Have you ever quit playing a game because of a specific character, whether theyre a main character or minor NPC?

Have you ever quit playing a game because of a specific character, whether theyre a main character or minor NPC?

Yes

I don't even start playing if the character is wrong.

I stopped playing Throne of Bhaal because of Melissan.

I thought I was going to quit because of her, but I fought through it, I soldiered on.

Then I found out that all of the characters were equally bad and I could take no more.

I quit the first Baldurs Gate because of Imoen.

I mean the Borderlands series has a lot of obvious picks so i wont stoop that low.

How about War from Darksiders? Yeah that works.

Yep. The gameplay is fun but the furry bullshit is just too much sadly.

Should've kept playing. Party members barely have any lines in BG1 anyways.

Not that I recall although I stopped playing Dark Souls on Xbox 360 when I got to Blighttown due to the crazy drop in framerate

Fire Emblem Fates, because of Corrin and Azura specifically

I remember hearing endless praise for Dust. I picked it up full price and didn't realise until I got ingame that the MC was a furry Sasuke with a japanese ancient blade and covered eyes, with an annoying as fuck "cute" companion. In terms of gameplay it's just an inferior Muramasa. It's really impressive one guy did it but the characters and furry shit is enough to ruin the game IMO

I quit Solatorobo because I liked the villain more

Bravely Second. Main character is such a fucking pushover, "im not strong enough" cliche. To put the nail on the coffin, he's litterally called "Yew", as in a play-on-words of 'You'.

And the dumb blonde that follows him around got a more annoying voice actor and best girl is barely present.

I honestly keep putting off Dissidia because Lightning apparently plays a big role in it compared to the other FF weenies.

Picture not related

Bayonetta.
It's a good fucking game, probably one of my top ten favorite games of all time. But Holy shit the dialogue is so cringe inducing.

>get drunk with homie
>bored. Want to play vidya
>I'll show him my skills in bayo
>fry me to da moon starts playing
>"How do the Americans put it? I'll bust a cap in yo ass!"
>that entire opening scene with rodan
>the awkward still framed "cutscenes"

I love the game lots, but I physically had to stop playing before my friend thought I was autistic or something.

Play original Dissidia for the story mode. The forced MC overall is the WoL from FF1 instead. It's worth experiencing though. When you're done import your save to Duodecim and just ignore the story, play 013 for the gameplay and new characters. You can always use a downloaded save file to unlock them if you feel the need to.

Piper in FO4

just act like you're playing it ironically

At least its not trying to play Jump Stars Victory Vs story mode with someone over.

yes
tatsu made me drop xenoblade x

Most Japanese games have one of those characters. I really don't understand their obsession with them.

Fidget from Dust an Elysian tale.

I can put up with edgelord mc darkness literally named "Dust" but not the fucking weeb faggotry that is Fidget.

she's actually not that bad, fag

To be fair the game has more than one obnoxious character but Tatsu is not the heropon we deserved

I've quit fighting games because of this. Terumi sucks in his game, but didn't stop everyone from picking him. I hate everything about this character from design, character, gameplay, etc. Yet everyone kept picking him over and over. Win or lose, it was never fun playing against Terumi and I'd never find anyone else online except for Ragnas. Terumi legit killed my interest in playing Blazblue all by himself.

Eat a dick

You didn't miss much. I can tolerate just being the "beat shit up" character, I can't tolerate all the screentime being on Elsa, Lin and Tatsu. Everyone else may as well have not even existed, including the villains.

Are you Jamaican?

I quit Xenoblade X because of the music and all the characters

Fallout 4 because of the player character, I wanted to roleplay, not be some faggy kindergarten teacher sounding moron who wants to find his old man baby.

Got pretty tired of all the publicity Poison was getting in SF4 and SFxT

The longer you play UNdertale the more you hate flowey.

He's like some Deviantart Mary Sue edgelord come to life.

Go away spongeposter.

fuck you

This.

>100% achieevos until the dlc came
>Decide to give it a try even though I'm on NG+3
>Manage to kill Ludwig after a few hours
>Nothing interesting. Hospital is pretty easy
>Finally get to the sailor town,
>Kill first pic related without a problem
>Got inside the devil's well.
>Another pic related waits me there but it has 5X more health than the previous one and attacks that feels impossible to dodge.
>Hours passes and I finally get it to half health
>Another one drops behind me and rapes me like the 2 dollar whore I am.

How did you guys kill these on NG+ and further?

Cheese them with projectiles from the cliff with the lalalas

>Bitch personality
>Crown design for whatever reason

The latter's a nitpick.

Lol it's a mad squid

Every character in Dragon Age

sometimes im just apathetic

Fuck that
Just run past them

How do I get to that cliff?
One does not just run past them. They have something of mine.

I love the music in X but I can agree with the complaint that the overworld themes don't loop. It's like someone forgot to tel Sawano that he was making music for a video game and not another anime.

Yes

P3 because of Iori.

Ho lee shit

This should be crown king of a cringe thread.

>How do I get to that cliff?
It's near Orphan's boss room.

Dropped one VN because the loli robot drove me up the walls.
But an actual game would be Blood Will Tell, couldn't stand the kid and his/her sections either.
And every character on the girl side of the story in Mana Khemia 2, except the gloomy friend, sorta liked her.

i really disliked the characters but what really shut me off was just the repetitive combat. i played for an hour and took a break i never returned from

Yes.

Why didn't you just kick her out, you dumb fuck?

Pic fucking related may quite possibly be the most unlikable, poorly written, edgy and above all else, fucking annoying character I have ever been exposed to in a video game.

I never quit a game over a character though. Also, every character in ff13 was annoying as well.

This, I'll never get to play an edgy villain because the fucking voice will always sound out of place. I hope to god TES 6 doesn't have a voiced protag

The minute I saw this motherfucker dance, I put the game down and never looked back