Just got a Wii U and pic related, Cred Forums was right. This game is fun. I have a few questions though

Just got a Wii U and pic related, Cred Forums was right. This game is fun. I have a few questions though.
>Whats with the circles charging on the action bar?
>Whats the best division?
>Whats the best class?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKZ7FXFrVc0
youtube.com/watch?v=M5qWwPCSHWc
youtube.com/watch?v=VZl1TzPvP_g
youtu.be/Iz_Zo1N1Cyw?t=133
gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73984656
youtube.com/watch?v=RFwBUS7aWfg
youtube.com/watch?v=cDqmmLaSYyo
youtube.com/watch?v=c_N7WgxEoI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

let the circles fill up and you get bonuses to your attacks

whatever you think is coolest

whatever you think is funnest

Is it worth waiting for the bonuses? Also thanks for a legit answer user. You're a cool dude.

Abilities have three effects. The main effect happens whenever you use it. The secondary effect happens when you use it after letting the ability fill all the way when it's off cool down. Tertiary happens in overdrive mode

Depends on the skill. Everything has a "secondary cooldown" effect in the skill description. Look them over. Generally it's shit like double damage or increased duration of effects.

theres no best division. youre gonna be switching around as you play anyways. no point in just sticking with one

>Whats the best class?
just play whatever you think looks fun. some classes may be better than others but dont let that stop you from picking whatever class you want.

Why is soloing giant shit on foot by keeping a maximum overdrive gauge the entire time the most satisfying thing ever?

If you are a filthy piratefag like me you can't change divisions at all, bear that in mind.

Circles are a secondary cooldown and some are worth, some not. Depends on the skill and if you are using overdrive.

Most beginner friendly class is Duelist. Either way, once you master a class you can use it's exclusive weapons with any other class, so just try every class until you max them all. Skills are dependant of your weapon type, not class, so at the end of the game you can make your own builds by mixing and matching.

>Whats with the circles charging on the action bar?
Secondary, and later tertiary, cooldowns. Each skill has 3 levels of activation. Secondary cooldowns are usually one of 3 things
>+250% increase in damage
>Instant reuse
>Increase the power of the buffs
So a damaging skill will usually deal more damage. A buff skill usually has the cooldown reset, allowing you to use it twice (this will become handy later down the road), and a blue (buff) art will increase in power.

Curators (the collectors) or prospectors (the miners). Curators are objectively the best if you plan on playing for a long time. If you have downtime between play sessions, prospectors are the best.

>Whats the best class?
Classes don't exist end game. As soon as you master a class, you can use its weapons with others. Most people go down every route to unlock all the weapons, and then choose from there.

But if I had to rank them, I'd rank them based on their melee weapon.
1. Long Sword
2. Beam Saber
3. Shield
4. Dual Swords
5. Javelin
6. Knife

Do Crush:Gain TP augments have any benefit if you have the skill that trades the ability to destroy appendages for more damage?

It usually isnt worth waiting for the secondary unless youre in overdrive.
Other general tips:
Change classes when you master one and master them all for the most variety for weapons
Focus on mechanical skill over archaeological or biological. ignore the others until mechanical is as far as it can go until the mastery quest for level 5
You can play with other characters other than the Create a Character, but isnt worth it. Focus on Lin and Elma as they are story heavy.
Explore everything and dont rush for your skell. It isnt as fun to explore with it. You can fly in it in chapter 9 with the mission that appears when it starts. Do this when you want to finish exploring everything.

Oh, and my weapon ranking is based entirely on how usable they are. Long Sword and Beam Saber deal the most damage in most situations. Shield is THE best weapon for fighting end-game Tyrants, but bad otherwise, and Javelins and Knives do so little damage that they aren't worth using.

Depends. It's useful if you're fighting against Pharsis and Nardacyon, but useless against almost anything else.

You can't even make use of it against Telethia, since you don't have maneuverability thanks to having to stand in a very awkward position to even aggro it on the ground.

>isn't worth waiting
It very much is. +250% damage > 200% damage.

The only time you wouldn't want to is if you'd kill it quicker by just getting your entire rotation out at once, but you should be using a skell for that and spamming Gbuster and Phoenix.

im just about to pirate the console to play Paper Mario, its woth it?

for early game it isnt so much. as you get farther in the game, it definitely is. If he just started it wont be worth it for a little while

No, it's always worth it in the case of melee arts, since they are always +250% damage.

If an art would deal 100 damage, using it twice without secondary cooldown would deal 200 damage, versus waiting for it and dealing 250. Not to mention you can get a favorable soul voice from Elma for +100% melee damage and deal much more damage.

What are the best party members to complement a dual guns ether blossom dance build?

Very much so. If you're getting it for free, go for Xenoblade Chronicles X. The game isn't for everyone, but it's really well made, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes RPG games, and even some fans of action games. Certain classes basically turn combat into Devil May Cry.

First circle is cool down, green circle is secondary cool down which is different based on what art your using. Generally is a longer aura or buff, more damage, or immediate reuse.

Just look up what the secondary effects of classes are, but I play as curator because every collectible you pick up boosts your BLADE level by 5 points and I like trying to complete the collectopaedia.

Skells, obviously.

But if you're going after Lugalbanda, you either want to scout some Crosses, or roll with Nagi + L/Lin/HB + Elma. I wouldn't recommend HB, because he calls for ranged too often, but he's a good tank nonetheless.

I can solo Lugalbanda just fine already.

Then why wouldn't you just give them all Ares 90 + augments to get rid of Ether reflect/resistance?

Or, hell, just give them a Lailah Queen/Mastema with super weapons. If everyone pops a super weapon, you can take off 40% of Pharsis' health. God forbid any of you get a cockpit time.

not DMC. Fun to look at scenes and animations, but DMC is an entirely different thing

I only have one Ares 90 so far

Hardest bosses to take out? For me, I'd rank the top 5 as
>Draken the Drifting Cloud
>Telethia the End Bringer
>Lugalbanda
>Pharsis the Everqueen
>Gradivus the 100million health

Vortex javelin builds let you literally fly around the battlefield, especially if you're using Arcing Horn and Sky High.

That's because Vortex is bugged, and it can be interrupted by arts before it send you back down. As long as you're using an art, you are flying in the air. With Overdrive, you can use this to fly for as long as the enemy stays alive. You can hit the world height cap against Telethia, even.

interesting. have a youtube clip of this? This is the first im hearing of it

You're still just selecting arts with the dpad and pressing a. Have you ever played a DMC game?

not DMC tho, but do you have a link?

The green circles on the action bar are your secondary cooldowns, your attacks gain various effects when they're filled, usually it's a damage boost but it can be a aura level +1 or instant skill reuse, etc. Look at your arts menu to see what secondary cooldowns actually do.

There's also a tertiary cooldown that's only available once you unlock Overdrive mode.

Division and class don't really matter, because divisions buff aren't that big and mastering a class branch lets you use their weapons and arts with any other class branch, so just pick whatever has weapons you want to use and once you cap that branch you can just keep using those weapons in any other branches you want to max out.

You know what, You're right. I was thinking of the Tertiary cool downs mentioned. I havent played the game in like 8 months

youtube.com/watch?v=tKZ7FXFrVc0

Best I could find. It doesn't use Sky High, which is a Dual Guns exclusive skill, but that's the gist of it. With Sky High, you can gain some serious ground.

thanks

It's alright. I only started playing again recently because I wanted to take a more objective look at the game, now that I know what I'm doing.

Most secondary cooldowns aren't worth using, unless they're melee or aura arts. Guns don't deal enough damage, and using Blood Sacrifice twice is only going to make your asshole sore.

>tfw you only get 3 alien party members.
I thought for sure you would get more. Would've loved to have a Wrothian or Prone or Ma-non party member.

Maybe if the next game doesn't make all the characters stick to a class structure.

>vortex
>sky high

now I know what you meant with DMC

Who was everyone's favorite party members?

I liked Murderess quite a bit. Loved her lines with Lao

I like Mia because out of all the party members I've used she's the only one I've seen actually do something useful.

She uses knives, so she's automatically among the worst. I liked her personality, though. I took Mia and Murderess with me to most of my fights end game.

>tfw you're flying away with Telethia
>tfw you accidentally de-aggro it because you toppled it out of the sky and you're at height cap
Shit gets absolutely crazy. My only gripe is that it's not very useful because there really aren't that many good Javelins, and that most end game bosses are immune/resistant to electric attacks.

Still, thank the lord that Telethia is only mildly resistant to electric, so that you can get motivated.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5qWwPCSHWc
I liked this

Because Skell combat is absolute watered down shit compared to ground combat.

X had an absolutely amazing OST. Hell, Xenoblade Chronicles as a series has an amazing OST.

>tfw Oblivia day theme
>tfw Valak Mountain theme
>tfw While I think
>tfw Sylvalum Waters theme

PIZZA TIME

The Ma-non made me feel good for being a cook.

Cats > Prone > Ma-non > Luminoth > Fuzzy Jews > Zaruboggan

Knives are used for bonkers OP sleep solo builds. Javelins are the weapon type with the most inherent electrical damage, making them the obvious choice for that one skill that massively boosts electrical damage on shocked targets.

Every weapon is viable as a primary focus, just gotta use the right build for them.

For playing through and until you max your BLADE level, Curator is best since collectables increase your blade points.

What the heck you think Pharsis is easier than Lug? Any ol overdrive build crushes Lug no problem, don't even need good augments.

Knives are only good solo, and even then, some bosses are immune to sleep.

Shock is alright, but there are too many enemies with electric/shock resistance/immunity.

You can chunk Pharsis with skells. Superweapons are pure bullshit.

All the DLC characters not named Bozé were great. Phog's probably my favorite non-DLC character though

Yelv > Boze > HB > Alexa

Alexa is a qt, but she's obnoxious, and her affinity missions are pretty garbo.

Usually, it is worth waiting, at least on damage abilities. I don't know why they are saying otherwise. The bonuses get even better when you level up the arts.

I am a big fan of FMJ because you walk right up to them and wail on them with melee combos. I don't even use my guns except for a few buffing abilities.

Protip: once you master a class, you can switch to another one and still use the weapons of the classes you have mastered. This let's you mix and match weapons from other classes.

>HB below anyone

puu sh/rpgrA.jpg

Alexa is only good when paired with Lin and a skell.

How did you get Mia before endgame? I thought you couldn't get her until after the final boss?

I love her dialogue with Phog
>Maybe you're not such a waste of Oxygen after all
>Thanks! I think...

Post chapter 12 is end game.

>Zaruboggan
>the god tier companion race
>below muh honor cats and greedy merchant nopons

>Hey Alexa, when are you ever going to get a hobby other than skells?
>Shut up, all you talk about is your booze and your brother!

You only need to beat chapter 11 to gain access to the prerequisites for the mission that unlocks her as a party member.

Can you gain more affinity points with party members after you level them to 60 and clear all the normal missions? I am afraid I might have screwed myself out of some affinity missions.

if you beaten the story, you can do support missions that give you affinity faster. These were DLCs in Japan.

They were pretty lame, and there were no cuties among them.

For a second there, I thought that was genderbent HB and not Alexa.

Also, why Mia and Eleonora instead of Boze? Do people really not like him that much?

Yes, normal missions repeat on a loop so you can clear more of them for more affinity, and you also gain affinity from successfully answering to a character's soul voice, it isn't linked to level gains. After clearing chapter 12 you also unlock a BLADE mission that lets you farm affinity with whomever you take to the mission, accessible from the mission terminal inside the barracks.

Gotta go with Mia, just because of how much work she took to recruit.

Take them into battle and answer their soul voices.

That's the primary way of raising their affinity. You can also answer how they would like you to when talking to NPCs, and by completing quests.

Boze is the most unpopular party member among the fanbase. Despite how much Boze's first AM actually affects the later AMs greatly and he gets the most character development, he's still not very likable for some reason.

Oh thank goodness.

I bought the game a couple weeks ago, and I think I've pretty much got the hang of it. Having fun so far.

Only thing I don't get so far is that random beeping noise that happens when you start/during a battle. In my first battle I assumed it was just the noise the bugs were making, but I've noticed pretty much everything doing it and I feel like it's important.

Why not? I loved Bozé.

Might be because he's old and crotchety, and yells a lot.

Nagi is a badass, Boze, just yells a lot. Still, I'd put Boze above Alexa, HB, Phog, Frye, Doug, and Gwin.

Admittedly, I beat the story and I still don't know.

Also, why is Elma white?

What beeping? You mean your secondary cooldowns activating? If you let your skills get their secondary cooldown, they'll give off a beep to alert you to them being ready.

I think it's the sound it makes when you lock on to an enemy.

Is that the one where the Cross chick has enormous funbags?

>>Whats with the circles charging on the action bar?
Opinion invalidated. You say it's fun but you don't even understand one of the basic mechanics of the game.

I've tried noticing if anything happens on-screen or on the hud when it happens, but I'm not sure. Pretty sure it's not the cooldowns, and have no idea about lock-on. Closest I could guess was that it happens when an enemy is about to attack, but that was a little off by 2-3 seconds usually.

>Murderess
>Baking anything
>Putting anything she bakes in your mouth
YOU FOOL

maybe

Maybe it's when an enemy notices your presence?

Disgusting cow tits.

Anyone put it up on Sad Panda yet, or is it leaked on Twitter only?

Maybe. I'll run around Mira for a bit and see if I can pinpoint anything like that.

I'm pretty sure it's when you're in their autoattack range.

I wish NLA would get updated more after the Ma-non ship. Especially after Rock shows up. There's no reason for the game to end, be 100% completed, and yet NLA is still missing road that just end in a sheer drop into gel.

Finishing the roads and the 4th district could've been really cool. I mean, you get to affect the world, like the arches in Sylvalum, or the Water Plant at Biahno Lake, or the Wrothian hideout, why not NLA?

But why is Lin so good at card games when Elma has had 30 years to learn, and Lin is 13?

Which is even more baffling because the first Xenoblade actually HAD a city reconstruction side-quest. I really don't see why they let you put Miranium into arms manufacturers but zero resources toward city building.

Considering how packed the game was, I'm assuming they didn't have time/space for it. But still, it would've been awesome.

RUBBERNECKERS?!

Congrats. The wii u is fun as shit. Dosregiard the shitposters. Xbx is a blast. About 150hrs in now and still not done i stopped aftwr the 97th blood lobster. I have one story mission left. I heard the ending isnt so grand so im stopping where im at and keeping a good memory of what i played. Great story. I loved the charcters and world. Hopefully there is a good NX sequel.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X could've done with a bit more gender-specific lines. I know Lin says some pretty adorable stuff depending on the male voice, but other than that, there's nothing.

Specifically, romantic things. Considering how you have a gaggle of work-a-holic women who only interact with you and the other party members, you'd think at least one would lust for you. Hell, Frye and Yelv constantly hit on chicks, apparently, yet they say nothing to female Cross.

The ending is actually very good, but it ends on a huge cliff hanger. So many important details are revealed at the very end of the game. Plus, the final 3 story boss fights are the best in the game - Zu Pharg, Ares, and the final fights, which I won't spoil for you.

The only problem is that it just ends, and sets up for a sequel that won't be/isn't out.

Irina has the biggest gender specific dialogue changes but that's about it.

Keep going, the Blood Lobster finale is pretty good. The ending is just a huge cliffhanger, and there is still a bunch of post game mission that expand the lore.
I suggest to keep playing. I'm at 220+ hours, and I'm still not done.
Also best build is Shield/ Dual Gun

Does she? I don't really get a lot of reactions from her. Then again, I only used Shulk's voice for my current playthrough, and Rebel for my first.

>finally get XCX
>boot up game
>get into character creator
>say well its an anime game so why not make my character a brown girl with white hair since I always liked that
>very first person you meet is a brown girl with white hair
>welp
Ended up restarting and making a green skin girl to go for more of an original star trek vibe.

in one of her H2H, her dialgoue with Cross is different depending on your gender.

Guys help I'm stuck on the last mission, I think due to being underlevelled what do?

Just make yourself a hot ripped dude who gets all the pussy. That's how I play.

Plus, the male voices are just less campy, in my opinion.

SPOILERS REEEEEEEE

Where are these from? Cockpit time while playing as other party members?

>campy is a bad thing

youtube.com/watch?v=VZl1TzPvP_g

Last story mission?

Vita is weak to Gravity (+20% damage), Electric (+10% damage), and Beam (+5% damage), while it also has 40% resistance to Ether and 30% to physical and Thermal. Just switch into your skell, or switch classes.

If it's the final final boss, just kill it dead. It only has 450k health.

>humanity is helped by no less than 7 alien races throughout the game
>every single party member except 2 are human

Except 3*

4, if you count Tatsu being along with Lin.

People are already complaining about too many party members. Imagine if they added more party members for the alien races. Certain people would've lost their shit.

what did she say to lao? her side quest was pretty fun and you can see why shes such a bitch at times.

I wouldn't mind having as many party members as they wanted but there should have been common xp shared amongst everyone so you can freely swap them out whenever you feel like it

Lao asks her why Irina is pissed off, and Murderess mentions here 90/10 split with Irina on their last mission, and calls Irina selfish.

Damn. Ok. i need to grind/buy better mechs to finish the blood lobster/(98 forget the name)quest.l. I get bursts of gameplay in. Wont play for 4 or 5 months then play for 2 straight. Currently playing FFX as ive never played it before, but might find time to jump back in. Fuck this game will suck time. Thanks fellas.

youtu.be/Iz_Zo1N1Cyw?t=133

Elma for Smash 5.

i just started playing this too
some of the music is like offensively bad

has there been any effort to replace songs?

Just avoid being in NLA as much as possible until you get skell flight.

The game has a really good sound track, like top tier, but it overuses some songs, and the best songs are heavily underused. Especially the boss theme, Melancholia, and the character themes, especially Celica's and Lao's.

I hope it gets a secuel only to be able to have wrothian,manon and orphean as party members

There wern't too many party members, there were too few chances to use the party members.

Cross, Elma, Potato, every single fucking story mission and a very large number of affinity missions. With your fourth slot also usually being forced. Only when you are out dicking around do you get to choose your team.

H.B was pretty cool. i like how you can keep telling him to fuck off but he will still act like your "rival".

nagi was great. having your boss fallow you around and help you on the front lines is pretty hilarious. than the hole "dont fuck with this secretary bit".

mia for best girl.

You get use to it. Just embrace it.
UH
YEAH
UHH
UHHH
YEA
YEAHHHH

That's because only Elma, Lin, L, Doug, Gwin, Lao, and Irina are non-optional characters. Everyone else can be never gotten.

do you guys run the game with the cd or should i have gone digital? ive got cd and with the 4 loading packs it seems like the game is pushing the wiiu cd drive too hard.

cool. thanks.

CD is probably the best way to do it, unless you've got a lot of memory open. The game is fucking HUGE.

>not letting the Murderess and Alexa ride your fucking dick
What a fag.

I've heard the disc copies had a bad habit of deteriorating later on, not sure how true. I went digital and had a pretty great experience.

that side quest with the pizza guy wife committing suicide because these crazy pizza lovers.

yeah im thinking if i should get a external hd for it

No. The music situation is pretty fucking terrible and there's nothing you can really do about it. Some of the songs are good, but you hear them SUPER often or you only hear the first 15 seconds, over and over and over again, so they become annoying. They also decided to have lyrical music play over some of the cutscenes REALLY LOUDLY to the point where you can't actually hear what the fuck the characters are saying. Finally, there's no slider or anything for music volume so you're stuck with it.

Whoever was in charge of that shit should be locked up, honestly. There's no reason for there not to be options for music, voice, battle call-outs, etc.

Mia is best girl, but none of the girls are that bad. Irina, Alexa, and Hope are pretty mediocre, but Hope makes up for it with amazing affinity missions. Her 2nd affinity mission, the one with Ornella, is my favorite affinity mission in the game, followed by Murderess' final affinity mission, and Boze's final affinity mission.

HB and Yelv are redeemed by their affinity missions. Alexa is irredeemable.

I think the big issue isn't too many party members, its that almost all of them are barely even characters. Shit, this game makes Chrono Cross's accent filter look amazing with how little dialog the party gets. I honestly don't even remember most of their names and I beat the game only a few months ago.

Huh, never noticed Hope had mixed eyes.

KAAAAAAASSSSSSS!

dont be talking shit about sensei!

It's been a while since I touched the game but I think the Pathfinders were the ones that were always on top so you'd want to join them for the rewards.

Its nice having an external HD for the Wii U in general

This game had far more fucked up missions than the original.
>Hope's best friend blowing her brains out in front of Hope
>Murderess confronting the murderer of her parents
>The Water Plant horror movie
>Blood Lobster
>The Zu Pharg, Ares, and final story missions
>Yelv's missing partner
>Professor B.

I typically love jrpgs in general, everything from arcadia to wild arms to final fantasies.

This games story and characters were just so bad though, it was un tolerable for me and I had to drop the game due to how forced and meme spoken the the game is. The gameplay was so really bad, the weird mmo-like atb is just not my thing, I prefer true turn based

How will they continue the story?

I mean obviously finding out how everyone still alive etc but mostly where will we go? I doubt anyone wants to re explore the whole map for some shitty reason like oops our probes stopped working

Will we be allowed to leave the planet? Will the planet terraform?

How far do the professor B missions go? i think i did 2?...

You're exaggerating the fuck out of it. Chrono Cross spammed party members at you, and they have no dialogue aside from generic reactions to events going on. In Xenoblade Chronicles X, every party member has at least 3 affinity missions, which are huge 30 minute - hour long missions, on top of that they have banter lines with most other party members, they have their 5 heart to hearts, and they have their battle callouts.

More could have been done with them, but they're far more fleshed out than any character in Cross, other than Kid and Harle. Cross is a fucking travesty of a game. X is still fantastic.

>be the owner of what must be one of the most profitable enterprises in NLA
>don't hire anyone new to lessen the burden on your clearly overworked wife who's obviously cracking at the seams
>ITS ALL THE MANON'S FAULT

its like with persona 3. you get used to it.

There's the one where he opens up his business, and a further one where he gets kidnapped and put in a cave in Sylvalum.

Still, Professor B is pretty awesome.

Professor B's missions go on for quite a bit. Hell he gets more screentime then a solid half of your playable characters.

Is the explorable map supposed to be the entire planet or just their immediate surroundings? It'd be pretty easy to just say there's more continents and they had to move NLA/make a second city.

>chrono cross

There are several reoccurring characters throughout the entire Xeno series. The Colonel's been a meme since at least Saga, dunno about Gears though.

I'd rather they just drop it, and just make an entirely new story in a new universe with new characters. This shit was not as compelling as XC.

Either the manon find a way past the barrier or you discover more continents.
It amuses me that Yelv's stuff was optional DLC in Japan despite being by far the most important affinity missions for the player character.

>Hope's best friend blowing her brains out in front of Hope

It was actually her mother figure. After revealing that she had been using Hope and selling out her clients to Definians.
Icing on the cake was the Quest Clear! jingle playing right after the scene finished

The 5 continents are only a small portion of the map.

New Paris also landed on Mira. Either they'll pull a Mass Effect and carry over your progress from X, or they'll switch over to New Paris.

Or they'll never continue it.

But the story is irrelevant to most of the game, and aside from the main quest all the NPC dialogue and sidequests are actually pretty decently written.

>The gameplay was so really bad
It's literally a turn based system running in real time. The amount of factors you can take into account, from height to range to breaking limbs or comboing with your partners make the game more in-depth than what it feels like when you start playing it. The level of customization for the MC is also pretty in-depth.

It's a good game, though it sure feels inspired by Morrowind in a lot of things. I guess Takahashi's love for Bethesda goes beyond Oblivion and Skyrim, which is a good thing, I guess.

Nah, Ornella was more like a friend.

Plus, Ornella hitting Hope in her daddy issues has to be the best part. Hope is hopelessly boring on her own, but her affinity missions were top fucking notch.

The explorable map has arbitrary boundaries instead of looping, so it would be very easy to say there's more you haven't seen. They never specify that it's the whole planet, and you could take Elma's comments about lag to indicate they're only looking at part of it.

I didn't mean it as a compliment user.
Yeah but at least they HAD generic reactions. None of the party members say jack shit outside of their affinity missions or their single quip interaction with each other post-battle. Even fucking Elma and Lin.

>Story and characters
Were actually really good. The story is better enjoyed on a second playthrough. I ended up enjoying it far more when I knew what was going on.

>Gameplay
C'mon now. Turn-based is old and tired. I'm glad Xenoblade and Xenoblade X did something new. Turn-based isn't bad, but it really can't stand out much. Plus, it limits the fun builds you can do. You can't fly in turn-based fights.

>Either they'll pull a Mass Effect and carry over your progress from X
It'd be kind of cool to do this only to have your previous avatar turn evil and have a climatic boss fight against him with your customized SKELL and everything.

Are you really complaining that they say nothing in affinity missions that don't involve them? Come the fuck on.

im pretty sure every human has a job in NLA.i guess he could have hired xenos but why would you let xenon scum touch your food?

No, there are plenty of unemployed people. They could've hired anyone. Hell, the Residential district is full of people who do nothing.

Thanks to science, you are both the hero and the final boss at the same time.

The concept art shows that the continents the game takes place on are only a small fraction of the planet.

>Fire Emblem Awakening

That's true, but you can't take concept art as canon. It merely provides an interesting possibility.

yes, its not like plenty of other rpgs haven't managed to actually have character interaction and dialog based on who is in your party? They are basically lifeless husks outside of their own questlines.

that mission about the squad girl that was forced to see her friend get skinned alive and beaten to death

this game man. it gets from happy times to dark in a split second.

i like how the game acknowledged every characters death.

Even if there was 100% employment in NLA, they could've at least hired some Mediators as Temps. Also considering that Pizza is mankind's number one access point to Manon technology, they probably could have made successful entreaties to the NLA government to allocate some people to help them make pizza

Takahashi didn't make X the way he did because of TES. He actually wanted to branch out from his usual style of gamemaking with Xenoblade Chronicles, and then he got further inspiration for X from watching Gundam.

Which is why he got Sawano to do the music, because he loved Gundam Unicorn.

>Kaiji Tang is a noisy magic swordsman with blond hair and green eyes

And they're worse off for it. I'd prefer them remaining silent for 40 seconds when they don't need to speak to having them constantly interrupt with irrelevant lines.

The one with Boze, or the one with Nagi? The Ganglion are cruel motherfuckers.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEE

>hope asks what new things you want to see in NLA
>says you want more clubs
>she says she pitys me and she will pry for my soul and would like me to join her to get me clean.

i though it was cute as hell.

I linked it in the post. Put a period between puu and sh and you'll have it.

Neither, the one with Team Jaeger in Sylvalum.

I'm sure he wasn't exactly inspired by TES, but a lot of design decisions in X remind me a lot of Morrowind, especially the progression for the player character and his relation to the world. From irrelevant scrub with some promise that no one cares about that much taking the bus and walking around like everyone else to flying around the map (with a mech in X's case) and finally being acknowledged by name towards the endgame. Discovering and opening up the map little by little to actually give off a feeling of exploration. Shit like that, which even modern Bethsoft forgot about.

People were talking about you from the very beginning, because Elma decided to choose you to be her sidekick.

Hope gets so extremist it's hilarious.

Some heart to hearts were adorable. I love the one where you say you're an "Elma person", or stick your hand out to Lin and tell her to shake.

Hope gets indignant a lot, just like Murderess.

They were made for each other.

Yes, but they call you rookie and never refer to you by name. You're only paid attention to because you're in Elma's team, just like you're only paid attention to in Morrowind because you're supposed to be the chosen one.

You actually have to earn your shit regardless and nothing is handed out to you in a silver platter. And by the endgame everyone actually knows your name and calls you that instead.

It's all in the little details.

They call you rookie because you can have any random name. It's easier to just have everyone call you (You) and rookie.

>lin gets harassed by other girls that keep telling how cute she is
>she asks your for help
>you join the the girls and call her cute.

>Elma asks about pets
>Asks what kind of pet you like most
>Say you like Elma the most
>She says you have brain damage
:^)

I don't think you're getting it. Around chapter 9 or 10 some of the non-voiced characters that had been calling you rookie or that guy or whatever before actually begin referirng to you by name. It also shows up in random NPC chatter around NLA.

>Elma gave her mim huge assets
>When real Elma is flatter than Lin
Elma is cute! CUTE!

>Series of H2H where Phog gets completely lost in thought and many of his dialogs are only long series of ellipsies
>Tfw I'm not the only one that wonders what the shock gel tastes like
Phog is best girl.

>when he has the staring contest with the cat he doesn't blink

>The Water Plant horror movie
Jesus fucking Christ, that game got pretty depressing in some missions. It also makes me want to fucking extinct all the prones for being a bunch of stupid fucking assholes who skin qts alive in their free time. Not to mention the dismemberment they gave to another girl.

Phog would've been cuter as a girl. I'm just not a chick/gay, so I don't find him that attractive.

Yelv is best pard, though.

Is Team Jaeger the one that tried to scam some Nopon, or the mission where you had to guide the guy over the com device?

If it was just a random normal mission found in Sylvalum, I probably skipped it. I got both of the ones in Cauldros, and got Mia and the Caravan in Sylvalum, but I didn't find any other up there.

Neither, it's the mission you find on the field of the team that had to gather resources and eventually split up in two groups, one of which gets ambushed by Ganglions

Cavern Clan worst clan.

Though Slovity shows that it's mostly because of what the Ganglion want them to do.

>Irina complains about a guy that is a playboy that fucks girls left and right
>says he sound like your kind of guy
>she likes it when you say it but still calls you and all men scum.

tusdere much?

Irina was written pretty badly. If only her affinity missions weren't such jokes.

She's still a qt tsundere, though. I still prefer not to cuck Gwin.

:(

I agree on Irina but still, Gwin is literally worthless and deserves nothing.

Why do they keep popping up love hearts, she's an alien herself

Elma is a genocidal maniac. She's such a fucking humanophile.

Elma hates all ayy lmaos except for humans. She wants the Big Human Cock.

manon are scum and she knows it.

Gwin got cucked by murderdyke.
Also fun fact, in the French localization, Gwin's name was changed to Gwen because Gwin sounds too much like "gouine", slang word for a lesbian.

And lao wants all humans dead why is he siding on this god damnit

If you didnt' require some fuckers for stories i'd drop them, I feel bad for the manon

I-I actually liked the Manon. We both shared the mutual love of pizza. Is that so wrong?

>Elam liking it
Every time I see this I'm asking myself if the makers of the game were serious with that or just forced it so there always are some members who like and don't like the stuff you say no matter which decision you make and without thinking too much about it.

Alex "xenon grave digger" LA

Murderess isn't into anyone besides the Cross. She just likes fucking with the other girls. She's the Mean Girl that likes to one-up all the other chicks. Besides Elma, I can't recall her having one positive line with another girl.

>antagonizing a type 2+ civilization
Alex is not a very bright individual.

he likes being treated like shit.

So is there a reason Irina made up with Murderess after she literally got shot in the back by her, twice?

Also why aren't the mim bodies made to be more durable and stronger? Sure they aren't weak piles of flesh, but seeing them get thrown around like rag dolls by prone, not having their core parts survive if their Skell blows up or someone dying because they ingested a poison seems retarded.

They're all trapped on Mira. Even Professor B., who's technology far surpasses the Ma-non, can't escape.

He was being used by the Definians, too. The dude is a right retard.

>Oh hey, that's a weird looking flower, I wonder if I can land o- OH GOD! STOP GETTING STUN LOCKED! FU-!#!AS!#$!@

beacuse Irina is such a nice person.

didin`t these two knew each other way back? i thought they grow up on the same street when they were orphans.

They are, but their tech is above the humans and ganglion to the point that nothing besides surprise murder is a threat to them. It just doesn't seem like a productive use of time to go after them.

The flowers were fucking skell destroyers. I have no idea how they hit so much fucking harder than everything else.

Right now I'm thinking of replaying the game and got a few questions.

1. Is it still possible to get the medal for killing an event ultrafauna? Or is it impossible at this point?
2. Is there a good 100%/missable guide out there? Or at least a guide showing the differences between the choices you make? All the stuff you had to consider when giving an answer to somebody all the fricking time drove me crazy at some point. There are way to many quest where you have to fear consequences even though they are not game breaking. Or quest like the Nopon one where you have to make a baby doll so that female Nopon can keep her lover and keep betraying her husband instead of telling him she is actually married.

Irina's younger brother was friends with Gwin. Gwin is now her substitute for her little brother.

She's into incest

Skell insurance was the dumbest fucking idea in the whole game

Stop crashing your skell, bumblefuck.

He was an idiot being controlled by the Definians. Dude wasn't very smart to begin with.

I got a better question, how the fuck do you plan accordingly to get the achievement for actually killing a global nemesis?

The RP only updates in game at random times so you can't just refresh it until it's close to zero and jump into the mission.

So is there a good way to time when to try and start the mission to have to deal with the least amount of RP?

And my build can only wipe out about 100 RP. How can I get good at being a killing machine without grinding the every living fuck out of max stat aug weapons?

getting one shot by some off screen enemy because your skell is so huge you cant not aggro everything is not my fault

>wreaking your skell until your insurance runs out

how? i never ran out of my insurance.

If you hear Unctrollable, get the fuck out of your skell if it's going to OHKO you.

The Fun Police are pretty easy to see coming, too.

I've heard there's a good wii menue pause trick to get the achievement after other people did all the work. All you have to do is being in the mission on time when it goes down to zero.

watch were your flying. you not blind.

Thank's Uncle Chen, you English is very good.

I was in the mission once when the Nemesis was defeated, but didn't get the achievement. Or is a glitch that you do?

>He can't hit that slow as fuck promp button

I've heard that's a common problem but I don't know why because I never got to that point.

gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73984656

Try this. I guess that also answers my first question anyway.

I'm going to BKub at you.

>Certain classes basically turn combat into Devil May Cry.

I love this game user, but it's a lie and you know it

KILL THE PIGS
BLUE WIRE
ALWAYS SHOWER
DISARM THE BOMB
FIND THE BRACELET

i know i'm forgetting some

someone help me i dont want op to make the same mistakes

>you never got your character drawn into the /xbcg/ collage

>Shower
That's how to get the bad end, you dolt.

oh fuck thats right

i've made a terrible mistake

You forgot the directions to not get that guy in Cauldros killed.

oh right

GO SOUTH

Oh, and you forgot the Auravis (or was it Jacul) weakness, Thermal.

Learn to Vortex.

i remember there was a mission where slovity's men got mind controled and i accidentally killed them all

did anyone save them?

>Send them south, not west.
>Give the healing water to that guy instead of keeping it.
>Warn the guy not to eat the tree... well yeah.
>Verify that revenge is right to actually tell him that revenge is wrong in the end.

I think that's it.

As much as I like that XCX has enemies appearing out of nowhere or when you least expect it, sometimes it can get annoying.

Oh shit, does giving him the water actually help? I might have screwed up, twice.

The best class is drifter because it's the only one who can equip 5 skills.
Only use it once you've mastered all other classes though.

You find another sample later so you can save him.

Focusing and Lin and Elma is stupid, they get the most heart points.
You should max everybody so that you get their special arts.

Also focus completely on Lao as soon as possible until he is maxed and you have all his quests.

Funny thing is that Lao actually has increased affinity gain, so you can max him quiet easily.

Though it isn't really worth it. You don't even get map completion from it.

>want to take on headless emperor
>dont want to compromise my style for memewalker
>he's resistent to sleep and topple

fuck this game

Yes you can save them all. Nice job getting the bad end.

He isn't required for Map Completion. Just build some thermal res augments and you'll be fine, just like with the other Millesaurs.

You forgot that the birds are weak to fire and do lunge attacks

If you're doing a ghost walker build, is drifter the best? Also what's a good combination of augments? I can't seem to pull off the damage I see on Jew tube.

Melee Attack Up XX for all slots not dedicated to Overdrive extension, reflect negation, or elemental resistance.

What about potential up?

You can run a ghostwalker build with any class selected. Drifter is more for stacking on additional skills to boost damage or manipulate combat mechanics.

Potential Up is fine if it's in the base weapon, but you get more damage out of your TP arts from spamming Attack Up XX arts.

Drifter is always the best.

>GOD TIER
Mia
>Top tier
Murderess
Celica
Lin (without Tatsu)
Elma
>Mid tier
Hope
Irina
Alexa
>Shit tier
Lin (with Tatsu)

And for boys
>GOD TIER
Nagi
>Top Tier
HB
Lao
Yelv
L
>Mid tier
Phog
Frye
Boze
>Meh tier
Doug
Gwin

>not putting hb in superior tier

Is this a ranking of co-workers or husbandos? It seems like the former.

There's a huge power gap between Nagi and the rest.

I'm not a chick, so I'm not into men. I only judge them based on how bro-tier they are.

There should've been a Wrothian as a party member. Specifically Ga Buidhe, or the guy you have to "train".

Always have Kepha Holly on hand

Kepha Holly is bullshit to find. I didn't realize how much until my second playthrough, when I had to grind for it because I knew what was coming up.

Another fucboi buttplundered by the xe-doms

if you talk to one of the other brothers first they give you some i think

The Fun Police claimed too many victims. This cannot stand.

It's not necessarily the best, but having 5 skill slots is more versatile.

For augments you'll want to get TP Up XX, Art TP Gain XX and then Potential Up XX, in that order.
Post-game, you can potentially switch to other combinations once you're lucky enough to find good rare gear, but it's not really worth it unless you want to compete in leaderboards.

Mia has the best interaction lines, other than Nagi. Why is she so qt?

You only need the TP up arts if you plan on not using Beam Saber or Long Sword. Long Sword doesn't need it, since it has free tension points on its skills.

>put off the game for months
>try to get back into it
>immediately lost

should I just start over? I do remember that I'm saved in front of when the alien-racist guy takes some innocent manons to just kill for whatever reason and He was actually way too strong to kill

TP Up XX is easy to craft and is useful until you get Art TP Gain XX.
Yes, you can do the infinite overdrive without it, it just helps at first.

You probably leveled up and skilled horribly the first time you played. You're not that far in, though. It took me about 40 hours to get to that point on my second run, and that's still with me doing a completionist run.

>random side-quest enemy too strong to kill
git gud

You only need TP Up XX if you're running a shitty Javelin/Knife build. Every other weapon has a great way of building up TP, like Shield and that Dual Swords skill that reduces AA cooldown, or True Stream Edge, or Starfall Blossom.

That's potentially a fairly dangerous fight if you aren't prepared for it. Keep your robot handy and nuke his helpers.
But I recommend starting over as a cute boy.

>Cute boy
>Not a manly, rugged 20-something that makes the women wet as fuck

Come on user, you can't say you went to Definian Downfall, fully knowing what was going to happen.

I guess it depends on your definition of rugged and manly. The line between beefy twink and combat businessman is pretty thin in this game.

I make them lithe, with no facial hair, and nice looking hair. My first one was a Happa, and by second one was a huge 6'10" Norwegian dude that walks around shirtless.

ALEXA

>Liking the chick that is used goods and lost her virginity to a skell-repurposed-sex-robot.

It is the best current gen game with mechas while being pretty mediocore on its own.

Probably not co-workers because Doug seems like the kind of guy you WANT to have on your team. A no-nonssence seasoned vet that has seen it all and knows what to do to get the job done.

They're mims bro, just get a new vagina when the old one loses its tread

Do you think they just have random vaginas laying around in the Mimeosome Maintenance Center? Arms and legs I can understand, but I doubt they have a lot of cunts.

are they even capable of mating?
mims can't reproduce, so I don't know if used goods is even a possibility.

They have functioning junks. Ada (Hope's friend) even talks about it.

They lack the ability to reproduce, but they can fuck.

Why wouldn't they? They were made to travel through space for decades without driving the pilot insane. They can eat and sleep and feel pain and pleasure, why not fuck?

you forgot about the one where that one girl gets ripped apart and feels everything instead of just dying because of her mim.

IIRC some retarded NPC once asked if it was possible for mims to have babies, so I figure that meant she had a vagina, unless she doesn't know where babies come from.

Also the main purpose of the mims is to be as close to the human body as possible so you forget your current predicament, a thing that's kinda hard to achieve if you can't reach down and grab your dick anymore and have to manually change your piss bags every time you drink something.

Because Mims are only supposed to be a temporary solution. The Lifehold Core had only a couple of months worth of backup battery on it. 2 months in and it was already at 60%.

Plus, if mims were still in use, that would mean it was still too dangerous to have children, so the feature wasn't included.

No, they are not. They can have sex, but no pregnancy.

I'm not talking about having children, I'm talking about fucking.

The mim battery only lasted that long because the Whale got fucking shrecked. They were originally designed to last for several lifetimes because they didn't know how long they'd be wandering through space looking for a new home planet.

I think they should at least make the bodies a bit more durable. Like not being able to be skinned alive and having enough strength to fight off a prone.

Or at least not dying because you ate some poisoned pizza

Also anyone hate how the Napon were portrayed in X? In that they were basically Cred Forums's description of Jews?

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the Napon in X either. They clearly want things the easy way with giving as little as possible, and don't get me started on the worst Nopon of all Tatsu

>don't get me started on the worst Nopon of all Tatsu

What, you don't like Potatsu?

And most of the mims were in stasis. Only a couple, like Elma's, Nagi's, and Vandham's, were active. In the beginning of the game, Chausson talks about the recovery of new mims.

It's likely the ones that were active during the transport weren't going to be fucking, since they had so much to do. According to some NPCs, they can't reproduce. Ada would've known about the inability to conceive if she had already had sex with her boyfriend.

>You can chunk Pharsis with skells.
Fuck you

>Tatsu
>Worst

Did you completely block that nigger in Cauldros from your memory or what? That whole caravan was full of the worst fucking shits. The leader was shit, the cheating bitch who tries to fake a pregnancy was shit, the one that has you collecting garbage from all over the zone so they could sell it to the Ganglion was shit.

Tatsu was annoying but I can't honestly say he made me feel anger at any point. Every time I got sent out to the cauldros caravan I knew I was going to just get pissed off.

I'm hoping the sequel has some conflict between the real and artificial humans. Elma confirmed that some ships took real human bodies, so we could see some prejudice against the artificial humans from the real ones.

As if Nopon weren't already Jewish as fuck in the original. The only gangster in the entire game is Bana, who is running a crime syndicate. Plus, all the traders are Nopon, and Riki is going on his adventure purely because of extortion.

is this literally the only game envied by non-Nintendo retards? I don't want to be presumptuous, but it certainly always has looked really fun to me. I don't know any memes surrounding this so wouldn't know if it's infamous somehow.

Nopons were always happy merchants. The Nopons in X were no different from those in the first game, it's just that Tatsu himself was an unlovable, unfunny, useless twat, the complete opposite of Riki who could actually pull his weight in battle and had a couple great scenes and good chemistry with the team instead of LOL FOOD LMAO

>is this literally the only game envied by non-Nintendo retards?
Nah.

The reason Tatsu sticks to me more as the worst, is because He is present all throughout the story. And no matter what, he is being insufferable, trying to take credit, or worst of all, a complete moron particularly in that chapter where you go to get that lost skell or whatever it is.

Monolith Soft is cute...CUTE!

He acts more like a real 13-year-old than Lin. Which is bad because children are annoying.

Yeah, the best Cauldros Nopon was the one that was fed up with the whole caravan and leaves to party with Prones if you invite her to NLA instead of the chief.

Here's a tip, get rid of arts that use TP for you and your party, and equip arts and skills that boost TP. That way you can chain Overdrives indefinitely and the game gets fun.

At least until you unlock Skells, at which point that's when the game dies.

Tatsu has some really good zingers about others being useless fuck ups. He's just annoying when paired with Lin. Ditto Lin. Lin is amazing when she's doing her own thing, but with Tatsu, it turns into LEL TATSU IS FOOD XD.

Are you pretending to be retarded or what? Bayo 1 is multiplat, Bayo 2 is a Wii U exclusive.

No, they were a lot more overt with contracts and trying to outright scam people in X than in the original.

I think the bigger problem is How their mims are still active when the mainframes were trashed and does that mean the mims who got destroyed are lost forever. Or are they going to create a work around to hook up people's mims to the DNA machine and just shit out whatever body they get and implant it with their memories?

Actually, I could see that being the twist for XX

Skells made the game fun, though. I loved flight. It opened up so many new areas, and made Cauldros traversable without getting fucking destroyed by levels 60's that can OHKO it.

A real life 13 year old is far more tolerable than Tatsu

This.
on their own they are both good characters but together they are shit.

Or the opposite, where artificial humans get God complexes from the fact that they can basically clone themselves forever and start shitting on the "old, imperfect" model of humanity.

Nobody's data was lost. Only Yelv and MC have their personalities stored locally because only they have local storage. Everyone else is stuck on the planet's server, and they don't know where the interface is.

And is this just speculation or was it said somewhere?

>tfw a nopon wants you to go fight the endbringer so you can cure his stomach gas from his lunch.

fucking hold me back.

Gameplay wise though Skells are fucking boring, sure you deal a shitton of damage but the arts take too long to recharge and Skell overdrive sucks in comparison and takes too long to build up.

It's pretty clear that only those two characters have real memory capacity. When Lao steals data, he has to put it in a space flash drive that he hides on his body instead of just downloading it into himself.

This is how I know you didn't use Lailah. The Overdrive for Lailah gives extra points to eh cockpit time chance, meaning instant cooldown on all arts.

>
>This game is fun

Hmm yes, I thought that at first too.
Oh how wrong I was.

Yelv is an artificial J-Body. Cross is unknown, likely not a J-Body though. It's probably going to be something like the embodiment of the White Whale or something.

>likely not
No. Saying he's some mystic handwave is a lot harder to claim is "likely" than something which has multiple hints pointing to it.

Reminder that Chausson did nothing wrong and still got treated like he's literally worse than Hitler.

Meanwhile Lao dindu nuffin.

My guess is Alvis took all the soul data from the White Whale when it entered Miran space so humans wouldn't have direct access to an infinite revival/soul transplant factory. Elma thought she was doing humanity a favour by giving them that technology but Alvis saw what Zanza did with immortality and promised Shulk a world without Gods. The cloning tech coupled with the soul data would effectively turn anyone who uses it into a man-made god. That's why he decided to keep the data running, but away from human influence, so they would still keep a fear of death, and thus their humanity.

I was actually impressed they made him a an actual good guy. I was fully expecting him to become the generic corporate bad guy.

I'm guessing you took an arrow in the knee?

>Lailah
Ah I mostly stuck to Amdusias.

Monolith are really good at that kind of thing. See: Melia's brother

BLADE members are literally the Monado or Blade to the Lifehold Cores Zanza.
Avatar is an empty shell and vessel for said god like Shulk was for Zanza.
Humans are offsprings of the Lifehold Core like Homs where offsprings of Zanza.

It all fits, and I can dig it.

>Nintendo is still trying to turn me into a furry.

>Girls in masks that cover their mouth and nose
My only weakness!

Did it work?

XCX was a great game, far from perfect but goddamn did I love my time with it. From the massive world to I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I CAN'T SEE YOU!

I'll leave with my favorite theme from the game (or at least, the first one to come to mind). youtube.com/watch?v=RFwBUS7aWfg

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I did, OP.

No because of one or two songs that trigger my autism.
WHY IS THIS GAME NOT XC2?

>the crazy cult shit at the church with that manon killing herself
Absolutely saddening.

Played this one immediately after, fucked me up so bad I had to stop playing for a while.

I just got access to skells and I assume I'll need one for each of my team. Which are better big, medium or small? How many weapons do I need to buy for them? What are the best weapons to get?

Big has lots of fuel and defense and moves slow, which doesn't really matter that much

Small has retarded amounts of evasion, but low fuel and defense, and moves fast

Medium is in between the two. Just go with whatever you like best. Each model has a unique overdrive that does different shit, like increasing ranged damage, or making melee attacks absorb fuel or some shit. Look those up if you really want to min/max it.

>dem drift mechanics in vehicle mode
I'M JUST RUNNING IN THE 90S

This game's soundtrack is all over the fucking place.

On one hand you have killer tracks like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=cDqmmLaSYyo

And then you have shit like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=c_N7WgxEoI8

Fucking Elma man

106 hours in and just got to story chapter 12. Take your time with this game. I usually go straight for the main story in most games, but exploring and affinity missions are so great that this game is almost begging to be played slowly.
Also, I never had one instance where I had to catch up with side stuff before doing a story mission, since I had already met all the prerequisites.

That being said, I'm a fool and have some questions. I only just now am buying equipment for my party members and using augments for the first time, and damn do they make a world of difference. Though, I still don't really know what thermal damage is/does, if someone could explain that to me.
Also, I'm still not totally sure what triggers the B-press prompts in battle. It seemed easier to pinpoint in Chronicles.

I like Boze.
That being said, he's the only one I've used practically at all. What's a good way to grind up my other party members that are still at ~10-20 while I'm at 46?

There's scaling xp, so simply using them for a little while will get them quite a few levels even if you fight things weaker than you.

>Every time I see this I'm asking myself if the makers of the game were serious with that or just forced it
The choices hardly mattered in XBX. Sure you could save / get killed some unimportant NPCs but whatever you did it never really affected the plot in any significant way.
Guess that's the downside if you want the game to be 100% clearable any time you start giving a fuck.

>Also why aren't the mim bodies made to be more durable and stronger?
Because the focus was on mimicking humans, not being T-9001.

I miss those threads.

>Tfw I saved on the second form of the Vita boss fight.
>My skells were wiped out and I have no way to survive the DPS race in the last phase of the fight.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?

overdrive

I forgot how good the animations in this game are