What is the absolute best skyrim mod setup?

What is the absolute best skyrim mod setup?

>Lighting
>Climate
>Textures
>Water
>Grass
>Trees
>Weapon/Armor
>Models/Hair
>Girls
>Dragons

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/essential
youtube.com/watch?v=4qQD1VO69Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=a5WM8ejvC8g
youtube.com/watch?v=8M56N0tD0lU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc9c7gPl0M8
tesgeneral.com/waifu
steamcharts.com/app/292030
steamcharts.com/app/72850
youtube.com/watch?v=tVOHnl-eVXU
tesgeneral.com/graphics
youtube.com/watch?v=PV6iggbZAx4
youtube.com/watch?v=MSFH0kT9fI8
tesgeneral.com/skyrim-guide
tesgeneral.com/enb
youtube.com/watch?v=RxQ1JN_X-_Y&list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP
youtube.com/watch?v=Mxl59pFXhTU&list=PLE7DlYarj-De1YrWupbcesibJIRZkMVB8
youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZQpzf_iAE&list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just wait for the special edition to come out dumbass.

You literally need thousands of mods to make that piece of shit enjoyable.

>thinking Todd's improvements are better than community-made
>being this much of a mindless consumer

>he thinks he knows better than a professional games developer with years of experience making hugely successful games

>What is the absolute best skyrim mod setup?

whatever you like user. make the game your own. you dont have to install 8k textures and fotoreeeel enb, there's lots of of different graphics one from pretty light to super heavy intensive ones. pick out whatever you like.

some stuff like water though there's like 2 good mods, because its fucking water.

weapons, armor and shit is totally your call, install whatever strikes your fancy.

>paying for an objectively worse version of skyrim
Typical Cred Forumstard, fuck off.

tesgeneral.com/essential

>going through the effort of waiting months and paying full price for the same game you already bought 5 years ago just for an added piss filter
The remaster is objectively worse than the PC game that came out 5 years ago.
You're an actual moron if you buy it.
Kill yourself you waste of oxygen.

>the developers know best! Todd Howard and Sean Murray are geniuses!
We live in an age now where successful games and good games are oftenly two different things.
Enjoy sucking the cocks of triple A mass consumer appeal garbage.

>wanting to be spoonfed instead of googling yourself

SE is just Bethesda's 2K textures + a piss filter and inability to add mods that use SKSE.

>What is the absolute best skyrim mod setup?
you can make the game pretty
you can't fix the combat
either bethesda gives modders full control on custom attack animations and they let the community fix their lazy shitty games, or they update/change their engine themselves.
both scenarios will never happen

>you can't fix the combat
Yes you can.

please point me to mods that improve melee combat. There's a dodge button mod by tktk, that one helps, but there are no mods that fix the terrible melee combat itself.

t. Dumbass

>For combat mechanics and NPCs:
ULTIMATE COMBAT
ACTION COMBAT
COMBAT EVOLVED
ORDINATOR
REVENGE OF THE ENEMIES
ASIS
Attack Commitment
TK DODGE
Archery Gameplay Overhaul or Nock to tip
DUAL WIELD PARRYING
Unlocked Grip

>For spells
Colorful Magic
Forgotten Magic
Witchhunter Spells
Prayers Pack
Paladin spell pack
Apocalypse magic

>For more encounters
THE WALKING DEAD
IMMERSIVE PATROLS
EXTENDED ENCOUNTERS
OBIS
IMMERSIVE CREATURES - lore friendly patch
Extensible Follower Framework - more followers because more enemies in general
Convenient Horses
Ultimate Dragons
World eater beater

>For Looot
Immersive Armors
Lore Weapons Expansion
Insanity Shields
Third Era - Dwemer
Realswords Imperial and Nord
Arcania Armory
B-D-Y-E-B Shield Mod
Dawnguard Arsenal
Heavy Armory
WEAPONIZER
Bobs Armory
Horker Weapons Revised

>misc/enchanments/racials
Dragon Soul Relinquishment
Thunderchild
Imperious
Disparity
More Draconic Dragon Aspect
Winter Myst

Just a quick demonstration/summary
youtube.com/watch?v=4qQD1VO69Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=a5WM8ejvC8g
youtube.com/watch?v=8M56N0tD0lU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mc9c7gPl0M8

This will make your game Soulslite (parrying, dodging and attack commitment) + more of a traditional RPG (racial and classes) + Mount and Blade scale of outdoors skirmishes
Not to mention that the NPCs will be smarter and more challenging and numerous. That will be countered with more followers on your side that you can command mid-fight.

For graphics and pretty much everything else visit tesgeneral.com

>no gameplay mod
graphic whores

lots of these mods should be on tesgeneral

A lot of them are. I just added Action Combat and Combat Evolved IIRC.

do not mod it

Easiest bait of my life.

bait

>I was only pretending to be retarded
You got me good user.

Don't let yourself get upset that you feel for my masterful ruse kiddo.

t. console cucks

Pc is getting it for free

>that water
>trees not shit
>mountains not shit
surely this is some ini modding right?

It baffles me that you people spend so much time trying to salvage the unsalvageable instead of just picking up a good game instead.

The basics are:

- Natural Lighting and Atmospherics enb and Realistic Lighting Overhaul for light
- Climates of Tamriel and True Storms for weather
- Realistic Water Two and Pure Waters for water
- UUNP and Bodyslide for female bodies
- Apachii and SG for hair

For the rest there's lots of texture mods, kind of depends on preference mostly.

How?

Name one game that's even a 10th as good as modded Skyrim.

Even fucking vanilla Oblivion.

Pathetic attempt. Oblivion is a complete piece of shit even compared to vanilla Skyrim.

Why do you Skyrimfags waste so much time modding Skyrim? Why not just buy Witcher 3 and download first person mod? It is literally a better Skyrim. I don't understand you faggots. When you are using first person mod you can ignore Geralt and actually pretend that you are playing as your own character.

>All that time to install 500 mods
>All that time fixing mods that don't work
>All that time fixing crashes and downloading patches
>Dealing with constant 30-40 fps with Enb mods
>Dealing with missing textures, shit animations, bugs after all that patching and modding
>The game is still bad

Why not just play Witcher 3 instead? It is basically a much better pre-modded Skyrim.

I played and beat W3. It's a good game but I don't like Geralt that much.

except for the 1000 times you do a cutscene right retard? I'm sure I can ignore Geralt

This coming from someone that prefers wicther 3. Stop being such a fucking shill

@353079149
You can do better than that son. You're not getting a (You) until you apply yourself.

>Apachii
You're crazy.

tesgeneral.com/waifu

There really aren't any other games quite like Skyrim. For some reason, no one has tried to copy and improve upon the Bethesda style.

>Why not just buy Witcher 3 and download first person mod? It is literally a better Skyrim.
Not if you want to play any character class that isn't a witcher.

>What is Witcher 3?

Modded Skyrim is a great /tg/ core game. To call it "unsalvageable" is to parrot.

A completely different style of game.

I don't like being a witcher. Let alone the one who is already a character.

Or mod the game in any meaningful way.

>Why not just buy Witcher 3 and download first person mod
first person mod doesn't support combat, in combat you get booted to the third person

>a 5 year old game is currently played by more people than witcher 3

steamcharts.com/app/292030

steamcharts.com/app/72850

Hold my sides

Serenity ENB

> Textures
Noble Skyrim
SMIM
Quality Snow HD 4K
Enhanced Blood Textures

> Models/Hair
Woman of Skyrim
Sporty CBBE
SG Hair pack 350
The Eyes Of Beauty

>A game that lets people make new content for it has more people still playing it than a game that doesn't
I'm not surprised.

How many different texture packs is too many?

Get a big overall texture pack and keep adding the minor clutter ones over it youtube.com/watch?v=tVOHnl-eVXU

Under textures tesgeneral.com/graphics

Don't use Bethesda's free DLC textures.

Fuck off this is bait.
Natural lighting and atmoshperics already comes with its own weather module so using Climates is utterly ridiculous. True stroms can be patched for NLA.
Only use one water mod, pure waters is best because of the color, but I use realistic waters' textures.
Oh, and don't use apachii.

You're actively misleading people.

>Everyone tells me that if I play without the sex mods I'm doing it wrong
>Install sex mods
>wank for like 10 minutes
>Feel bad and uninstall

Did I fall for a meme or are there people who actually play with sex mods all the time?

Just get 0sex for when you start caring about your waifu.

Its really up to you and what kind of play through you are doing. Most of the mods mentioned in thread are good enough. My enb of choice is sharpshooters but i havent really mesed around with other ones

It's got more to do with the fact that modders are not limited by hardware so strictly.
They can setups that utilize 6GB VRAM rigs.
Sure , it might not be implemented as efficiently as the developers would do it ( for instance post processing like ENB is an extreme resource hog) but it beats the watered down console oriented turd bethesda pushed.

A good game that has very limited character customization.

Am I the only one who barely mods the graphics at all?

Same here. Just have Noble Skyrim, Book of Silence, some weather mods and Bleak ENB.

>merely pretending

>barely

It's pretty minimal. I needed that tranquil bleak theme youtube.com/watch?v=PV6iggbZAx4 and proper rain youtube.com/watch?v=MSFH0kT9fI8

Guess I know how I'm spending my day.

Can I use non workshop mods with workshop mods. Like do I just place it in the similar folder workshop normally saves shit without any issues or hassle. I've been using workshop because just pressing a button has been really simple and easy for my lazy self but then I'm limited to whats in the workshop and I want dem nude mods and all the other cool shit.

Don't use the NLA weather module, CoT is better. You know you can just use NLA enb without the weather right?

And Apachii has lots of nice hairs.

You technically can, but you have no way of organizing mods from both sources. Workshop is an extremely limited tool that doesn't even manage load order, so expect conflicts with any sizeable amount of mods.

By all means, try. It's best if you understand from experience why mod managers are necessary.

That's still more than I have. I think the only graphics mod I have is W.A.T.E.R. I use a lot of mods to change how things look, but that's an art style thing, not a texture upgrade.

>Can I use non workshop mods with workshop mods.
You can but I'd recommend getting every mod that's also available on Nexus from Nexus instead and using it with Mod Organizer.

It's the best mod manager that is also risk free because it doesn't actually install and overwrite your files, it just makes virtual profiles that you can easily change without fucking anything up. You can also make multiple profiles for example you want a wacky, fantasy themed game with waifus, sex and colorful ENB while also keeping a dark themed, hardcore preset for later.

See tesgeneral.com/essential

>And Apachii has lots of nice hairs.
Nigga no, see tesgeneral.com/waifu

Also CoT is crap.

>spend weeks downloading and installing mods
>trying to find the best combination
>150+ mods
>game still isn't good

Can I just delete all my workshop mods and then start fresh with outside mods while on a playthrough I've started already. I don't want to have to start over again ree ;_;

this

fuck i want to mod it to ass but i know i won't play it for more than one hour

Insightful and very useful post my man.

List mods please?

The secret is balancing it out with regular gameplay. Just use a few soft gameplay mods like Defeat where defeat in combat can lead to rape, and maybe a few quests that involve sex. Keep it immersive and realistic. In my game sex is just something that happens occasionally as part of the regular game.

Texture packs and other purely aesthetic mods, yes, you can freely swith them mid-playthrough. But anything that puts an .esp file in your data folder is not guaranteed to work on an existing save.

You know Apachii is in that link you keep posting?

And CoT is objectively the best weather mod in every way: beauty, realism, and variation.

fug it I'm just going to pull the trigger

tesgeneral.com/skyrim-guide

You fucking retard you have to play with a boner, edging for hours until you cum when you're about to stop playing.
You're not supposed to wank off to the first shitty animation you see.

>You know Apachii is in that link you keep posting?
And it says that it's pretty old and that the majority of hairs there are out of place and plain ugly.

Just get SG and KS.

Removing mods mid-playthrough is generally a bad idea. You might be okay if all the mods you're using only add new weapons or something.

It wouldn't be difficult to keep using the mods you got from the Workshop without managing two sets of mods. All you'd have to do is take the esp file (and bsa file, if there is one) for the Workshop mod, put it into an archive, delete the plugin from your Skyrim folder, and then install the archive with NMM or MO just like you would for something you got from the Nexus.

You might not even have to do that, though, because most of the mods on the Workshop are also on the Nexus. For those mods, you could just unsubscribe to them on the Workshop and then install the Nexus version.

I don't know shit about ENBs but my favorite feature is sharpen. Any recommended ENB's that use the sharpen filter? No bloom pls.

this so much

in response to >COMBAT EVOLVED
>REVENGE OF THE ENEMIES
>ASIS
>TK DODGE
>Archery Gameplay Overhaul
>DUAL WIELD PARRYING
also not listed by him but i prefer "deadly combat" over ultimate but its just preference both are good

seriously with those mods melee combat is about 100% more visceral and exciting.
Makes the game feel much more dangerous, enemies will have perks and spells and potions and they will actually use them, you will get 2 shotted by a 2h weapon, you MUST rush spellcasters or you will be stunlocked to death and killed.. really its way better with these mods

because i didnt finish witcher 1 and 2

If I have a 960 where would my computer fall under in this ENB list? "okay" or "good"?

tesgeneral.com/enb

Good.

>still using ENB when Skyrim Reloaded is out

Enjoy your 40 FPS

So is Enderal worth playing?

Is this better than all the ENB's? I am looking at screenshots but its doesnt look all that impressive

Ye

You know, with how popular Skyrim modding is, I wonder why someone hasn't released an executable that installs the best graphics mods for you.

That'd be popular I bet.

> Feel bad and uninstall
I bet you probably going to install it again, waste hours to setup your mods, fap once, uninstall and then repeat again.
kys

>the best
That's highly subjective.

I'm sure there is a general consensus among the modding community.

Not as good looking as ENBs but it looks decent and it doesn't run bad which is the best part. It's still new so there aren't any presets like with ENBs yet but if you tweak it a bit it looks a lot better than the screenshots on the nexus page. Basically it's ambient occlusion, depth of field, coloring, etc most of what ENB provides, but it runs at 60 FPS.

If there were, there wouldn't be so many different mods in the first place.

Not really. You can have people bitching about different types of trees and their placement. Again, it's highly subjective because the there's a fuckton of options.

Horrible. ENB all the way senpai.

There really isn't. Just take grass mods for example, there's Verdant, Vurt's Flora Overhaul, Grass on Steroids, Unique Grasses and Groundcovers, Tamriel Reloaded, there's shitloads of them. And they all look different. Everyone has their own preferences, there's so many different mods for one thing now you can't say one is objectively better than the others.

Not shitting on non-ENB lighting mods, but they are completely different to ENBs. ENB's completely change the way lighting works and can make the game look like a whole different game, and using mods that simply tweak color, bloom, and contrast within the vanilla lighting engine simply cannot achieve the same looks as an ENB.

Like I said it doesn't look as good as ENB but it runs far better and I much prefer my framerate.

Skyrim Reloaded isn't a lighting mod. It's a graphics extender, built off the Oblivion Graphics Extender. Adding a number of graphic features such as ambient occlusion and better shadows to the vanilla game.

If I'm switching from workshop to non workshop mods how do I prevent the workshop from basically activating? Do I just unsubscribe/delete all the mods I already had and leave it blank or is there some different way I'm supposed to launch skyrim? what am I doing.

oh hey, Breton armor from TESO trailer

FUCKING SHIT REEEEE

Why isn't this shit simple I just want to set up an ENB and run some mods but it's been like two hours and nothing works just CTD. Is there a guide that hand holds? I'm running steam version of skyrim.

tesgeneral.com

step
tesgeneral
various shitty youtube channels (like that gopherfucker)

>All those
>None are gameplay related
You must have a good connection or don't mind waiting to setup your fap game

Finish the game 2 times but it is kind of boring when you don't have the variety in class.

>gopherfucker
God bless him. Has a patience of an angel and every retard can follow him along.

General youtube.com/watch?v=RxQ1JN_X-_Y&list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

ENB youtube.com/watch?v=Mxl59pFXhTU&list=PLE7DlYarj-De1YrWupbcesibJIRZkMVB8

Mod Organizer youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZQpzf_iAE&list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK

not him, but the troll planting bait was obvious enough. No one with common sense would say it's a good thing, thus he's looking for a rise. Cred Forums bites the hook every time too, just look at console war faggotry.

I'm just going to watch these videos then. Should I delete local files and re download to undue and fuckery I've done on my own?

Just using immersive shadows as far as graphic mods are concerned. Vanilla does a horrible job with shadows.

Dunno buddy, maybe a fresh clean install is the best idea. Again, you should use Mod Organizer because it uses virtual profiles instead of overwriting the files. This means that you won't be needing to reinstall after you fuck something up ever.

Check tesgeneral.com/essential

Im a big fan of Fallout 1 & 2 and i just discovered Fallout New Vegas...always thought its some bullshit dlc for fallout 3. ITS FUCKING AWESOME.

HOLY FUCK THAT TK DODGE VIDEO

WHY HAS NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS

I GAVE UP ON SKYRIM COMBAT MODS 3 YEARS AGO AHHHHHH

TK dodge was pretty crappy at first before 2.0 came and made it viable. Also Attack Commitment or Mortal Enemies are pretty much essential to go with it.

Start SMIM, Realistic Water 2 (it's my preference due to the enb textures with parallax), Enhanced Landscapes which means you'll have to use DynDOLOD if you want decent LODs.

I also use ELFX, and Perseid's Realistic Room Rental. For town's I use the Dawn of Skyrim Collection (not the director's cut), I also recommend the Skyrim AI Overhaul, it effectively replaces Run for Your Lives and Vampires Attack as well as expanding dialogue between NPCs that was cut and gives NPCs more believable schedules.

If you don't want potato children I reccomend RS Children as it is still the best as far as children visual overhauls go.

Bijin Wives/Warmaidens/NPCs all are pretty fantastic if you want certain female NPCs to recieve a face lift and someone has made an all in one .esp with compatibility with USLEEP iirc.

For armours I reccomend the CaBaL's textures.

Honestly have a look on tesgeneral.com as a decent start. If you're relatively new to the concept start with the STEP Guide instead.

Also: if you aren't already using MO, switch over ASAP. It'll make your life much easier.

Also: Clean your master files and merge your mods. Skyrim is much more stable the smqller your load order is, and merging your mods allows you to install more content as well.

Another thing to note: if you're on Win10, get a new SSD and dual boot Win7 on it otherwise you won't be able to use ENB to expand the amount of VRAM past 4GB if you have a card with more than 4GB of VRAM.

As a final note: avoid a script heavy load order, especially if you want to use some sex mods.

Well, TK Dodge by itself is useless since enemies have auto-tracking attacks, so you need to play it with a plethora of other mods.
The combat can be somewhat decent with that as far as punishing you for spamming attacks, but it's still shallow.

Just need Attack Commitment. Anything else just makes combat more punishing if you're a dumb.

Well if you don't use any other mods combat will still be based around mashing buttons since attacks have almost no damage in relation to the health pools, and enemies will still be retarded.
And the native difficulty slider is fucking useless because it just accentuates the problem.

>not using sexlab arousal and only fap when your character is aroused while normally playing the game otherwise

Yes, you're doing it wrong.

water is a console command that glitches the water out once, trees are sfo, and dynalod for the LOd

and a PRIVATE FUCK ING NLA preset he won't relese.

With Revenge of the Enemies and Ultimate Combat enemies get really smart, utilizing dodges, timed blocks and all that.

Installing all this will give you a decent challenge and gameplay far from braindead.

Is it inadvisable to mod skyrim and then try to use a save from before the game was modded? I would think so.

Depends on the mods you've installed but as a rule of thumb yeah.

Depends on the mod but not really, almost every mod works fine with an existing save unless the description explicitly says to start a new one.

I want a mod that puts all key items and characters in one area so that all the quests can be completed just by talking to the correct person. Like a matching section on a test.
This would go to show just how shallow Skyrimjob is. The whole game is one long fetch quest.
Would also be able to hear how few voice actors they used.

the one that makes it Morrowind of Oblivion

Undertale

You guys are posting like there are not a slew of youtubers that have compiled the best mods worth having.

Only other mods worth having are on the most endorsed (page 1-10) on Nexus.

>a PRIVATE FUCK ING NLA preset he won't relese
why not?

The one you enjoy the most.

>Oblivion
>better than Skyrim
nice meme

>Using ENB
>Not using Surreal Lighting
Ishygddt