Tomorrow marks 10 years since the release of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in Japan

Tomorrow marks 10 years since the release of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl in Japan.

Can't wait for the DP remake on NX.
I haven't played a Pokemon game in a while

So if they were remaking these games, what would you call them and what would you add to them?

Nice.
I actually really like Gen 4, gets alot of undeserved hate.
Same with Gen 5.

10 years since the Japanese release of the last good Pokemon gen.

Neat.

I actually like DP more than Platinum.

I think Hoenn is among the regions with the best atmosphere even though I never see people talk about it all that much. I mean think about it. Gen 1 is great if you play it as a kid, Gen 2 is kind of boring if you look past the wow factor of being able to revisit Kanto, Gen 3 has too much water for my liking, (I never played 5 so I can't say anything) and 6 was just disappointing.

Fuck, I meant Sinnoh.

Platinum>BW2>HG/SS>emerald>FR/LG>everything else.

Platinum>BW2>HG/SS>BW>emerald>FR/LG>everything else.

Platinum>BW2>HG/SS>emerald>BW>FR/LG>everything else.

Can we agree at least that Platinum was fucking good?

It definitely does have the best atmosphere. Mt. Coronet's themes and atmosphere are probably my favorite thing in Pokemon.

>Shining Diamond and Radiant Pearl
>Expanded Battle Frontier
>Expanded Underground
>More fire types
>Make honey trees work better so i can actually use heracross and snorl4x
Small stuff like that
Honen is up there too, the water never bothered me.
Also i completely agree about Gen 1.
I'm replaying Yellow and its a slog to get through, it has aged like milk.
Though it has a certain charm to it that keeps me going.

Diamond and Pearl was officially where I lost interest in Pokemon.

I wasn't that I thought it looked bad or anything, but I played all previous games religiously, hell I only owned a color/advanced because of those games. With DP I just felt like Pokemon was completely burnt out for me.

Eternal Diamond and Lustrous Pearl

Add Platinum post game to both.

Distortion world is available as a post game quest.

Cresselia and Darkrai are a post game quest that are time sensitive.

Regis are all available after e4, Regigigas in the temple but has a couple of Totem style battles as gates.

Arecus event like Delta Episode where the player character is struck by lightning at the Spear Pillar and appear to go to a heavenly place and fight Arceus. When you wake up if you caught it, it's just a ball in front of you to interact with.

Make it so you can get Rotom after Cut like in Platinum, and having Rotom starts a quest in Jubilife with Looker and the Rotom forms are in the basement.

Make it so every Pokemon line in the Sinnoh dex is available before e4.

Following Pokemon ala HG and SS.

Crazy Diamond and Pearl Harbour.

everyone hates Sinnoh because its slow but, i dont mind it. its the most complete Pokemon region were you can do plenty of side quests/activities and catch a large verity of pokemons.

the atmosphere was very comfy at times.

>Venus Diamond and Neptune Pearl
>instead of Distortion World at the game's climax, Cyrus using Dialga/Palkia's power actually causes temporal/spatial distortions to the world and makes Spear Pillar into a dungeon similar to Distortion World
>Arceus post-game plot where months after the events of the game Cyrus, since in DP he isn't trapped in the DW and continues to search for a way to create a new world, has discovered the Azure Flute and tries to take control of Arceus in its full power
>online Underground with every real life region getting its own Underground as well as user community Undergrounds
>basically everything from Platinum except Pluto, how you get your starters, and the climax
>Platinum Frontier gets two new facilities
>Pokemon dress up for contests carries over to battle with customization similar to Attachments in recent Tales of games

kek

Since HGSS the "version" part at least matches the JP logo

It has some of the best music in the series but i hate the pokemon.
They'd need to refresh the wild pokemon pool for me to be interested in it, I dropped ORAS because i couldn't get any pokemon i liked in it until the late game.