Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He didn't know about the nuke capabilities

What else?

>nuke capabilities
so basically half of it's features

No you retard he did know about them.

He has been a sleeper cell agent this entire time dummy. He just never got a chance to kill old snake himself yet.

kojima san please go back to your twitter

He was just some kid that got out of college doing a government job that thought he was designing some cool shit. He knew but he was naive. He even knew about the railgun, he just didn't know it was for firing a nuke. He was told it was for anti-ICBM and believed them.

>kojima is a good writer
>MGS is a good game

who designed and implemented the PAL key system?

People who are that good at one thing are usually retarded in day to day life. At least most of the phd students/holders I know seem to lack a lot of very basic skills and outside of their specific field are kind of dumb.

So it has 2 features?

What's the other feature?

Being a giant robot that roars

Im asking him as I'm pretty sure there's more than 2

Because he copied half the design from his dad.

>build giant walking robot of death
>add a loudspeaker

>n-nuclear?

He should have known.

Kind of like how Sherlock Holmes doesn't know there are planets besides Earth because he needs all that brainspace to know about the different kinds of sand and soot in the various streets of London so he can recognize them on criminals.

>president of the United States
>no one even bothered that he looks like Solid Snake

'Features' as a whole can get a lot more into detail than simply just 'it has a fucking railgun'

>you will never wake up to news footage of George W Bush in power armor having a sword fight with some jackoff on the roof of a government building after a giant secret weapon crashes into New York

I think he was just being delusional about it to protect his fragile mind, he actually convinced himself Rex will be used for defense only, when anyone with a functional brain and basic knowledge of history and politics can tell you that is bullshit.
All he wanted was to make giant robots.

The science guy in Ghost Babel was made better in that aspect, you can see he was detached from reality only to be hit with harsh truth, and actually feel guilty about everything.

>spend your younger years fighting proxy wars and recruiting child soldiers
>become president of the United States
Seems legit.

>you will never run naked in the freezing cold colon of a secret government weapon that doubles as a transport device

All we got was 911.

>giant fortress is built underwater in manhatten harbor
>noone notices

The power of information control. And they probably killed anyone that did notice.

Wasn't that the point of the plant?

>Legs
>Nukes

That about sums it up

>father of atomic weapons
>"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

>Ocelot says he's the the spitting image of Big Boss
>Neither Snake nor Liquid were bothered that Big Boss was running the country

He didn't consider the possibility of the rail cannon being used to launch nuckes. He thought it was just for precision strikes against airborne objects like satellites or, of course, missiles. Basically he's a naive moron who just wanted to make cool robots like in his japanese animes.

The DARPA chief or the president of Armstech

He didn't make the weapons, They were made by Rivermore National Labs. And the Rail Gun wasn't classified, it was the stealth nuke that no one had been told about

>Foxdie designed to kill anyone involved with Metal Gear to cover it up
>Including Kenneth Baker the ArmsTech president
>Left the lead designer out of the programme

>implying the president runs the country
He's just a poster boy. And even then, his image was probably altered to avoid recognition.
The Patriots are truly a deus ex machina, whatever you question about the game - The Patriots or nanomachines.

Snake was in Alaska getting drunk while George was the president.
Liquid was probably too busy with revenge and practicing his "Miller" disguise in front of a mirror.

lol

President Baker, although it's a stupid as fuck system, a freezer and a microwave in the lunch room could foil it

lol

he's a metaphor for kojima

>mechanics by yoji shinkawa
>story by tomokazu fukushima

>developed complex and potentially hugely dangerous virus to wipe out anyone who worked on Metal Gear
>could have just bombed the shit out of Shadow Moses
>end up doing both

Well, that was its purporse, a mobile platform capable of shooting nukes without being detected, so yeah, he had no idea why he was building it in the first place

was fukushima the real writer behind mgs 2

fun fact
with each new MG kojima was more and more involved in development process

Engineering is modular, you can add different modules

But if i remember correctly wasn't the whole point of that card that no one else knew there was only one?

He thought it was a mobile defense platform

Snake wasn't dying despite being the carrier (go figure), and Meryl and Otacon weren't part of the program. There was also evidence in form of bodies, buildings, destroyed bipedal tank... this whole facility was supposed to be hush hush, but with Liquid announcing his takeover, media was onto it, information would not be able to be controled.

Lol

and it shows both in the writing and especially in the bossfights

you can tell someone else designed bossfights from 1-3

i won't count mgs4 because it just rehashes the previous ones except for the ingenious laughing octopus which was also probably not done by kojamas

it's not exactly a secret, his name is right there

also 1 and 3

him and murata, kojima was in charge of references

Hey man
He said it, not me

Was it this game or ZOE that the mechs was designed by the Gundam X crew?

> Mechs designed by Gundam X team
> no Satellite Cannons

They couldnt bomb the place until Metal Gear Rex was disabled, since that was the platform the terrorists could've used to launch nukes.

So canonically, could the rex tank a carpet bombing run? I mean, the railgun looks pretty fragile

>"Miller" only ever communicates with Snake over Codec which is audio-only
>Pic related

gray fox damaged it with some sort of laser gun.

snake disabled it with stinger missles

>what is breaking the 4th wall?

its not really audio only, even though they didn't specifically explain it. even in mgs3, they can tell what snake is wearing

Rex got blown to hell by Snake AND the bombing and was still in functional order Railgun and all in MGS4

was fukushima involved with mgs5

Rex was nigh invincible, you can't penetrate its armour with anything short of HEAT rounds. It still worked fine in MGS4 after the bombing run, after years of no maintenance even. The radome would get fucked up but everything else would be fine.

Name half the boards of this shitty site if you can

More importantly, could the Rex shoot out a nuke before the carpet bombing hits. Of course all of that was just bullshit since Rex was disabled but the threat was there nonetheless.

of course not

mgs v is just peace walker 2.0 but pw at least had a decent story

refresh my memory, its been a few years. how did snake get liquid to get out of it?

No, the opposite of that is a fact. With the earlier games the team was small enough for him to get involved with and have control over everything. For later games the huge size of the team and him having to handle the business side of things meant that he was far less involved. He didn't even start out as the director of 3, 4 or PW.

PW was also fun and wasn't OW THE EDGE

I like to think Liquid spent the entirety of the Shadow Moses mission practicing "Did you like my sunglasses?"

The cockpit is completely sealed off from the outside world and has no windows or anything, so there's no way to attack the pilot. That means the radome is the only way to see the battle, and Otacon intentionally made the radome a weak point because he's a fucking idiot who thinks he's in a mecha anime. So Snake blew up the radome and Liquid was forced to open the cockpit so he could see, then Snake shot a missile into the cockpit and blew up the control system, disabling it.

Correct.

>Snake! Did you mike ly sunglas- FUCK

And co-op.

Why doesn't he wear a shirt?

Nigga, it HAS to have a weakness
It literally MUST have one

So we can masturbate to him.

It's a meta-joke about his insane durability. Guy who walks around a military base without a shirt during the Alaskan winter has GOTTA be tough.

it's the perfect combination. do i really have to explain this to you? are you kidding me? grey leather duster. tough muscular dude, underneath it, inside of it. very sexual.

fag

So what happened to REX after MGS4? Did everyone just forget about him again? It's also pretty weird that the government didn't even try to recover him after Shadow Moses, considering the bajillions of dollars they spent on the project.

>"Can you build a robot for us that can actually walk and shit?"
>"Yeah, sure, but I am concerned about this little classified info I see mentioned sometimes."
>"You don't need to know that, just create fully functional mech like it you Japanese animes with our endless supply of money."
Fuck yeah he'd gloss over that.

You think thats tough? Meryl escapes the island with Snake with only a sleeveless vest, leaving both her head and arms bare. Shes even wounded so the extremely cold wind has to bite her straight into her bone.

Her arms should be two black frozen lumps by the time they get to safety.

>that pic
they don't have a single similar feature, even their skin color isn't the same shade of brown. literally every thing (eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, wrinkles, brow, etc) is different between them.

Well yeah, but she didn't have a choice and was could fuck Snake along the way to share body heat. Liquid does it solely because he has balls the size of grapefruits and doesn't give a fuck.

hate hate his sleeves on the play arts kai. Why is one rolled up and the other don't? He NEVER wears it that way in the game.

snake's pretty hot though

>Obama
>Osama
>FOX
>XOF

SHEEEEEEEEEEIT

i understood that reference

probably

>2009: Infamous Shadow Moses! I've read the book! Solid Snake is a legend!

>2014: What's Shadow Moses?

What the hell is he referencing??

He was lead engineer of the bipedal locomotion system without knowing anything about ballistics.

Though Otacon sure must've known about the fact it is developed as a military application. Students around the world are developing bipedal locomotion for DARPA even today and they very well know what are the potential applications of their development.

underrated post

I had a feeling

plastic sugery

the Patriots had crazy good information control even without JD.
the AI's also had a logic bug put there by Strangelove, where they would insist on doing the same thing over and over so long as it got results but immediately give up on something if it failed even once.

>I CREATED THE LASER FITTED ARMORED SCORPION OF DEATH TO HELP MANKIND, NOT TO DESTROY IT!

You just know that's one of the coolest moments on video, there's been like 10 people in history able to reach that level.

10/10 post user

It's symbolic

Real talk though why was REX just left on Shadow Moses Island between MGS1-4?

Name them

dude information control lmoa

MUFF?

I was just naming a narrow margin to keep emphasis on how fucking cool it is, couldn't think of anyone of the top of me head.

Damn, no worries

Yeah but the controls were utterly busted with a rocket. I realise during the Vamp fight Otacon was fixing it with the Mk. 2 but a fycking missile exploded in there.

Look how hurt it is, the poor thing ;_;

EYY SNAKE

TIME TO DIE

>deploy with REX in some desert shithole
>pilot puts on his weeb music at full blast

This. /thread.

Funny how the influx of mgsv babbies is so retarded understanding a simple game.

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

You'd do it. You'd kill thousands of people while doing it.

>get labeled a vailian
>did NOTHING wrong

He introduced Raiden into the family.
Oh, and created a special program to raise child soldiers. And then there was the fact that if his plan had gone through world would be plunged into chaos.

yeah, and?

George, is that you?

He was too busy teaching REX CQC in secret to notice.

He's such an underrated character but always gets chalked up to child soldiers and hostages.

"You can't stop the patriots! Doing so will make things CHAOTIC!!"

Yeah, and bitchslapping YHVH will make people despair cuz their dick god isn't as omnipotent as they believed. We get it. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

He was just obsessed with building robots like in his japanese animes.

Arms Tech probably told him REX was a mobile anti nuke defense system, and he chose to blieve it. Also, the weapon systems were made by a different team.

>he would prefer to live on his knees rather than die on his feet

Compared to the last couple of presidents, he's practically an angel

ULTRA BOX

>CQC

I have no idea why they use Close Quarters Combat as an actual name of a type of fighting style.

not jiu jitsu or krav maga or just make up a name for it, instead they literally just call it "Close Quarters Combat"

If you spell out the acronym in every sentence they use it in it always makes zero sense,

"the boss developed a technique called close quarters combat in ww2" what the fuck does that sentence even mean

This.

Snake, are you smoking?

Solid Snake didn't live on his knees and yet he still didn't actively work on fucking up innocent lives left and right, justifying it as giving them freedom, when really he just selfishly wanted to get into history books.

>he just selfishly wanted to get into history books.

K I N O
I
N
O

You wouldn't even notice, nobody did

The BTR-something had a model equipped with what they called the "Psychological warfare package". It was basically just the Grateful Dead's wall of sound bolted onto an APC chassis.

>was the lead engineer on Metal Gear REX
>it was a carbon copy of his dad's Sahelanthropus

either provide source or fuck off

you faggots love dressing memes up as rumors

Big Boss change his face at the end of TPP for the one of the medic. Later, at some point in MGS4, he was reconstructed with the parts of Liquid and Solidus, so he has the face of the later at the end of GotP.

You're talking shit m8.
Snake was definitively a product of The Patriots and was perpetually used by them to further their agenda.

>he just selfishly wanted to get into history books
Symbolism, he fought against being controlled to the point where your very existence can get swept under the rug using rhetoric and narratives, all to further benefit the status quo.

>which was a pale imitation of this guy's design

I don't even fucking know anymore.

Because every other system is obsolete in comparison to CQC, so it doesn't need a name.

Nah, he didn't have his face changed. Remember when he's in the leather jacket on the motorbike? He had to take spare parts from his sons because Snake blew his ass apart in MG2.

>tfw black holes and time traveling could actually explain REX, RAY and fucking Jehuty on Granin's room

Solidus outright admitted that because his ability to reproduce was engineered out he looked for other means to make himself immortal. Snake fought against control for the sake of the world and his friends, Solidus fought against it for his own sake. As one closer to the ones in control Solidus certainly knew more about it than Snake, who was just a pawn, hence why he was seemingly more successful at it. But his motivations and methods were still selfish.

Yeah, so what?

Liquid knew because he was hired by him. Snake is a patriot agent sent to stop the presidents plan to steal REX

Because he had both eyes dumbass

>implying you wouldn't want to tear the middle east up with a giant bipedal death machine while blasting Rock The Casbah through the loudspeakers

Ocelot tells him he'll have to change his face and name as he hands him Venom's passport in that scene. You could assume he went "nah fuck it" and didn't bother but that would make no sense.

They don't need to be explained

I had Pequod blast Cliffs of Dover on every attack run.

It is, though. They even specifically mention how it's a receiver that's implanted into your ear or some shit like that, so that only you could hear the incoming calls, plus a tiny mic. There's no visual component whatsoever. And neither was there one in the codec that BB used back in the cold war. MGS4 was the first one where you could actually see an image of the person you're talking to.

So who was the best Snake?

I say VENOM > SOLID > BIG BOSS > LIQUID

Venom may have been emotionless for a good part of his game, but he legitimately cared for people.

>so basically half of its features
No, just the payload that would be fired from the railgun.
Conceptually the railgun was designed to counter ICBMs by shooting them mid air a task made much easier by its massive range and projectile velocity.

Basically PLAY THE GAME YOU DUMB FAGGOT

>MGS4 was the first one where you could actually see an image of the person you're talking to.
>not MGS2, which uses literal telepathy

The radome looks like a fucked up smiley face, representing the condition that REX is in. I never noticed it before.

To be fair Snake fucked off into the middle of Alaska to race dogs all day and there's nothing to suggest that Liquid didn't know about Solidus.

>Jack, it's not power I want. What I wanted to take back from the Patriots are things like freedom, civil rights, opportunities. The founding principles of this country. Everything that's about to be wiped out by their digital censorship.

>All I want is to be remembered. By other people, by history. The Patriots are trying to protect their power, their own interests, by controlling the digital flow of information. I want my memory, my existence to remain.

Two clear goals; liberate America and be remembered for it.
I don't see how his second goal is unjust considering it's a byproduct of his primary goal, which isn't made for selfish means, rather for righteous ones.

DEAR BROTHER IM GOING TO GET INTO THIS HIND NOW

Acid had the best waifus.

Nah, Fukushimas biggest claim to fame in the series is writing Snake Tales for Substance.

SOLIDUS over all.

SOLIDUS > list ends here.

>being this wrong
MGSV is MGS2 taken in a different direction for different purposes you dumb google.

Solid is the only good one

He was a true patriot

Shit opinion.

Cretin.

And how many corpses did he walk over to get to that point? How many was he prepared to continue walking over? Liberating America through terror only creates false image of freedom, as one would need to continue applying terror to preserve the new world that suits them.
Snake's actions gave people freedom to decide for themselves, Solidus instead wanted to push his own vision on them, insisting on being remembered is pretty selfish, especially when compared to Snake being the opposite, correcting people who tried to call him a legend.

Features?

Nah, it was a cheap rehash of mgs 2

That sounds perfectly ordinary by real-world development standards.

>how many corpses did he walk over to get to that point?
>implying Solid was a saint who didn't harm any individuals to further his ideology
He even admits rather Otacon does, but Snake doesn't protest it to committing terrorism in after the Harrier fight. I don't deny that Solidus commit some heinous deeds to reach his end goal but who in the history or civilization hasn't?

Everything you said applies to many characters in the series, including protagonists.

>Snake's actions gave people freedom to decide for themselves
They literally didn't due to the Patriots controlling thought and speech.
>Solidus instead wanted to push his own vision on them
He literally doesn't, he wants citizens to have complete freedom of thought and speech. In a more contemporary comparison; he fought against censorship and thought policing and fought for freedom of speech.

Read again.

No, same twist for a totally different reason.

It was a cheap rehash of a single idea of mgs 2, while mgs 2 had many other ideas and the game itself was well crafted around those themes. Playing mgs2 after mgs1 is one the best gaming experiences ever.
Comparing mgs2 to mgsv is just plainly dumb.

RAIDEN>BB>Solid Snake> Solidus and Liquid.

Raiden is just the culmination of the previous Snakes, at least he was able to live a good life and has a family that loves him.
BB wasn't the hero everybody expected but he was at least charismatic. Solid Snake was really straight forward, he did his stuff and that's all. Venom is by far the least interesting Snake.
Liquid and Solidus are too damn good and over the top.

>Solid isn't charismatic
I'm guessing you didn't use the codec in MGS much.

No.

Venom dies like a puppet. Raiden rejects being a puppet. Besides the whole plot twist is better elaborated with Raiden, instead of a cheap rip off from the movie seconds.

>No.

Really makes you think.

Never said he wasn't charismatic, familion. I just said he was really straight forward, did his stuff and that's all. The mission was everything to him.

Solid literally won against all of them. There's no other answer.

testarinmo

>Venom dies like a puppet
Exactly, the twist in MGSV was about referencing both the Boss' death and the events of MGS2 to make Big Boss look like the biggest piece of shit in the series by far as for some reason players had gotten it into their heads that Big Boss was a good guy when in fact he never was.
The reason you play as a member of MSF is that MSF had bought into the legend of Big Boss much l like the player had been, they were similarly blind to all the shady shit that Big Boss did in Peace Walker because as far as they were concerned he was the good guy.

Thing is, BB is very different between MGS3 and any other ofhis appearances.
In 3 he's not only charismatic but emotive.
We've never seen a Snake smile like that up till that point or since.
Furthermore, BB was all about the mission in 3, so much so they put it in the actual dialogue.

Calling Snake straight forward compared to BB, or BB charismatic compared to Snake, just depends on what you cherry pick as evidence. I'd put them about the same, only with different ideologies.

What was even the benefit of making Solidus the president? Why go through all the trouble of making a perfect clone of the world's greatest soldier only to have him sit in an office all day and be your puppet?

The patriots must have had a thousand other people who could have been their figurehead yet they chose someone whose very appearance would raise suspicions due to looking exactly like Big Boss, who would require an entire fake history and background to be produced and who would age at an unnaturally fast rate whilst in office.

Did Kojima just throw in the "Mr President" line in MGS1 as a cheap twist with no plan to make it work?

>Did Kojima just throw in the "Mr President" line in MGS1 as a cheap twist with no plan to make it work?

Yes.

I just prefer BB to Solid Snake which doesn't take any merit from solid snake(the man is also funny and charismatic but on his own way). Their ideologies are quite different tho, meanwhile BB goes from a straight forward spy like you said, he goes to nomad to a warmonger . Meanwhile Snake goes from a straight forward spy to a man fighting for freedom and changing the world to an old man that believes the world should stay the same. Raiden follows the ideology of Snake from mgs2.

Best Korea and South Korea have been blasting propaganda and k-pop at each other over the border on and off for decades. They've got speakers set up that can be heard from like 20 miles away.

>What was even the benefit of making Solidus the president?

Showing that the Patriots can put in that potions whoever they want, I guess.

in that position*

Solidus was the perfect clone of BB. Achieving that was the Patriot/Zero dream together with their control schemes. BB was supposed to be the best man for any job and that's who they wanted at their side, being the leader of the New world order.

Dunno. It seems both sides had retarded idelogies from people that didn't seem that bad (BB for example was still a hero image on MGS4 and even the legendary Solid Snake respected him)
Zero wanted total control and BB anarchy.
Solid Snake was always trying to fit in between, while being a loyal spy and soldier and also fighting against the Patriots, and that created conflicts to his persona like his attitude on mgs4 with him working as a hitman for the patriots but also wanting to protect the world. Meanwhile Raiden decided to follow his own ideology that he got from mgs2 snake.

Exactly.
It forces the enemy to look for 3 cards, when only 1 exist.
Its actually a good system.

Solid only discover he's a puppet in the end of the games.
He wasnt fighting against the Patriot in 2. He led an organizacional to fight against the proliferation of metal gear. Patriot are only discover in the end. And in 4, again Patriot reveal themselves at the very end but he manages to do some thing about it.
In all games, youre always being a puppet to someone else.