Let's be honest here: No matter how good FFXV is, it won't save console gaming in Japan

Let's be honest here: No matter how good FFXV is, it won't save console gaming in Japan.

The NX being either a hybrid or different devices that all play the same cartridges is the only thing that could possibly save it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm a annoyed that XV has a whole "wider audience" tag on it. They wanna copy the west yet they don't know how to actually accomplish this. Fuck.

It really seems misguided.

They are trying to "westernize" Final Fantasy but they're doing it in a way that still puts western mainstream off.

>it won't save console gaming in Japan

You're right, Yakuza will as usual.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY

It works for me. I love westaboo takes on Americana.

>Let's be honest here: No matter how good FFXV is

Not an argument.

All signs point to at least pretty good. The minigames already put it several steps over XIII.

It's just XV-kun. He has a thread that opens like this then says people wouldn't appreciate it.

Fuck off already XV-kun.

>it won't save console gaming in Japan.

What's going on? Is PC catching on more? I heard they are mostly console over there.

This. They have no idea how shitty the US is and make it seem charming again

>What's going on? Is PC catching on more? I heard they are mostly console over there.

No, they're mostly handhelds and mobile over there.

There's a reason why Vita games are still being made.

>No matter how good FFXV is, it won't save console gaming in Japan.
persona 5 is though

Isn't the main character a literal cuckold?

>All signs point to at least pretty good

PC is growing, but it's still so small it may as well not exist.

The rest of Japan is abandoning everything for phones.

samefag

all signs point to it being a broken piece of shit

Is this really a thing? Konami's been on a decline ever since their switch to mobile.

people have been saying console gaming is dying for years but time and time again it keeps coming back. I doubt its going anywhere anytime soon.

>swery65 will never go back to work

Saw this at EGX on Sunday. Thought it was a GTAV mod or something not a fucking FF game. Holy shit they killed it with fire, badly.

>D4 will never be continued or finished for that matter
>ask when the next episode is coming out
>he follows me in response
True suffering.

At least we're finally getting the Silver Case on the 7th. Cold comfort, but it's something.

A gimmicky console with rehashed titles wont save console gaming in Japan at all.

Unless there's a massive trend change; its going to be mobile all the way.

Console gaming in Japan isn't exactly in danger. Sure, mobileshit is popular, but consoles'll chug along no matter what.

So, is FFXV coming to PC?
Squeenix had been releasing an awful lot of FF and their other IPs on Steam recently.

Not for another three years at least by their own admission.

Fuck off nintendrone

It's always had this. And I was excited for it because initially when a certain patent leaked a few years ago there was going to be options for a casual more automated combat system and one for muh hardcore players.

I thought this game was going to break the boundaries of casual pandering, and create something that would be good for everyone, meaning pandering to casuals and hardcore audiences. Given the AAA budget of this game I was hoping it would have an impact on the industry and show devs that you can make a game accessible without sacrificing features and depth.

Guess I was wrong.

I don't know, but according to Famitsu FFXV is most wanted game in Japan right now. Persona was 300 votes behind, now Pokemon is 200 votes behind since P5 is already released.

>300 votes behind
On how many votes total?

1000+ first place FFXV

>it won't save console gaming

consoles were fucked the moment sony & ms turned them into low spec living room PC's, japan knows this, OP however is slow as always

Confirmed that was an old build "cut" from the first master version. It's even older then the TGS demo.

Why you guys so fucking defensive? "confirmed old build blah blah", the fuck? Its absolutely fucking normal to game have glitches and crashes in not final version.

I agree. I was pointing out that the version played at egx is the build Tabata didn't want to release in 3 days from now because there were bugs.

Can't be, foilage is much better than the Master Version. UI for button prompts is also of the newer version.
Besides there was never an official word on it, stop spouting bullshit.

TGS build had a little bit different UI and menu's but who knows.

The button prompts are the same as the GC version but it is a different build