Is there a game with a sense of deep progression, where i can level up and build my character...

Is there a game with a sense of deep progression, where i can level up and build my character, upgrade my weapons and find loot, have an ok/good story, open world or not, have fun combat and alot of replay value that i can sink 100+ hours into? Can pic be related?

you could have just said borderlands 2 thread.

Bump

Im not trying to shill BL2. I want to see if there are any games of this criteria because its something i want to play

Aside from good combat, Stardew Valley fits the bill

he's probably looking for something more engaging. like diablo 2.

Who is the funnest character from each game? I'm not talking about broken shit, but just fun factor.

Forgot to mention no shit mmo or moba trash

I like Maya from 2.

Bamp

Borderlands 2 is shit and fuck you kill yourself Anthony "Faggot" Burch literal meme game shit tier Borderlands 1 infinitely superior.

K

>tfw literally enjoyed the fuck out of BL2
>500 hours
>400 solo

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Presequel
Battleborn
Risk of Rain
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Oblivion
Skyrim
Vampire the Masequerade: Bloodlines

Nothing beats that streamlined process of the Borderlands games though.

Grim Dawn

Diablo 3.

I am one of those rare birds who adores it, and prefers it to Diablo 2. It has way more looting and killing and running and gunning and isn't nearly as overly huge as the second game. Is it as good? Probably not. But is it more looty and console-y for you? Yessir.

Lilith in 1, Krieg in 2 and Jack in Pre.

>new vegas

my nigga

Lolsorandomecksdee: the game 2

Not Burch or the user you're sperging at, but Borderlands 2 gave me my waifu. No other girl except maybe Captain Scarlett and BL1 Lilith even come close.

Maya with Breakneck Banshee (Fleet +6)/Fleet skill maxed/Roughrider combo.

Makes every other character...no, every other Borderlands game waaaaay too slow.

>have an ok/good story
>have fun combat

Borderlands isn't that game

Have you tried mmos?
A lot of people shit on WoW, and the combat isn't the greatest, but if it clicks with you then you'll have a lot of fun

But user Borderlands 2 is fun

Man, why didn't they just release more balance patches for BL2 instead of shitting out Battleborn? Last year's patch was fucking great.

Kotor2, maybe Kotor1. Fun combat is subjective, replay value is according to your build, and it won't fill 100+ hours.

Maya best girl, Lilith a shit.

Pre-sequel Nisha was fun as fuck
Get two of any pistol wielded, auto aim damage up active with extra fire rate, fire double bullets after a reload
Press F then click as fast as fucking possible and watch as things die

What DLC is recommended for BL2?

i keep having reoccurring dreams of that one ice level where you go up and kill that fire nomad guy

my friend still has a bl2 key
do i do it

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
for the rest, YMMV

>Really want a first-person loot and shoot like borderlands
>literally the only options are borderlands itself and mmoshit like destiny

I never played the PreSequel but I just can't bring myself to put up with the writing of that series, even if I could just skip it.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is the best one imo (even though the enemies are a pain in the ass)
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage because EXPLOSIONS!!! (also good if you like Torgue weapons)
Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty brings some of the BL1 atmosphere back
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt...well, I didn't like it, but it's something different and gives you some background, if you want to play TFTBL
A lot of people don't like the Headhunter DLCs (or to phrase it better, they don't think it's worth the money), but they give your character some voice lines and therefore also more depth.

the writing is even worse in this game. Most of the jokes you won't understand either unless you're from/live in Australia, but the gameplay is just as solid as BL2. It's also very comfy to me for some reason. Maybe it's the color palettes/environments/music, not sure, just feels very cozy to me.

The writing aside it made some things better than BL2. Gun Vendors finally serve a purpose again (aside from selling stuff to them) and enemies are less of a bullet sponge in higher levels

It's just more 2. Hell, most of the legendaries were directly copy/pasted.
The few points I will give are lasers, O2 kits, the grinder, party banter, and better scaling.

GF and I did a duo run of BL1 together, she played as Roland with shotguns/assault rifles/sniper rifles, I ran as Mordecai with revolvers/pistols/snipers. She wants to do a duo run of BL2. Got her the game, first level up DLC, and the main DLC's when they were on sale a few weeks ago for 80% off.

Now, she wants to play as Zero (because she thinks he's cute and she likes sniper rifles). Who would be a good match with her? Maya for team heals and using phaselock to hold enemies still for sniper crits? Sal for straight up damage and "tanking" enemies while she hangs back? Gaige is fun, but I think Krieg would suck, especially if she sniped the dudes I was trying to chain kill to stay alive.

Shadow Warrior 2, you faggot

Because Randy doesn't want to be known as "the Borderlands guy".
Now he's known as the guy that went on stage and sang about Twitter arguemnets.

I've been looking forward to it ever since I saw the loot drops in the recent gameplay video, nigger! When does it launch?

Man, I remember playing Borderlands with a buddy back in high school, and we bought into this guy's hype and enthusiasm.

Its not like either of us played any Gearbox game besides Borderlands, but still, its kind of disappointing how much a shithead he ended up being.

I played Zero/Mechromancer with my GF (male). He took Zero.

The robot helped deal with mobs that the sniper couldn't handle.

Brick in B1
Salvador in B2

dark messiah of might and magic
dishonored
dragons dogma: DA
tales of zetria
witcher 3
furi
dragon age origins
jedi academy

>playing borderlands after they fucked up weapons and loot in 2
>huge giant sponge enemies
>gearbox
>anthony burch
>The gross mishandling of Aliens and it's money after they said no one but them should make the game since they are fans
>What happened to Duke

Why do people support this disgusting company

No rest for the wicked.

I wanted to like Shadow Warrior but the damn game is too claustrophobic and linear. I need a game like Doom 2016 or a game with Overwatch mechanics mixed with Borderlands campaign. Something with quick TTK and satisfying/tight gameplay. Shadow Warrior feels too much like an arena brawler even with the guns. There's no vertical element or proper FPS-style environments.

Because they're holding Maya hostage and I need to rescue her by buying more of their games.

>Dishonored
Dunno about the rest of your list, but that game is literally the opposite of what OP asked for.

anthony burch did literally nothing wrong

I would still go with Krieg. In UVHM sniping is no viable option, so you could hack&slash your way through, while playing a Hellborn Krieg in the beginning

Krieg is a ton of fun to play as, I have played most of them in 2 and he was the best experience I had. I would say Krieg and Zero would be a good combo actually. After a while there are just huge mobs and you can't snipe them all.

The second most fun I had was copying that one user in the old bored lands general who ran a grenade Axton. Granted I killed myself a good 1/3rd of the time but holy smokes it was fun to have his speed boost buffed+skill points into going fast/explosives maxed out and just throwing grenades at everything and using my shotgun if I needed too, most of the time I did not.

He tried to have an open relationship and failed miserably on his part.

Everything bad that happens to him is self-inficted.