I noticed a recent trend of people saying Dark Souls 2 was good or even better than DaS, DeS, DaS3 or BB

I noticed a recent trend of people saying Dark Souls 2 was good or even better than DaS, DeS, DaS3 or BB.

I'm here to confirm that this is still NOT the case and DaS2 is, as before, the little crippled bastard child of the souls family that has to hide in the basement when expecting visitors.

When you see someome claiming that DaS2 was good he is probably baiting or stupid, most likely both.

so instead of an argument you present a dead metaphor

I've only played DSIII and BB... I wanna play DeS and DaS real bad but don't know if it's worth it buying a PS3 or just waiting for inevitable collection.

I know, I bet it's just one or two people posting it over and over.

Don't get me wrong, ds3 sucks, but ds2 is just shit.

I liked Dark Souls 2 not sure why people hated it. Then again lots of people Hate Dark Souls 3, and Blood Borne.

I noticed a recent trend of people saying Dark Souls 3 is good or even better than DaS2.

I'm here to confirm that this is still NOT the case and DaS3 is the little crippled bastard child of the souls family that has to hide in the basement when expecting visitors.

When you see someome claiming that DaS3 is good he is probably baiting or stupid, most likely both.

I thoroughly enjoyed DS2. It was a very fulfilling adventure.

kek

I liked ds2 a lot. I played the whole thing through with a bro so that might have helped influence my opinion. Despite it trailing away from the sprawling labyrinthine maps I enjoyed most of the areas. Fuck that snow shit with the horses though.

it's a meme you dip

This.

DS2 wasn't bad. It wasn't very good, though.
Every other Souls game is simply better.

>stop liking what I hate
kys

>I'm here to confirm

Great credibility well memed my friend

Different people have different tastes. I dislike DS2, I don't consider it to be a bad game, but it is over-shadowed by better entries into the series. The lore, the story and the setting are all less well done than DS1 and 3, as well as BB. The world is less interesting to play around in. The PvP was pretty fun, but aside from that the game just didn't have the lasting impact that DS1 has had on me. Felt like the game was forcing me to finish playing through it just to get it done, whereas I didn't want DS1 or 3 to end.

A recent trend?

DS2 has been the holy grail of those people forever.

Then why did I play it more than all the other soulsborne games combined?

Dark Souls 2 was the first time in 21 years that I was thoroughly disappointed by a video game. I played Dark Souls daily for hours until 2 arrived and was so damn hyped.

Dark Souls 2 is the reason I became such a bitter naysayer like the rest of Cred Forums.

The arguments have been made over and over before. It's really basic knowledge by now.

I'm genuinely with you even if you're shitposting. This DaS2 meme is truly destructive because you can see it's fooling people into actually fucking believing it.

It's certainly not a terrible game, but there's no room for a third-rate Vietnamese knock-off in what is a perhaps bloated series of high quality games that all play quite similarly.

It's because DS3 is boring linear shit

I was play it at a mates place and it's pretty bad.

Still logged 200 hours in though, it's an okay game.

There needs to be a sticky at the top of Cred Forums for arguments for and against DS2.

Lel the only souls game with good level design through out the entire game is Demons Souls, and that too is debatable thanks to 5-2. DaS one was good up until after dukes archives then the quality drops like a rock. DaS 2 level design was just mediocre through out not good not bad withe exception of pre patched amana and the dlcs really picking up the slack. Bloodborne is also like Demons souls solid through out although the world not being interconnected kinda hurts it. DaS 3. See bloodborne.

I finally got around to playing the Dark Souls 2 DLCs. Beat Sunken and Iron so far

I've seen a lot of posts here saying its way better than the base game, but I'm not seeing it yet. I wouldn't say its any better or worse

Mostly the level design sunken king does some interesting stuff and Iron king has that same verticality with better and thats a stretch enemys boss in iron king are damn good with the exception of cool ranch smelter

Crown of the Old Ivory King has some really sweet shit in there.

One of the best references back to Dark Souls 1 in 2 too. Honestly, the best job they've done with chaos in the series, considering Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins

>memes are basic knowledge now

amazing

Yeah even though I detested the base game enough, I got SoFTs from a friend and the dlcs were okay but the basic framework is still shit so it drags it down.

The boss that was basically just 3 npcs was garbage, too.

The DLC scales with soul memory, right?

DaS2 will stay unarguably the best game in the series until DaS3's DLC comes out.