Which is more important to you? Fun or Accuracy?

Which is more important to you? Fun or Accuracy?

freedom

fpbp

Depends on the game

I can use a controller on my pc, your image is factually incorrect

both, if im inaccurate as fuck in a game that requires it I am going to be mad as fuck

when did I say you couldn't use a controller on a PC?

it doesnt matter, the console tards buy games so more shitty health regen and aim assist games are made.

skill is dead

I believe he was referring to the Phil Fish tweet and took the image to be entirely console vs pc rather than keyboard vs gamepad

I prefer dorf fortress on keyboard. Fun is everywhere there..

Fun, but that is in no way related to the pic, since I have fun playing with a keyboard.
If you're gonna bring a relative term like "fun" into an argument, don't bring it into an argument where you're discussing which control device is better, since a keyboard is objectively better due to it's accuracy, variety, other uses, prices to actual costs of the device, how easy it is to repair, how long it will last before it breaks or you can't use it with the new devices

I prefer using the right tool for the right job, so FPS, RTS etc. use Keyboard and mouse, Platformers etc. use gamepad.

To be fair, James is just stating his own preference with it all.

He has grown up only using a controller, for the most part anyway, and I guess it is in grained to him.

Not that I agree with him, but I can see where he is coming from.

mynigga

False dichotomy.
Why not both?
If you meant kb&m vs controller, then it obviously depends

Fun, but playing some genres like FPS with a controller isn't fun at all.

If "fun" means controller and "accuracy" means mouse and keyboard, then mouse and keyboard.
I can't exactly say why besides the obvious "aiming in shooters with mouse vs analog stick" I play almost all my games with the keyboard, even games not exactly made for the keyboard, like racing games, as suicidal as digital steering is.

Freedom to choose whatever the fuck is best for my needs

Some games are better on a keyboard and some on a controller. I typically don't really like a keyboard because my finger positions get out of place and I fuck up. Also the games that utilize them probably have more inputs than is actually enjoyable for me. Things like MMO that suck ass IMO.

Depends on the game. Pirate BFME2 if you can and then find a way to get it on 360. It's two completely different worlds, and I mean just that in form of controls, not just in content. For example, double pressing A selects ALL of your units across the map instead of all units of the same type on screen. If you want to do that you have to get the units you want together, hold A, and then drag. To issue orders you have to hold the right trigger and toggle through the options that appear. You have to toggle through buildings and units too.

As for content?
Console BFME2 can only have four playerss in play instead of 8 on PC
You are restricted to the color blue on 360 in Skirmish mode
Create-A-Hero is replaced with some weird pseudo OC shit and you unlock OCs by getting certain achievements
War of the Ring mode is gone
No Rise of the Witch King expac

Lets be real for a moment. Controllers are the last choice, even keyboard comes up short.

Flight: joystick and pedals
Racing: wheel and pedals
Fighting: stick or pleb
RTS: keyboard + M
FPS: keyboard + M

Controllers are bottom tier and always will be.

What about platformers and 3D action games?

You forgot 3D platformers, third person action games, hack n slash, 2D platformers

>3D platformers
only if its fully dependent on analog controls. even mario 64 is fine with a keyboard
>third person action games
nope
>hack n slash
nope
>2D platformers
nope

You really wanna be on the side of Sarkeesian?

Why do you idiots argue over such trivial Bullshit? Can't you guys just enjoy video games and move on with your life?

Oh wait, I forgot. Cred Forums doesn't play video games.

I mean if its between her and that thing in her spot on the left yes absolutely

>playing platformers with a keyboard instead of a Controller
T
O
P
KEK

It depends on the game
>best with a D-pad, focus on orthogonal movement
Keyboard
>3D space, necessity for diagonal movement and/or analog movement
Joystick
>FPS
An enigma, I want analog movement but I also want Mouse aim or something close to it in precision. This problem is part of why I'm not an FPS guy

Yes, why not, faṃ?

Caddicarus went into a more detailed explanation of the same preference.

Both of them have jobs where they sit at a computer and tippity-tap on the keyboard.
And they're their for hours.

So it's nice to get up from the desk, plop on a couch and pick up a controller to have fun.

It's maybe like working at a store and taking off the smock or shirt or whatever they make you wear. It's clothing just like your normal shit, but you're not gonna wear it because it's for work and you're not working.

>five genres

>playing ANY of those genres without a controller
What the fuck is wrong with you

Remember kids: being horribly inacurate in an fps is fun and vice versa.

What the fuck kinda comparison is that supposed to be? Everybody's gonna use the thing he's more accurate with, because being able to play better = more fun! Even if that means they're gonna use a controller.

>Flight: joystick and pedals
>Racing: wheel and pedals
Those sounds pretty unnecessary. Personally I can't see myself playing an Ace Combat game without using a controller. But I guess that's because it was console exclusive outside of Assault Horizon.

depends, I can't stand some games with a controller and I cant stand other games with a keyboard.
Examples:
1. While I can play an FPS on consoles, I'd much prefer KB+M
2. I cant play Cave Story without a keyboard, its impossible
3. Spelunky's PC bindings hurt my hand and I prefer using a controller instead
4. I like playing some twin sticks like Smash TV on a controller, but Nuclear Throne was made to be played with KB+M, I cant stand using a controller with that game.

there's more retardation in this image than the podium of the special olympics

any game collector would prefer consoles and controllers.

Also he uses a mac

Define "accuracy."

Depends on the genre.
I find it physically painful to play a first person game on a controller.

I guess I'll bite.

>relegating someone's preferred controls into two categories
When a child starts to grow up, they want more advanced things to keep them entertained. People specialize in their own hobbies or sports or work, because they want to master something, because it becomes more engaging when requiring a higher skill, whether it's problem solving, reflex, etc.

90% of the shit released today isn't engaging on any platforms, but when I play I prefer whatever allows me greater control, because it allows me to play better, which allows me to have more fun with greater challenges.

also