manga's full story but the start is kinda of rushed

Go watch both

03 anime more or less goes with the same idea as the manga that opening the gate sees the opener getting a massive information dump. But as we know, the mangahood goes further by giving some explanation to why the gates hold all this information whereas the 03 anime ultimately went with it being a portal to our earth.

Brotherhood had the best story and best characters

BECAUSE ITS THE SAME FUCKING GAME YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED

No you dont get it. both animes have asspulls and sketchy stuff (including the overall plot of brotherhood, which was literally the 'sharingan on the moon' plan from naruto)

phantom thief was obviously made without giving a shit about the history and religion setup from the 03 show. and no, its not because it was made up by a janitor like anime fans believe, the story was setup with studio bones and the original creator, who said she wanted both series to have two different endings. (until she saw the massive cha-ching coming her way)

Now, Phantom thief breaks continuity, and the foruth wall iirc, for a COMEDY FILLER EPISODE. its the only independent episode in the series, with the only character never seen again, and iirc it was full of lupin references. low fucking class and just plain shit. if they were gonna make that shit they shouldve done it BEFORE the episode where the little girl gets mutilated and dies.

The only character that seemed better at times in 03 was mustang, and the only reason I feel that way is because I think I felt his mourning for Hughes more in the 03 anime. In brotherhood he has his shit on lock down the whole time and is generally unflappable

>Ed never fucked that little Asian loli

no and fuck you

Yoki definitely should have had his arc in Brotherhood since it would have made his "return" more engaging. Granted, they'd have to do it without Lyra, but that alone would have made the retelling different enough.

As for the fake brothers, they were entertaining, but did pretty much have nothing between their first and last appearances. Hell, I don't even think they got a mention in the movie despite the older brother pretty much telling Ed to come back.

Something I always hated about this series (in all its incarnations) is how Ed and Al would all of a sudden stop, stare at the floor, get all dark and moody, and start navel gazing about 'uhhhhhhh dogs of the military uhhhhhhhhh it's not fair uhhhhhhh'

And yet the setting never really seemed to be convincing about military life being sucky. For the most part the boys were allowed to run and doing whatever the fuck they wanted, and most people were pretty accommodating to them. It always felt like a cheap, half-assed attempt to inject dramatic themes.

in spite of the shitposting going on, watch the original first and then watch brotherhood. The 03 version diverges from the manga and becomes its own thing but the original stuff is still really good.

That as it may be, they shouldn't have skimmed/abridged so much stuff. Hell, they even took out great moments like Armstrong and Izumi's husband becoming bros during the Greed arc, which made their reunion in Central all the more epic.

Can't really call one short and the other long when one is like 50 episodes and the other is 64. Theh both essentially take the same investment.

it was kind of cheap (but mildly entertaining) how the OG story of yoki was told in a monologue instead of an episode, but it really was a throwaway episode in 03 anyway so it would have been a waste of time to retell in a full ep imo

Why does Cred Forums have better anime discussion than Cred Forums itself?

For me the biggest asspull in brotherhood is:

Why were Ed and Al allowed free roam? The only reason they were allowed to live as long as they did was because they were a sacrifice. But they repeatedly endangered themselves and Father's plans. Why not just capture them early and lock them away?

It's not like their nature as 'sacrifices' required some sort of maturation like a fucking fruit, Roy was forced into becoming one 5 minutes before the fact and it still worked fine.

But Al does.

>That one doujin where he has taught May to talk like a little slut to him

Cred Forums is mostly waifu shitposting

Because Cred Forums can discuss anything adequately that isn't videogames

if you watch them on Critical Role you can see just how afraid Travis is of Laura

I don't think they see the characters from the Majahal episode either, no?

And not trying to take for granted the vitriol you clearly have for the phantom episode, but I'm not talking about cliche's like the "eating god shit" as much as i'm talking about entire episodes that can be skipped with no consequence to the understanding of what's going on

because just having a board for japanese cartoons is like just having a board for pokemon or my little pony or for retro games.

things get weird. even in general boards like v and tv things can get weird but theyre not the same breed of autism.

its also why i never go to /ck/. its dead and shitty. id be better off making a stealth thread here or make one on Cred Forums.

Anyone seen the movies? Awful stuff, but both Shamballa and Milos were well-animated, especially the latter.

>throwaway episode

Not completely, it was the debut of OC donut Lyra, but that was about it, and plenty probably had forgotten about her until Dante first appears roughly 20 odd episodes later.

that's like what, 7 more hours?
Yeah I suppose not, I guess since the ending of 03 was so jarring it felt shorter

Oh shit, have a link?

Oh right, I forgot about Forgettable: The Character. Were the impostor kids in that town as well? Now I'm forgetting

I think Milos had a decent story, and could have easily fit into the original story had they put some effort into saying WHEN it took place. Of course, I would have preferred a post-manga story with Ed and Al traveling around separately but stopping some kind of connected threat.

I think it did a lot of things better, The handling of the talking Chimera arc for example. The Parallel Universe twist was really interesting and NOT an asspull like some retards who can't pick up on clues are calling it

Brotherhood was way more "shounen" and has a lot of faults that come with being that (holy fuck the overused chibi art and they cant go an episode without making atleast 2 Ed is short jokes fuck off) but I still think it comes out on top for having a more memorable journey overall.

Fucking mangafags hold that shit up like its the second coming of christ though holy fuck relax it's not that much better than 03

exhentai.org/g/485279/ef63ba41c0/

Enjoy.

No. The brothers were only in the two-parter they appeared in (based on the first novelization tied to the series), and then don't reappear until near the climax.

I thought they weren't really in a rush and were so smug with power that it was a "you can't run far away enough or hide good enough and you're so below us we can just come scoop you up when we're ready" sort of thing. I thought that was supposed to fit the theme of humans being perceived as weak and easy to control blah blah blah blah blah

Both times I've watched Milos it's nearly put me to sleep. I don't know what it is about it, but it's so damn boring.

on top of that, roy was allowed free roam too. he was their biggest enemy in that show. he was an engine of destruction with military and political ties. but he was allowed free roam and to keep all his power and authority.

why?

because they thought HE MIGHT do human transmutation ONE DAY. i guess on hughes(?).

Brotherhoods actual plot, once revealed, ruined the show for me. the villains (who turns out are just one villain made in a test tube), the story, the pacing, everything.

and if you can FORCE SOMEONE TO DO HUMAN TRNASMUTATION, why did you decide to USE FOUR OF THE BEST ALCHEMISTS IN THE WORLD (and izumi) WHO ARE KILLING YOU AND RUINING ALL YOUR PLANS INSTEAD OF ANYONE ELSE? YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A BACKUP IF ONE OF THEM DIES.

It really just made the villains and their plans look shit.

Centuries and centuries of 'planning'... except it all hinges on a gaggle of people being haphazardly brought together right before the fact.

To be fair, they only hint about the parallel worlds when Ed recalls his trip through the gate, and then start hinting at there being behind the scary door when Dante starts using it like a garbage disposal.

>implying Brotherhood isn't supremely better

>implying anything in 2003 will top this

youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ

>Ed is short jokes

These completely stopped after the timeskip. You're exaggerating.

Never got like that for me, but I can see how its being "just a random misadventure" can be seen as boring to most fans.

well, he does die. thats also the intro to lust in the series.

theres only two episodes with important characters never seen again. the literal comedy filler episode (havok's date). and the phantom thief.

Why don't Mustang and Hawkeye just get together, since they obviously love each other so much?

>they cant go an episode without making atleast 2 Ed is short jokes fuck off

Manlet detected.

if I remember right brotherhood sticks to the manga more closely

pretty much, because they/he see(s) humans, no matter their alchemical power, as such weak pieces of shit that they can just be picked like fruit and used whenever they want, and they're fond of rubbing it in.

I mean, it fucking worked, and father could even completely put the lid on alchemy in the whole region effortlessly. Can't say he cared about putting the homoculi in danger either because he never cared about them at all

Cred Forums is massive compared to Cred Forums so you're more likely to see posts that fit your tastes. Cred Forums also has mostly surface-level discussion of entry level shows, which isn't inherently bad but has been done to death on the on-topic board.

And good discussion on a board is often taken for granted while shitposts take all the attention, there are good threads on Cred Forums and Cred Forums that you can't really have anywhere else but there's also a huge load of shit

>Brotherhood was way more "shounen" and has a lot of faults that come with being that
This is true but with that you get the advantages, like a story that does eventually come together because you have a typical big bad guy who has to be stopped (03 has that too but Dante is such a weird, stupid villain) and important characters who aren't thrown into the trash and actually get to have an arc like Scar and Hoenheim.

You're a cool guy user, thank you

Inappropriate conduct towards a senior officer/subordinate? Not in my military!

I mean, episodes where fucking nothing happens but an important character shows up at the last second and goes "muahahaha" is a typical anime trope. Reminds me of inyasha or some shit

I like this 03 opening way more, mainly for the music

No problem.

just promote Hawkeye then

Motherfuck, forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=dd1V816mVdU

Cred Forums has already discussed every entry-level series to death so they have to discuss niche shit and seasonal shit, most of which is (you guessed it) shit. Every season I pick like 8-10 shows to watch and I drop all but maybe 2 or 3 within a few episodes and that's being charitable, so imagine discussing nothing but that type of shit all the time and try to stay enthusiastic. Cred Forums is the same way with games, just too jaded.

all of the openings are good in both shows (except ready steady go. nice song, but a shit opening. and doesnt fit FMA).

but the theme song for the franchise to me will always be Melissa.

Not with Silent Hill

But is there good Fullmetal Alchemist games?

apparently theres a decent one for the ds.

i never tried it though.

Brotherhood is just the mango but animated isn't it? And didn't the mango come first?

Devil May Cry had great HD ports.

While you are at it please also say Hellsing TV is better than Hellsing Ultimate. That way you trigger all the anons.

FMA is shit
In a parallel universe it was Shaman King which got popular not this emo garbage

The PS2 ones were alright, though I wish they had made a huge RPG one for Brotherhood.

>Go through the entire story from start to finish
>Get to play as every combat ready character
>Alchemy can manipulate nearly everything in the world (within reason of that character's alchemic skill)
>Maybe even some "What-if?" scenarios either based on content from the first anime and the novels, or just if some events played out differently

Wrong.

Sly collection is better then the originals
Ratchet Trilogy is better then originals
Jak trilogy is better then originals
DMC HD collection is better then originals
MGS collection is better then originals, Especially PW
Hitman trilogy is better then originals
Yakuza 1/2 HD are WAY better then the originals
Wingwaker HD is better in everything except graphics
OOt/MM3D are better then the originals
Mario 64Ds is better then the original
Starfox 64 improves the original greatly
TOS has more content then the original
RE 4/5/6 HD trump the originals
RE:make is a godsend from the original
REmake 2 will be just as awesome.

Only bad ones are Silent hill and uninspired ones like Last of us Remastered

To my understanding it was a weird situation where the anime started after the manga started, but the anime eventually passed the manga so they had to make shit up which explains why there are loose ends and unfinished concepts in 03. Still good though.

If you were given the chance to make your perfect FMA game, what kind of game would it be?
And more importantly: how would you handle alchemy?

buddy, the story of Brotherhood was WAY better than that of the 2003 anime. The way that the corruption of Amestris' military and government was set up, and how the story unfolded to progressively show you all the successive layers of Father's plan and how the MCs couldn't wriggle out from under them, was way better than anything in the 03 anime.

Plus, the ending of Brotherhood wasn't NEARLY as shonen as people on Cred Forums typically dismiss it as, because the good guys don't win when Ed 1v1s Father, they win when Father and Hohenheim deploy their grand keikakus at the same time, and Hohenheim's keikaku wins. Ed soloing Father just hastens the inevitable -- Father was going to get BTFO by Truth regardless of Ed kicking the shit out of him, all Ed did was lessen the amount of collateral damage before that could happen.

>And animation is the prime characteristic of an anime, before story, before backgrounds, before VAs.
LOL
Spoken like a true pleb
Animation is the last priority in most anime since they always have crap animation

Hellsing TV had a cool OP

But goddamn was it low quality as fuck.

But nobody thinks the Hellsing anime had a better story, only better music than Ultimate, which did get really good by the 6th ova once the guy who did the anime's music hopped onboard.

I want a reskinned Dragon Quest 8. That is all.

First post best post.

Umm neither is this tho Both are choppy pieces of shit

>animated series that requires multiple image frames to complete, 21 minute episodes each of this shit

>a fucking picture book took longer than that

how the fuck does that happen

OOt/MM3D are fucking trash. get out of here.

>Sly collection is better then the originals
>Ratchet Trilogy is better then originals
>Jak trilogy is better then originals
I heard these had issues regarding framerate and worse visuals.

those last few episodes were really great edge-of-your-seat action.

I also like how they did the homunculi WAY more since it makes sense now WHY there are seven of them and they're all named after sins. Not to mention the tragic irony that embodies most of them. Greed was the best.

>The way that the corruption of Amestris' military and government was set up

That irked me about the 03 series. They imply that the military is corrupt, but it seems like only a few people, whereas the Mangahood makes it clear that everyone above the rank of Colonel is pretty much in Father's pocket or controlled by someone in his inner circle.

I've seen people like TV better than OVA. Now assuming not every single one of them was just trying to stir shit up they are probably just massive nostalgiafags just like FMA '03 fags.

money.

iirc FMA was in shonen jump, or some similar service. mange can make huge returns when split up properly, compared to anime, which has a more interested public but is far more costly and the audience is a lot hungrier.

>why?
because Roy had a ton of political and military ties that would have gotten extremely pissed off at having their pal locked up forever? Why do governments IRL not immediately lock up suspected traitors as soon as they uncover them?

Furthermore, Roy was also a very talented alchemist and strategist, so having him continue to do his actual job within the military as a state alchemist was beneficial to the government's interests, because he was actually quite good at it.

>if you can force someone to do human transmutation, why bother with this crap?
because forcing Mustang to do human transmutation beat the shit out of Pride, and was very explicitly stated to be a last resort because of how hurtful it was to the Homunculi who was doing the forcing?

Did you even pay attention to the show that you're criticizing?

To be fair, gifs and webms don't capture the complete quality of actually watching from a BD or a high-quality rip.

I have no idea, maybe the author took a vacation or something, or ran out of paper for a few months

FMA started in 2001 and ran in Square Enix's Shonen Gangan, a monthly magazine.

03 started in, you guessed it, 03. At that point there were literally only 22 chapters when they started the anime with each chapter being roughly 40 to 50 pages long.

Outsourced to random as fuck companies. Zone of the Enders HD had some California cucks and needed the original devs to patch it.

the manga has roughly four times as much content as 03

They are more useful to Father and the Homunculi doing their day-to-day jobs as state alchemists than being in jail, and maintaining the secrecy of their plan trumped taking action to imprison them. No inquiries.

Furthermore, it's not like Ed's actions mattered. They wouldn't have been able to stop Father, they lost. Father was right in assuming that they weren't a real threat to his plan, Hohenheim had to save them.

Hey now, there are legitimate reasons to like 03 over Brotherhood in some cases. Hellsing however, just nosedived in quality after they stopped following the manga (around the 6th or so episode with the Valentines), copping out with an OCDONUTSTEEL villain who looks like something right out of deviantart.

>doing their day-to-day jobs as state alchemists than being in jail

Except they never really did anything beyond hunting for the stone.

03 with out a doubt.
I love how in 03 not only does he say he did it because he could, he adds the extra explanation that he and his daughter where fucked either way if he passed or failed the exam and asks rhetorically so why do it, driving the point that he did it for his own obsession to see if he could.
it's the little things

The ones remastered by BluePoint are better than the original. The rest.. not so much.

except all the SoL action in the mango's beginning where you see them root around and expose corruption in various places around Amestris.

Plus, being state alchemists, their day jobs are RnD, like a university professor.

literally 03

this fucking part of the story was a short footnote in Brotherhood, made me so fucking mad because it was one of my favourite parts of 03

they made up for it with the handling of Hughes death though. It's like the effort they would have used for the Nina part all went into Hughes death and how it impacted characters for the rest of the series

Except that's exactly what happens to 03 once they ran out of manga content. They raped a girl pregnant, threw in the terminator, and went to Nazi germany.

All this talk of new vs. old has me wondering if the new Vampire Hunter D series will be any good.

Funny that after nearly 30 fucking years, they're finally giving it a tv show.

Brotherhood gave this, so it was all worth it

youtube.com/watchv=g3aFPN2dEOA

Hawkeye or Winry?

Except they had planned that from the start. The director of the 03 anime had wanted to do his own thing from the start, it wasn't the usual case of Bones having to asspull an ending like with Soul Eater and their other adaptions.

dont lock him up. fucking kill him. he didnt do his job, he spent the rest of the show going after the homomculi.

also i dont care how much it took it out of pride. that wouldnt be an issue if you didnt need to set it up hours before the event when you had hundreds of years.

fuck with the entire idea of state alchemists and the review process to become one and the shady shit they do in the show they really couldnt come up with another alchemist who does human transmutation? why not fucking kill hawkeye much much sooner to see if it would actually work when he doesnt know it would mean the bad guys win?

even ignoring the logic, lets say it all makes reasonable sense, its still lazy as all fucking shit. the plot and the ceremony itself is basically akin to a "prophecy" in terms of its narrative design. ed, al, izumi, hoenheim, and roy must all be kept alive throughout the whole show. hoenheim is doing god knows what, ed and al are discovering your weaknesses and history, and mustang couldve literally just fucking killed everything in this whole plan. on top of that, after the infinite tsukkiomi was set up, hoenheim immediately shuts it down. so now all we have left is the big final boss battle. such wasted fucking potential.

Winry.

Winry, without any hesitation.

> planned from the start
> still makes it an asspull
You can very clearly see the moment it diverges from the manga because literally nothing makes sense or matches up with the first half of the series.

>that one yuri doujin with hawkeye and winry
>that one doujin with hawkeye and olivier fucking an ed who doesn't want to cooperate

To be fair with Soul Eater though, the manga somehow builds to a shittier end than courage punch

>03
Gets raped and becomes a mute after the trauma/

>Brotherhood
Adopts 2 kids and lives pretty happily rebuilding her city.

>its a Cred Forums is Cred Forums episode
THIS ISNT VIDYA YOU FUCKING IDIOTS

>tfw you will never find a girl as loyal and loving as Riza Hawkeye

It was diverging since the beginning. Cornholio wasn't making bird monsters in the manga (though there was that retarded hulking out in Brotherhood, for some reason). Yoki didn't have any alchemist in his employ. Ed and Al never met Barry before he became a suit of armor like Al. And Alphonse's existential crisis didn't turn into a running away from home affair. Even before the point where the story completely diverges (Greed), the 03 series had been decided from the beginning to follow its own path and portrayal of the FMA world.

The level of discourse in this thread is way higher than it is in the average video game thread, so whatever.

Cry to me when the kids go to sleep.

Yui is based

In terms of Homunculi, 03 was better. Though Greedling was a great character.

He aged in both versions.

god this cunt's dumbass hair pisses me off to no end

Breast Madness is still objectively better than "lol, I can turn into a weapon too, and my nakikama will help me win over lunacy!"

>dont lock him up. fucking kill him. he didnt do his job, he spent the rest of the show going after the homomculi.
holy shit you're fucking stupid. if you don't want to risk locking a guy up for fear of retaliation and public inquiry into your secret plots, what would you think an assassination would trigger?
>he didn't do his job, he spent the rest of the show going after the homunculi
He works 9-5 in that office for a full workweek, and explicitly states that he has to keep up appearances. He spends the whole show doing his daily work (which he's extremely good at, in canon), and plots against the homunculi on the down low, in his spare time/bathroom breaks.

>this guy might be a threat to our plans
>so let's kill his GF and make him go nuclear on us!
wew lad

>I don't care that the manga explicitly tells you that the homunculi don't want to rely on forcing people to human transmute because it hurts them, and I want to keep spouting my baseless assertions to the contrary!

Please tell me that all 03pals aren't as dumb as you

show me both of these things, kind user

Yes, but the mangahood actually explains why, in that because his resistance to the stone's deadly infusion burnt it out to the point that all it did was elevate him slightly above other humans and give him the haxor eye.

Remakes can be amazing when done right

Reasons why 2003 is better than BH?
pic related

>did you spot it?

There will never be anyone in this life that has taste as shit as yours user. Congratulations.

Holy fuck the only thing 03 managed to do was make Lust more than a matchstick. Everyone else was awful beyond belief.

The thing that bothers me about 2003 is that you need the movie to get the true ending.

2003 actually did some interesting things with the source material, considering that when anime adaptations have to make up an ending.
One thing that always bugged me about 03 is that it has a glaring flaw.

If the homunculus are created when a person tries to bring a person back to life, and each one is based off a sin, what happens after someone tries an 8th human transmutation? Only 7 people in the history of the world have tried to bring someone back to life? I know it's taboo, but I seriously doubt only 7 people have had the balls to try it.

>what in the hell do you think that you're doing with my Lieutenant?

No
Bitrate has nothing to do with movement

Why did the movie even take place in Wiemar Germany? Why is that even a thing?

I mean its amusing, but no points for subtlety.

The search bar on sadpanda is your friend user.

this scene was done better in Brotherhood

youtube.com/watch?v=GHNWGXOmQZY

No way, kidwrath was annoying as fuck and useless compared to pride in brotherhood (as far as kids go), and bradley made a much better wrath. Greed had much more longevity in brotherhood rather than just being thrown away in 03 and was a better character as a result of being better developed. Sloth fucking SUCKED in both so it's kind of a wash even though the fight was much better in brotherhood than Morpha. I did like envy better in 03 than the cg monstrosity/shrill worm in brotherhood. Imo as a whole the homculi make much more sense as a whole in brotherhood. If human transmutation always produces a homunculi for some reason, why do they all perfectly fit seven sins? why does eating impure philosopher stones make them evil and annoying?

Scar did LITERALLY nothing wrong

discuss

They don't capture the quality as well as the source.

Armstrong might be the best character in anything ever. The facial reactions just make it so good.

lol r u dumb?

Armstrongs make everything good.

Same Director did that with Shaman King 2 years before FMA

Thanks Mizushima you faggot

> 2003
Scar is a fag.

> Manga
Scar isn't a fag.

> Brotherhood
Scar isn't a fag.

That pretty much says everything.

Izumi is the fucking tom bombadil of this series

>Name is Wrath
>is literally the most calm and subdued character in the entire series even under stress

Think it's based off of the whole 'parallels' thing. Amestris is essentially Germany circa 1930s.

what routine will give me Armstrong's physique?

Scar...had a hard life

Does scar die in the 03 anime? I completely forget what happens to him

How was it done better in Brotherhood?

It doesn't even exist in the first series.

2003 had a better Wrath and Pride than Brotherhood for this reason.

Oats, squats, and crying to lose water weight.

That scene where Olivier is kicking Alex's ass up and down the entire manor while the rest of the family is calmly planning a vacation was so fucking funny

He gets shot, dies and his body completes the Grand Arcanum, killing loads of soldiers and causing Alphonse to become a walking philosophers stone.

That's irrelevant you moron
The number of frames doesn't change

Pride maybe, but not wrath. Wrath fucking sucked in the 03 version, almost as bad as sloth.

Why is she fat?

>they cant kill him, there would be a revolt!
oh so thats why they tried to kill him. good thing there wasnt a revolt though!

>they cant kill his gf, then hed go nuclear!
good thing they didnt kill his best friend and make him go nuclear. and also rub it in his face. and also kill his gf except when he knows that bringing her back is what they want.

>Youre baseless when you say that homonculuses getting tired isnt a good reason to not have a secure, logically sensible plan!

also father can make more. or have people do it himself, since he has god-powers in that world. or any other scenario in the country that he owns full of alchemists he employs and the other alchemists that he wants to employ. or maybe its reasonable that other alchemists in the country he has eyes and ears everywhere in did the same thing as two children at some point.

>03 pals are dumb! (i assume this is like a "genwunner" for anime fans or whatever)
I dont give a shit, this is about brotherhood, and i guess the manga as well. its sloppy and shit. you really picked a good part in my post to stop arguing though. you just called me some Cred Forums meme and pretended i didnt perfectly explain why your show was shit.

He's so fucking mad he's transcended anger.

good taste

The only moron is you if you think webms and gifs do the animation any justice. Retard.

>str vs dex

Best FMA girl.

That's not Ed and Al's Mom

Only fat are those delicious tits.

>Buccaneer proudly got pegged by her every night until his death

Perhaps so, but he is the literal embodiment of Wrath, uncontrolled anger. A much better child homunculus than Selim, who was an uppity-cunty nigger throughout BH.

also 03 wrath was what made me realise I was into shotacon

>Calm

Wrath doesn't mean he has to be outwardly angry, but hes clearly seething.

Hes old Cred Forums.

>if you think webms and gifs do the animation any justice
It actually does and that is a fact
The same number of frames is in both versions
Deal with it idiot

Thats not General Armstrong.

Not to mention he's plenty wrathful in the finale. He's practically screaming about how hypocrital Scar is apparently being by accepting the other alchemy tattoo, while also being perplexed by the stubbornness of humans.

your own fetishes aside, Pride was great in brotherhood as being an uppity-cunty nigger is the embodiment of pride. The only thing I didn't get was how Ed reaches into his head and crushes his brain into a little baby. Then again, how wildboi becomes the tears of impotent wrath doesn't make any fucking sense either.

>2003
>Menacing, walking Menace
>Lethal in seconds
>Doesn't whimper and repent
>Stick to his ideals
>Goes down like a man

>Brotherhood
>Not particularly menacing
>flip flops
>Power looks less dangerous
>Turns into a lovesick puppy

you got it all wrong

Is Sloth randomly turning up in Armstrong's fort when Ed was there the most convenient coincidence ever?

Not in gifs you literaly retard, they compress the quality to piss levels. You fucking deal with it, shitlord.

You don't know what you're talking about idiot
It's still the same number of frames

>shitlord
>>>/tumblr/

scar fits the narrative of the show better in brotherhood than in 03, and he's just as fucking lethal

they didn't try to kill him you stupid fuck, they deliberately kept him alive

they killed Hughes before they knew how big of a fuckup doing so was, and it was indeed a massive fuckup. they slit Hawkeyes throat and used that as a bargaining chip to force him to do the transmutation precisely because they knew how bad he wanted to bring her back. Envy rubbed it in his face and tried to kill Hawkeye because he was in a fight to the death with them you fucking idiot.

>wasting something as costly and valuable as a homonculus to get a resource that pops up from time to time, for free, is a good plan
no, Father doesn't "make more." He recycles the homunculi that he's already made (you see him do this with Greed), because they're not very expendable.

Furthermore, the State Alchemist program is the exact method you just described to passively find people who already committed the taboo. Ed and Al were put on Father's watch list through precisely this method. Furthermore, Father implies that he was keeping tabs on Izumi as well.

Please just stop posting. Don't voluntarily keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Yea, the homunculi having "true forms" was a bit of a weird thing near the end. Suddenly Envy has the little lizard inside his head, Selim has a baby version of himself that grows into his kid self again. Father was the only one who really made sense having that, since he was directly stated as just imitating Hoenheim.

At least they didn't pull that with Greed and the others. Would have dumb if Gluttony had a malnourished version of himself, or Lust had a tumblr level true self who had security issues.

Because Amestris is literally the Germany from a parallel universe.

Also, yfw you figure out why alchemy works in Amestris but not our world

>tumblr invented shitlord meme

Nice deflection, retard. The fact remains that gifs and webms don't capture the quality perfectly. Stay wrong. Enjoy being wrong.

what was the point of the dick-sucking lips

>Please just stop posting. Don't voluntarily keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.
>you stupid fuck
>Please tell me that all 03pals aren't as dumb as you
>wew lad

I am gonna stop posting because your argument is devolving into shit like your show.

this is why anime has a containment board.

>he ignores almost 2000 characters of text to shitpost because he doesn't have a counterargument
y-you too

>scar fits the narrative of the show better
Yeah you mean the meek sanctimonious narrative the author built up in the second half

Because the author likes voluptuous women. She has been quoted as saying "Men should be buff, women should be VAVOOM"

I still don't get this

does your other-world counterpart have to die for you to be able to use alchemy without a circle?

do they need a point?

>The fact remains that gifs and webms don't capture the quality perfectly
What does that have to do with the animation?
Are you genuinely this retarded?

The number of frames doesn't change
Compression affects video quality not the animation(the movement) itself you retard

Kill yourself

It's been a long time since I've watched BH and I can't remember the exact details but I too remember not knowing what the fuck happened with Pride.

The whole thing with Izumi's Kid is the fact that feeding redstones to homunculi gives them strength. Plus, Envy had indoctrinated him into his new position as Wrath amongst the other homunculi.

Women can't write a good story. Prove me wrong.

This is ironic considering most Nips are flat as a board lmao

Fullmetal Alchemist. There.

>inb4 the manga doesn't have a good story
>inb4 the 03 anime had a better story
muh nostalgia!

Frankenstein.

I remember watching one version and then telling myself to watch the other for comparison but I never got around to it and now I've forgotten which one is which.

Which version ends in the main guy sacrificing his alchemy to save the brother?

>muh nostalgia!

>muh canon

It gives them "power" (somehow) but why is he Wrath? why does he need to be the embodiment of wrath? for what reason? Why does the kids mom need to be sloth? it makes no fucking sense and they should have just ditched the names, demeanor, and special powers entirely for 03

>he fell for the meme

Compression can affect the animation, retard. Clearly you don't know what you're talking about if you think these file types are flawless captures of the animation.

Stay the fuck wrong.

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers was a good book.

I'd honestly have to go with winry

Shadow of the collosus

that'd be brotherhood

09 version.

I want it to be an arpg with combat inspired from Dragon's Dogma, like you have R1 and L1 to access all your skills (maybe even press them simultaneously to get even more powerful but slower skills like that bird cage Ed used on the girl with the automail leg from Rush Valley) and fast attack / slow attack on square and triangle, jump on X (some aerial skills are the same as ground ones and some are changed), etc.

But there is a lot of downtime in the story with no combat so I don't think that'd ultimately work well, but if someone did that I'd have a raging boner.

Fullmetal Alchemist.

>why is he Wrath
Childish Temperament + Superhuman Abilities = one dangerous angry kid

>Why does the kids mom need to be sloth?
Sloth is the maternal figure among the 7 homunculi, being Ed and Al's mother and all. Plus it makes for an interesting plot point.

How would you make a stealth cooking thread on Cred Forums?

>Compression can affect the animation
No it cannot
It does not alter the number of frames hence it does not affect the animation

kys

It was done a lot sooner in the first series.

Manly men communicating solely through their muscles is truly a work of art.

Yes.

Thank you.

would be kind of fun if lust was really ugly or covered in sores. Greed was a scary mask... for some reason. I guess gluttony was supposed to be a doorway.

What is not entry level for you? Moe blob shit? Slice of life shipping faggotery?

Pillow hugger core anime?

Explain

Complain about how cooking mama isn't making you a better cook. Then show the food that you made and challenge others to do better.

But how many people on Cred Forums actually know how to cook.

You heard right.

underrated comment

Not him but shit that isn't mainstream garbage

It can poorly render the framerate, hence affecting the animation if they're made poorly.

Ergo, you're wrong. So kill yourself, kiddo.

FMA Warriors when

maybe it just cycles, and only 7 people in the history of people have been both smart and reckless enough to try it?

not that much of a stretch

Cred Forums is full of normal fags so you might have some people with legitimate knowledge on healthy cooking.

I need to know how to cook greens so I guess im gonna try it at some point.

If I remember correctly Curse of the Crimson Elixer was a fairly decent ARPG.

This happens in one of the non-canon VNs, I dunno if it was official or not. Although I think the new homunculus just ended up replacing Pride I think.

But why necessarily wrath? He could have just as easily been envious. The fact that they just all happened to fit the seven deadly sins for no real reason (and there are only seven of them) just seemed stupid, but in brotherhood it makes perfect sense since father was trying to purify out all of the sinful souls from his soul cocktail in order to try to elevate himself above humans

And why sloth? Why is she slow? Why did they call her sloth and she just fits that bill because ___? The honest truth is that they really had no plan because they were working with already established characters but decided to go in a different direction for their point/creation plots

>It can poorly render the framerate
What the hell are you talking about?
Yes you can lower the framerate when making gifs but I doubt those had examples had their framerates altered

They were most likely animated in 3s or 2s at most anyways

Because a dedicated anime board would have discussed many anime to death, leaving only shitposting since people have nothing to talk about. On a videogame board, there aren't nearly as many people aquainted with the subject meaning that it's easier to have new takes and positions on a given topic

There is some Korean or Chinese visual novel that had Ed becoming Pride/Wrath or whatever.

Thing was like the ending of the 03 anime times a million.

We do already.
Start a thread with the video of that guy who is bad at cooking and uses to much butter and make the post "any videogames with good cooking in them?" then continue to post webms

Entry-level isn't necessarily bad, it's just mainstream or easy to watch stuff
Pretty much anything that aired on Toonami could be considered entry-level, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for example isn't

So it's bad just because it's popular?

What the hell are you on about? Why are you autistically dragging this whole thing out when the damned argument ended over an hour ago?

Dungeon Meshi

>Start a thread with the video of that guy who is bad at cooking and uses to much butter
who?

Post a single example of non entry level anime

2003 before dante - 8/10
2003 after dante - 2/10
BH overall - 6/10

BH is a boring battle shounen, but it's consistent. If 2003 didn't go off the rails it could have been AOAT.

Ending was retarded. No closure with dante at all and they fucked off to fight nazis for some dumb shit.

>Dante

That really isn't a name for a woman at all.

yes that's exactly it *rolleyes*

>Meanwhile, in central command Cred Forums

Monster

They did give closure to Dante, she got ate by Gluttony. Who then somehow mutated because apparently eating someone with 1% battery life stone turns you into shonenburg.

2003 before dante - 8/10
2003 after dante - 6/10
BH overall - 8.5/10
BH last few episodes - 10.5/10

Because the ending was the movie.

And lack of closure would be entirely legitimate, sometimes people get fucked hard, and that's that and it's good that there are courageous writers who can represent that.

But they do have some closure at the end of the movie. Except not one that's magically handed to them by the world. One that they have to interpret themselves on their own like in the real world.

cronenberg?

overrated shit

>Alright, who approved the miniskirt policy... for men?

Does that look good for (You)? Honest question here.

The movie was bullshit. They turned Hughes into a Nazi.

I did
There's also Shiki, Tatami Galaxy, and Lain
Entry-level anime just refers to easily accessible stuff that most people can enjoy, more weird or niche stuff generally falls out of this category

this. Cred Forums could talk about anything with little hostility as long as it wasn't videogames. soon as a videogame is mentioned hostility goes from 4 to Ghandi with nukes in Civ

>BH last few episodes - 10.5/10
>canned happy ending
>Kamehameha and fist of friendship

0.5/10

>Looking at it so superficially

No wrath can also mean vengeance or punishment arising from great anger or provocation. Wrath was his father's wrath and only showed up to fight when people were fucking up his plans. He was retaliatory and vengeful. Kind of like how in mythology or religion a god would send a natural disaster to punish people. The tornado or flood or whatever is his wrath fucking people over but the natural disaster itself doesn't feel anything. This is even more likely with the fact that father fancied himself as godlike.

But they aren't magically handed anything in the manga ending. Ed gives up the very thing he loved doing, realizing he was trying to fight fire with fire when the real answer was water.

Brotherhood is fantastic.

Compared to a lot of modern anime, yes. There's actually stuff going on instead of just two or more characters standing around, or shit like Naruto where they just hold a single pose while the "background" blurs behind them for 20 fucking goddamn mcfucking minutes.

>They turned Hughes into a Nazi.
They didn't turn him into a Nazi. That's his real life counterpart. And it's one of the smartest things they could have done.

To show how much you can differ if you are born in a completely different context

Fuck you, the final fight was more interesting than the entirety of the 03 anime. And if you're comparing it to the ending of the 03 anime (possibly the worst ending in any anime) there's no contest.

so it's all animes about little girl? Really? That's why Cred Forums feels so smug about 'entry level' with adult male protagonists?

>remaking a game rather than just remastering it

Fuck you Beamdog.
The only dev to do this shit right is bluepoint because all they do is upscale, they don't remake shit.

it's also boring as fuck and not what anybody wanted. The movie was pointless.

Which FMA is the most kinky?

I'd put my money on Sheska, who probably read and retained the sexual positions mentioned in dozens of adult literature.

Paranoia Agent

People always post the Greed vs. Ed fight as "proof" of the animation being great in 2k3.

But let's be honest. That was the best, and only good, fight in the entire fucking show.

>Ed gives up the very thing he loved doing
They make it look like it's actually a good thing. Don't be that guy who flip flops his interpretation to unilaterally defend shit writing.

> realizing he was trying to fight fire with fire when the real answer was water.
>If you kill your enemy you'll be just like him
Sanctimony is a stale cliche

She disappeared off the face of the earth later in the series.

>realizing he was trying to fight fire with fire when the real answer was water.
>If you kill your enemy you'll be just like him
>Sanctimony is a stale cliche
The fuck are you talking about? He was clearly talking about the secret to getting Al's body back.

The reason he didn't kill Envy was because he felt empathy for him in that moment, and he DID try and kill Pride, he just stopped when Pride was left a fetus instead of dead by his attempt. Not to mention Father gets killed and no one bats an eye because he deserved it, as does Wrath.

nice meme faggot xD

>and not what anybody wanted
When you pander to your audience's fanbases that's called fanservice and only shit writers do that.

No, they make it the only answer that will suit his and Al's desire to not cheat the system. Neither wanted to use a stone after realizing they use souls. So Ed basically returning his power up was the only way to get Al back without compromise.

And it's nothing like the "if you kill him, you'll be like him" cliché.

Kimblee is so edgy that it actually worked for him.

What an absolute madman

>And lack of closure would be entirely legitimate, sometimes people get fucked hard, and that's that and it's good that there are courageous writers who can represent that

Thats not an excuse to drop the plot for something as stupid as nazis. Then they make hughes a fucking nazi. Hughes.

>Except not one that's magically handed to them by the world. One that they have to interpret themselves on their own like in the real world

What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm talking about closure with dante. Sure they had to interpret their own closure of being stuck in that world on their own but the whole plotline was fucking stupid.

The fuck I'm talking about? I'm drawing a comparison with another cliche that's universally considered to be stale as fuck.

I think that would be pretty obvious but you choose to interpret my post in the only way you can argue against I guess.

Seeing how a woman approaches shonen was interesting as fuck.

>The edgy psychopath side character is actually coherent and consistent in his beliefs
>Family is cherished and the brothers actually communicate and work out their issues together instead of letting them stew like in 2k3.
>Literally every side character has a role to play that is in some manner crucial to defeating the big bad instead of giving the hero some stupid power-up to outstronk him.

The entire point of the show is subverting the idea posed to them that the human race is a weak group of animals that will always hurt each other and are better used as cattle or kindling than free beings, so beating the homonculi to the point of death but refusing to stoop to their level made a lot of sense.

While I love the 2003 anime, it doesn't have as strong a theme as brotherhood as a whole did.

and when you make bullshit because you're out of ideas and wrote yourself into a corner that's called hack writing

>Then they make hughes a fucking nazi.
A lot of normal people were Nazis. Did you know Von Braun, an American space exploration hero, was a former Nazi party member?

Did you know the majority of old german people born before WW2 were Hitler supporters in his time?

I know in your media induced bubble nazis=mustache twirling villains but the reality was a lot more complex than that.

Because your point didn't make any sense. They didn't Mustang because he "would become just like Envy", they stopped him because if he killed Envy while in rage mode, he'd have just been acting like a callous bastard instead of the sharp-minded potential leader he's striving to become. They had no problem letting him kill, since he burns up the doll/zombies and even fries Father several times.

the military was demonized for literally genociding the Ishvalan people. by being a part of the military and adhering to its stances on alchemy they were condoning what the military did by proxy as their representatives, but they didn't actually agree with anything the military did. they only joined because they thought it would bring them closer to the stone.

did you even watch the show?

>*rolleyes*
Kill yourself

Untrue for Jak, unless you're talking about the Vita version, which sucks ass. Can't say anything on the other two.

Kimblee was certainly more interesting than I thought he would be

Then your comparison makes no fucking sense. You're not making any comment at all about what you're apparently complaining about, just bitching about something wholly unrelated and going "See how stupid this is? Thing X is too!" but without providing any grounds for that.

i beg to differ
Riddick game had like the only good hd remake.

Except Ed and Al's main beef was how they were 'dog's of the military', and constantly lamented their lost innocence... despite the fact that they never really acted in almost any military capacity.

Why are you discussing video games? What are you a fucking manchild?

They didn't lament it nearly as much as you claim they did.

They were asked to kill a few times in the show I know that

this is more visible in 03 than in Brotherhood, but in 03 Mustang keeps them on a pretty tight leash on specific missions and gives little fucks about their quest for the stone until later, which annoys them because that's why they joined. naturally they'd get pissed about something like that when the sole reason they joined is being dangled over them like a carrot on a stick without actually letting them get any closer to it.

it's not seen as much in Brotherhood because of all the content they cut out near the beginning, so that's probably why it didn't make as much sense in that iteration.

I know, which is weird because everyone else got some kind of resolution, even the blonde faggot and the kind of hot military chick who was framed for Hughe's death.

It's weird she didn't come up more in the end but she kind of got her resolution early with her new career.

That's often how academics/researchers in the military in real life feel, despite being many many steps away from any of the actually dark shit. Their skills and contributions are supposed to be for bettering mankind, not helping to blow it apart. Hell, there have even been non-military academics who researched stuff that was turned into military applications that have been shattered by it.

It's really all about execution and the little idiosyncrasies the characters have. motives are massively attributed to what makes a good villain.

It's why i think the "tier chart" of villain motivations is kinda silly.

>tfw Einstein must have felt directly responsible for all those people

She was still being used to help investigate stuff with the military, but then dropped off right around the time they set up Maria as the scapegoat.

Hohenheim was so much better in Brotherhood it was almost criminal. His entire flashback episode, the final opening and ending of the series being about him instead of Edward, and his final scene at Trisha's grave were 10/10

>Hohenheim was so much better in Brotherhood

No he was a whimp

No you

But becoming god was just a means to an end. What he wanted was freedom and enlightenment. How is that cliche?

Finally someone who understands
anime is shit though

He was a whimpering whimp and there's nothing you can do about it.

2003 was a stoic retired badass.

>But...believe it or not I actually want to keep on living. Guess I'm pretty much hopeless aren't I, Trisha?

no, in 2003 he was nonexistant and/or flippant with no real goal to speak of.

In brotherhood he was actually a character

I think forsaking your children to go on a decades long journey to speak to every soul swirling inside you so you could have them all help you conquer a god-like entity bent on burning all the souls in the world as fuel to break the limits of his power hardly qualifies one as a whimp

>In brotherhood he was actually a character
Yeah. A sissy whining self hating character. Like a teenager making up shit to feel victimized about.

Also what you said about the 2003 version is wrong. He was just stoic and distant.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=5pD4HN5v7iI

now that you mention it, Lost Canvas has this very same structure.

how is Inuyashas manga? is it any tolerable?

>tired immortal man that just wants to live happily with his family, who's resolved enough to leave them to do his duty
vs.
>le stoic old man, such a badass XD

Not him but the anime has some really weird scenes that drag on way to long where a character repeats a phrase over and over again. It's really jarring and it happens several times.

BTFO

Goddamn I love this scene

>I made an impossibly long sentence about the manga's convoluted plot so now Hohenheim really looks like a tear jerking victim

>teenager making up shit to feel victimized about.
yes you're absolutely right, nothing bad ever happened in his life ever. He had absolutely nothing to feel bad about or responsible for.

>le
>XD
Down the hall and to the left.

>If I phrase it correctly, maybe I can admit they're correct but still make them sound silly

did hoenheim even use alchemy in the 03 anime?

>impossibly long
you don't have a learning disability by chance, do you? That's a quick summary.

>2003 stuck to the rules of alchemy
But user the ending pretty much says that Equivalent Exchange is complete bullshit

It may seem like it follows the rules closer but by the end there are no rules.

>muh feels
Is there anything to argue about really? You enjoy your animes like a young woman would. You just want those emotions to flow through you while you cry some metaphorical tears over some poor sod's fate.

So there's no emotion whatsoever in the 2003 anime?
Nobody ever gets sad? Think real hard here, I know it must be difficult for you.

Because there was a tragic story to him in the manga and 09 anime. The 03 series is him literally going "lol, I don't love you anymore, wife and son I tried to bring back. I'mma go and start a new family!"

Right, because the 2k3 anime wasn't wall to wall angst.

How do you even perform these mental backflips

>When you realize you lost the argument and have to shitpost

Wait, are there people who actually prefer 2003 to Brotherhood? Is it even possible to be that fucking tasteless?

Holy shit trolled HARD

Nostalgia is a powerful force, user.

>So there's no emotion whatsoever in the 2003 anime?
The characters despair and grow up inside so some moments can be intense in that sense. But it doesn't waste as much time wallowing in cheap pity and false self hate.

>lol, I was just pretending to be retarded

Whatever you say, shitlord.

>When you realize you lost the argument and have to shitpost

Nice flase flag. That's not me at all. If you reply to this cheap bait thinking that makes you win the argument you obviously know you lost it.

>he's never watched sakuga

it's like you've really never watched either show. I'm truly impressed with your shitposting.

>Pretending to be me
You're not even good enough to be my fake

This.

Wrath's character was about how his subdued attitude necessitated by his position as the fuhrer had bottled up seething rage inside him that he released on the battlefield.

He's literally always angry. He even said during Hughes funeral he was shaking with rage because the little girl wouldn't shut up. He's just so used to to holding it back that when he doesn't have to anymore he goes fucking nuclear.

Only false flag is you hiding behind your "troll friend", kiddo.

Stop false flagging you retard that's not me

>he turns into Old Snake before dying

All me

>wipe this meme from the face of the earth

Because you will never play the game for the first time again no matter how hard you try.

Trisha is sloth because water follows the path of least resistance, which in a way can be interpreted as a form of laziness. At least that explains her powers.

You could also argue that the character herself was trying to walk the easiest path by killing the Elrics instead of coming to terms with their relation to her own emotions about being the memory their mother.

Kinda weak explanation, but I can see how it can work.

Look. It's fucking late. I'm arguing against 3 or 4 fanboys at once. Of course I'm going to try and sum up very grossly your arguments to address the central point. If you're upset because I'm calling out cheap emotional pitying for what it is I don't know what else to answer.

The author is a sanctimonious cunt. It doesn't show much in the first half, with a brilliant premise that she probably stole from someone else if the rumors are true, but it ruins the second half and I'm not the first one to argue this. So it's not my special snowflake opinion.

The Anime writers, yeah what they did wasn't canon, but they had balls. Not only was the animation committed to the naturalistic school of anime, which is the mark of talent, but they came up with a ballsy alternative to the incomplete manga plot. Say what you want about Nazis, but not anyone would have the courage to do that, they pulled it somewhat decently, real sacrifices were made and they ended up going all the way down the rabbit hole when it comes to the real law of philosophical equivalent exchange. And showing us old ed in this real world, having overcome his harsh fate and live a fulfilling long life, was a powerful moment.

I fucking love Wrath, even his death was sweet.

>he doesn't think Golden Time Lovers is the best intro.

>calling out cheap emotional pitying for what it is

Nice bullshit, kid.

You can rationalize it in whatever way you want, not saying that's a bad thing, but what made her become water? Why would eating impure philospher stones make one homonculi water and another shapeshift? And why did trisha become sloth specifically is never mentioned at all. Trisha has no obvious (and this is important because anyone can rationalize some obscure reason after the fact) qualities that condemn her doppelganger to a life of sloth. It's just bizarre for the sake of it.

And I want to add I love the show, it's just the homunculi existing as that are that bugs me

Why don't you post it instead of expecting everyone to remember some 13 year old gook broken engrish title.

>tschhh nothing personel

Oh my god cry me a fucking river. Are you just saying that you were projecting "crybaby" and "whimp" because that's what you really are?

Christ, pull yourself together and be a man.

What are you talking about. Where do I say anything that suggest that.

Fine.
youtube.com/watch?v=fdjZtaDepfA

>the only videos have spic subtitles

>The author is a sanctimonious cunt. It doesn't show much in the first half, with a brilliant premise that she probably stole from someone else if the rumors are true

>this delusion and bullshit

KEK
LA
KEK

Stop being such a sissy faggot, bro. It can't be good for your health.

Envy vs. Edward at the end was pretty good.

>but what made her become water

I think it was raining when she was fed the stones, but I can't remember exactly. Probably some weird alchemy fuckery there.

I do agree with you mostly though. The reasoning behind a lot of 03's original decisions seems kinda weak and spur of the moment but I can appreciate the execution. I still vastly prefer Brotherhood though.

While the homunculi in 03 are a lot more compelling as individual characters motivation-wise, their concepts and unified theme is a lot better explored in brotherhood, in my opinion.

For some reason I liked Ed's random crush on Rose.

The thing about the connection to our universe was retarded though

>posts one of the only bad intros
ya blew it

>Golden Time Lover
>bad

Yea, no.

such shit taste

Pop trilogy hd for ps3 was good. So was sotc.

so how did your parents reacted when you told them you liked brotherhood more?

>I think it was raining when she was fed the stones
I don't actually remember that but that would make sense

I think that the homonculi in 03 have a maybe more mysterious and compelling background but in brotherhood they were just executed better probably because they had the chance to be more fleshed out, with the notable exception of Lust. She almost had a backstory in 03, too. It just didn't go nearly as far as it needed to

They read the manga so they accepted me and loved me.
How did your parents react when you told them you like 2003 more?

No. There are a lot of things 2003 does better than brotherhood because they gloss over some jive stuff but things like the ending are better in the latter.

They whipped me for watching chinese cartoons

>13 year old gook broken engrish title.
What?
>posts one of the only bad intros
Wow, fucking shit taste.

It boils down for me that Brotherhood had more source material to work with.

BH has a better overall story but 2003 is directed better

My mom actually watched some of Brotherhood with me at one point, about a third of the show. She wasn't big into anime and all that and said she was just keeping me company but after she died a few years back I found out she was a huge cape-wearing nerd as a teenager so I'm pretty sure she actually loved that shit and wanted and excuse to watch with me.

>they actually faithfully followed the manga
Not a good thing for once.

Good parts
Nina and Hughes
Brotherhood
Everything else

this tbqh

watch the first ~30 episodes of 2003 and then watch everything from episode ~10 onward in BH for the best anime

This is the long & short of it

>being an open weeaboo around your parents

The new ratchet and clank was amazing though.

So why did the not-Chinese characters exist?

Name a better fight in Brotherhood than Scar vs Bradley.
Protip: you can't.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6PKLlq5O3q8

The music, animation, philosophical dialogue from Bradley, and the voice acting. No fight in Brotherhood matches it.

why does Cred Forums only watch mainstream anime

This board is filled with high level weebs, just this thread is making some ballsy claims.

>muh cute girls doing cute things

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtPPZlOqk10

Best opening.

World building, outside influence that showed Father wasn't in complete control, gave Al something to do later on.

Cred Forums is mostly reddit and normalfags at this point hence the shit taste

>why do 15 year old boys like battle shounen?

FMA is great anyway.
>muh strawman

They're both terrible.
Tried watching them and that cunt has 2 emotions. 1-Crying 2-Screaming. That's all he does.

>Writers are brilliant because they did something most people wouldn't touch

Wow way to prove how stupid you are. The nazi plot came out of nowhere and was retarded. Its like they just had to have something happen in the movie so that ed and al would be forced into a bittersweet ending. But really that could've been accomplished any other way.

>If you're upset because I'm calling out cheap emotional pitying for what it is

What the fuck are you even talking about? He had a reason to despair. He never felt false self-hate. He felt responsibility towards the dwarf in the flask as he was the only one who could truly stop his ambition and the fact that the souls in his head wouldn't stop tormenting him over it. Yet the fact that he would outlive everyone he ever loved made him despair.

I'm not seeing the self pitying and angst here.

mods....

>taste meme

Hell yes. No immortality. No regen. No powers save for his eye. Just pure badass skill.

incorrect

>two nameless men, one stripped of his identity by force and the other giving it up willingly
>both lived their lives consumed by rage, one learning to let it go by his interactions with people, while the same drives the other further deeper into it
>the leader of the country that nearly genocided an entire race versus one of the last remaining true believers of that race
>ends with the character consumed by vengeance for the people he hated finally achieving said vengeance by embracing the very idea he once despised
>and the literal embodiment of the sin of wrath dies peacefully with a smile on his face, having lived a life with no regrets

FUCKING
POETRY

casuals gravitate towards where the discussion is when they're picking something up, same reason why Cred Forums is usually currently airing shit and massive names like NGE

Cred Forums isn't an animu board so popular shonen and 90s stuff that was brought over are the only things that consistently come up

>she will never dominate you

>the omake bit where they do have names but are unbelievably long

>Olivier likely dommed both Buccaneer and Miles, forcing both to service her, and each other on occasion

Not much to do up north, she needed a hobby.

No, she watched her mother and father have sex during her teen years.

Are you telling me you didnt?

My mother wasn't part giraffe.

>Scar is at full strength and using his trump card
>Bradley is full of bullets, bleeding internally and externally, and has an injured eye
>Scar still gets his ass kicked and nearly dies twice

Jesus.

Sounds like a boring mother.

In Briggs, only the strong survive.

Bradley was a mean son of a bitch. Watching him rip the coup apart with a pair of swords and a fucking stick grenade was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XGIs36jIxY&list=PLJOCStpvgbJ1D2icGYZDaH1jhzG7gC9pk&index=2&ab_channel=modshroom

How about the fact that when he gets both fucking arms blown off, he bites a chunk of his just broken sword and uses it to deliver one last attack to his mortal enemy? Guy was practically a demon.

>He just laughs at her for not taking vengeance and asking sappy questions

That's kinda true in the first half. Then both become bad story wise but 2003 had some redeeming qualities that brotherhood didn't'.

>My badly disguised anime thread ran until bump limit

>it's easier to discuss anime on Cred Forums than on Cred Forums

What the fuck. I thought this shit would get buried or deleted but why is Cred Forums so efficient when it comes to discussing anything that isn't video games?

Because we care very deeply about everything that isn't video games.

Plus Fullmetal Alchemist in all its incarnations is deeply beloved on here because unlike Cred Forums, Cred Forums is willing to love shit even if it's "entry-level"

what did you guys watch/prefer for brotherhood: dub or sub?

Maybe because I watched it first, but dub. Honestly one of the most solid dubs in the medium, pretty much everything sounds professional and some standouts like Bradley, Armstrong and arguably Mustang are superior to their Japanese counterparts.

>tfw you miss a great FMA thread on Cred Forums

And yeah, I generally think Brotherhood is all around the superior series.

dub. I know no one will agree with me online but the japanese voices are goofy as fuck to someone who isn't a jap and that's how they must feel about ours.

Also ed should be voiced by a man. Not a woman. He's clearly not a goku types and acts more like a quintessential teenager in crisis

We'll have another within a week. Mods are oddly lenient to FMA threads.

brotherhood/sub.People who watch dubs don't belong on Cred Forums

Before this thread dies I just want to say I've agreed with everything you've said in this thread so far user

I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Fritz Lang