Sorry if I'm shilling a little bit here, but I recently picked this up and it's pretty good Cred Forums

Sorry if I'm shilling a little bit here, but I recently picked this up and it's pretty good Cred Forums

Some bugs though so submit your problems

[spoiler Go into a Cyclops and attempt to build a ladder. Shit goes nuts

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/mezmer-trip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PRAWN update was so buggy, did they fix anything? Is the multipurpose room still locked at the start?

IF this implying that subnautica is bad based on that idea then kill yourself

If not then yeah it's great and you're a kool-aid person

Just think people should know the facts before the buy a game

I'm opted into experimental mode and it keeps fucking crashing when I launch it but I'm too lazy to switch back to regular mode

it's pissing me off

>getting triggered
>2016
wew lad if tumblr is one side of the PC outrage coin you're the other side

If their reasoning not to include was to not break game balance, or it didn't fit the tone they wanted, or to maintain tension, or pretty much any other reason I wouldn't care, but the actual reason is retarded

Eh, I'm cool with it.

I've wasted so much goddamn time playing shooters i'm happy just to find a good fps game i enjoy that's noticeably different.

>but I'm too lazy
you know your problem so stop complaining and fix it

the fuck does this have to do with the game?

One of the Devs is a libtarded "Guns kill people" guy.

He whined when people wanted weapons added that Subnautica is supposed to be a safe space away from the evil of firearms.

Then the other devs overruled him and we got fucking nerve gas torpedos and a drill. At this point, they're still avoiding guns because there's more fun ways to fight: They want players to play with the infuser, monster AI and natural items to fight because if HL2:Deathmatch taught us something, it's that a game is as fun as all the shit you can throw in it.

weapons grade autism right here.

So you're saying the game is bad?

>HUGH JEREMY SHILLING AGAIN

Goddamn Hugh did you need to afford this week's rent again?

>buying from literal criminals

No, I'm saying you have shit taste and should play Subnautica to correct that.

Game's EA, but I've already got my money's worth exploring the deeps and building habitats.

But I'm the guy who started the thread

>One where we are not at the top of the food chain

Why the fuck would you want that?

Go play more subnautica then.

Reminder that the devs completely veto'd this guy and put in weapons anyway. Do not buy into the shitposting.

Hello where are the moddings

>Sea Emperor added

where does it spawn so I know to completely avoid that fucking general direction at all times

Sea Emperors are the friendly ones, user.

u-umm so... Is the game worth getting or not?

Have they optimized this game anymore since the PRAWN update?
I noticed they got rid of terraforming but it didn't really give any kind of performance boost as of that patch.

>that giant as fuck alien gun shooting down your rescue.

It's fun but still early access. Wait for it to release.

This is okay. It makes the game much scarier.

They're probably not going to optimize it until everything has been added to the game.

Their last game, natural selection 2, ran like utter shit right up to before the release. It makes more sense to complete the game features/mechanics, then focus on bug fixes and optimizations since newly added content can add new bugs and fuck up previous optimizations. It'll come eventually, user.

wut?

I think the game is worth at least $10 or $15 as of now. If you really feel like buying it just play it for under 2 hours and refund it if you're not liking it or you get shitty performance

Its all personal preference. Right now, its a pretty good deep sea exploration game. There's only bits of story, through logs and stuff in the game right now. More will be added later. I've already gotten my money's worth even in Early Access through the exploration alone and visiting deep areas like the Lost River and shit.

If the devs keep up their progress this game will be a GOTY when it fully releases

forgot my pic

>this shit again

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/mezmer-trip

This fucking game man

I am going to pirate this shit. Which version should i get?

For the record, this is not even the case anymore. There ARE weapons in the game.

This game utterly terrifies me to the core. I don't think I've been scared more in my life than when I'm playing Subnautica.

I have a crippling fear of deep water but I'm smart enough not to go anywhere IRL that might set it off.

If i could actually play this game I'd love it.

Is there a guide for the ins and outs of base building Cred Forums recommends?

>early access

As good as the game is currently, you should never shill anything in early access.
The probability of things beings fucked up in updates or never coming out of early access is too common.
Buy it when it's finally completed or invest at your own risk.

Try FarSky, it's a little gentler on the nerves. Just don't leave your base at night.

>fucked by updates
That can happen out of Early Access

>might not leave Early Access
It's already a finished game by most standards.

>play subnautica daily
>nice new update
>finish updating and keep playing
>tfw encountered a Warper 2 days ago

>tfw havent touched the game since

inactive lava zone

Not really all that interested in Subnautica, but is there a game that's similar to it except space-themed?

every single thread

this game has generals in /vg/ for a little after steam sales but it gets to comfy base building pretty fast and then there is nothing else to see or do
great game though, do not regret purchase

Closest i can think of would be Outer Wilds

i glade the new update came out. but im a little disappointing with some of the monsters. im still pretty safe in my submarine

What's up with the creatures glowing orange when you're in the Cyclops? Is that supposed to happen?

Space Engineers maybe?

Thanks, I'll look those up.

Until the sea dragons flips your cyclops upside down

Why is the Cyclops indestructible? It makes the game so boring. Also the fucking radiation is really pissing me off. I've fixed the ship and am so far beyond that that I've got a stillsuit and now the radiation comes back out of nowhere.

No Man's Sky

You're not fooling anyone, Sean.

Please just buy my game once. I have children to feed! (that's a lie but COMEON)

>all this new Reaper spawns

>New Reaper spawns
w-what

They add Reapers in Mushroom forest, mountains, dunes and two near Aurora.

>build cyclops
>dock prawn
>go to bed
>start the game
>its gone

This is either absolute comedy gold, or the saddest cringe I've ever seen.

What a faggot

What the fuck is his problem?

Well so much for ever playing this game again.

>been happily dumping spent nuclear rods outside my base since I'm in a fukken cave, no worries
>get back inside hatch
>reaper sounds in the distance

comfy deep (deep, deep) sea base

Christ, what's the integrity situation look like down that deep?

if you flood your base, will sea creatures swim into it from the moonpool?

you'd be pretty pissed off too if your chin looked like a massive scrotum

It's alright, thankfully stuff doesn't start subtracting an absurd amount of integrity or anything, you just have to put a few reinforcements around. The real pain is going for resource runs; there's nothing down here but uranium and sulfur so you have to hop all the way back up to grab some titanium or quartz, also the seamoth with mk3 pressure compensator caps out at 900m so I'd need to build upwards if I were to bring it down here

serene but almost kinda boring since the rays do nothing but clip through shit all day

Those nuclear rods could attract a reaper?!

>a world without guns
It's a world where you're afraid of wildlife, what a wonderful world! It makes a better game, tho.

Why did you think the reapers are all around the Aurora, user?

It is time they do that, the exploration is lacking some elements of danger.

They initially set out to be a procedurally generated game, but instead settled for a hand crafted map.

This means they used a voxel engine for the terrain so it could be heavily modified, this was a massive resource hog.
They'll be removing that soon and performance should be noticeably better.

Ah, yeah, man fuck that. I'm running off constantly for even the simplest supplies. Thankfully I set up right where a kelp forest and a grassy plateau intersect, with an island like a twenty second ride away so I don't want for much. It would've been nice to manage a thermal vent somewhere nearby but you can't have everything. I would've loved to use the bio-reactor since I'm so close to so much plantlife but fuck the message spam. Maybe when they fix that.

How comfy is your base, user?

I really want to fucking play Subnautica.

But jesus christ I dont want to play fucking Subnautica.

You get what I'm saying?

Do sensor rooms still mute the sounds of every creature in the game?

No