Why isn't your 3ds hacked yet dumbass?

Why isn't your 3ds hacked yet dumbass?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because 11.1 can't be hacked

i like to play online with my friends

How does a tech illiterate like me do it?

Why have you been shilling this for months?

You can play online with a hacked 3ds. Don't be silly now

>dumbass
That is no way to initiate a conversation.
You come back when you've learned some manners.

>Hacked 3ds days after exploit
>Used it for JACK SHIT except backing up some saves
>CONSTANT threads about "why haven't you hacked your 3ds yet? xDDD" for MONTHS

Literally all you fags care about is pirating, stop pretending there's any other reason you hack your shit. And I'm sure you totally "buy" those fan-patched games, too. Stop trying to justify your own shit practices by complaining about someone else's shit practices and shilling.

Just how tech illiterate? It's mostly moving files and running programs while following a guide. You've gotta keep track of all your shit though.

Has anyone been denying that hacking a 3ds is 90% about piracy?

I like to pay for my games. It makes me feel richer.

Because I don't have one.
Hell might as well get one if piracy its at this point
what version should I go with?

I can do that. Post a guide.
Also do I have to buy an SD card with bigger capacity than 2gb?

you can get someone with a hacked 3ds to help you with that, or do some soldering

since when? i always thought that you couldnt play online

Yes. 32gb or 64gb would be best if you want to be able to actually use it.

For other stuff, go to /hbg/ on /vg/

You might be able to set the hacks up on a 2GB one, but even if you can, you WILL want a bigger SD card if you plan on putting games on it.
32GB will let you put basically anything you want on it, 16GB will allow you to have a decent amount of games on it, but anything less will require you to manage what games you're actually playing well.

I have enough goddamn purchased games already. I'll be playing for years just to even given them all a try. Why in the world would I spend time to get access to even more games, especially when the program to do so and the game themselves will likely be buggy as fuck at this point?

Because, as you said, I'm a dumbass that updated my 3DS YET AGAIN and now I'm stuck.

Oh well... I deserved that.

I really need to stop being lazy and upgrade RxTools to whatever the latest CFW firmware is.

I didn't buy a 3DS because i'm not retarded. I fell for the DS meme and then they released 8 different revisions. When the next handheld is out, THEN i'll buy a 3DS.

also the 3DS supposedly still can't handle emulating shit above GBA, which is ridiculous. My phone can emulate up to DS and PSP.

Honestly, I'm just way too busy right now. If I get some free time I'd love to do it. But for now, I like being able to just flip it open and play some Phoenix Wright if I get the chance...

The new 3ds is the last 3ds model.

since forever?

i think you need private header for gateshit

I got my shit set up, and yeah the only reason I did it was for free games. Big whoop.

So was the ds lite. not buying it until the next handheld is out.

I have a old gateway card and have to load the website exploit everything i wanna boot it up,

I want to get updated where do i start pls halp

Ask the retards bitching about Treehouse. Not like Nintendo games are worth playing nowadays, you should only be buying a 3DS for MonHun, Project Mirai DX or Sheen Megoomi Tensay.

Can 3DS games be pirated yet with a hacked 3DS?

I also heard something about sending 3DS footage to the PC using a hacked 3DS. Whats the deal with that?

There was 3DS game piracy before there was proper hacking.

It's probably bullshit.

Switch out Project Mirai with Theatrhythm. It makes the pasta look a bit more believable.

Should I buy a NDS for pirating or a 3ds/2ds?

I hear the 3ds games are still unhackeable.

because I'm not a thief

There are no good games coming out in the future.

Collectorfag/adult with a job. I understand though, piratebros. I was the same way when I was younger and couldn't buy shit.

Piracy isn't theft

>Can 3DS games be pirated yet with a hacked 3DS?
FreeShop for eShop stuff, and just install CIA files for everything else.
>I also heard something about sending 3DS footage to the PC using a hacked 3DS. Whats the deal with that?
It's part of the NTR custom firmware. It allows you to stream your 3DS's video to your computer over the network. Works pretty good according to some people, I haven't tried it.

But I did.

To spite you

Because I'm lazy and really don't need to add games to my backlog.

>Get something that costs money for free
Yes it fucking is

I have a job so I can buy games, meaning I don't have to ask where the pirates are every day.

>quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

you looking for this clip?

Because I don't own one

Mobile is fucking traditional game devs in the ass right now. More and more pressure is being put on them to make crappy pay2win shit, and good series are dying on us left and right (Breath of Fire 5 is a F2P iOS clickety clicker). In the face of all that, the margins are razor thin, and getting thinner by the day.

When you pay for a game, you're voting with your wallet. You're voting to keep the lights on in that studio for another night, and for those guys to keep their jobs. If you care about games enough to talk about them for hours on Cred Forums, at least support the games that make you happy.

because i got fucked on buying a new 3ds with 10.7 and i gotta shell out more money on a non browser exploit. :(

It is.

If I hack my 3ds can I get old ds games for free?

>I hear the 3ds games are still unhackeable.
have you been living under a rock for a few years? you can pirate directly from nintendo's servers

get a 3ds + ds flash card and booting ds games from 3ds' sd card will be coming out soon tm

But I do buy games, I just pirate way more.

I would like to know this as well.

i'm not going to tell you just because you called me a dumbass

Yes but you need a flashcart for that.
Just emulate them on PC for the time being.

I have a psp, a smartphone, and a computer.

There's no reason for me to. Especially since I have to take off the goddamn backplate to load games onto an sd card.

Not worth it

Piracy is in blatant violation of copyright law, but it isn't stealing, as that would mean physically taking something away from someone else.

Like, you could swipe a physical copy of a game from a store, and that would be considered theft, as that business is now -1 game, but downloading a copy of a game through non-legitimate means is not theft, since nothing was taken from anyone.

Pretty damn illegal, but it isn't the same thing as stealing.

booting ds games from the sd card is being worked on and it will out soon™. flashcart will work in the meantime

too much work and I already got most of the games I want

It still takes at least 1 hour with a9lh and has multiple steps.

It jumped from like 9 to 1 so ill wait till its 1 to 15 and only have to download 1 thing

there's a new way to downgrade, but i still have my custom firmware downgraded via the older methods. is there any reason to do it again?

>90% piracy
You seem to be in 10% denial.

Thinking of getting that galaxy new3ds xl.

Can I hack that shit or is the firmware too new?

Too lazy, more waiting for vita hacking so I can turn it into an emulation machine.

I have my o3ds hacked via rx tools and emunand

Should I just keep doing what im doing or are the new methods worth looking into?

>emulation
Why do you uninspired fucks ALWAYS cop out to this shit?

Same here.
No reason to change anything because everything works.

Charge you're 3DS

What are some good action RPG games for the 3DS?

please explain further

I am my dude

Can I still use my Blue Gateway card to emulate DS games if I switch to luma or whatever it is that pepole are hacking on now?

But, I already hacked my 2DS, though
also inb4 2DS haters/bashers and shitters etc
Don't care, fuck off fags

what happens to stuff installed on my 3ds already like downloaded games?

Nothing happens to them.
If you want to format before you downgrade, you can just back up your save files and put them back later.

google it bitch

go to /vg/ and search a thread called homebrew general, they'll be able to help out better and there are somethings to read into that and how to do it.

I feel like I don't need to tbhq, I have no problem spending money but I also have no probwith hacked bros cause it has neat things like region free.

>An old unsupported EmuNAND has been detected. Luma3DS is unable to boot it

Help.

The ds lite is better than the dsi anyway.

You're getting for free what someone worked very hard to make, and what others are paying for. You can dress it up in the most flowery and flattering language all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it's fucking stealing.

You take what others pay for, and what someone poured years of their life into making.

Because I don't own one and I'm not a big fat manchild who watches animu so I probably never will.

The implications are real.

It is. It's just playing that anti-ergonomic piece of shit destroys my hands, so I don't have the will to use it.

Since you can install .cia game you don't need private header so you can play online.

just updated a homebrew 11.0 3ds to 11.1 because homebrew is fucking useless at the moment
nothing except for a bunch of shitty emulators that barely work and nonexistant romhacks
not trading the use of the browser and other apps for useless hacks

Nigga, look up what "theft" is.

Piracy does not fit under the definition and is a whole different can of legal worms.

I'm not even trying to justify piracy, (though I do it anyways, lmao) because it is still very illegal, but it simply is not stealing by definition.

because im not a broke NEET who plays underage weeb games

Heads up that rxtools might stop working following a fw update in the future because of the way it handles NFIRM.

i dont want to hack my 3ds. I don;t feel the need too. Besides, I got a backlog to get through on my PSP.

I'm too scared I'll brick my DS or won't be able to play online.

It is you fucker. Stop asking me.

You can only brick your system if you are a complete retard.

Are you retarded? I downgraded my n3ds from 10.7 and hacked it just fine. Go read a guide.

Because I don't touch my 3ds anymore, Vita is just a better console

Because some people have morals you god damn thug.

I really wish I could cut your hands off for stealing vidya.

Piracy still isn't theft.

>tfw a9lh masterrace
>gba, gbc, gb, snes, nes and of course 3ds games readily at my fingertips
>dstt for ds games

what a beautiful feeling

Honestly it's more about hacking the system just to do it and play with all the options available. For me anyway. I still buy games because I like having a collection as well

>Taking a product and not paying for it
>Theft
Pick two.

I accidentally updated today

F

Whats the point in pirating? Just curious

Im not poor so I can afford the limited range of games there are that are worth getting on a 3ds

to be fair only dumbarses can't follow simple tutorials to hack it.

There's also gba games and gb without having a gba/gb. And Pokemon romhacks. but like any hacked system, free shit's the main appeal yeah.

Currently on a CFW, been on it for a while, the system sayz it wants to update. Do I update or avoid updating? I have no knowledge of how to maintain a hacked 3ds properly

because its easy and theres no risk here? piracy isnt the ONLY thing you can benefit from with a hacked 3ds you know? you can apply patches to games you already own so you can play those shitty weeb games uncensored and whatnot. since the 3ds is region locked you could hack it to remove the region lock and then buy out of region games to play on it.

sometimes it isnt a matter of just being poor for this kind of shit man.

Someone let a nigga know if you can hack the galaxy 3ds.

Bout to drop 200 for this shit

its safe to update but you dont have to if you choose not to.

>you should only be buying a 3DS for MonHun
Fuck off

Rude!

It is

Piracy on its own is just copyright infringement.
Focus on shit like FreeShop if you want to argue that it's theft.

It's luma and updating to it is as simple as replacing the folders, unless you want to go all the way to a9lh

So the only benefits are
>uncensored weebshit
>regionlocked games

Im not a disgusting otaku, so this doesn't really impact me

I appreciate the effort that goes into this sort of stuff though.

If you are paranoid you can make a backup of your emunand or a9lh-Nand first. As long as you don't update sysnand you are fine.

It has been for quite some time.
Wish I bought a 128GB SD card since my 64GB one is full now.

you can transfer though user. It's not particularly difficult

I might try it out if I find more games I want to add.
Dragon Quest VII was the game which filled the last bit of empty space.

Those are far from the only features. Even if you stay legit, there is little reason not to hack the 3ds

>backing up saves
>backing up your entire firmware in case your 3ds breaks
>romhacks (most of them pokemon stuff)
>emulation
>being able to use your old ds flashcart (this one is piracy related I guess)

only on on n3ds:
>streaming without capture card
>overclocking every game if you are

yeah it's not like you have to rush, just letting you know there're tutorials and that it's relatively simple. I did it pre a9 but I doubt there's a difference regarding whether you have it or not.

If you are on a9lh it's as easy as copying everything over (though it might take a while with a full card). On emunand you will have to flash the emunand onto the new card first

Already did. Got A9LH working and everything.

Wait seriously? I thought a9lh booted the emunand directly at startup?

a9lh doesn't need an emunand anymore. It's still possible to have emunand on a9lh, but that's a personal choice

your*

I have a 3DS and I hardly use it

I finished Pokemon OR and unlocked all the characters in SSB and I'm pretty bored with it

What does hacking the 3DS allow you to do? And how complicated is it? I have zero knowledge on computers beyond simple upkeep

I have a9lh so that is good to hear.

So then what does the step that moves emunand over do? Just scrub it out while keeping the stuff on the emunand?

neither am i and those arent the only things you can do with a hacked 3ds. this guy puts it nicely

Can I still play people online, wonder trade if I hack my 3ds

So, I am still using menuhax and want to move on to arm9loaderhax soon.

The thing is, I already have my SD card near maxed, and I know I am gonna be making a bunch of backups to keep the process safe. Will I have to purge my games to make space for the backup or am I misunderstanding something?

yes to both

As of now
>free games
>hacking tools for this games, particularly pokemon
>save backups
>can recover your system from a brick
Probably more but this are the ones that made me do it desu

No, you store your backups somewhere safe. Depending on your SD Card size, I recommend getting a bigger one. 32 GB is good if you plan on removing games once you beat them, 64 GB if you want to keep them all.

One of the steps copies the stuff that was on emunand to sysnand which is now protected by a9lh

Isn't that cheating?

Are the games legally free?

Depends on where you live, but if your country abides by copyright laws then probably not.

>waaahhh you're stealing games from muh favorite company

I know its not normies making these posts, since piracy of TV, film and music is ubiquitous amongst even the most normal of normalfriends, and there's no stigma there to the point where it's basically meme level. They don't take some moral stand against piracy.

You idiots are only on Cred Forums, and considering the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck why would I pay attention to what a bunch of very fat virgins have to say about my media consumption habits?

Not him but there have been issues with the DNS server that the guide listed for use in avoiding the browser nag when using browserhax. I followed the guide to the letter last week and ended up with the update nag, then a day later someone else posted online about the DNS being fucked

If you need to cheat in Pokemon you're a retard. It's more for saving time breeding Pokemon and giving them certain move tutor moves. Unless you want to spend hours holding the thumbstick down or something, that's your choice.

I already have a 32GB that I have been using, and I have been deleting stuff that I am done with.

What I mean is that I figure that when I make the back up, it is backing up the whole thing right?
Don't I make the backup on the 3DS itself, meaning that there has to be enough room for the backup on the SD card?

Not legally, but Nintendo's system can't tell the difference, to the point that people are downloading it straight from them and they can't do anything about it.

Oh, yes, you do.

It backs up your nand, that's around 2gb.

First make a backup of the normal content of the sd card, this will include the games. Then make the nand-backup whenever the guide asks for it and copy it to your pc. A later step will have you copy everything back over. Unless you did something really wrong you should keep everything

Finally switched to Luma from rxTools. What are the odds that I'm gonna have to jump through more hoops when that whole DS thing finishes?

Probably no hoops, but it depends on the solution they come up with. Might be some homebrew like bootntr that hooks into your firmware, might be a launcher. Could also be that luma will just patch it into the cfw.

We will know when it's done

Oh okay then.

So, just to repeat this back and feel more comfortable:

Straight up just copy my SD card to my computer. I don't need to make it an iso or anything do I? I think I remember doing that at some point.

After I get that set up, I make a backup of my emuNAND (With decrypt9, right?), which I need to make sure I have the space to make, which is evidently like 2 gb.

Then, I start at step 2 of the guide, since I already have decrypt9 and eventually it should sort itself out?

As long as you don't update it's all right though, isn't it? And you can still switch to Lumas or whatever.

I have been having issues getting emuNAND to work. It keeps booting into sysNAND. I have been following Plailect's guide and some things just aren't working as should. So now I'm still stuck on 9.2 or whatever can't be bothered looking.

I have a 64GB because why not

So long as you've got 9.2 sysnand you're alright.

>I don't need to make it an iso or anything do I? I think I remember doing that at some point.

Thats one of the possible ways to transfer an emunand to another sd-card, which you won't be doing this time.

>I make a backup of my emuNAND (With decrypt9, right?)

Yes.

>Then, I start at step 2 of the guide, since I already have decrypt9 and eventually it should sort itself out?

I myself used an older version of the guide, but from a quick glance at it, that should be correct.

Your sd card will have 2gb more after you are done with everything since the emunand will be transferred to sysnand

Alright then.

So the older version of the guide is still valid then?
Is there any reason for me to follow that one and not the new one?

Also, I am looking a decrypt9's emuNAND backup stuff right now, and there is both a NAND Backup option and a NAND Backup (min size) option.

Do I go with min size?

Thanks for helping me out, by the way.

any solid and maybe even underrated games on the 3ds? please no jrpg shit. as it is its just a monster hunter machine for me atm.

>So the older version of the guide is still valid then?
Yes
>Is there any reason for me to follow that one and not the new one?
Not really, the new guide is much faster.

I'd go with "EmuNAND Backup", that's what the new guide mentions at the step where you move it to sysnand

explain how this affects the nnid on the target system

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Because there is absolutely no benefit to hacking unless you're a poorfag who can't afford games.

>free shit
>not a benefit

It's always easy to spot the posts made by retail drones, because they're dumb enough not to realize that a lot of rich people got rich by not spending money they didn't need to spend.

See . There is absolutely no reason not to hack even if you are a buyfag

Is there a link to the old guide?

There was one in the new guide, but i guess they removed it by now

ignorant retard. heres your (You)

it is retard

Because I don't like having to worry about firmware shit or whether my 3DS will get bricked or not. With DS it was simple because flashcarts just worked.

I bought a 10.7 new 3ds and a 128gb micro sd card which I formatted to fat32. I'm willing to stay up all night to hack this bitch but I can't find the starting point in Phialect's guide for people with brand new unhacked 3ds.

Look at the right of the screen. You should see Part 1.

I don't have one
I'm thinking about getting a 2DS, is it good enough? I don't really care about the 3D gimmick.

if thats what you want then go for it. the hacking process is the same

It'll be fine unless you really want the N3DS enhancements. Some games run a bit better on New.

Currenly playing pokemon Rom hack on it, now give me a break with those fucking thread

what theme are you guys using?

A Xabungle one I made myself.

Idk I still use a gateway card

I did, been playing dq7 after all the hype, it's about 6/10 if I'm honest. Not sure why people get mad these threads though. They're basically 3ds threads with the added benefit of sharing people to the fact that you can easily hack a 3ds.

If you need to buy something to feel richer, then you'll never not be poor.

You should update, it's worse than cfw

is it as quick, simple, and easy as psp hacking? bricking issues?

How

Not as easy as PSP but it's easy enough. I hacked it using the old version of the guide. He has since streamlined the process so it should be easier. It took about 2 hours when I did it. It should only take 1 hour now.

Main issues:
>can get you banned if you use wrong headers
>uses up the cartridge slot
>has brickcode if you do things it doesn't want you to do

other things that might be an issue
not sure if supported on gateway since i never had one

>no overclocking
>probably less compatibility with current homebrew

I'm sure there are more things wrong with them

I just use it to play JP games though and I don't feel like digging through homebrew websites trying to figure out how to install a different type of firmware. It seems like every time I want to mod a system every guide is written by a 13 year old that doesn't really speak english well

You should at least give it a look, it's not that hard nowadays and will overall improve your experience

>quick
It literally took me 7 hours to get it completed. Some of that was because I had to use my old ass laptop which has a terribly slow HDD, but most of the waiting is based on the system and I don't know how you'd speed that up. This was months ago though, there could be a faster method now.

why is this exact same thread constantly being made?

anywhere i can download those mii plaza games that you had to pay for? kinda wanna try them out for the hell of it

NNID would become the one from the donor, but you can get around this by making a backup of the empty NNID code via something like Hourglass9(Could it do that?) before hacking it at all and then just injecting it once you're done with the transfer. Who knows how messy this looks on Nintendo's end though, it'll appear as if you moved the NNID to a different 3DS and then it just appears back on the original with all its shit.

>128gb
jesus christ

have a hacked 2ds, sits in the drawer
cos pc is better

I'll bookmark this and check it out sometime

because im on 11.0-33, dont have access to another (hacked) 3ds and dont want to hardmod

I just got done with the move. Went without a hitch.

Gonna chime in and say thanks, again.