stabbing him until he has 0 health

Patience.

_______________________________git gud_______________________________

Zweihander.

Dragonslayer Greatshield
>38 strength
>85% lightning reduction
>tons of stability

You'll be able to block an entire attack strings and still have energy to roll.

This. Just don't fuck up your dodges and you should be fine. He only does slow 2-4 hit combos.

Seriously fuck off!

I'm coming here at lvl 76 having not yet finished the main game, having only got 10 Estus Flasks etc etc.

What level are you meant too fight him at?

Just roll a bunch, then hit him. He's a cakewalk compared to wyvern.

Stop being shit

Keep rollan.

Dodge his attacks by using the roll button, and attack him in between his attacks.

Actually fucking up your dodges is helpful in this fight. NK staggers all of his attacks so if you happen to have a slow reaction time you are already going to be good at this mother fucker. I'm terrible at these games cuz I'm old and slow but I'm a god against this bitch.

That's not what fucking up means.

His attacks are slow to throw off your dodges. Just be patient. Or use a really good shield and just block

Pretty sure its 95% lightning reduction.

Stab his ass with Ice Rape-ier

You havent even said your build. Kind of hard to give tips when you could be anything.

Hit it til it dies.
Don't get hit.

I can't REACH him thats the problem.

I'm still stuck on the fucking Dragon! You literally CANNOT avoid its fire attacks when its leaps into the air.

76 is sounds fine. What's your stats spread?

you hit it whilst avoiding getting hit, it will eventually die

>fuck off
well what do you want to hear if you press B 65 times he instantly dies just keep at it hit him and roll don't get hit if you have gotten that far there is no reason you cant beat him don't get all pissed off about it you aren't losing anything but time so just do it slow

>equip estoc
>beat him
>lose will to play again because a poke needle out damages great swords R1 for R1 while being much faster and using much less stamina

The dragon only takes 1 hit to kill it. What are you doing wrong?

You git a summon

I agree that the flame breath thing is a big roadblock if you don't know how to deal with it.

The moment the faggot dragon flies up (to do flame breath, not circling for NK's spear) you have to IMMEDIATELY run away from him. Jumping at the end also helps.

You can, if you know it's coming. But you really shouldn't provoke it in the first place.
The fire breathe attack it does when it flies up in the air is meant to PUNISH you for trying to cheese the fight by standing in the boss' blind spot.

You summon. I have no shame in doing so

Be a pussy & use a bow.

It has a distinct start up animation. Try to memorize it and literally just run the fuck away when you see it.

First phase is easy, smack head until stagger and finish off.

Second phase just dodge until you get his attack patterns. He's a pretty simple dude. Run AWAY to heal, far away, otherwise he will try to punish.

If you want to "cheese" it just get a shield with high stability and lightning resist, super easy.

you can beat him, like any other boss in DaS series, on 1 level with bare hands you fucking creting.

GIT FUCKING GUD

>almost beat him on second try
>30 tries later and finally win
every time.

Theres my stats.

Does this even work?
He'll just keep coming towards you and you can't exploit him from anywhere.

You can kill him at SL 1 with default deprived gear. 10 estus is plenty for him. In short, u can do it!

Pathetic. All that for a "YOU WIN" screen.

>get to Nameless king first time
>beat the Wyven stage
>use all estos doing it
>think that is the whole boss fight
>it goes to the second stage
>mfw

Since youre willing to invest in STR then just do this: The shield pretty much makes the second form a joke.

I know that feel. Fortunately once you get used to it you won't waste any Estus on it anymore.

Equip the Carthus Bloodring for the extra roll invincibility and be equipped correctly for lightning damage.

He's not too bad honestly only the staggered attacks are annoying but after 1 or 2 tries you should get them down.

>Equip the Carthus Bloodring
Worst advice ever.
If a shitters gets even with DS3 million iframes dodges, he's gonna get hit with the Bloodring as well. Except this time he'd have halved armor values, so he'd die much faster.

For the dragon stay in front of him and don't try to stab at its feet or it will fly up do the fire attack which is obnoxious to dodge. You best chance for getting hits in it when it breaths fire on the ground. When you see its head pull back run away and then around the flame and back in and you can get 3-4 good attacks in. The only attack that's hard to dodge is when he charges his spear with lighting and smacks it down. It's hard to focus on both the dragon and and the nameless king so it can be tough to time the dodge on it.

For the mano a mano you can either get a good shield and tank the hits or learn the timing on the dodge. Personally I preferred to just roll through everything. It'll piss you off trying to get the timing down, but he telegraphs everything he's doing very obviously so it'll click eventually and you'll fuck him up.

Don't let the git gud shitters get you down. Don't give up.

I'm guessing he's losing due to not getting the roll timing right. With it should fix it unless hes actually that bad then nothing will help him except playing better.

You're fine, just keep going at him, maybe take a break if you're getting frustrated, you'll learn eventually and will hate yourself when your realize how simple it was

Just don't get greedy. If you're really worried, wait until he does his big lightning slam before hitting him, but you can easily fit attacks in between most of his strikes if you aren't using like a greatsword or something

youtube.com/watch?v=yd87B4MbtpQ

Dont give up.

The tedious dragon fight before the main one completely ruins the overall enjoyment of this boss.

>tedious
Hit the head, idiot.

Make no mistake, 20 something attempts to solo him with my str build isn't easy nor fun

>hit the head that's constantly out of reach or on the other side of the arena when it takes off every 30 seconds

TEDIOUS
E
D
I
O
U
S

Whats this 'hit the head' thing about?

The head is the weak spot. You do considerably more damage than if you'd hit legs for example. Also hitting the head staggers it opening for a visceral attack that does a fuckton of damage.

If you deal enough damage to the dragon it will stagger allowing free critical hit.

Pyromancy

you literally cant.
artifical difficulty doing its job.

Is NG+ worth it like it was in previous titles?
Whats the benefit?
I feel like i'll have to do NG+ to get to SL 120.

how annoying is dark souls 2?
consider i hate bosses with adds and all of them are shit

You can beat him without ever leveling you dumb nigger, git gud trash shitter.

The only thing that changes is +2/+3 items.

>all the usual git gud trumpeting
Fuck off back to your dsg containment with that shit you niglet fatherless autists

OP, level up to 90, put points into vit and either Str or Dex, the two ways I found were either to summon someone who distracts him and then you can whoop him from the back when he's off the dragon, or do the slower crossbow trick keeping him at a distance.

It is a decent-good game, it is a bad-decent Dark Souls game.

Objective factual ranking:

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS > DaS2.

That said, all of these games have flaws, just different ones.

Warriors of Sunlight

Do not lock on camera during phase one, you can get free damages with throwing knives, never go under the dragon. The camera and fucked depth perception is the hardest part for first form.

Second form is a problem for me, I get one shoted if I'm under 80% health, no error margin.

Bow + Arrows. You probably think I'm joking.

Rings.

>slower crossbow trick keeping him at a distance.
Could you explain this'

If you're not going for a high str build, this is a heavy roll fight. You'll get the timings down pretty fast. As the for the dragon, just stick close to it. Keep under it's head. You should be so close to it that you have time to rush past it's head when it spews flame. You'll need to pick up on the cues for when it flies into the air to do that big fuck you attack. At that point you just have to book it as far away as possible.

Only thing in ng+ is better rings that arent really worth it. The improvments are pretty small for most of the upgraded rings. Theres nothing new othervise than trying out your build fully since most builds are "ready" at the end of the game.

Bow and arrow for the boring but safer route

you should be ashamed of that
I beat him SL1, pleb

I don't think i've seen a thread on From Software / DaS that has been this genuinely helpful to OP or as encouraging to those asking questions.
How surprising.

you're underleveled AF retard

It's on YouTube, just search for the boss name. You partly deserve the flak youre getting for not just going to YouTube first.

nameless is easy as fuck with a crossbow
literally just keep him at midrange and pew pew, he either does his shitty jump attack or just slowly walks forward and eats crossbow bolts

Roll > R1 > Roll > R1 > repeat

Well it's pretty late so shitposters are usually asleep.

OP's been told to time his dodges better, or try to cheese the fight with a greatshield.
Bosses in Souls games usually don't have a super secret fool-proof method of beating them.

It has a sound cue, evertime the dragon is about to spit fire, it roars. Then its either the one he flies up and you sprint away or the close range fire, where you sprint towards it neck and attack it

Keep your attention to all details, most bosses have cues for certain attacks

Bed of chaos

level up more you fucking imbecile, you're too bad to beat him at a lower level

I'm not sure if you're ignoring that he said "usually," or if you're implying there's a super secret fool proof method of beating Bed of Chaos. It basically tells you where to hit it.

I've found that the best strategy is to hit him until he dies.

this, i was sad but hey it's just... not....fair!

>STR build
>Didnt use dragonslayer greatshield
You just made it harder on yourself intentionally didnt you.

I was just being contrary, but it doesn't tell you where to hit it, how would anyone know they need to crawl under the faggot thing to find the bug

If you wanted to be contradictory just mention capra demon. The stone armor set makes the fight a complete joke.

Get one of the crest shields with 85% damage reduction against lightning + the ring who boosts lightning resistance. Against the dragon wait until he does a firebreath go to his head until he is staggered then slash his eye. Dragon done.

For king himself shield up, be really in his near roll roll slash roll roll slash. Don't forget the shield

>it doesn't tell you where to hit it
The big glowing spheres aren't telling you where to hit it?
>how would anyone know they need to crawl under the faggot thing to find the bug
Probably the blatant path that opens up after beating the aforementioned glowing spheres.

That's pretty much how I killed him on my first try.

>blocking with a medium shield
Medium shields are just not viable in DS3, unless you pump a fuckton of points into endurance. If you want to block go tower shields, and if you want to parry - buckler or caestus.

How the dlc will work? Is it better to access it with a new character? I'm sl 100 post game, being overleveled doesn't sounds fun

Ask again after it drops.

Just watching these random n-hit combos makes me mad.

I need to do an Astora UGS playthrough.

Dunno user, I blocked everything with that. Especially his super thunder just did 1/4 or less damage against me (luck/faith build) lightning buff against the dragon, holy(?) buff against king.

Everyone will probably stay at the 120 meta regardless of the dlc. Im just wondering how to access it since From always puts dlc shit in the most vague locations.

Soul level 100 is NOT overleveled.

120 is the Meta Cap i believe.

>SL 100
>post game
>muh meta
I'm SL~250 at NG+2 after getting all the cheevos.
PvP fags whined about Soul Memory in DS2 because they were too stupid to realize you're supposed to push into the final tier of SM.
This is the only true way of playing Souls games.

I think whatever the dude gives you in the Cleansing Chapel will allow us to get inside that one painting in the room in Irithyll with the silver knights.

You think it's a painted world again?

Pyromancy rapes him into the ground. Otherwise cry and start memorizing

STR, sorcery and pyromancy all rape him. Pure dex and faith are the ones that cry since they have no obvious solutions.

The tidbit that would have spared me 80% of my deaths against Nameless King: Don't try to parry him. You can't.

Miyazaki confirmed it's another painted world.
Knowing that, I went back into that room I mentioned and took a look at the paintings. One of them looks a bit similar to what we've seen of the DLC, and even has a dude in a cloak with a sword.

he was one of the easier bosses in the game

???

On my first character I beat him on lvl 58 with 8 estus. Just get your roll timings right faggot.

Switch out chloranty and magic stoneplate for more defenisve rings. Thunder stoneplate and life ring or something.

technically you could beat him at any lvl. just keep trying and trying and eventually you will beat him, that simple. That's how the game is.

screenshot pls

Alright, gimme a minute.

maybe the apparent small path that leads right to it, that appear when you can hit it

If you're still here, here it is. Some things were acting fucky and giving me a hard time.

Wow, pretty interesing mate, I have like 2 months of not playing DS3 and I don't remember this

I just figured since it's a painted world, we're obviously going into a painting and that was the only room I could think of with paintings. It wasn't even until that point that I realized it looked a bit like whats in the DLC.

It kinda looks like Irithyll with Firelink Shrine at the backmost layer, but that can't be possible. Hmm I wonder what the second DLC will be… guesses?

>relying on levels to carry you through the game

I considered it might just be Irithyll, but it's just snowing there, it's not frozen over like in the painting. And I compared that tower to the one we see in the DLC gameplay video where he fights that big dude.
We'll have to wait and see, but I can't think of where else we'd have to go in order to reach Ariandel.

It kinda looks like it, perhaps from another angle

Crossbow at midrange. YouTube it.

>Or use a really good shield and just block
My first kill I used a Lothric Knight Great shield. It made it super easy.

Carthus ring that gives you extra rolling iframes. Bonfire before Wolnir, keep going right away from the boss and drop down the hole. Ring is at the end.

on the first try

git gud

Wow... I always knew Cred Forums was full of scrubs. But finding NK so hard that you have to make a post about it? Dear lord I can't imagine how miserable it must be to be utterly terrible at your favourite hobby.

Same person

lol

Spam roll like any other boss.