Nintendo is "not ready" to discuss the NX at this moment

>Nintendo is "not ready" to discuss the NX at this moment

A new Sega Saturn is among us.

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/26/nintendo-rep-advises-nintendo-is-not-ready-to-discuss-the-nx-in-recent-interview/
gonintendo.com/stories/265732-nintendo-really-doesn-t-want-anyone-even-mentioning-nx
youtube.com/watch?v=yhrLrBT2hp0
venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/why-ubisoft-has-eight-games-coming-for-the-wii-u-interview/
twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/725221813081522176
theverge.com/2016/7/25/12269466/nintendo-stock-plunge-pokemon-go
youtube.com/watch?v=Y845oUAxrPY
youtube.com/watch?v=qRRZHySejfw
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-01-26-pc-trumps-mobile-console-in-booming-usd61bn-digital-games-market
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sega Saturn was a great console

ehh i dont know about great but it definitely is underrated

chances are they never made anything in the first place and they are justing going to glue 2 Wii Us together and call it a day.

In Japan

Source.

>releases in six months
>"not ready"

Nintendo is fucking terrified.

>not ready to discuss something secret that they'll have an announcement event for later
Yes, and?

And they know the fan base will buy it anyways.

but I already have two wii u's

>Release in 6-5 months
>Nobody know what the fuck is the NX
>"W-we are not ready to talk about it yet!"
Okay.

>release in six months
>no marketing

This isn't the early 2000s user, Nintendo doesn't move units by virtue of BEING Nintendo anymore. They broke the faith.

Sega Saturn exceeded the gamecube for the most underrated console of all time.So it is true that Nintendo will bring back the golden age with the NX?

>Wii-U bombed because everyone thought it was an add-on for the Wii
>NX will bomb because no one will know what the fuck it even is until a year after release.

The Saturn didn't have some retarded gimmick, the NX surely will.

>A new Sega Saturn is among us
We can only hope. This gen needs at least one good console.

Eh source?

I think everyone is missing OPs point which is that it's going to get a surprise announcement and be immediately available like the Saturn was

They just might do it the absolute madmen

Just think of all the actual good games we could have had by now if Nintendo didnt slap gimmicks on all their consoles and game devs didnt try to force motion or touch controls on all their products

There is no source. This is a shitposting thread, just have fun.

We have enough of those already

Why market now when keeping it a secret keeps marketing it for free

What fucked the saturn was the fact the stores and publishers were part of the people who got surprised as well.
Everyone was making their games,plans and marketing for a november launch... and then sega released it in june with like 4 games in 4 stores.

so is it gonna have its own bomberman game that has online play and 10 player offline co op?

Pretty sure it would leak from somewhere before the announcement

mynintendonews.com/2016/09/26/nintendo-rep-advises-nintendo-is-not-ready-to-discuss-the-nx-in-recent-interview/

Said by a Nintendo Canada employee, you faggit.
gonintendo.com/stories/265732-nintendo-really-doesn-t-want-anyone-even-mentioning-nx

So basically just a PR response. Why did this need a thread?

Whoa thanks anons

Maybe they want to stop us from getting overhyped. Too little too late though

They did promise a fall announcement, we shall see then

it probably has leaked already just no one knows which shitpost is the real leak yet

At least the Saturn had the greatest spokesman that gaming has ever known backing it.

Nintendo just has a bunch of dudes in suits saying "G-Games are c-coming! W-We swear!"

But then every game is Federation Force and DLC fests.

is this a thinly veiled saturn thread?

Someone who is not in a position to know about the NX.

Not everyone in the company knows about it. It's very possible Reggie doesn't know all the details either.

Yeah, No Man's Sky tried that one too.

sega always had cool commercials

youtube.com/watch?v=yhrLrBT2hp0

>Nintendo is not ready to discuss this yet
That doesn't give any indication that NX won't be announced soon

I think the rumors are the concept ideas they have for the console and they're just waiting to see which ones stick.

So what do you think could be the reason they're holding off this long?

the excuse they gave for missing E3 was maybe okay but now less than a week from October and not one word is concerning

they wouldnt be dumb enough to just drop the fucking conference with 2 days of notice right? theyd give at least 2 weeks?

The fact that the NX will be an underpowered piece of hardware that retails for $300+ has already cemented its status as yet another complimentary console.

So, the only issue that remains is whether it'll do better or worse than the Wii U.

Worked pretty well as far as I know

They just fucked up by having a shit game which has nothing to do with the marketing

And the NX will be a shitty console if it has some dumbass gimmick.

Which it will.

Because Nintendo can't stop.

>Nintendo sent devkits before they decided the concept of the console

Makes sense to me.

No, they're fucking delusional. Nintendo's firmly stuck in the late 90s and think all they need to push units is name recognition.

The truth is that they're so far behind the times that people either just don't care anymore or have been burned by Nintendo's constant backwards-ass poor decisions.

Nintendo will officially announce they killed Metroid. I can feel that.

Nintendo actually did good with their gimmicks though the analog stick , rumble pack , dual touch screen , actually fun motion controls just to name a few

Its for the better anyways or would you rather have 3 wannabe PCs in the console market now?

lol, brand recognition is exactly how the PS4 managed to pull in buyers

>Devkits are out everwhere and still no one knows what the console is
Makes sense to me

Power isn't everything. Nintendo just needs to learn a lesson from the Wii U's lineup:

Have some fucking games. Xenoblade, Smash Bros and Splatoon are not enough to sell a console. Nintendo games are what people buy a Nintendo console for. The Wii U's lineup was pretty bare bones, and I hope someone there realizes that.

How are they not ready to discuss the NX, it's supposed to launch soon, and supposedly after Oct 1 shops can't even order Wii Us in the UK anymore.

In Japan only, they basically shot themselves in the foot anywhere else.

They need a gimmick if they want to stand a chance against playstation

>A new Sega Saturn is among us.
Honestly? I wouldn't even be surprised.

I just wish all the old fags over at Nintendo would die already do that we could get new management who actually got the modern video game industry.

WiiU problem was massive drought in the game for long time, a lot of games could had benefited from being released earlier.

And devs releasing shit ports or scraps in hope that they get some kind of Wii2 didn't helped in anything.

All of those gimmicks were perfected by other companies.
Except for the tablet controller; that shit was so impossibly retarded no one wanted to plagiarize it. Not even Sony.

>Power isn't everything.
Power isn't everything, but power does matter.

>Nintendo games are what people buy a Nintendo console for.
And there's the problem. If Nintendo wants to make anything other than complimentary/secondary systems, they need to make a console that third-party devs actually want to put games on. Which leads back to the power argument.

Oh, Nintendo's being """"modern"""" in their own way. Like having all their big releases just be shitty DLC fests.

>dont care about sacrificed power for a gimmick
>actually want something different
>tfw my actual beef with Nintendo is not their unique gimmicks but their absence of other conventions, ie shit UI and online services

It definitely does matter, but simply putting out a real Metroid or F-Zero would definitely move some units.

This is pretty true. Going the better part of a year without any big releases for their console definitely doesn't help them. And Fils-Aime and Iwata (When he was alive) saying "Games are coming, we promise!" didn't really help anything.

It's more because everyone else shot themselves in the foot. The Xbone thought DRM only was the way to go along with the Kinect spying on you, the Wii U was barely more powerful than an Xbox 360 with a gimmick that ultimately was underutilized, people went to the one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

>If Nintendo wants to make anything other than complimentary/secondary systems, they need to make a console that third-party devs actually want to put games on

Fucking this.

First party games push your consoles. Third party games keep it alive.

will the nx launch look as bad as the saturns?

>but simply putting out a real Metroid or F-Zero would definitely move some units.
Not nearly as many as you think it would.

Nintendo simply can't win with just its own library. No console can.

the announcement wont be shit otherwise theyd make a bigger deal.

its just a temp measure to slow new xbone and ps4 sales before they make a real announcement after pokemon/before christmas.

We're in fall right now user...

Yes and No.

Nintendo isn't slave to third parties as Sony and Microsoft are. They don't throw big bux in marketing because some big tittle is coming to their consoles

Thats why third parties hate Nintendo, Also Nintendo titles are competition.

>Nintendo """"modernizing""""
Fucking ugh. They just need some new blood. Miyamoto is past his prime.

Look at the Splatoon team. They're younger and they came out with one of the freshest new IPs in years.

Pretty much everyone who's been in charge since the Wii days needs to go. Maybe Aonuma could stay. Sakurai can stay. The Mario Kart team can stay, I guess. Everyone else needs to fuck off.

>F-Zero and Metroid

People really overestimate the popularity of these two. Yes they're generally recognized by Smash players and are occasionally acknowledged by Nintendo, but neither F-Zero nor Metroid has ever sold anywhere near as much as most of Nintendo's other IPs.

Yeah sure, they have pretty dedicated followings, but that doesn't mean they're actually popular or profitable, the latter being what Nintendo actually cares about.

A library is better than no library. The flat-out illusive library that the Wii U has, and that the 3DS went a whole two years with, didn't earn them any extra sales.

At least they offered an apology for the 3DS' lineup and price drop.

One of the issues i see, is that third parties don't do games that do well in nintendo consoles.
They're hostage of the 13 year olds that demand that anything "kiddy" be removed, because they want the "adult" image.
And by adult i mean bloody and boobies.

The good news is that the Ubisoft CEO said that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U with the NX

gotta give credit wheres its due though Nintendo is the only true gaming company left in the console industry attempting to innvovate hell we may shit on the Wii U but i give it credit that it at least attempted to try something new

Microsoft is too preoccupied with PC and Sony with media and movies.Sony wasn't and still isn't a gaming company.If Nintendo dies console gaming will die with it.

NX being successful is now more important than ever

That is some shitty ass excuse.

I'm pretty sure that any GTA game can sell like hotcakes on Nintendo consoles.

Most devs just make a shit port or throw some kind of scrap.

EA released fucking ME3 on WiiU at full price despite other consoles getting the entire collection at discount. For the fucks sake.

Hahha.

I think the problem with that is that Nintendo's gimmicky, underpowered hardware often means third parties have to put in extra work to develop around it all. Devs just don't want to put in all that effort for a downgraded port that will almost certainly sell less than on the Sony/Microsoft side of things.

>we may shit on the Wii U but i give it credit that it at least attempted to try something new

...and that would be?

>They don't throw big bux in marketing
True. The Wii U is proof enough of that.

Sony learned with the Cell what Microsoft realized a gen before: you can't reach consumers' graphical expectations at a reasonable price and attract third party developers with a special snowflake hardware architecture. That's why by adopting a generic PC architecture the PS4 can be sell at $400 compared to the (at a loss) $600 PS3, even when the PS4 is more powerful.

It doesn't matter if the NX is a gimmick console where you control the games with your dick, if Nintendo uses an industry standard architecture the console will be profitable, powerful and third parties will find it easy to code.

It's an issue, not a massive roadblock.

That is another quite big problem as well.

For (You)'s

If Nintendo disappeared tomorrow the industry would continue as normal (well, some people would miss their Marios but that's it).
The truth is, the world let Nintendo behind. They lose your place at the living room and will never take it back.

You may hold opinions about Ubisoft but at least they know what the goddamn thing is. I remember the Wii U getting absolutely shit on by tons of developers before launch. You're not hearing that with the NX though, only positive things

The tablet gimmick was pretty cool for games like windwaker. Its like utilizing the dual screen on the DS but with a console I have a feeling the tablet shit was a beta for "on the go console gaming".Hopefully the NX is the refined version

Without the nintendo portables, the japanese companies would have no place they want to make their actually good games, and they would americanize completely overnight.

You can say that about almost any company

In fact, the market will only change drastically when two of the three are gone

The japanese are already going mobile in droves. The 3DS is just delaying the inevitable.

I just want a nintendo handheld with a decent screen for once

Oh please nobody likes a outsourced gutted port because Devs are a bunch of lazy fucks.

Demography isn't a fucking issue, and WiiU had a damn headstart before ps4 or bone, why publishers and devs didn't made something for it?

Nintendo basically gave them complete freedom to make stuff for it. And that just shoved shit ports or ignored.

You sorely underestimate the hold mobile gaming has over the Japanese people.

I think Sony or Microsoft disappearing would shake the industry immensely. Nintendo or Valve, not so much.

This is falsehood the console scene will stagnate faster than old popcorn.Look at the shitshow we have now with the console revisions.There was little else to expect when non gaming companies were put in charge of releasing a console.

Not to mention handheld gaming would literally be dead if they disappeared

doubt you're old enough to remember the SEGA Saturn announcement, little boy.

>They did promise a fall announcement

They said "later this year". That could mean November or even December.

But I loved the Sega Saturn.

That's just the clickbait article statement

They just aren't allowed to talk about it in interviews

What do you guys think? Will it happen tomorrow?

no the wii u was nintendos saturn. the nx will be nintendos dreamcast

Not really. No one gives a shit about Nintendo, and hardware revisions are as old as consoles themselves

The move to mobile is just another form of americanization, given the fact they do trash F2P, pay to win to those platforms.
And well, mobile don't have good enough controls to handle something like rune factory.

Mabye the end of This week or sometime next week.

Consoles -are- stagnant.

How many games came out this generation that weren't a sequel, remake, remaster, or rerelease/port?

If this is Nintendo's last console, it's the Dreamcast.

here it is lads, the NX

But Nintendo isn't in a dire economical situation after the WiiU. In fact, I would be surprised if they weren't the company with the largest profit of the big three.

>People are still pretending that 3DS is dying to mobile

It's been or for nearly 6 fucking years

The peak of Mobile didn't do shit to the 3DS years ago, it's not going to do shit now

PS Vita dies because Sony is a bunch of morons, just because Nintendo's the only one doing Handheld doesn't mean it's dying

>No one gives a shit about Nintendo.
>People are throwing all kind of things in hope that they "get" the NX right.

You need some reality check.

Also Nintendo IPs alone worth more than themselves.

i wish to put my dick in this and i cant explain why
but i know im not alone

>Wii U getting absolutely shit on by tons of developers before launch.

By who? I don't remember that. Just praise they do for every new console. Especially when they have games on that system.

venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/why-ubisoft-has-eight-games-coming-for-the-wii-u-interview/

I wish that monstrosity was real.

thanks doc

I agree

PS4's reveal was absolutely garbage

Nintendo will be fine as long as they continue to do the unexpected

The console Handheld hybrid will keep them relevant

Especially since they are the only ones taking the handheld space

Handheld and Mobile are two different beasts

Who is "no one?" Cred Forums?

>No one gives a shit about Nintendo
are you delusional?People are going apeshit with their recent pokemon success.

We can't that deny that if Nintendo left the industry the market will most likely crash.Whether the industry will make a rebound is up to question though.

They're gonna push back the release date soon most likely

>Release in 6-5 months

source????

wasn't EA shitting on it? I might have been thinking after launch

You know what
I hope that in the unlikely scenario where nintendo actually dies that they somehow take all their IPs with them
like as in no other company would legally be able to make their own mario or legend of zelda games or whatever and sell them,
it would be like an ultimate fuck you to every other game company

>People who WANT upcoming consoles to be shit

I'll never understand this. Why would you not want a new system to be pretty powerful, and in x86 architecture? It just means you'll be able to play more games, would you prefer moble games instead?

For the most hardcore gamers it is, normies and casuals have no idea there's anything coming. I worked retail in an electronics department and whenever I mentioned it to the few gamers who came in they had never heard of it before.

No. Third parties have been shitting on Nintendo since forever.

Nintendo is never going to get the next GTA. Nintendo is never going to get the next Elder Scrolls. Why? Because those companies don't want to give those games to Nintendo.

Look at what happened with the Wii. It was immensely popular, even rivaling the fucking PS2. For years, it basically had no competition. By all rights, the Wii should have gotten every single game that generation, and the other consoles should have been left with nothing. That would have been the correct business decision. Everybody owned a Wii, even the dudebros.

But all the third parties gave Nintendo was shovelware. They spent years building up the PS3 and 360's libraries, giving them exclusives and ports and remasters and everything those consoles needed. And then finally, the other consoles were actually worth something, and people bought them in droves.

The third parties don't need to be "courted". They make their own fucking console. They go to big man Sony and say "hey, what are you going to make OUR console like next time?". And Sony goes, "here you go".

Nintendo will never make a console that third-party devs actually want to put games on. The only way that'd ever happen would be if they made an exact clone of Sony's console. And even then, there's just too much competition from Nintendo's own games. They'd be treated like second-class citizens. It wouldn't matter how powerful the NX was, how easy to develop for, how many people owned an NX. The third parties would still put the other platforms first. Because Western third party developers do not like Nintendo.

Nintendo does need 3rd party, you're right. But the big hitters have nothing to offer Nintendo. Nintendo's 3rd party has to be from smaller sources, and from Japan - or at least, the few Japanese studios which haven't been completely westernized.

Nintendo is the single largest game developer in the world. They can fill their own library.

twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/725221813081522176
More like 6 months

EA shat on it because Nintendo told EA to fuck off when they said that they wanted origin on their consoles.

EA made some shitty ass ports and said that the console don't have enough userbase to have their games.

I have a feeling there's some inner turmoil going on with Nintendo's NX at the moment. It'll be interesting when people look at this time in retrospective and come out and discuss what was going on within Nintendo at this time. It seems unbelievable that they are going to launch this thing by March 2017 and yet have not even revealed it yet.

Ill buy it to play video games on the go and while smoking weed with friends because the state of the industry forced me to become filthy disgusting casual normalfag scum. Also pikmin 4

That wasn't nintendo's success tho. If you're talking about pokemon go.

theverge.com/2016/7/25/12269466/nintendo-stock-plunge-pokemon-go

I'm fairy certain the NX will be Nintendos last console. The writing is on the wall for them, it's been only a matter of time.

Well, the problem is, if nintendo just clone the PS4 and slap a nintendo logo on it, Its too fucking late because the CoD audience already decided that PSN is their home in this generation.

They will have to steer clear of the PS4 somehow, but still deliver something people want to buy.

I'm ok with dis.

Favorite Saturn games people? Mine's pic related.

Well said.
Now if you excuse me I'm going to play Nintendo's Elder Scrolls-esque open world first person RPG available for the WiiU.

Oh wait.

Pokemon Go bumped Pokemon and 3DS sales, that was the effect that Nintendo wanted.

Bring new people to their games or consoles.
Stocks means jack shit.

Yeah, the guy doesn't even know what the plans are for the NX. All he knows is "not yet".

Even if they do release it, it will probably be a limited distribution

Fundamentally third party devs care more about tech than sales. They don't care if Wii sold a ton more than 360 and PS3 because it was a gen behind on tech, so they could not make the kind of experiences they wanted to on it. Wii helped drive multiplat mania really--because devs knew if they put their game on both PS3 and 360 they could get about as much as if they had put it on Wii. And so that was what they did, to be able to make the graphical leap they wanted, they ignored #1 and stuck it in with #2-3

Why Nintendo doesn't just buy Sony and Microsoft?

And that reliance on a gimmick will hurt them against because they refuse to play the hardware game. Nintendo is making themselves irrelevant.

>130 replies for what was literally just a random nobody from nintendo saying "I can't talk about the NX in the interview tonight"

fuck off sonyroach

GC was more powerful than PS2, yet didn't got half of stuff there, nor Xbox.

And a lot of devs hated work with the damn thing because it was a nightmare to code.

>Fundamentally third party devs care more about tech than sales.
Truly? Then the Gamecube and Xbox would have gotten the vast majority of 3rd party games, not the weaker PS2.

Have checked 3DS hardware sales lately?The Pokemon GO shit had a nice side effect in which the players went out to purchase 3ds consoles to play the mainline games.

Sun and Moon might be the biggest pokemon games in the series since the momentum is still pretty high.

C A N

>Nintendo hasn't posted any tweets for 3 days
What's going on?

GCN and Xbox just were not as great a leap as the difference between Wii and PS360, so it didn't really matter much.

It was actually more so Nintendo's gay little proprietary disc format that was not only limited on space, but were only available from Nintendo themselves. You had to buy the disc from Nintendo, along with licensing fees and other standard and quality tests. Making games for Nintendo is a nightmare in general.

What's going on is you're applying the Cred Forums echo chamber to the real world.

>Tfw finally grew out of nintendo

lets see if the nx can draw me back in.

They had pixel shaders.
That's a pretty huge difference when actually used.

NX is the best meme of 2016

It's not the difference between 480p and 720p though

Xbox and GC had fucking shaders to work with, on top of everything PS2 games ran at lower resolution than GC and Xbox games.

PS4 sold because it was the best option
$100 cheaper than Xbone, more powerful, no dumb forced kinect
microsoft fucked themselves
Wii U is completely irrelevant

>GC was more powerful than PS2
This is actually false. You were correct with the "nightmare to code" which is the reason why do many PS2 games look worse in comparison to GC but ultimately PS2 was a more powerful machine (EE was even faster than the PII/PIII hybrid in Xbox).

Nope, NOPE. Those days are gone, user.

>mr bones

What the fuck? Is meme magic real?

It is bigger.
Realtime shadows, normal maps, all sorts of water effects..
Just check riddick for the Xbox.

Yet it didn't really look all that different. I'm sorry but the biggest difference between a PS2 title and a GCN title was feet vs miles for the biggest difference between a Wii title and a 360 title

>PS2 was a more powerful machine
first time i ever heard this.In terms of power it always went like this

Xbox> GC > DC > PS2

I'm seriously going to freak if they don't announce soon. This is taking too long.

Nintendo's stupid but they're not that stupid. They've shot themselves in the foot by releasing in March instead of the Holiday season this year, they wouldn't go on to shoot themselves in the head by doing a surprise reveal

Late October

They need to officially release Paper Mario and let it drift away to be forgotten as the last Wii U exclusive before shifting gear to NX

More like Nintendo decided to specialize in an industry that didn't need it anyways. In the days of the NES, SNES, and even the n64 the Nintendo console was the most quality and best console. However in 2000s theres better options alot of different kinds of games. Kids today don't want to play kids games because modern gaming has an online environment and no target age group because parents dont give a shit anymore.

Kids these days wont touch Nintendo until they're ironic hipsters in their first 2 years of college.

>Realtime shadows,
You mean that thing devs ignored even on PS360 in favor of baked in effects right?

I'm a Nintendo insider who's had extensive hands-on with the NX. I'll post a pic of it right now, hope I don't get in too much trouble

PS2 had a faster CPU, but it needed to "emulate" so many things GC did by hardware, GC was ultimately faster.

But GC was horribly crippled by its memory.
Only 24MB of it was actually useful for 3D graphics, so the only way you could use its full power was to have a shitton of repeated characters onscreen, like with Pikmin, or doing a fuckton of repeated grass like on Zelda WW.

You have to remember Super mario galaxy runs on what is basically a gamecube with more memory and 50% faster clock rates, which means GC itself would be able to run it at 30 fps if it had enough memory to do so.

Can you imagine PS2 running mario galaxy even at 15 fps?

Actually, they used on almost all games on 360/PS3 in the characters.

Surprising how unskilled programmers manage to underutilize powerful hardware.

However we look at it, the fact that the console with the lowest amount of VRAM will always look like shit, even if it's capable of producing more polys/s (which PS2 was).

hope you don't Get your uncle fired

Because Nintendo's the only company making light-hearted, fun, and thought-out games.

I want to say "good" so badly, except, you know, recent games have been utter shit.

>TOY STORY LIKE GRAPHICS.

Till this day I'm still waiting for that.

They don't do weekends

Nobody does

>Handheld and Mobile are two different beasts
yeah but mobile takes a big part of the normies that played in the gb/gba/ds

handheld may not die but it will shrinking

Virtual On for me.
I dunno, even with better versions (like the Sega Ages version), I love the Saturn port so much. It's pretty much it's own revision of the game, too, with noticeably different move properties and shit.

Then start glue gunnin

>that gigantic gif
All of my why.

Only the ones people focus too much on

We had Fire Emblem Fates
Kirby Robobot
Rhythm Heaven Megamix

All great

And we still have Pokemon Sun and Moon which are shaping up to be fucking fantastic

Some people just wanna shoot dudes until the cows come home.

And they have literally the whole industry doing games for em.

Pretty much this, phones lack of buttons and pretty much nobody are going pay premium price for a game.

Also devs can't put small games or pet projects on it.

Either they're the smuggest mother fuckers or the march release date isn't real

Nintendo is using industry standard architecture. Mobile standard.

From all the rumors, it's pretty easy to see where Nintendo is going. They're moving away from home consoles. What i'm seeing is esentially a razor focused console aimed straight at semi-core and casual gamers. Esentially they want to replace the PS4 and Xbone by being a portable home console. I mean, they wouldn't of chosen the most advanced Tegra otherwise. A portable home console is much more convenient than a standard one. Lots of casuals use consoles for Netflix streaming and stuff and even the Tegra X1 supports 4K 60fps encoding and decoding just like PS4 Pro and Xbone S. It won't get super hardcore gamers, they will stick with the PS4 series because of graphics but the majority would rather have a more convenient multimedia device. This is Nintendo's goal. They're mentioned a few times they expect the market in the rest of the world to end up like Japan. Where home consoles are dead and handhelds and mobile are only viable.

I should snoop out the raw numbers for Toy Story but in theory is could be possible to achieve (as a demo), albeit without lighting.

They have to do it eventually for soccer mom scalpers to jump on pre-orders.

So they want to recreate the Vita/VitaTV combo?

>Sakurai can stay
But keep him FAR, FAR AWAY from the next Smash roster. I'm curious to see what someone else would do to it.

So it's more as a side effect than a direct success
from pokemon go. I can see that.

>Tanabe in charge of Smash 5
>The only new characters added are Toads.

>You're not hearing that with the NX though, only positive things
Ubisoft said the same fucking thing about Wii U, and then were the first to run around screaming about how terrible it is because people wouldn't buy their game on the same day a Nintendo title came out.

toy story doesnt look exactly amazing by today's standards

>all characters are depicted in chibi form

No, "portable home console" just means it's a "powerful enough to not require too much work to port" handheld that can optionally be used like a home console

They said something about unifying the WiiU/3ds as whole.

I think that are going keep NX and another portable in the same hat just like sony keeps PS4 and Vita in same ecosystem.

As long as the damn thing launches with:
>New actual 3D Mario game
>New actually good 2D Mario game
>Mario Kart 9
>Mario Party 11
>Animal Crossing NX
>Smash Bros NX
>Pikmin 4
>Fatal Frame 6
>Zelda BotW
>Splatoon 2
I'd be happy.

Even better would be ports of:
>Final Fantasy XV
>Dragon Quest XI
>GTA 6
And so on would just be the icing on the cake.

what? are you fucking 13 or something?

Hard to tell how much of it is the 'art style' and how much is tech deficiency

>They're mentioned a few times they expect the market in the rest of the world to end up like Japan. Where home consoles are dead and handhelds and mobile are only viable.

To be fair in japan, space is often a premium.

no, are you?

Your list is unrealistically long. It'll launch like PS4, 2-3 exclusives and huge droughts

Less than a year and not a single info. They know there won't be any hype for dead Nintendo if they release too early.

Look at the actual humans in that movie, or even better, the dog. The toys all look nice because they're supposed to look like plastic and move weird. The fact that the people and the dog also look like that is evidence of the tech being the issue.

Two wiis glued together, now this? Ayyiyi.

They did okay in europe too

They already confirmed a new 3D Mario in the works and Miyamoto considers 3D World "Middle Ground"

NSMBU is fucking great. Though I do agree we need a new style entirely

True, but a lot of Japanese use their 3DS on trains while commuting. In other words, they play between work hours. That's true in a lot of places. You can even take it to play at work if you're ballsy enough.

This. They're going to want to capitalize on all those unsold Wii Us. Crack them open, overclock, and bam, new console.

I swear I remember hearing that the whole reason they even did a cast of toys was because they acknowledged they couldn't get humans to look right at the time.

I hope they make a co-op Mario 64 style game like they were going to years ago

Japan still calls the shot

USA can't do shit

That wouldn't surprise me, really.

This is the first console without a split between to different markets. I expect it to be bigger than people expect. A lot of hits and misses but enough people will be happy because instead of making 10 portable and 3 console games they're making 6-7 console games.

>March instead of the Holiday Season

They are doing it in March so there's actual shit to look forward to after release

It's only 3 Months away from E3 where you'll get even more games fake the holiday season

It's a better situation compared to the usual Holiday release, then absolutely nothing for 7 months

Keep in mind PS4 has tons of third party devs while Nintendo only has itself and a few Japanese TPs

>Dragon Quest XI
it already confirmed the others two not a chance

We could just bomb them again.

BURNING RANGERS GO

That's why they wanted toys in the first place, you should watch the making of.

End of fiscal year there. And WiiU still have one more xmas to waste.

As long as it's sufficiently powerful, it's not a factor. The games on the system are far more important.

From the close to release marketing and nobody having much idea on the software of the thing, I suspect Nintendo is gonna blow a huge wad near launch. They keep talking about momentum. I figure either all the third parties are at launch or at fall. And yes, third party will be patchy. But I suspect we'll see a few "Exclusive for a Limited Time" stuff to make up for it.

All I can think of is tax return money. It's very common for people to blow money on shit they don't need when they receive a nice sum all of a sudden.

>If Nintendo wants to make anything other than complimentary/secondary systems
But the Xbone and PS4 ARE secondary systems. Secondary to mobile. Wii U was playing for thirds. Nintendo wants to be second only to mobile which they're finally accepted is where kids are now starting gaming.

Nintendo has two issues with announcing the NX too soon:

1) It's a gimmicky device that's going to spawn a lot of imitations, just as the Wii did. Miyamoto is actually on the record as saying that the reason it wasn't at E3 is because they're trying to avoid imitators.

2) Holiday seasons are the biggest time of year for video game/console makers and the NX will not be ready for the holiday season. Nintendo would be killing their 3DS and Wii U sales, which they are probably desperate to eliminate surplus inventory for, and for what reason? No one would be able to buy an NX yet anyway.

With these two in mind, I think an NX reveal this year is unlikely. There is enough hype about the device without them even announcing what it is; all of the "leaks" ensure that. The device will have enough building hype if they reveal it in January and no one will be able to ready a copycat design to spoil their launch window.

Revealing it now just serves no purpose.

>neither F-Zero nor Metroid has ever sold anywhere near as much as most of Nintendo's other IPs.

like that fucking matters and when the system has literally nothing coming out for it for wasteland tier periods with players begging for anything I think they would do pretty well

The only reason the home console market still exists is because nobody has come up with something better yet.

Just like handheld market is shrinking year by year because mobile is better?

So you're telling me Nintendo is going to blueball people who just buy a 3DS or Wii U this Christmas by revealing the NX on like December 26th or Jan 2nd? That would be hilarious

no it's because most normalfags are too lazy to build gaming PCs

Yes, and better would be a prebuilt gaming PC that was not ridiculously inflated on its price. But that goes against the manufacturer's desires, since they want more money.

This

It sounds reatarded and it is

But it's going to work in the long run

It's going to happen anyway, what difference does it make?

The average console window between it's announcement and launch is 5 months

So assuming it's coming out March

An announcement would come in November

>It's a gimmicky device that's going to spawn a lot of imitations, just as the Wii did.

ha! what a delusional nintendrone noone copied the wii until it was out for years and those were compete failures and with the failure of the wii u your ass seriously thinks the industry gives a single fuck what nintendo does anymore?

>No one would be able to buy an NX yet anyway.

that's fucking retarded consoles sells the most during christmas not fucking "march" and from nintendo actions that want and are moving as far away as possible from the wii u brand, but on that wanting to get rid of wii u stock I have a good idea why THEY KNOW IT'S A FAILURE IN THE MAKING and need some cash to pay back the manufacturing and distribution cost

>As long as it's sufficiently powerful, it's not a factor.

Most third parties abandoned the Wii early for anything more substantial than shovelware.

>and said that the console don't have enough userbase to have their games.

They weren't wrong.

Too late there's already a better copycat

youtube.com/watch?v=Y845oUAxrPY

Handheld market is shrinking because Smartphones do a lot more that what the 3DS does in a less kludgy way. It obviously wasn't designed for multimedia use or even hefty online use. It was designed basically before the Smartphone boom where people would think of it as their primary handheld device where services and shit didn't matter at all. Basically, Nintendo ignored smartphones and stubbornly believed that smartphones weren't gaming devices... until their market started crashing no matter what they did to bolster it. Wii U and 3DS were not future looking devices. At all. That's why they had DeNA come in and redo everything for the NX. They finally accepted their defeat to smartphones and online gaming.

THE EMOTION ENGINE WAS USELESS FOR GAMES AND VECTORS WERE ALREADY PHASED OUT IN THE ONLY THING THEIR GOOD AT WHICH WAS CRUNCHING NUMBERS

no amount of "good programming" would push the ps2 in the xbox land

People who get blueballed by your company are less likely to be loyal to it in the future. Like fuck those niggers at Sony for coming out with piss4pro after I got a piss4 a year ago. They fucked me. Next time I'm not buying one of their consoles until the gen is over.

wasnt the ds what kick started all this mobile gaming touchscreen cancer?

announcement in 5 hours

can't say anymore

>not pocketable at all

Done goofed.

that's called an iphone son

>your ass seriously thinks the industry gives a single fuck what nintendo does anymore

Pokemon Go and Mario Run (which overshadowed the PS4 Pro)?

Journalism posting every single rumor they can about the NX? Yes, people do care.

does a better job than forcing a brick on you

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=qRRZHySejfw

The nx is finished!

I'm ok with this. My only problem is that the new Zelda depends on NX news. They'll not showcase anything new for the WiiU version.

My only fear for an eventual delay, is that we WiiU fags will get cucked with Zelda.

Gamecube 2?

except the neo comes out this holidays.

Granted, but that's not official.

you really think the iphone would have a touch screen without the success of the ds?

So basically the DS is the root of all evil? Ok, I can see it.

>1) It's a gimmicky device that's going to spawn a lot of imitations, just as the Wii did. Miyamoto is actually on the record as saying that the reason it wasn't at E3 is because they're trying to avoid imitators.
This meme has to die

So is the 3ds

Meh, as long as I get my JRPGs, I'm happy. The Vita will be gone soon, and the NX will be the only handheld in town by next year.

They never said Zelda is a launch title

They will announce that it's delayed until Xmas 2017.
Screencap this faggots

>Gamecube 2?
Please fuck yes i would love to see a gamecube 2
>revival of dead IPs
>good control scheme
>decent 3rd party support
>focus on power again
>focus on gamersagain

Every time I see this picture I think that's an oven on the bottom.

pokemon go wasn't 100% nintendo and mario run was them cementing their mobile future during the iphone 7 reveal is pretty unsurprising that people would cover it not like making mobile games is something nintendo invented and now everyone will copy and ps4 pro is shit so of course

and what do you see about the nx is "what the fuck is it" and "nintendo is dead" people are waiitng for a custerfuk that will end nintendo as we know it I don't see that nintendo being a major part of the industry

That's even worse. TP launched first on Wii. I can guarantee it will happen again, and i have no intention of picking NX until a couple years later.

>decent 3rd party support
nintendo doesn't have this since the n64

Yeah I do. We had palm pilots for years before that.

your seriously this stupid

Is the Wii U not already a new Sega Saturn? It has a great library of niche games.
The NX will be Nintendo's Dreamcast.

it's from someone working at foxconn it's the best we got

You can easily pocket the smaller 3DS'.
I've pocketed the 3DSXL, but my screen paid a terrible price.

Hey, wait a minute. This isn't about the 3DS. We're on new hardware specs, damn it. And I wholly expect the NX to be pocketable. Shit, it better be.

yes and the wii didnt impact the gaming industry because they didnt invent motion controls. fuck off.

Allegedly. Even then, taking a technical sketch for accurate form factor is just silly.

>All of my why
Back to r*ddit with you, phoneposter.

To their credit, it is highly likely that the phones would have gotten touch screens, regardless.

That said, I don't think that nearly as many game companies would have jumped all over phones were it not for the DS.

If you want it to be like all the rumors said it will be while conforming to all the confirmed console game ports, then it will at least be tablet sized. More logical would laptop size to house a big battery and a fan because it's so graphical intensive.

So according to the rumors in this thread the NX is the bastard child of the OUYA and the Vita

in what way did the wii impact the industy?

spawned the failure of the playstation move
spawned the kinect

in what ways did wii impact the industry in a positively way? There's nothing to proud of when it comes to the wii other than some good games that were total failures that could have been on better systems.

You forgot it spawned the eyetoy for ps2. And sixaxis and dualshock 3.

explain how something that is pretty clear will change while in production, is it gonna be a triangle instead of a box that you have to carry around with you?

>rumors

There are potential size/heat issues, here.

That's why I actually do believe there's a big ass stand and hearty computing unit, but then a smaller portable unit that can play the same games but at a lower resolution and/or frame rate.

Nigga, that's not how it went down.

>October 2003
unless you doing some joke about drones?

>Nintendo would be killing their 3DS and Wii U sales
>Wii U sales
Wii U has already been on discontinued for awhile now and getting their games pulled off the shelves slowly.

>wii inspired the eyetoy
user, the eyetoy was released three years before the wii.

See now it's just the same as PS4 and Vita. Making Miyamoto a liar about avoiding people to steal their ideas.

Well it probably won't be a cube! Nintendo is dumb as of recent, but not even Sony is that dumb.

We don't know what shape and size it is. And we won't know until official confirmation, or, get REALLY LEGIT leaks of an NX unit off the early assembly line.

Motion controls are finding a place on VR right now, And Kinect have really good uses outside of games. Wiimote have uses, the problem is that everyone forced the shit out of it.
It's nice to have in a game that needs a pointer.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Nintendo has to announce the NX by before their investors meeting in late October. If it's not revealed by then, something seriously wrong is happening with the NX and it's not making its March release.

yes that's the joke

they didn't have 3rd parties during n64. really last time they had 3Rd party support was snes.

No fuck you. Palm pilots were the protoiphones.

you mean that guy that went on Neogaf and then people found out that image actually came from another chinese website?

nope wrong.

No, I don't think he's lying - I also suspect the controllers thing to be accurate as well, which is what separates the NX from the PS4/Vita (not in functionality, just form, as the Vita already has all the necessary PS4 controls built into it, IIRC).

Even then eyetoy wasnt original they copied the dreamcast's dream what ever the fuck it was called camera hes right about the other stuff though.

Sony copied Nintendo since 1995 their greatest "invention"s weren't even theirs. Dualshock , mem Card , broadband etc.Same with Microsoft they attempted to copy the wii u with the xbox glass

the thing is we believe these leaks every time because NINTENDO IS THIS DUMB

>Dreamcast
>think of the VMU

UGH, such wasted potential. Good thing we have smartphones, now. Now they can be in full color and have better controls and more depth, if they'd interact with gaming consoles.

I'll half give you the vr point but honestly time wise and the context of their usefulness in the format I really think these controls would have spawned naturally without the existence of the wii

But 3ds games are actually games.mobile trash games almost aren't even games. 3ds games have way more effort put towards them and wouldn't Be able to run well on smartphones. Plus, i think physical buttons are way better than a touchscreen

Nigger what. The touch screen, the shape. The different applications/games. All it was missing was being able to call people.

foxconn is in china so....

With software.

Hardware, they really hash that shit out.
>But the Wii U
Was a pretty sturdy fucking tablet controller. It was stupid, it was middle ground, but it was legit at it.

Where the leaks at?

steaming media to a wireless device isn't something the wii u thought up by itself

Handheld and mobile games are generally pretty different things
Even without considering that a most game genres flat out don't fucking work well on touch controls, mobile games are dominated by free to play bullshit that attempts to milk people through microtransactions. ESPECIALLY in Japan with all their gacha bullshit on phones. When have you ever heard of a mobile game that actually costs money up front being a huge success?

BOTW?

Xenoblade?

There are alternatives. Alternatives that are proving far superior to Bethesda's approach.

>implying the PS2 wasn't more powerful than Gamecube

I mean come on guys. It's not just the Emotion Engine / CPU, it's freaking everything is better than Gamecube.

Yes but the 3ds sold less than the gba handheld is shrinking

3D World and NSMB both have co-op (aka "Friendship ender" mode) so I wouldn't be too surprised if they did that

>handheld is shrinking

Handheld console, maybe.
Mobile is wide fucking open.

>Hardware, they really hash that shit out.

right when they said hey lets put in powerful cpu and gpu and then gimp it with 4kb for textures and cartridges because cartage piracy is why the snes games sold only one unit each(really sad we never got another mario or zelda game because of cartage piracy killing the franchises)

or hey make proprietary dvd's but use the mini dvd fom factor so we can charge more for discs when they reach the limit and people can't watch dvd's just to stop piracy that killed the ps2 and xbox

then finally hey lets finally use the full dvd form factor for our proprietary discs so you can still not watch dvds and shovelware has lots of space

oh wait and lets make proprietary discs based on blu ray but you can't watch blu rays

Comparing numbers like that is not how you do it.
Need to see how the whole thing works in tandem or bust.
Just to give you a clue, the PS3 memory speed is around 19GB/s.

So what realistically happens if the NX bombs as hard as the Wii U did?

What becomes of Nintendo? Am I even allowed to ask?

I meant more about the durability and size for the portables (Gamepad technically included) relative to the desired performance.

But that's a good list for people that think Nintendo consoles are good.

I'm really going bite with Mini dvds, but if you want a damn media player buy a damn media player.

VECTOR
PROCESSORS

and the polygon number boast is made up of flat polygons the xbox is more powerful than the ps2 always and the gamecube was more gimped by the fact it used slow unified memory than by it's cpu

They coast on handhelds for another 5 years and try some other dumb bullshit

>Comparing numbers like that is not how you do it.

When all the numbers are higher then it is irrefutably more powerful. There's never any "magic" reason higher numbers would yield lower performance if it's uniform.

I take it you didn't study electrical engineering or computer science?

>What becomes of Nintendo?

Third party phone game maker/medical devices and software. I really doubt they'd just die.

mario runner answers your question the fact they won't tell us what it is shows they know it's a failure in the making and hoping wii u stocks being bought up and them springing the nx on us at the last minute before the hate kills it will make some money back

back then that was a huge selling point with dvd's just then breaking into the market which has nothing to do with your statement now in current year

Not really, all of it's actual good games were 3rd party and they got ported elsewhere.

Vector processors are the heart and soul of 3D graphics processing, so it's not a meme.

Gamecube also has (one) vector processor, but it's a shitty fixed T&L unit.

Xbox is irrefutably more powerful than PS2, but PS2 is more powerful than Gamecube, although the PS2 is harder to program than Gamecube which is why the graphics are sometimes worse.

>gamecube was more gimped by the fact it used slow unified memory than by it's cpu

Gamecube doesn't use unified memory. The memory is split 24 / 16 / 3.

N64 was an example of a purely unified memory system though.

sega of america killed the saturn...reminds you of anything?

I have a question for everyone.

When will the mobile / f2p bubble burst? Are there too many competitors, and too many failures to make new, safe investments? Are we nearing the transition from one epoch to the NEXT? And WHAT will come NEXT? Is this SOMETHING Nintendo has researched and is PLANNED for?

And what of the MOBILE GAMERS? Are they PLANNING a postmobile system with which to catch em all after that market implodes?

>Xenoblade
Has never been that popular and was just a "good" game that no one rushed out to buy.
>Smash Bros.
Gets worse every iteration because of Nintendo's bad mojo to cater evermore to children, not to mention it was on 3DS as well no it killed the Wii U effect
>Splatoon
undercooked, unfinished at release typical shooting game with a paint gimmick that has been done before in shitty indie games only popular because nintendo advertised it in japan and it sold half its LTD there to children

Making phone games costs about as much as slapping together a shitty flash game (which most of em are)
It's more akin to fucking gambling and the allure of hitting it big is too much for some companies to give up on

>post-mobile

The FUCK does that even look like? It's not wearable.

...hey wait a minute. Didn't the early NX presentations say that they were going past Console, Handheld, Mobile, and Wearable?
What is that, even? Glasses? Projector? Brain implant?

More like its shit and they know it will piss off their core fanbase to oblivion, but since they still want the casual audience they'll keep it in secret until near the release date.

Here is the

REALITY

of the NX situation

>gimmick
>underpowered
>no 3rd party support

it will sell like shit everywhere but JPN where it might sell as much as the PSP (going by current trends of selling less than the 3DS, as 3DS sold less than the DS, etc)

it will just be another Wii U everywhere else Nintendos market doesn't exist anymore because it's been usurped by mobile

they were too little too late and now need to put their software on mobile like they are

when wifi vr contact lenses become compulsory.

Misinformed douchebag who think he knows so much

>Falling for that shitty bait

>Nintendo's stupid but they're not that stupid.

Federation Force and Color Splash called

>Vector processors are the heart and soul of 3D graphics processing

of the ps2 yes which were used up until the 90's for number crunching not rendering graphics

>it's a shitty fixed T&L unit.

lighting was the one thing ps2 was good at

>although the PS2 is harder to program than Gamecube which is why the graphics are sometimes worse.

moot point

>gamecube was more gimped by the fact it used slow unified memory than by it's cpu

oh I thought the 1T-SRAM was unified but gpu and system ram made are up of 1T-SRAM is split with audio and dvd getting dram themselves

I feel bad that NX is pretty much going to fail. Nintendo had their chances, though and their fans have been more than forgiving.

Because well, there's are only four of the over 60 numbers you can measure about the console there.
And the Gflops measure is a complete lie, as it only talks about the "flexible GFLOPS".

We just want to laugh at them

I don't mind the lack of power in the consoles, since only an idiot buys a console for power these days anyway; But I want to see Nintendo stop being so clinical with their games lately.

Everything feels so clean and lifeless, and they aren't taking any risks with the games anymore and seem to be releasing consistently easier games,

Its just little things like the atmosphere and mood of their games. I miss their old image, Nintendo used to really feel like getting an "E" rating meant it had something for everyone, but their games just feel like they're aimed directly at a young audience. Some of their old games used to be a decent challenge for everyone, not just the stupid kids that don't like puzzles or having to retry.

I remember sony said PS2 games would look like Toy Story

yet majority of those ip's are dead and the guy who replied to you is 100% right people pay attention to them just because they want to see them fuck up noone cares about what they actually do normally other than when a game gets announced because "Nintendo IPs alone worth more than themselves."

>Fates
>great

Only Conquest is okay.

I am confident there will be a "Eureka" moment in terms of game design in the next few years that will solve some of the audience / difficulty problems. For instance, how many levels designed for beginners, how many for experts.

IN FACT, I have a suspicion the next core mario will unveil a Nintendo twist on procedural generation used in places within the courses.

If the leaked Amiibo release dates are legit (and most likely are since they were from multiple Nintendo sites), it's even less than that. Closer to 5 months.

Because Nintendo shit always racks in the clicks and baits no matter what. That's why game journalists stationed in 'frisco still write about them despite hating Nintendo everything.

Getting a spin off or a side game isn't going kill the franchise, you know.
3ds pikmin game isn't going kill Pikmin 4, or Fed force is going make Nintendo stop with Metroid games.

People act like Nintendo needs make a game every year to make the franchise relevant again.

F zero sold like shit, people just care because smash, Last metroid game was other M in 2010, isn't that old for the fucks sake.

Fire emblem got 2 games that sold like shit, it didn't stopped IS to make another one.

Bitching isn't going help in anything.

>3ds pikmin game isn't going kill Pikmin 4
It did with NSMB and the Mario franchise
It happened with Ohter M and Metroid
It happened with Sticker Star and Paper mario
It happened with Starfox Zero and Starfox

F2P ain't ever going away, it's been going since the early 2000's with all those F2P shitty flash games.

Don't forget about the korean/chinese MMO market. They run entirely off of cash shops.

This shit is here to stay.

>People act like Nintendo needs make a game every year to make the franchise relevant again.

but then needed to make more than one game a year for there consoles to be relevant

>F zero sold like shit

and? killing of IP because they sold like shit generations ago is not how you build a brand when your dead last

>isn't that old for the fucks sake.

isn't good either

>Fire emblem got 2 games that sold like shit, it didn't stopped IS to make another one.

your no longer making your own point good job!

Read more carefully. They said a franchise doesn't need a game every year to be relevant.

>It did with NSMB and the Mario franchise
Mario is still going strong, the fuck are you on about? Just because the "New!" games suck doesn't mean 3D World is bad.

>It happened with Ohter M and Metroid
Metroid has never gotten a lot of games, and Other M sold fairly well despite massive backlash.

>It happened with Sticker Star and Paper mario
This is more due to the popularity of Mario & Luigi and Nintendo being retarded

>It happened with Starfox Zero and Starfox
This is true. I'd be fucking amazed if another StarFox game came out anytime soon.

Uh user you don't have any proof for starfox, Metriod and NSMB. They even said a new type of Mario coming.

Even sticker star is highly debatable, as they noticed the negative reaction this time

Called it.

I've been saying they haven't shown it off because nothing is ready to show in a way that they think will be impressive.

They are rushing the thing out.

but they do need to have games

They didn't use any social media today. Perhaps they're prepping for the announcement of the reveal date tomorrow? They usually announce directs and whatnot on Tuesdays.

hurr hurr Nintendo last gaming company

Yeah we see that, no games and amiibo garbage.
Fuck Off delusional Nintendrone.

>They didn't use any social media today.

holy shit nintendo fans are REALLY grasping at straws

>Nintendo makes a New IP
>Nobody gives a fuck
>Nintendo makes a new game for existing IP.
>Rehearse

they usually post shit every day

And you're damn right I'm desperate. I've been waiting for 17 months for one fucking spec of info and they refuse to say a damn thing for no goddamn reason unless they're delaying the thing.

Splatoon sold 4m on a dead console. Federation Force sold less than 30k copies.

Just let it rest, Nintendo is dead.

I said nothing about numbers.

You also believed EA's talk about "unprecedented partnership", didn't you? No publisher is going to say that a new platform launching soon is absolute garbage and they're not touching it with a ten-foot pole.

>New IP
>no one gives a fuck

amount of copies sold certainly implies someone gives a fuck

Ubisoft looks forward to anything they can sell shovelware on. Their Wii and DS budget titles literally funded the entirety of their open-world games during the the 7th gen.

It boggles my fucking mind how people who consider themselves fans of video games want an unreleased video game system to be shit.

I'm talking about how people react.

People don't bat a eye in new ac game or Fifa coming every year, but a new mario game is something that should be bannable.

For sure splatoon, was a hit but most of time people tend to ignore a bit.

nintendo have been a blight on this industry for far too long, it's in gaming's best interest that they crash and burn

Because Nintendo isn't about video games, they're about toys

>For sure splatoon, was a hit but most of time people tend to ignore a bit.
explain

They only want m rated shootybangs. And a dash of stop liking what i don't like. Also, insecurity.

Lol

I thought they were irrelevant?

Do you genuinely believe that any of the big 3/4 are particularly worse than the others? I can see one thinking that maybe, back in 6th gen, but NOW? What are you on?

>want

We expect it will be knowing neo-Nintendo

Can you explain what you mean in greater detail?

Nintendo's the only company that doesn't charge you to go online. They also were the first company to include non-shit wi-fi in their machines.

Beyond that they seem to be the only ones in the industry not interested in making sub-par PCs.

Elaborate please.

Remember, Pandora's tower? Last Story?

Or even More recent stuff like codename STEAM or #FE?

Splatoon got a bit lucky with interest, and got a shitton of maketing if wasn't for that people would ignore it pretty hard.

They need to get with the times. Nintendo's holding the industry back with their regressive mindset, people don't want just a video games console anymore, they want full fledged entertainment packages, and Nintendo fails to deliver there.

Post yfw NX is going to be another underpowered disappointment with a gimmick few consumers care about.

>and got a shitton of maketing if wasn't for that people would ignore it pretty hard.

Welcome to every video game ever in modern times.

>people don't want just a video games console anymore, they want full fledged entertainment packages
Then why did everyone reject the TV-focused Xbox One?

Why is sony not including a UHD Blu-Ray player in their 4k console?

But the other two do. Sony and microsoft can do whatever they want. They don't have to hold back because nintendo says so. How are they holding anyone back?

Reggie is such a faggot.

Xeoblade got weirdly lucky. For some reason.

AAA suffocating releases really sucks, it doesn't help that big publishers killed or absorbed a lot of small devs.

This. Once Nintendo dies

then......... we shall have...... peace

>they want full fledged entertainment packages
So why is Nintendo the only one still bothering with couch co-op?

Then what about other anomalies like Watch_Dogs, No Man's Sky, and minecraft?

You're literally just describing a competitive industry.

but he's our faggot

Yeah SEGA of Japan being idiots.
Saturn was a nightmare to code for.
Dreamcast was a piece of shit.

Both times SoA told SoJ that the hardware sucked well beforehand, Dreamcast they even made a BETTER console but it was rejected because 'lol japan is best'
SoA console would have been significantly more powerful than PS2, on par with GC CPU wise but miles ahead GPU wise.

Instead they went with the shitty SoJ version and laid off all the US engineers.
Not long after the release and tanking of the dreamcast, pretty much all the rest of SoA moved to where those laid off engineers went - Microsoft.

Id be happy with a wannabe pc that had exclusive nintendo games

Just to have one faggot ass company fucking everyone because they can and have the monopoly of everything?

Wonderful thing, I can't wait for that.

Industry standards for the past decade or so show have shown that Nintendo doesn't have any effect on the trends. There's really nothing they can do at this point to halt progress. Even Sony doesn't really mind the fact that they exist at this point, so why should anyone else? It's like fretting over some bug that exists somewhere that isn't doing anything to you.

>Dreamcast was a piece of shit

Wow, nice wrong opinion, cocksucker. The rest is true, though.

I guess these days it's not enough to hate something. It's important that no one else can enjoy it either. You having fun on your thing reduces the fun i can have on my thing. What a mindset.

Compared to what it could have been, it was.
Actually just in general the hardware was shit.

I'm not referring to the library, only the hardware.

they are also the only company that doesn't include the cable to recharge your handheld, sell you microtransactions in shape of toys and charge you $5 for old games you could easily emulate and run better on potato computers

No, it's not like I want one company to have command over the entire industry. That's not why I want Nintendo out, certainly not!

It's not out everywhere. Big names like Ubisoft, as usual with new nintendo consoles, have already announced that they're working on titles for the console already.

Then... what DO you want?

Nah I always thought he was terrible. Then again none of the pr fags are that great.

>they are also the only company that doesn't include the cable to recharge your handheld
shitty for sure

> sell you microtransactions in shape of toys
for content that is usually completely insignificant. Any games that heavily focused on them bombed.

> charge you $5 for old games you could easily emulate and run better on potato computers
So does MS and Sony but "it's not okay when Nintendo does it"

I'm just an upstanding citizen. You can trust me, can't you?

>Nintendo
+:Free online, actually introduce new ideas,
-:Amiibo implementation, region lock, behind in the times in just about every way

>Sony
+: Good hardware, good with marketing
-:Paid online, often prioritize media before games, focus on the LCD Western market,

>Microsoft:
I honestly have never owned a MS system or ever bothered to look at them but I'm sure they have their ups and downs, you get the point.

I'm sure there's a whoooole lot that one could add to above, but I just listed a few big things so you'd get the idea. Every company has it's ups and downs. This whole "one company is good, the others are bad" bullshit is literal kiddy shit, don't you realize that? I see my 16-year-old brother argues about that kind of shit with brands of mobile phones and kinds of cars. It's the EXACT SAME SHIT.

How can you be a fucking adult and still engage in console wars? Is it not tiring to endlessly shill, for hours on end each day, for a company that could care less about you? It's seriously lame, you know?

I like reggie, he at-least pretends to not be a corporate shill even though he doesn't hide it well.

>toy
Not the only one
>no cable
Not the only one
>everything should be free because I can get them for free

At least they don't
>charge for online that gets hacked every few weeks
>sell seperate, overpriced memory cards
>sell toys that have an actual effect on gameplay
>have console DRM
>remove backwards compatability
>remater the same game twice in a single generation

I can do Microsoft:

+Is willing to to try all sorts of new ideas
+Will fund full games just because
-They're microsoft and will fuck you 7 ways over before release

>adults

also, excellent post.

It's more a case of me hating someone for shitting on a company I like. I don't really actively go out and shitpost against other companies

Which, still does sound ridiculous. Honestly, I can't explain why I do it. It is childish and fucking stupid, but I literally have nothing else going on in my life other than to post on Cred Forums and tell the guy who is shitting on my favorite company that he's wrong.

people feel a need to pick a side, plus console wars are ingrained in you from a early point. Brand loyalty just kind of sinks in.

Even I have to admit I defend Nintendo more often just because I grew up with them. Sony's not bad, definitely in the dominant position.

Nintendo was also the last company to not provide shitty internet services, and one of the few who still adhere to region locking.

That picture reminds me of the cult thing nintendo has. Not as bad as apple but still.

but user

IT'S NOT OKAY IF NINTENDO DOES IT

NX won't be backwards compatible, calling it now

Seeing as they said they want to get away from the Wii and Wii U name, backwards compatibility probably ain't happening, you'd need the gamepad to pull it off

I hate all of them, but Nintendo I hate just a bit more.

it's a shame, but I don't sell my consoles anyways and porting their Wii U titles would probably be more profitable anyhow.

Doubt so if they use cartridges, it will likely be BC with 3DS an DS

Same. It's my childhood. Feels like a personal attack at times. I mean I have a PS2 and PS3, but I'm more irked when people shit on Nintendo than on Sony. I generally leave well enough alone with the occasional bantz here and there, but it's mostly defense.

It's not logical, but that's brand loyalty for you.

>might use cartridges
>not backwards compatible

im sure if you cut the cd pieces up and shove them into the cartridge port itll work fine

even that I think it's unlikely.

Until Nintendo announces that the NX will not be region-locked I'm not going to give one shit about it.

All three are giant greedy whales, but Nintendo makes the most games I enjoy.

>charge for online that gets hacked every few weeks

I don't have a Wii U, bit if I remember well, their online was crap on Wii. 4 or 6 month after MK was released, 1 out of 3 matches were shit because some asshole used cheats, and Nintendo didn't even bother to fix it.

Smash servers were also shit since you coudln't limit the number of players in matches or restrict regions.

>sell seperate, overpriced memory cards

They sell overpriced games, consoles and gimmicks

>sell toys that have an actual effect on gameplay

The only reason they didn't do this is because mosst people just want Amiibos as collectable figurines

>have console DRM

Yes, but don't they force you to upgrade your OS every time you want to play a new game on Wii U?

As far as i remember you couldn't play Gamecube games on mini Wii

>remater the same game twice in a single generation

Sure, they wait at least ONE generation to sell you the EXACT same game with some filters here and there

what games would you even buy anyway? Were there for Wii U you would only buy the japan version?

The reason of Why WiiU and 3ds have full backward compatibility because they literally still have a entire wii/ds inside them.

For the fucks sake, WiiU can even run GC on hardware games if you homebrew it.

They lack of some stuff but pretty much everything still there.

>They sell overpriced games, consoles and gimmicks
Wii games were only $50 max as opposed to the $60 HD pricehike most companies did. Even then they have sold a lot of games at reduced prices like Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Captain Toad, and Kirby.

Wii remotes were only $40 while Xbox and PS3 controllers were 50-60 bucks.

Nintendo also never sold a camera that costed $150 for a tiny handful of games.

Literally any Atlus game, which are guaranteed to come out a minimum of 6 months later in PAL regions compared to the US, if they come out at all. Also there are still plenty of games that don't get released outside Japan that might interest me.

so....just Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

>Also there are still plenty of games that don't get released outside Japan that might interest me.
for the Wii U?

How many times have you watched the trailer?

Unfortunately, this feature just really doesn't matter to most people user. I don't speak japanese, and although there are probably many unlocalized games i'd love to play, i wouldn't be able to enjoy them in even if i did import them.

Wiiu have some stuff that never got released here, like Yakuza ports and taiko.

For sure, Yakuza ports are shit but it is something.

And #FE got released at same time as US because Nintendo was the publisher, not atlus.

I thought we were talking about the NX, not the Wii U.

They're all good points except:
They didn't remove it, they simply didn't(haven't yet) add(ed) it.

PS2 backwards compatibility with PS1 was pure hardware, a PS2 had all the components of a PS1 internally, they were used for different things in PS2 mode, but they were there.
Early PS3 BC with PS2 was also pure hardware, but Sony didn't allow devs to access that hardware in PS3 mode and removed it over time, providing (slow!) software emulation only.
PS4 has no PS3 hardware and is actually slower in some places than the PS3 (floating point calculations were faster on the Cell's SPEs than the FPU of a Jaguar APU)
Emulating the PS3 on the PS4 likely isn't possible.
It should be possible on the PS4Pro (SPE code can be moved to the GPU as there should be enough power there to do both the 6 SPEs and the RSX)

Xbox 360 emulation on Xbone is much easier, there are no wacky SPEs to emulate only a pretty stock standard AltiVec implementation that has an extra VMX128 (128bit Vector math, sort of like what the SPEs would do...) instruction, so FP is fine and INT was always fine (for both PS4 and xboner vs. the Cell PPE and Xenon) as Jaguar is well above 2x the IPC for int math and both older consoles were in-order, so nothing wacky, very procedural code - each cpu instruction from the game can be quickly translated from PPC to x86 (or possibly even the internal microcode for the Jaguar CPUs... that would be, very fast) and then computed in less cycles than the older CPUs, so even if the clockrate if half (Cell PPE vs PS4 APU) the instructions will still be completed faster in realtime (ns)

TLDR: The SPEs from Cell probably aren't emulatable on regular PS4 only PS4Pro as OG PS4 simply isn't powerful enough.

About 6. This game needs ghibli cut scenes. Or maybe an animated ending.

games costed less because they were shit 95% of the times

Reality check, no one cares about region lock except for 10 forum dwelling weebs

Region locking is a bit of concern in japan because people can import shit there for pretty cheap sometimes.

It kinda hurt the internal market but, well, I'm no expert.

>no one cares about region lock except for 10 forum dwelling weebs

Well Them and Europe.

As someone who lives in a country which gets regularly fucked when it comes to video game prices, you bet I care about being able to import.

Iwata said before he wanted to take out the region locking on the next console, so anything's possible.

not that poster but,
>europe
That's a good point! I never though... of that.

>people went to the one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.
damn user that was cleaver ass fuck
i didnt espect that from this place

If people from your country bought games, would price go down due to demand? I have no idea, just wondering.

Reality check: shitloads of people care about region locking.

I can buy cheaper games internationally if there are no region locks.
>Implying I'm going to pay local prices
>Implying local retailers don't parallel import too and sell cheaper international versions rather than the publisher endorsed local version if there are no region locks for said device/console

Yeah, because you, ameriturds always got the entire library, right?

What a massive retarded fuck.

That's not how supply and demand works. If demand increases, then the price increases.

Nigga. I'm not the one screwing you out of games. All I said is that europe also cares.

>force
Turn auto-updates off.
And the online is much better

because they only came up with the name. I don't think they have the balls to reveal their new console without waiting for the competitors. Otherwise they will get burned and lost the console race.

The competitors have already revealed everything though...

Nintendo should just make a Controller (not a gimmick controller) with Bluetooth and contact get Denuvo and VMWare to build them a 'virtual console' which could be played on most any PC and late model Android tablets.

They could both release a physical console that adheres to the specs as well as selling games (which would work in the VM or the console)
Boom, mass market saturation without making people buy shit unless they want to.

They are too stupid to do that. Besides, they know they can make money with game apps and shitty toys anyways

man sometimes I think Cred Forums has an ok grasp on economics and market share but then a post like this comes around and slaps me awake.

Is Deep Fear actually good? It looks like a poor man's Resident Evil.

Nintendo doesn't need market share like everyone else - as no one but weebs and kids of weebs buy nintendo consoles anyway.
Nintendo wants to expand their audience - a real physical device is not the way for them to do that, as no matter what, noone is going to buy it.

Nintendo would be better off pulling a SEGA now and killing their hardware entirely.

Apps is coming close, it's certainly a move to the future.

>Nintendo doesn't need market share like everyone else
Spoken like a true Econ 101 student

>Nintendo would be better off pulling a SEGA now and killing their hardware entirely.
Yeah, because SEGA's doing so much better than Nintendo right now, right?

SEGA shut down after almost a decade of poor financial decisions and bad marketing, they never made even half as much as Nintendo did.

Nintendo has said a billion times that their games stay with them, so all that would happen if they stopped making consoles is probably phone games.

Maybe with 3DS, doubt it about DS.

There's no way it will have BC with Wii/Wii U disks so expect ports like Zelda BotW.

>mfw I realize I bought the Wii U as an emulation machine and I actually got an emulation machine.

it was also the best of the 3

PC isn't considered a legit platform by 90% of consumers.

They said same thing about the Wii U.

>it will be delayed
>zelda will be delayed along with it
>wii u is ceasing production and has no games on the horizon
>nintendo couldn't care less because their fans will STILL DEFEND THEM no matter how shit they become

post predictions

just let me play my galcha on a handled/hybrid console, and I will be happy. (no seriously: this is the only way nintendo can still be relevant)

My pessimism is far greater than yours

Sega does what Nintendon't !

If all you want to play is gambling card collectors, you have issues.

I don't know where your getting this shit. Pc is very popular in the us and more popular than consoles in europe in gaming.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-01-26-pc-trumps-mobile-console-in-booming-usd61bn-digital-games-market

Even if the NX was going to be announced tomorrow, a PR person right now would still have to say "we will talk about it at a later date".
It's an extremely generic response.

The NX isn't planned to be released until 6 months from now. Sony only unveiled their successor console 2 months before release, why does everyone expect Nintendo to reveal the NX so early before launch?

>this bullshit

GC was considerably more powerful and far easier to program for than PS2 was. What is this utter fucking insanity?

Wiimote + Nunchuk = $60

Also, people realize they are getting an inferior version of the game, so the $50 price point is warranted.

Yea but that was a company made by numales and fagetting thieves who couldnt make a game to save their life

>Nintendo also never sold a camera that costed $150 for a tiny handful of games.

Yes but they released an entire console with a screen in the controller, which is a gimmick no one wanted. Their past two consoles have purely been capitalizing on gimmicks.

Ya rly though, PS2 could not compare to the amazing graphics that came from the Gamecube, even the startup screen blew the PS2 away. On top of that, the proprietary mini-discs meant unparalleled loading times. Although, I have to give it to the PS2 for having the most games by far.

>Yes but they released an entire console with a screen in the controller, which is a gimmick no one wanted.
Yes and its one of the best controllers.

I'm not sure about the patents, but they are so retarded that i refuse to believe. There's no need for such device in 2016.

I want you to explain to me why you think so please.

Correct the limitations of the standard controller design and bridges some of the gap between them and the KB+M.

That can be truth in some degree, but the flaws outweight those pros. Too bulky, bad battery life, high production costs, gimps multiplayer for the asymetrical experience nobody bothered to explore, hard to replace/repair and a lack of vision.

I didn't buy the WiiU specifically because the controller only had a 3 hour battery life (meaning I would have to have it plugged in half the time), and Nintendo in their infinite wisdom decided to disable turning off the screen during gameplay.

this post really said nothing, sorry

It was even worse at launch, when you required te gamepad to navigate every menu. They had to patch Pro Controller menu navigation later. The Wiimote was so versatile that it baffles me how could they overcomplicate something so simple with the gamepad.

When you go to the console configuration, the TV displays explanations. Every option needs to be changed on the gamepad. It's a constant back an forth between the gamepad and the pro if you're playing something with the latter.

I am going to bed, and when i wake up, there had damn well better be an announcement of an announcement. OR ELSE

Yeah, like the fan base bought the WiiU.

>but the flaws outweight those pros.
They really don't. The controller design allows access to genres that don't exist to consoles, which in turn would mean more games.

But people would rather have the most vital aspect of gaming stagnant rather then get more games and that's a damn shame.

Then learn how to read.

>The Wiimote was so versatile
The Wiimote was the opposite of versatile. It was so specialized you straight up couldn't do certain things with and gameplay suffered for it.

These days you have better motion controls that remedy that, but that doesn't change how limited the Wiimote was.

The Gamepad did the exact opposite by being able to do more than the standard controller instead of less.

dude, the way you write is largely incoherent and vague. try to read what you type before sending it and ask yourself if the average person would be able to decipher what you're saying. no offense.

I'm vague, yes. But its really not that hard to follow me. Use your fucking head and think about what KB+M can do and what genres exist on the PC but not consoles.

RTS is one of them.

>considerably more powerful
disagree
>and far easier to program for
agree

What's there to not understand?

>They really don't. The controller design allows access to genres that don't exist to consoles, which in turn would mean more games.
>But people would rather have the most vital aspect of gaming stagnant rather then get more games and that's a damn shame.

Are you really blaming the consumers for Nintendo dropping the ball? Not even them explored the gamepad in a meaningful way. Even BotW will not use the gamepad outside of the gyro.

Hell, the port of Deus Ex did it better than any first party game.

Not even the stuff they showed on the reveal trailer of the WiiU was actually done. It's the only Nintendo controller that reeks of "innovation" for the sake of beign different, not to improve the user experience.

I hate fake humans

If it doesn't release by the end of this fiscal year investors will sperg the fuck out. March at the lastest is the release date expect news in December

>Nintendo of Canada asked them to remove that part of the interview

Honestly, nobody starts an interview like that, it puts the whole company under a bad light.

And that "I guess it's really that bad, huh?" can be interpreted negatively too, like "wow, Nintendo still doesn't have shit ready?" which can lead people to believe the whole system is gonna be shit or even non existent.

>Welcome to the official Nintendo profile for gaming news!
>We’re listening, too.