How could you say he isn't a tank? He has everything a tank needs

How could you say he isn't a tank? He has everything a tank needs.

>no means to protect the team other than blocking shots with his fat gut
>can't stay in the open for long due to lack of shield or armor
>He has everything a tank needs.
No. If being a priority target due to easy hitbox makes you a tank, Mercy is also one.

He has a lot of surviviability thanks to sheer amount of HP and a great self heal though. He's supposed to be targeted by the enemy team, and help your Mercy build her ult by keeping heal on him. He can also yank their priority squishies with hook and instakill them from halfway across the map.

Not all tanks need shields. He's good at starting engagements and drawing aggro. He also helps your healers build charge.

>He has a lot of surviviability
He doesn't. He's the fattest tank with no shield, no mobility and no armor. Large health pool doesn't mean anything if even Tracer and D.VA can easily kill you. His effective HP is by far the lowest in tank class.
>t.Hog mains
LMAOing at your lyfe, buddy

Healers can charge themselves off anything, if healers are healing you, YOU are the one who gets screwed because you need self-heal to charge your own ult. Hog is only good at charging enemy team ults, you know why? Because shooting shields doesn't charge you up. Shooting fatty does.
>He's good at starting engagements
He's terrible at starting engagements because health only pool makes him go down extremely fast when focused. Good hog stays in the back, not pushing.

tanks in Overwatch do several things.
Protect their team by shielding damage in some way
Being, generally, difficult to remove.
Disrupting the enemy.

Roadhogs is the of number three, and people constantly complain about his ability to do number two. he's simply weighted that way for his skills.

>Hog is universally made fun of for being shit tank
>NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, HE'S JUST A DIFFERENT KIND OF TANK
Yeah, a shitty one.

He's pretty good though. He also supports the team by keeping flankers off of your supports and out of your backline.

Now you understand. He's a fat offense, not a tank.

except he does the roles of a tank in the game.

Roadhog is a free ulti charge dispenser for both teams

Not really. Offensive characters don't play in the backline, they should be in the enemies face or flanking.

If your dying to tracer as road. You are bad.

If your dying to D.Va as road your extremely bad

He is a tank by being a 600 hp 300 hp healing monster that the enemy must focus and power down or he will get key picks and win the team fight in the first few seconds.

He doesn't block damage intended for other teammates, he absorbs damage that would go to them by being a big enough threat that he must be focused down.

>Offensive characters don't play in the backline
>what is McRee

>t.gold league player
Sure buddy.

McReee should be moved to defense. No mobility and he's best supporting another character

McCree doesn't really play backline man.

Your experience in quick play doesn't represent the way the game is usually played.

WHY THE FUCK DOES NO ONE LIKE HER?

Yeah, but my understanding of top level matches does.

she is hands down the most annoying character. even Genji is less annoying because he can't change direction instantly and disengage while restoring health.

plus she does FOUR HUNDRED AND EIGHTY damage with one clip if you aren't shit

I like her. I would like to play her, but I'm too much of a scrub do to anything meaningful with her.

It's painful to be bad at vidya.

You "top matches" in silver league don't represent actual competitive scene, sorry.

I love her, but I am an FPS god

For all my failings in life, atleast having 20 years of FPS experience under my belt gives me access to the fun hobby of picking any shooter and absolutely wrecking everyone in it. I've been playing that ghost in the shell first assault f2p game. It's just a slaughter. It feels like I'm only fighting kids who are playing it because it's free, 5-9 kd every match. I just keep getting better too.

hes a shit tank and heres why
>no real ability to survive/ tank mid fight, E mid fight is suicide
>self heal largely irrelevant when 2 healer is common tactic
>situational ult that is easily disrupted
>poor pusher, very easily zoned from his optimal hook range and has no mobility to compensate, only meat shielding and outsustain the dps which is ineffective because it builds ult for enemies
his hook is a cheesy as fuck ability but its mostly only decent on defense or koth, would not go offense with him

You can assume my rank all you want, but I was never talking about myself. I mean from watching actual pro players. Mccree is strong as fuck flanking. His effective range is very long, but it's not long to the point where players just hang it in the back all day.

I also find it funny that you call me silver and gold for funnies, but not platinum. Could you be a plat shitter yourself?

Because even platshitters are not retarded enough to assume McRee is a flanker.

Roadhog is a tank and he is ment to soak some dmg then hide and heal since it has a really short cd. Also with mercy he doesnt even have to move. Hes op as fuck.

He can take more hits than D.va, but protect no one but himself.

You're an idiot, kek

I push and grab the other teams healers and small characters, Roadhog can destroy most of them, just culling the herd. Winston get destroy be Roadhog as well.

>talking shit about the only hero who can downright survive some characters ults