Metroid Thread

So, which Metroid is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1fRXKTb2A
youtube.com/watch?v=a4wR3d9gwI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prime imo.
But I understand the love for Super Metroid.

AM2R

Prime if you consider every factor, such as the bonus advantage of successfully bringing the franchise into 3D. It's kind of an unfair advantage because Super simply can't compete in that area but the fact remains, and it's a big bonus.

I'm playing a new SM rom hack, and I think I may be over my head. These are the biggest maps I've ever seen.

P R I M E

prime 1 or 2

prime 1 is best samus

Prime 1, automatically, for not being "Super Bombeverything".

Aria of Sorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1fRXKTb2A

Another Metroid Remake is pretty sweet.

But honestly I'm gonna have to go with Zero Mission for 2d Metroids.

Prime:Corruption or the Wii Trilogy. Wii controls are fucking amazing, surpasses gamecube by lightyears. I understand the love for Echoes, but its not my favorite.

Super = Prime 1 > Fusion = Prime 2 > Metroid = Prime 3 > Metroid 2 = Hunters = Pinball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other M> = Federation force.

Disagree and its not fair to compare 3d and 2d directly.

3D: Prime 1(Wii Trilogy), Prime 3, Prime 2(Wii Trilogy), Prime 1(GC), Prime 2(GC), Other M, Federation Force.

2D: Zero Mission, Fusion, Super, Another Metroid Remake, Metroid 2, Metroid

I don't know anything about hunters and pinball doesn't count.

There is nothing wrong with the gamecube controls.

I have to wonder what would have happened if the original Super Metroid had Hyper Metroid's map. Would it still be considered a masterpiece?

if you have taste, it's either Fusion or Zero Mission

Super is not the end all be all it is told of because boi, let me tell you about Meridia

>Would it still be considered a masterpiece?

No one considers Super Metroid a masterpiece

Wii controls are better, way better.

I originally played 1&2 on GC. But Wii Trilogy is superior.

I generally like the MP games, but I hate the GUI. Who thought it was a good idea to have 1/3 of the screen occupied by irrelevant, pointless bullshit?

I wish there were some sort of "minimalist" UI option. All I need are energy and expendable (missile, power bomb) counts and energy.

Most games would kill for Super Metroid's weaknesses. Plus the sequence breaks make it pretty damn interesting.

Zero Mission/Fusion are better, with Zero Mission ahead and much more of a traditional metroid game.

It's immersive, doofus.

You know you can change the gui in the options and change its transparency?

Personally it didn't bother me.

You are wrong. I've never had an issue with the gamecube controls.

I recently played through 5 Metroid games for the first time recently, I can't really rate them from my favorite to least favorite except for Fusion being at the tail end, I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I played Prime, Echoes, Super, Zero Mission, and Fusion in that order. Fusion felt the weakest out of the 5, it was still a lot of fun, but it felt a bit lackluster.

Literally all of that except for the lines on the edges and the word "energy" has a use

jump and strafe in any direction while turning and changing to look up or down.

You can move almost as well as mouse+keyboard in the Wii version, but instead you had immersive left and right hand motion controllers.

Gamecube controllers cannot compete with that. Gamecube needed aim assist, Wii does not. Play the Wii version without locking most enemies.

now play Zero Mission. It beats the pants off Super Metroid.

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=a4wR3d9gwI4

I personally think Prime 2 is the best next to Super. I thought the areas in Prime 1 were a bit generic and that it kept trying to be like previous metroid games while prime 2 did more of its own thing

I said I played zero mission. I liked both Super and Zero mission a lot, but I think I ended up liking Zero just a little bit more, something about the design and mechanics I liked a little more.

Sorry I can't read.

But Another Metroid 2 Remake is there if you need another 2d game.

Prime 2 best Metroid. AM2R is best 2D, I love it even more than Super.

I didn't need any of that to beat the game. I didn't even need that to play it comfortably. I have yet to hear a convincing argument for why the Wii controls are so much better.

I'll try out AM2R eventually, but I felt like taking a break from Metroid after Fusion, I pretty much played only Metroid for a month or so.

You're simply wrong

>arguing with bait

Never change, Cred Forums

inb4 you think I'm that guy trying the "i was only pretending to be retarded" argument.