Firewatch developer Campo Santo is moving into film development...

> Firewatch developer Campo Santo is moving into film development, with an adaptation of the indie adventure game as its first theatrical project. The team is working with production and financing company Good Universe to create new games and movies, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
>Set in the wilderness of Wyoming, Firewatch won acclaim earlier this year and sold over three million copies to date. There’s neither a cast set in stone nor a release date for the upcoming film, although Mad Men’s Rich Sommer voiced the game’s lead character, Henry.

What game should get it's own movie?

>binary domain sells 30,000 copies
>firewatch sells 3,000,000 copies

I hate this fucking industry

Sounds like a disaster-in-waiting.

So they weren't videogames in the end.

>make a movie
>call it a videogame
>make it a movie

Three million? That sounds like a fucking mistake. Firewatch was talked about for sure but it didnt get that much exposure in the end. Look at Undertale, that shit was talked about fucking everywhere but it only sold bit over million I think?

This, this right here is what 90% of them into making games today should realise. They want to make movies...just go fucking make movies.

another movie?

Normie here. It was fairly hyped on the mainstream sites and is on Xbox and PS4. I went to a friend's house to find him playing it on his Xbox so casuals probably bought it up.

>movies about walking

>3 million
There's no fucking way, this trash ass game sold that much. What would they even make it about? Would they actually make the twists interesting?

Thought the same.

Did he rike it?

>not an interactive movie

Well there's a movie where two dudes just sit in a restaurant and talk.

It was already a movie

It has 400k owners on steam. Factor in all the casuals on PS4 and Xbox and it's plausible.

I've played it and we basically have the same opinion: it's a good experience but the ending is so unsatisfying

at least they won't have to cast any good looking actresses for the radio lady

we already watched i, robot man

At least they acknowledge that they can't make video games.

>it's a good experience
Hello tumblr or reddit.
It's not good, it's a walking sim.
You gave yourself away by saying it's an experience, but atleast you didn't say it was a game.

>Interactive story game actually becomes a movie

Well then.

It's already a movie, though.

and another where he talks on a phone booth all throughout the movie
god tier movie too

Have you seen Gerry?

Don't its a boring as fuck movie

how to trigger Cred Forums
it was
comfy
also how do I make spoiler tags that wouldve been better

There's a movie about a guy in as coffin.

You have to go back

Just wait until they are out of their hugbox and can't bank on any excuses after film people shit all over it.

Get out newfag.
I'm more bothered by your retardation than your opinions.

im not new just new to Cred Forums
i browsed fit and fa way back

Fuck I read Overwatch, what a fucking disappointment.

yes, go back

you still didnt answer my question
it was comfy

Well, at least they are making movies now.

World of Warcraft

To be fair, i wouldn't mind seeing Until Dawn. Was a good fucking game and would make a good thriller.

Like I said, I enjoyed it except for the ending.

Some games are good experiences, even if there's not a huge or traditional type of gameplay. See Journey. That experience will stay with me for the rest of my life.

well there is movie about dude driving a car and talking with people

I understand why people don't like games with nominal gameplay but I don't understand why Cred Forums seems to be the only place to actively hate it. They're just an evolution of FMV games once technology improved.

Exactly. And it's fine if you don't like it, we all have different tastes. I don't like sports games at all. But it doesn't mean they're bad, it just means I don't like them.

People love to pretend their opinions are facts here.

Most of Cred Forums wasn't even alive during the main days of FMV.

How is it a movie?
I finished it and it doesn't even have a plot, it's just a bunch of random motifs thrown together.

>oh no your wife has sclerosis multiplex and you abandoned her
>that weird lady may or may not be taking the piss at you
>oh no there's a weird research station lol jk it's just a boring ass wildlife survey station
>oh no those teens disappeared lol joke they fine
>oh no there's a fire
>oh no that kid from 10 years ago is dead

Hopefully it's successful and convinces them and other indies to go and stay go.

The twist is you go to the theater and play an actual videogame as opposed to Firewatch the video game which was a movie. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Oh boy another fucking vidya adaption that definitely won't be shit just like the smash hit Super Mario Bros movie, the smash hit Resident Evil movies, the smash hit Tomb Raider movies, the smash hit Silent Hill MOVIES, the smash hit Mortal Kombat movies and especially the smash hit World of Warcraft movie

I didn't say it was a good movie

They are probably going to change it to the point where the plot of the movie has nothing to do with the one in the game

Its literally "Nothing happens: The game"

>why don't they just make a movie
>They actually do

Gotta Respect that

who are you calling robot man, faggot

>Three million copies sold
>Know literally nothing about this game
So it's a movie that was sold as a game that's becoming a movie? Are we abandoning all pretense about "cinematic gaming" now?