He uses Discord, literally redd!t

>He uses Discord, literally redd!t
>He uses teamspeak, literally shit quality
>He doesn't host his own server to use Mumble instead

if you are one of these scrubs, you need to get off Cred Forums

Discord serves its purpose of letting pugs have an easy way to group just by giving a literal link.

Mumble is still better, though.

I use Curse

that's basically discord, so it's shit

yeah, it's for redd!t normies who don't know shit

Ok. I'll keep using Discord though.

>tfw no comfy discord full of a bunch of cute anime avatars where people talk about anime and play videogames

Damn this cruel world!

I don't use any voice chat though.

THIS, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE

>tfw use gamevox

My avatar is Red Hot Chili Peppers, do I count?

enjoy the botnet

t. mumble paid shill
they all do the same shit

I'm in one right now actually. I'd just like to join another.

No, you vile whore!

test discord and mumle one after the other. the sound in discord is shit compared to mumble

Anyone remember xfire?

>xifre

I had it for like 8 years and didn't know what it was until I looked it up

>he uses chat of any format

Faggots

>literally redd!t
It may not be the best thing out there but it's the middle ground between skype and mumble that all of my friends can agree on.

>talking to people in voice form

fucking normies

Its gone user.
Taken by something that destroys more companies per year than EA.
China.

You feel really strongly about this OP. I'm sure it's important to you.

>have teamspeak
>hey bro we use mumble now
>why
>i don't know, everyone does, hurry up
>sigh, fine
>come online again a month later
>hey bro we use ventrilo now

There was nothing wrong with the very first Teamspeak we all had. Fucking tryhards.

>he doesn't communicate wtih anyone

fucking normies

Mic quality is infinitesimally more important. The bitrate is different between mumble/discord but is literally unimportant in almost every single situation that would warrant the need for higher quality audio. It's the accessibility of discord that makes it so attractive. It has a sleek user-friendly design and an active dev team. Mumble, teamspeak, and ventrillo all fall into the same sort of muddy water of people who are too smug and dedicated to their platform to use anything else. You're just as bad as FLACfags on Cred Forums

How is Teamspeak bad? I maxed out the audio quality and it sounds great.

too bad discord voice server crashes at random, that's why I wouldn't rely on it for anything other than casual conversation.

>ventrilo has always been the best and still is
>gets used less as time goes on

I can't wait until we come full circle on being contrarian and have Vent become the go-to.

>he doesn't use vent

>Mic quality is infinitesimally more important
no shit retard. I tested them both on the same machine, same microphone

Literally: The Post

>He isn't on the r/gaming discord channel

Don't you want to hear le ebin gaming maymays

>>You're not a real gamer if you don't use what I use!!
>>Using programs that are easy to set up and serve a great purpose? BTFO normies you'll never be a real gam3r!!!1!!

That is how you all sound right now.

ive been using discord over a year now and have seen the voice servers crash twice the whole time. even 2 times is unfortunate when that could happen when you're very deep in a cooperative game or something but its still a pretty young program and getting progressively better.

>>Using programs that are easy to set up and serve a great purpose
mumble is easy as shit, and not bloated like discord, plus the actual sound quality is superior

Nah man, I'd rather stay on Cred Forums and get my dank everything BUT video game maymays.

Nigga you're playing video games. Guaranteed not at a competitive level where a voicechat program crashing twice over a year long period would cost cost you anything more then an hour or two of your time.

>I personally don't use these optional features so they're bloat
Ok.

What an absolutely irrelevant thing to hold such strong opinions on.

They're all the same shit.

still it's fucking annoying, and while not frequent I remember a day where it would crash every few minutes, why would you use that shit when you can have a server with ts or mumble or whatever for 1-2 bucks a month

This, just use whatever. No one cares enough to passionately fight about this shit except for turbonerds and autists. Go the fuck outside.

Because it's free you idiot.

What's with these new programs? I remember when people would only use Ventrilo or Teamspeak. Whatever. It's not like I'd play vidya with any of you faggots. The only people who should really kill themselves are Skype users.

Be on edge. One day you will find one.
The one I am in was about a game that died recently, so we just fuck about now. Had some game nights a while back. Pretty fun.

Frankly everyone needs to get off Cred Forums.

ts is too if you have friends that pay for the server kek

I just host my own teamspeak server. My computer is on 24/7 anyway.

>Wow I can't deal with a crashed server! why not pay 2 bucks a month and then if anyone stops paying your server is just fucking gone forever? wow fags
This logic tho

if you provide a service at least do it good. Discord devs should just put unintrusive ads and get better servers

Every paid Mumble, TS, or Ventrilo I have used has crashed frequently. Discord crashes as well but you can just jump to one of the other servers for free. It isn't rocket science to have a duplicate backup server in advance.

I find people who complain about discord generally aren't the users of discord, it's the users of other voice programs. Just stay in your containment zones and stop pretending it's an important enough topic to warrant actual arguments instead of shit-flinging.

>unintrusive ads
>crashes
For one, they do it for free. Secondly, what the fuck are you using where you get ads? Never had ads in discord.
And Discord voice chat has never crashed for me, and I voice chatted for almost 7 hours once.

Discord is mumble mixed with steams social capabilities.

Its good.

>me and my friends use skype

Tis a good feel dawg :)

reread the post

I would like this except the talk about anime part. There's nothing more cancerous and shit than people talking about anime. Especially nowadays when all animes are just meme tier and harem shit.
But I like people with anime avatars tho!

Skype still has ironically the best way to share your screen for smallsteaming with buds. No delay, 1080p, audio, etc.

>Chatting on Cred Forums

Fag

vent sucks

Your mom sucks

Is it Akira Otoshi/Reddo Hottu Chirri Peppa, or is it just a guy from the band

>I find people who complain about discord generally aren't the users of discord

You mean people who have big problems with it are smart enough to move onto something else? Who would've thought?

More like they begrudgingly used it once or twice because their friends insisted, immediately latched onto and embellished any negative feature to attempt to dissuade said friends from using it and then slinked back to whatever program they used previous feeling superior/smug despite their program of choice being more akin to tomb then a castle.

Mumble has the worst sound quality. Get fucked faggot.

>tfw comfy discord full of a bunch of cute anime avatars
>all anyone plays is Overwatch

>>all anyone plays is Overwatch
is there something else worth playing then? why don't you play overwatch?

Mumble peaks high as fuck for me. Like physically uncomfortable/painful volume peaks. I desperately need an equalizer or something that will affect mumble.

Not him but I played the beta and it was pretty boring.

weird, I really like it. I guess you have a different taste.

I didn't even expect that I'd like the game when I decided to try the beta.

I do, but it's not like you can have your cake and eat it every single day.