What role do you find yourself playing the most?

What role do you find yourself playing the most?

>healer is on the bottom
kek

The good one.

Dante

If you don't play DPS then you're a bottom bitch noob. It's that simple.

dps, with my shitty Australian connection I wouldn't want to get people killed not blocking something at the right time or not getting a heal off in time.

Hard roles are a mistake
All that matters is killing

Roles were born from the need for teamwork. Even if your game goes the YOU CAN DO ANYTHING route you'll still have people specializing in damage, tanking, and healing.

dps mains are literal subhumans
healer mains are just whores and sluts slurping the MTs cock

tanks are the only class that takes skill

The Big Dick DPS of course.

Teaming up exists to kill faster

tell that to gw2
instead of trinity you have just everyone doing dps instead and no one tanks or heals

>tanks are the only class that takes skill

The only challenging part of tanking is tanking adds and mobs, which is the boring part of playing an MMO. Even that become absent when offtanks and ccing before the fight starts became a thing

Tank. Healer comes second

Or to survive mechanics

Obviously if the content is easy then there's no need for people to play specific roles. Just bring a self heal and you're good.

>Tank has full threat but the DPS still took damage
Get out of the AOEs.
Why are DPS so universally stupid?

Tanks are literally the "oh I suck too much to play dps but I don't want everyone to know I suck literal dicks like healers so I'm gonna play something where I just sit there and get hit like the cuck I am" class

Yeah, since Guild Wars did it well
When you have no roles and everyone is just doing the same shit, it becomes dull

I end up playing healer the most because i actually want to win and nobody else has the courtesy to be the healer for a little while

The best defense is offense
Therefore killing more = surviving more

>Why are DPS so universally stupid?
Wherever they are they must also parse.

DPS of course.
Every new MMO, every expansion and patch, healing becomes easier and easier and easier, as does tanking. While DPS checks also become easier, atleast there is a challenge fighting for the dps spots

How exactly does this work?

If the DPS is damage per second and it's doing the most damage why wouldn't the monster just kill it first? Why would it ever try to hit the tank at all if the tank does less damage?

You need at least someone to tank damage and hold threat so the boss doesn't just go from dps to dps one shotting everyone.

Thanks, Mom

If that happens try again with more dps

bread and butter mechanic of mmos is threat/hate/enmity/aggro

the more dps you do to a mob the more hate you get
the tank classes receive abilities that directly apply threat without needing to deal the raw dps for it

raid level bosses usually will have a enrage timer, if you dont down the boss within a time limit the boss will start doing retarded amounts of damage that will quickly wipe an entire party

Okay. You don't know what you're talking about.

The tank is built to distract the enemy. Tanks often have abilities like "Intimidating Shout" which raise their threat level in the eyes of the enemy.

Main healer here
Idk, i just feel good filling other people's lifebar and occasionally buffing.
It's just that, really, someone is low, i heal, poof, they are ready to fight.
It makes me feel good.
Not into the heal slut tho

Because big monsters and dragons and the literal creators of the universe are all idiots.

All I need to know is that more damage = more killing = more good

Tank > dps > healer
I like responsibility of thr tank, and excitement of pulling high dps, but filling other players' hp bars isn't for me. Only resto druid somehow kept my attention going.

>tfw the tank dies and you turn into the group hero who saves the party from wiping

healers because fuck tanking and DPS is for egocentrical muh damage autists, while healing is a public service that everyone should get

Hybrids are usually my go to if they are offered, otherwise I enjoy tanking. I just enjoy setting the pace for whatever it is I'm doing and if I tune out of my DPS/healer for a second I can make believe that I'm handling most of that shit on my own.

I like taking the lead when I know what I'm doing and I hate being the guy in the group who constantly says "we have to do X" only to be ignored and for us to wipe because we didn't do X. I never get ignored as a tank.

the tank gets the monster's attention with a taunt or something even stupider

The MMO trinity is so retarded
>run around aggroing everything and get kicked in the face as much as possible
>follow the guy getting kicked in the face and make sure he doesn't get kicked too much
>actually kill enemies but every build has to be a glass cannon so the guy getting kicked has something to do
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be shot

Healers will soon get replaced with literal healbots

Tanks because they have the easiest time soloing content in the only MMO I even bother playing.

>what are attacks that target someone else than the tanks?

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

CALLING ALL RAPPIES

What do you do when you reach the max amount of players in a group?

>What is raid-wide damage

More dps

How do you get more when you can't get more?

what is objectively the best raid size
8 man
10 man
24 man
40 man
100 man

Evasion/counter tanks like the KF master from blade and soul if there is an option like that, otherwise dps

My favorite WoW spec is feral, fight me bitch.

Back when I was raiding, Heal > DPS >>> Tank

But now that I'm full casual, I alternate between the 3.

Tank is an inaccurate name then.

It should be called the Clown.

>I wouldn't want to get people killed not blocking something at the right time

People are talking about skilless MMOs like WoW or FFXIV

A retarded mechanic designed to make sure player skill/teamcomp is eliminated from the equation so easy skinner box mechanics continue to work.

Orks plz stop posting.

For real, you can't like healing and helping people nowadays without being labeled "heal slut". Is it wrong to want to be helpful?

More
dps

See the pic in
If the tank just yells Threat! over and over, then the monsters will focus on him instead of anybody actually doing anything.

There should be more "support" classes which offer either off healing/dps, buffs, or get creative like adding life steal mechanics to their damage so the raid is healed every time you do damage, or maybe make it so they steal resources from the boss for raid members, or give them mechanics in a fight that only they can solve.

24 imho

10 isn't hectic or epic in scale enough

40 is just a cluster fuck

Honestly there's nothing quite like your first 40 man raid where you have some crucial role and the knowledge that 39 people are going to shit on you in vent if you fuck it up.

20-25

"Heal sluts" are the most stupid fucking things I've ever heard of.

Why the fuck would you belittle someone who's holding your life or lungs in their hands.

20. You can do more mechanics against 20 people than 10 people, but it doesn't turn into a clusterfuck with 40 people when you're trying to target a particular enemy inside a group.

Better idea, actually put effort into your content design so that all (or at least most) sets of skills and player builds can actually attribute to group content and let free player expression and invisible hand principals create the de facto "standard" builds.

Depends on the game.
>tab targeting 123412341234 games
Anywhere from 10-40 or whatever the game can handle.
>action combat like vindictus or TERA
8 imo

>tank requires skill
>guys it's hard to cast taunt, to move left and right, and to taunt off the other tank when he gets stacks

Define "healbots". Literal bots?

>play all roles
>when not healing think I could be doing a better job than the healer
>when not tanking think I could be doing a better job than the tank
>when not dps think I could be doing a better job than the dps
Feels annoying being a well rounded competent player.

I usually float to healer because I'm still stuck on a mindset leftover from Maplestory where no one really expects the healer to do all that much except for heal and provide some sort of valuable buff, so start with them, work and grab a bunch of much nicer items or money and then go make a cool class and throw all the money into that one.

You need a really big community that isn't filled with complete shitters to pull off 40man or 100man content with any sort of fluidity. Unless the boss is so fucking easy that the only hard part is getting that many people together, in which case its boring.

25 man is my favorite size, it still seems large, but its much easier to coordinate than say 40 or 100 man content. 5,8,10 man content should really only exist for things that aren't too time consuming like dungeons in WoW which might only take 20-30 minutes tops if not less given skill or whatever.

Nevar enuff dps

>What role do you find yourself playing the most?

The only game I play online is Red Orchestra 2, which isn't a fantasy, RPG MMO but it has a better dynamic. It could be tweaked for more balance and applied to other things but it makes an interesting experience.

>tank is DPS
>anti-tank guys target the enemy tank
>squad leader is a mobile spawn point, marks zones for artillery and throws smoke to screen attacks
>team leader calls fire support
>engineers clear obstacles for the tank
>MGs and snipers support
>riflemen and assault guys take the point

How can I go play another game with such simple, boring, holy trinity strategy after that? Does every MMO have to be about a squad of cartoon character looking goons with tiny heads and purple skin running around a giant monster shooting it with green sparkles and hitting it with glowing blue paddles that are supposed to represent swords?

Healer, Because everyone needs a little Scimilove.

>but I didn't list-

TWENTY

8 is garbage
10 is pushing it

15-25 is really nice and allows some interesting grouping mechanics

40 is getting pretty bad
100+ for crashing the server

t. healermain that thinks pressing heal on people is skill

Things an intelligent DPS can easily mitigate.

Melee dps usually feels the most fun and fulfilling, especially glass cannon or evasion based roles, but I've enjoyed tanking on occasion, especially in TERA.
I feel like when I play games I need to feel like I'm in the middle of combat, to feel a level of intensity, but I don't really enjoy being the center of any group.

I'm not really the type to go in the middle of the room and mingle with everyone, I prefer to stay to the sides. That sort of thing. This post was autism and no one is going to read it.

Depends

If it doesn't kill me, I'm not wasting any GCDs to mitigate it. And even if I do, if I'm ignored by the healers I'll eventually die from unavoidable damage

I normally play a Knight or Paladin...

...so I guess a DPS/Healer Hybrid?

In this context yes. Removing the boring and shitty part of the trinity as a game design.

>be playing tank
>easiest role in every mmo
>scrubs are praising you for doing basic shit
>almost impossible to fuck up
>mmos are still full of mouthbreathing retards, that manage to fuck up as a tank
>fucking prot warriors mitigating less damage than a bdk for some fucking reason on ursoc hc.
Sometimes I feel that I'm either too good, or surrounded by retards.

>healers have to heal everyone, often using aoe heals that require 4 dimensional thinking to ensure that the maximum amount of people are healed for the least amount of mana, dispel everyone, keep an eye on the bosses cooldowns to prepare for massive damage phases, look after the dummys who stand in fire, cc adds, avoid mechanics, maintain mana, and synchronise all of these tasks with the other 4 healers to ensure none of you are wasting cooldowns and mana by overlapping at the wrong times
>dps have to dodge fire/ kill adds/ press 123 or 144 depending on single target or aoe
>tanks press defense button and swap with the other tank occasionally

Rift has something like that. The supports are responsible for raidwide CDs, buffs, general debuffs on bosses that translate into more damage taken, some of them have purges, many have good ways to do dps, but small heals/shielding on the side they can do to other players (like Oracle with Discerning Wave that does an AoE splash damage and shielding for other players in a cone). Defiler is kind of a unique healing soul where your priority is to do damage and you automatically make other players (tanks) take less damage with links and when their health is low, the damage you did to bosses can turn into burst healing for the tanks when you choose so.

>I'm not really the type to go in the middle of the room and mingle with everyone

Same here, I'm a side center kind of guy. I never want to be in the direct center, but I don't want to be on the sidelines. I want to be in there close enough to meet a couple of new people and have a few good conversations with the people I do know or would like to know. Then I usually want to dip out.

That's not autism bro, its pretty normal.

>This thread
>any of the classes thinking they have skill
>literally all three of them are press a button and wait for cooldown

More like holy cuckoldry.

The least played(but still necessary) so it's easier to find groups.
Usually healer.

Support.

>not making everyone swole as fuck
>making shit tier dps into god tier
>helping the healer out
>letting the tank take more damage
>still doing mad dps

My man.

RO2's got a great dynamic. Even shit-tier riflemen aren't a bad class, because they have basically the highest most reliable damage and the most reliable spawns.

Planetside? You've got TLs and squad leaders, with medics/engineers/supports to assist. Each class has a decent gun as well, so you're never forced to just sit back and hold LMB to heal or repair.

Prot Warriors are top tier and it feels like no one knows how to play them. As a BDK I'm perfectly fine with this because my guild usually picks me over our warriors since our warriors are shit.

Plus we get the added bonus of those warriors going Arms and doing mad ST damage.

But you're right, I used to be a fuck up as a tank, but its just become so easy to tank in WoW these days that it takes a moron not to tank well.

Debuff/Dot DPS master race.
Because being annoying as fuck in PvP with your 1324243 tiny gimmicks is the best feeling ever.
>uh oh, engage unforseen combat
>dance around a bit, put dots and use bullshit skills
>they eventually add up
>drag out the battle, patience is key
>the attacker is rendered useless after few seconds
>this is where they start talking shit and rage
>finish them off
>use emotes or some shit for extra rage
>for the next hours see the very same dude hunting you down either solo or with group
>or get a shitload of whisper/mail salt from him
>mfw

I enjoy healing in wildstar a lot.

Jesus. Source?

This. I loved playing support roles in general, whether it be spot healing, buffing, monster control, and so on. I just miss that being a role in general since everything is just broken down into three roles anymore.

fucking google it dude
its literal bots

>tfw you're so geared as a support you can solo heal experts with it while still doing big dps and make everyone else do big dps
>tfw even the tank is able to do his role with a dps/tank hybrid spec so you burn bosses under 20 seconds

>implying you could fuck up as a tank pre-bc
m8
>no one knows how to play them.
Focus rage proc to ignore pain. Plug holes in IP's uptime with Shield Block. ezpz.

Since all MMOs are now solo games the best class is whatever solos content the easiest

The holy trinity died years ago.

>The holy trinity died years ago.
this
>never got into MMOs untill recently
>you will never be able to become true a healslut
mfw

I tried tanking in BC and I was garbage, but then again that was a long time ago and it was a trial by fire with me basically being thrown in as a last minute tank for heroic Magister's terrace the day after I level capped. I figured the role wasn't right for me and ignored it until now and realized its fucking easy.

And yes I have a prot warrior too I know how they play, but it doesn't seem like other people know that.

>pick healer because you want to help your group succeed
>end up hating every brain dead mother fucker in the group because all you do is watch people fuck up even the simplest shit

>solo games
This meme needs to die. Just because you are not able to socialize and get a good guild or get friends, doesnt mean every MMO are solo games. Get out of your comfort zone and go make some dungeon/pvp buddies.

>Knight
>Paladin

You play a Tank/Healer bro.

And I like it better this way.

Post the original one

>it doesn't seem like other people know that.
And that's what fucking bothers me. How can you fuck up as a tank? It's pants on head fucking easy.

i hate the fucking trinity. it was fine 20 years ago but now it's just fucking stale and unimaginative.

>play tf2
>pick medic
>12% uber when suddenly
MEEEEEDICCCCKKKK
>friendo at 12 health
>proceeed to heal
>as soon as the faggot sees 'being healed by user'
>immediately runs face first toward enemy
OMG YOU SUCK AT MEDIC

why are people so retarded when they know theres a healer?

DPS

Ideally with a focus on AoE and debuff. I get a raging hard-on when my screen floods with damage numbers.

DPS and Tanks are high up on the list, in my opinion, with DPS moderately above Tanks on the food chain. You need a lot of memorization and mechanical skill to pull off playing DPS and not so much with the Tank. A Tank's job is easier and less stressful than a DPS but more stressful than a healer.

But for tank players that isn't so bad, because the role doesn't require as much from them they're able to make calls and act as leaders. A good leader is very important to keep the unit in check and have everything flowing smoothly as possible.

Healers are dime a dozen, for the most part, and everyone knows it.

>Healers are dime a dozen, for the most part, and everyone knows it.
thats not how you spell DPS user

mmos will never be good until players stop being retarded and thinking this stupid triangle is a good idea. I bet one of them will respond to this with "u can't remove it gw2 tried and suxed." literally can't think outside the triangle.

dark souls mmo
there done, no need for trinity

But coop makes bosses in dark souls piss easy.

It's true you get a lot of shitty dps playes, but that's only because they are in fact the top dogs. Everyone wants to be a top dog so you get a lot of people playing classes/characters they don't have the technical and mechanical skill to pull off. Basically a truly useful and good DPS is a diamond in the rough.

That's just how life work.

>heroic Magister's terrace the day after I level capped
That's cruel.

The role that places me out of mmos.

Seriously though. I don't understand how people can possible enjoy these grindy pieces of shit.

Stand in front of an enemy and slash at them for 40 mins with no real connection to what is actually going on, on screen because moves don't connect, spacing is ass, dodging is ass if even present.

Might as well place a spreadsheet game where you click the same buttons ad nauseam.

>but that's only because they are in fact the top dogs
It's more that most people don't want the responsibility of playing a tank or healer. If you die as a dps there will be someone else to pick up your slack, even in small groups. If the tank or healer dies it's often a wipe.

Retribution Paladin mostly.

...For a long assed time. Since Blessing of Kings was the top tier Ret Talent. Back when blessings lasted 5 minutes... in 40 man raids.

...Those we're the days.

Tank is most fun with friends.

Healer is most fun with a serious guild.

DPS is most fun if you don't want to try.

>Basically a truly useful and good DPS is a diamond in the rough.
same as a good tank
same as a good healer
only difference is
>Everyone wants to be a top dog
and blames the medic for not healing enough when they need it
or the tank when they cant block dmg because the bladelord little shit cant understand that red circles on the ground = bad

>Tank/DPS/Healer
>Not Tank/Controller/Healer

Modern MMOs were a mistake.

so make them harder dumbass, to account for the mmo

Games that have these roles are boring.

Being ranger is suffering. But people love the WB's and I love Lazer canons.

Tank is most fun with friends.

Healer is most fun with a serious guild.or you want to be called a cute little healslut

DPS is most fun if you don't want to put effort into being useful.or bitching at others

How do you make them harder? Because the reason they're easy is players can just trade aggro back and forth, almost like you using the boss for ping pong.

>tank is casting threat
>dps still taking damage like a retard
>all the debuffs on the boss are from the tank's skills
>that battle organization isn't the tank in front of the boss with its back turned to the dps and healer
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

the looter, you fucking normie.

Healing is pretty cool.

well arent you cute user?

Well see the thing is, just about anyone can play a "Decent" or "Good" healer or tank because they are mechanically more simple and easier to play than DPS. To be a truly great Tank or healer you need gamesense and good leadership.

>But what about that blame game?
Everyone blames each other for shit all the time, it's not a trait only to DPS players. That's how you know someone is a shit at the game is if they start trash talking in the chat and blaming others. That's when you don't party up/play with them again and find someone new.

Nah, they just want to play the "Cool" characters/classes. That's why shitters flock to snipers in FPS games, because it's the "Cool" high skill top dog weapon.

1st Mage that buffs team
2nd Swashbucker pirate dps
3rd Holy priest healer
4th Mage that deals massive damage with long cool downs

Tanks are whinny bitches

I used to be a dps, but since i'm the best player in the guild, I carry more efficiently as a healer.

Healer has highest skill floor and ceiling by far

Support. I dislike being just a "healer", I like being able to support the actual fight with dispels and damage and such.

Tank.
I like being needed almost 90% of the time and being the one responsible for the party's wipe or success.

The feeling has gone to shit when leveling a tank in WoW since Heirlooms can carry a DPS all the way through by himself.

Fuck Heirlooms. Makes the first 60 levels so incredibly boring.

Nice gif

Tank with a huge 2 hand weapon (preferably hammer or axe). The characters I make are tall and swole as fuck with the thickest metal armour I can find.

Bonus points if the class is Germanic/Norse themed

Boring and rage inducing
>Queue up in dungeon finder as a tank
>Everyone in Party in Heirlooms but me
>DPS rushes straight through and pulls and even kills some mobs as I keep tanking the fucking residue.
>Kicked for being too slow knowing full well that I'm performing well above what is expected from my level and gear
Fuck Heirlooms.

It feels so good to debuff/dispell and dot the enemy to death.

>preferably hammer or axe
My fucking nigga, swords are for DPS.

i would love to play dps, but since the tank.healer to dps oles are so skewed, getting into duty's or trying to do pirmals are nearly impossible with 45 min wait times. so now i'm forced to pick a class thats almost guaranteed to get in.

Tank. To the point that I can't play my dps alts, since seeing other tanks fumble their job and make sloppy pulls makes my toe-nails curl up.

ITT: people that think DPS rotations are hard.

Hard to do your rotation when shards refuse to pop. Then again I guess I deserve it for sticking with my warlock.

You simply cannot tank or heal without heirlooms. If you tank you cannot hold threat and you'll take "too much damage. if you try to heal you heal for far too little and you go oom too fast for a group going at 500 miles per hour.

That's the fucking staff of Herme's which has nothing to do with healing. Whoever made that picture is an inbred fuck.

Ha! Ranged DPS/crowd control/aggro pull.

Fuck your conventional trilogy.

(GW2, DDO, LOTRO, STO player)

God I fucking hate the holy trinity.

crowd control, the true man's man of MMOs.

>this is what DPS players actually believe

LMAOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

i play healer always always, sometimes i play some sort of buffer

Everquest's 54 man is the perfect amount. you have about 24 who actually do their goddamn job and another 30 to fill dps slots.

I remember when CC was a thing in WoW, people would poly/sap enemies. Then I went back to WoW with WoD and people just AoE nuke the entire dungeon.

SSC.
TK.
BT.
Hyjal.

prove me wrong faggots.

Healer/support.
It's comfy, low effort to solo or can easily get a party when it isn't, getting dungeon parties isn't hard.
It's also the most chaotic when you get a poor party, to spice things up a bit.

CC is still a thing in some mythic dungeons, and was near mandatory in Cataclysm timewalking. Hopefully they'll keep it relevant.

>enrage timer
literally a constant time
>debuffs
literally applied passively
>threat equation
literally ignored by all dps in all situations because its so easy to hold aggro
>step in to instantly die
press q to move left and not die
>rotation
literally the only thing to focus on as a dps

That's my kind of supprt.

You'd like Battlerite.

City of Heroes probably did CC the best, with Dominators and Controllers being able to apply multiple stacking debuffs on harder targets to disable them temporarily. course, that game was an oddball since healers were not important (enough +def buffs would negate the need for heals) and the best tank in the game was the guy who summoned pets.

t. Projection

DPS. I don't like the pressure of tanking or healing, if I fuck up a little no one cares.

>There'll never be a shutdown class in an MMO again
RIP Mesmer.

GW1 had such potential to fit basically any play style.
And then we got GW2 instead.

BC-WoTLK era Feral was pretty fun. After that, Blizz has thrown a ton of clunky shit at the rotation.

tank

i like to put myself on the front lines protecting my friends.

how did the whole "healslut" meme begin?
i'm a healer

I actually like to play classes which are in-between Tank and DPS.
Heavy DPS basically, which are often used as Tank or Off-tank.

Some example would be the Gladiator of Aion, the Berserker of Tera, Warrior of FFXIV and Wow...

Though lately, after 15 years of that I decided to play main healer on FFXIV, it's a nice change of pace.

thats what i do in gw2. theres a class that has debuffs that damage you when you walk or when you use skills.

DPS is the only role that matters because it kills the boss the fastest

>all this shit
>no damage

Damage numbers are popping up, do you need your eyes checked user?

support

support is healer

I hate this.

Ranged DPS mostly up until recently. Enjoying tanking in Legion.

Everytime without fail a thread says MMO some or one complete autist has to shill his dead game.

It's dead for a reason user.

healslut reporting in

>It's another retarded "MUH MECHANICS" boss instead of one that just relies on skill because the gameplay in MMOs is so shitty and poorly designed if they didn't add a retarded ass jumping puzzle to the boss they'd all be the exact same

MMOs really are the worst.

>no pick class
Shit taste, desu

I've never been a fan of the protagonist. I've always been a fan of the Aurons, the Kaminas, the Vegetas etc.

Being DPS is for those edgy naruto fags that create donut steels and draw on dA.

Tanks make the foundations and healers make the buildings. DPS fags just pick a room and say it's theirs.

>Doesn't like the protagonist
>Likes Tanks "I'm the most important person in the raid fuck you all" and Healers "I'm still more important than DPS"