Riot game

Refer to pic

>Has a game like this already been made?
>Would Cred Forums be interested in a game like this?

I am a programmer capable of making a game, I would just need an art person and a marketing person at the very least. I am open to showing all progress with monthly demos. I am willing to invest a lot of time into this.

>How do we know you're serious?
On the google play store I made a game using Unity it's called Rouge Defender. Keep in mind it's very rough and I'm using Unreal engine now.

I'm beginning to get a grasp of C++ and blueprints but I have a good background in Unity's C#

Is there a place for devs to go on here? Or is it okay to post something like this on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/342310/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Holy fuck this board moves fast
BUMP

try asking on /agdg/

I'm going to cut to the chase here, OP

Can I kill black people in this game?

Will do, This place is sanic fast

Yes of course! HUNDREDS OF THEM WITH ANY WEAPON YOU CHOOSE

IF YOU WISH YOU

Playing as the rioters would be an option as well.

>rioter's main goal isn't causing as much property damage while avoiding arrest

Lame.

sold, get to work

look up riot on steam mate.

This would be a game mode.
I'm willing to take any ideas that fit!

Riot Civil unrest

Shitty hipster 2D

IM ALL ABOUT THAT 3D BOI DONT WASTE MY TIME

Riot Civil Unrest is being made but I think it might be vaporware

>>Has a game like this already been made?
State of emergency, urban chaos, and the xbox crack down come to mind, but it's not quite the same.

"search building for supplies". You mean steal shit?

So, multiplayer Urban Chaos?

I want a 70's mission where I can mow down hippies with a water cannon, does this seem feasible? Or an Irish level where I play a cop running away for my god damn life.

realistic damage system, good body physics, and a wide variety of makeshift rioter weapons and riot police weapons, coop/vs multiplayer and you've sold me a game op

Sort of unrelated but I fucking love riots, they're neat, what sort of media features lots of them?

Yeah steal shit

store.steampowered.com/app/342310/

So like this game with the exact same name and exact same theme just with a bit of different genres and looting thrown in?

Could I just start it and throw out a single player demo in a month or so?

Will there be riot classes or abilities.
Say I'm black I should get a bonus to looting and hot wiring cars, if I'm a football rioter speed bonus, some white emo thug a resistance bonus to gas grenades?

I'll need a different name.
But yes as an FPS on the Unreal engine.

> giving bonuses to subhumans

for what purpose?

Writing this all down.

Sounds good to me, customization would be key for gameplay - maybe have builds for specific game modes.

Make a loading be a mock news report giving a description of the game and maybe the win state too. Idk, sounds force but you can figure it out

I'd like to believe in games embracing game play elements for fun. You could easily make the class system have demerits, like black = must find kfc to keep up stamina.

Just spitballing ideas.

Cops also are responsible for evacing injured people-- and that includes rioters. Also includes protecting fire trucks and ambulances.

A cop objective is to look good in front of the cameras, and not just shoot people when streamers and journalists are filming.

Good cop bad cop mode? Maybe different chiefs/mayors have different expectations? Different use of force policies that escalate or de-escalte?

Rich people getting looted is a bigger negative for the police than poor.

Rooftop koreans/vigilantes.

Should rioters be attacking other rioters?

Rioter objectives/ possible ai goals.

Fuck the police: injure or kill police
My own PA: Steal expensive shit. -steal from other rioters?
Burn motherfucker burn: Property damage
Cant we all just get along? :Stop criminal rioters from distracting from the message.

Race war now: Kill everyone who is race-X.

what is the core idea? Counter strike team vs team?

Urban Chaos was an unsung hero of the FPS genre. Its a crime a sequel or at least a rerelease wasn't made.

Even orks can tell the shooty ones from the dakka ones. Don't get derailed.

Team vs Team but bots filled for either side.
Kinda like how Titanfall 1 did it's gameplay.

I know how to optimize large quantities of characters. See my game on the play store.

Thank God Hilary stopped Putin and reset Russia, but in alternate world this could've happened

I really would enjoy this game

Have you ever thought about isometric view and seamless transition to first person?

It'd have to be asymmetrical. And if a cop attacks without being provoked they'd lose points, but if he does it covertly the negative is negated. Cops would have lethal and non-lethal, and can only use lethal on rioters with high enough "Wanted" levels.

Think the intro could be like a news clip where the view goes from the helicopter view to the player view.

I mean that as a transition would be nice, but I wouldn't make it a mechanic. Unless you could explain its usage?

More rioters than police would be the whole game. It's the fear factor.

You did mention multiplayer, right?
If so, isometric view would be used to get a better view of the situation at hand/easily looking at your teammates. First person would be used for the sake of immersion and a different look overall.
Isometric view would be its own playstyle while first person would also have its own playstyle.

Somebody tried to kickstart this but Im pretty certain it died.

>I want a 70's mission where I can mow down hippies with a water cannon, does this seem feasible? Or an Irish level where I play a cop running away for my god damn life.

Single player would be a place to start,
A skilled art team would be needed for historical accuracy.

One thing that I'd like to see is that the mayor issues self serving idiotic contradictory political instructions to the police.

Like demand that the police not use violence unless personally attacked, then bitch out the officers for not stopping looters that robbed his store.

Or giving approval to clear a street/use lethal force, then changing his mind and saying that he never authroized it.

And simultaniously pandering to the police AND to the rioters.

Yes a game like this would thrive on multiplayer.
What do you think of friendly fire?

Maybe the isometic view could be seen from helicopters from the sky?

This would be a part of the news transitions.

Does the multiplayer story not sit well with you guys?

I thought Titanfall worked it nicely.

I don't know about other but I personally prefer my stories to be singleplayer. Multiplayer story is fine but the eventuality of having nobody playing some years down the line would irk me.

>What do you think of friendly fire?
Griefing is an issue. But it also potentially has gameplay elements.

Like looters looting from other looters.

Like some officer loses his shit and starts going rodney king on everyone.

Significant numbers of deaths in riots are from people stealing from each other or settling beefs while the police are distracted.

Not quite in the same vein but Condemned 2's online multiplayer had a similar theme of Cops spawning with weapons and the other team (psychos in that case) spawning with random objects like a pipe or bricks, then they can search the map for more useful weapons like an axe and such.

So friendly fire for rioters goes unpunished.
Maybe friendly fire between police gets punished?

there is a indie game called riot civil unrest. I dont know how close it is to what you describe, but u should check it out.

Any penalties should be asymetrical. I mean, you go out in the riot punchng other rioters in the head, and the dude's friends may decide to kick your ass.

If another teammate shoots and kills another teammate, that player becomes a rioter for the remainder of the match and vice-versa, if a cop shooting and killing a rioter would be considered "friendly fire".

There could be a helicopter intro, or a police van intro. However, instead of an isometric view point, the intro is presented in 3rd person very briefly in a cinematic manner similar to the operator intros in Siege.
As soon as the intro ends, you are free to change the camera however you see fit.
Rioter intros could also occur, detailing the background/reason of why they're breaking and destroying shit. The game should have more depth and meaning, thus the cinematics.

>thinking people will give a shit about if it's 2d or 3d if the concept is the same
lel

Aggression systems would be easy. Just have randomly generated groups of people. Then fill it in with actual players

>If cs go was 2d it would still be as popular as it is today
Piss off hipster

>I just need an art person and a marketing person

Guess how I know you're not going to get anything done?

What language/s do you know btw. Don't say UnityScript.

>killdozer
>that is what passes for a killdozer these days
you people disgust me

Guess how I know you're a dumbass?
>You didn't even bother to finish reading the OP

So Brink but better? I'm cool with this.

that shit was by and far the greatest rampage by a single person in history.

Government don't have the budget or the pure dedication fueld by years or rage that the OG killdozer had.

Your idea of "I am a programmer" is "I have a grasp of C++" and nothing more.

Oh dear.

Programming is easy shit, graphics work is a full time job. Thats the real hard part. You could probably string this shit together with a spaghetti of unreal blueprints if you really wanted to.

Maybe random lone wolf mini bosses like this?

Pretty sure he's trolling desu senpai

I already have an example of what I can do on the play store.

yes. I would be super impressed if you could come up with an asymmetrical gametype with cops vs a single killdozer player and made it work. sounds challenging.

I aint defending you either

>the last resort would have been a Hellfire missile if he didn't fall into the basement

Neat, he made a tank in 1 year.

>Le critic has upper hand meme
Be a useful idiot and give us ideas please.

>mfw OP didn't post the original RIOT from 2012
baka
1/2

2/2
get yourself together, senpai

>supplies
TVs and Halloween costumes are not supplies, you communist nigger.

Seems like we covered all of that
Interesting post user

>lawful good rogue, vodka, killdozer and great wall.

Have key points in the city that both rioters and police will want to hold, like a gunstore. Rioters with shit gear will swarm the police causing them to progress slowly towards key locations whilst better equiped rioters loot for better items

Have classes, for instance a runner, he could run fast and perform basic parkour, can wield basic melee weapons and throw rocks at decent force, cant use guns for shit

ayy senpai
good luck m8
I don't have spare time like I used to back in 2012 but I'll try to follow the development of your game
best of luck

Give the police a threat system that allows stronger force against better equiped rioters, that's why the rioters with good gear scavenge and the shit rioters hold the police back

Sorry if you already answered this but is it gonna be a first person shooter or third person cover shooter or ?

It would be cool but i suppose rioters would need to have higer numbers than cops

Op said 1st

I am mildly interested in providing any consultancy help if this is a serious project.

Private military and security professional with counter insurgency and combat experience.

Wait till the first demo. Ill make a big deal

id be willing to playtest on my free time and give feedback

Rockstar made one.

It was shit.

there needs to be a kildozer boss

American news

Will it be open world? If not I'm not interested

Literally all MMOs have crowd control mechanics

Vehicles are obviously expensive.

But the idea of supers ala L4d's super infected might be worth exploring. either as classes, or random spawns or both.

Ideas:

Super rioters:

Zach De La Roche. Fires up nearby rioters.
Mike Brown. Chokeslam attack. Can tank multiple hits.
Carmen Sandiego: Super looting ability.
Crackhead: Super crack powers.
That angry korean dude who pulls his pants down in the middle of a riot.

Super cops.

Dirty Harry
Officer Woo: Kung fu superstar.
50 year old dude who is about to retire in 2 weeks: Gives no fucks, and will can fuck people up out of policy.
Super vigilantes?
The Dorner
Zimmerman
Bernard Goetz
The guardian angels

I've had an idea for a Riot-based game before and I'd like to try my hand at marketing. I'm too lazy to code myself but I can help foot the bill for art, plus I know some people.
[email protected]

I think it should have 3 styles of play.

Police, Rioter and bystander

Honestly OP Escape from Tarkov does something similar to what you describe.

Few players spawn as soldiers with designated gear, most others spawn as "looters" far from each other in a big map

>cops
>evacuate civilians

More like encircling them and not let anyone out for half a day regardless if you're a 10y/o child or a dehydrated old grandmother.

Fuck cops and especially riot cops.

Oh and rioters are civilians as well just because you "riot" doesn't mean you're a soldier of a foreign nation.

Give me $15 a month and I'll spam imageboards, enticing them to buy your game

lel did my racist suggestions get deleted, it was more a joke on the fact rioters tend to be certain minority groups, and that's perfect grounds for game play diversity.

Controversy via political correctness from people who don't play games, are the reason why the West RPG scene is kill. Morally bad choices aren't allowed, even in this day and age with average gamer is well above 20.

Refer to Rainbow Six Patriots, stay classy Cred Forums mods letting console war cancer shit live and obvious shilling.

Fuck off Tyrone

Nigga just because you played Insurgency don't make you an expert

Make cute girls playable or no buy

>Super cops
>No Judge Dredd or RoboCop

Wew, pull it together, lad.

I don't want to be punished for gunning down rioters that toss flaming bottles or try and outright attack me. They have it coming

I'd play the shit out of a competitive (that means mulitplayer) riot game that's either 3rd or 1st person.

>mobile games
Lost interest already.

I remember playing a game on PS2, where you would fight with the police and rioters in shopping malls and in the street, can't remember the name though

game got boring after 20 minutes

As far as I know melee weapons and combat are not a main focus of EfT, neither is it focused on large number of players.
Means Escape from Tarkov is as near to a riot sim as Counter Strike or some other FPS you idiot. I'm kinda hyped for it tho.