To those that have played it

to those that have played it

how shitty is it? how does it compare to SS or SPM?

It's a more fleshed out SS. /thread

It's literally SS 2.0 but with more unique locations
The game looks good and the humor is better, but the gameplay is still complete shit

so still shit? all my friends keep saying it's amazing, and even as a nintendobabby i think this game looks like shit

it's better than both but that's not saying much considering both of those were shit

>dialogue is pretty good, minus some boring shit here and there. Humor is good

>Areas and art are nice (still not a fan of everything being cardboard and everyone having white lines. it's like trying to make it painfully obvious that everything is PAPERR)

>Some of the characters are done well

>music is okay

>Gameplay is still shit. Default settings can make the battles even longger than sticker star, which makes the pacing of the entire game a bit of a slog

>A bit more incentive to actually fight, but not much

The story takes influence from sticker star....like 1:1 influence almost. The only reason I enjoy this more is because it's free and because of the excitement of an early leak.

Average rating from anons here is 5-6/10

It already came out?

Battles would go at least a bit faster if the sorting wasn't so fucking stupid.
>let's put the items you'll rarely ever use at the front
>let's also not include different sorting options

It's pretty good.

its not good, dont listen to the retards
its nice everything but the shit gameplay

Writing is leagues better, hell even the story is a bit better.
Gameplay is improved, and boss fights are intense and well made

Still, battle system is similar to sticker star's. They just made the enemies better so overall gameplay is better

> nice everything
Even nice story and characters?

No. It actually comes out in 2 weeks but it leaked like 3 days ago and people already finished it.

Did you play sticker star? This game is sticker star but with slightly better dialouge and areas

I gave ss a 3/10, i would give this a VERY generous 5/10

Dont waste your money

Oh scrap!

>Dont waste your money
>Implying anyone would buy this turd of a game

By the time this game comes out, anyone who was interested in it will have already finished it.

Wii U game + Sticker Star 2.0 + 2 weeks early leak = no sales at all. This game will be a gigantic flop.

not really, just nice, never reaches good writing
2nd worst writing in paper mario series

Better than both SS and SPM. It's up to TTYD and PM64 standards.

How the fuck did a whole game get leaked weeks before release? What is Nintendo even doing?

Yeah, I thought about it too. Shit ideas and incompetent workers all around. I wonder if they'll learn or just stay shit. Only time will tell.

The Koopaling Cycle

>mario game is announced
>koopalings revealed
>"ree too many koopalings! you're sick of koopalings"
>game comes out
>koopalings turn out to be among the best parts of the game

>How the fuck did a whole game get leaked weeks before release?
Nintendo fucked up by providing the unlock key along with the preorder/preload for those who purchased it on the eshop.

I paid nothing and still feel ripped off.

The only hope this game has is people who pirated but liked the game enough to buy it and Nintendrones

It's Sticker Star 2 with prettier graphics and lame music.

was it free or just leaked for people who pre ordered?

So at what rate is the awareness that you can download Color Splash for free at?

It was leaked for people who preordered.

Lets be real here: the main and only reason this will never be good is the gameplay. Artsyle and music is a bonus to me when playing games, but the main thing is that I should be enjoying myself, not struggling to find an otherwise impossible boss' weakness.

Hello buddy,

the game is extremely shit.

Graphics:
Stunning, beautiful. The best graphics I've ever saw in games.

Music:
Cool, but nothign more, lacks the charisma of the Paper Mario 64 and TTYD.

Mario has no dub, no "Oh Yeah" or little funny stuff that he used to do in TTYD.

Story:
There is no story, just a bunch of excuses so you can beat the stages.

No story. No Exp. Toad only. Final Destination.

Stages:
The game would be very fast if I didn't try to paint everything, the game is awakening my OCD. lol

It is not as cool as looking for Star Shards, but I feel like they did it because they needed to have a excuse for you to explore and to fight.

Gameplay:
Sticker Star, but a little more polished.

They fucked up the jump timing, it is in a different position now, and it is standard to all enemies, which is very different from Mario RPG and Paper Mario series, where the timing would change according to the enemy.

You fight to make your Paint Bucket get bigger, but that's it.

No badges, the collectables are pretty shit.

To sumarize:
The game is pretty shit, it is Sticker Star but polished. Paper Mario is dead.

To be fair, the koopalings as characters have never been bad. I think people are more mad that they're being used for the nth time. Doesn't mean people hate them as characters.

Ohhh don't event get to that, it is HORRIBLE.

They should let you create decks, you know?

I'm full of restore items in the first cards. Holy shit, I always have to roll the screen to find the actually fighting cards.

It is so shit, it is beyond accetable.

Only 1 file too, if you want to play again you need to delete your game.

They could say that about the koopa troop in general and they probably should, the koopaling are a comparatively tiny part of them. And unrelatef but it still feels weird for 8-Bits to be on Bowser's side, to me. But hey I guess they needed a place to go. In YI they're just sort of around, in SMRPG they joined the Smithy Gang, and in PM they started to get it together on their own until Mario defeated their general.