Why is Majora Mask the best Zelda ever made?

Why is Majora Mask the best Zelda ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/2962/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I unironically think so. But only because Wind Waker felt like it was missing another big Island's worth of content.

transformations
cool, dark story
interactive town / NPCs with their own schedule
Unique 3 day system

At first I used to prefer Ocarina of time but back in 2012 I did a second playthrough of Majora and realized how deep the lore and story is meant to be also I am a huge fan of time traveling. The side quests in this game are so unique unlike the most recent ones, they're all linear cinematic experiences and bores me to death (WW and Twilight were fine but fucking Skyward was such a turn-off and not due to its motion controls. Due to its shitty story, atmosphere and open world)

Because they didn't develop a better Zelda before and after MM.

It's hard to believe it was made under a year

>not set in Hyrule
>you only see Zelda for a total amount of 6 seconds when you get the Ocarina
>the time travel aspect is actually well-used
>the NPCs have fucking purpose
>the masks are nice gameplay changes without altering the core of itself
>game doesn't hold your hand most of the time, you need to talk to people to figuer out shit, especially the scarecrow
>there is plenty of symbolism and lore hidden in Termina which is nice to find
>the story is not "you are a special snowflake and you are destined to kill bad guy"

Also probably one of the only times where Nintendo ever did NPCs right.

>Greatfish isle

Because it didn't try to follow the traditional Zelda format and it did a great job of standing out.

Because you can replay the important parts of the game without completely restarting the game.

The three day thing is really novel. There are a handful of games that do it similarly, but they don't quite match the atmosphere or have that startling cognitive dissonance Termina has with it being a warped alternate universe of Ocarina's hyrule.

Conker's BFD is the only non-level based game that I can think of that allows you to do this.

Unless you count Mario 64's Stars.

Reminder

Pleeb
Oot
SS
Alttp

Patrician
MM
Windwaker
Minishcap
Oracle games

God tier
Tp
LA

>TP
>God tier

It's an okay game, it's a bit slow but dungeons and bosses are solid

That's precisely why it was so good. Creativity thrives under pressure and constraint. It stagnates when given too much freedom.

OOT is genuinely good game, just because its played a lot doesn't make it bad in any regard other than a lot people enjoy and its gateway into the series

I'm more of a link between worlds kind of boy

>Not playing this
romhacking.net/hacks/2962/

DO YOU EVEN OCD, AUTISM AND ASPERGER'S?

>Majora's Mask was fantastic
>Wind Waker is an unfinished pile of shit with a terrible gimmick
What happened?

what's the point of playing this instead of the actual N64 rom?

Nothing.

Maybe I've just burned out like a collapsing star but Ocarina has a pretty snot boring overworld. Great for getting to the next Dungeon but I actually ran out of shit to do as a kid because there's nothing big to do besides the Mask Quest and Bombchu Bowling all day every day.

The Dungeons are still great though. I spent ages just admiring the pretty little courtyard area of the Forest Temple.

From what I've played the opposite is true.

>majora
>unfinished

>Wind Waker with the third pearl just being tossed at you and the Triforce shard gathering shit
>finished

Not gonna argue, just how I feel.
MM felt like a disjointed "re-used assets" game

Maybe because it was rushed, you guys all know the story behind its development. Anyway it had much better textures than the shitty stretched bmps from OOT

>Here's a list of patches for The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Gamecube roms that should revert all of the cosmetic changes, emulation related changes, bugs/glitches, and various censorship changes.

So yeah, nothing.

There is a patch to remove the Anti Aliasing used in N64 games though, you can play this on a real N64 if you have an Everdrive.

Unless it gives you the Japanese Deku Palace grottos It seems pretty pointless.

You wouldn't understand.

It's easy to see when they plagiarised oot

Lightning Returns did it better

>plagiarism is OK when my favourite game does it guise!

It wasn't, and I haven't met anyone under 25 that thinks so. You faggots are delusional, MM is the worst Zelda.

> muh dark lore

SS sidequests>MM sidequests
Any Zelda sidequests>MM sidequests

Children have shit taste. More news at 11

:'-(

nothing personnel

I just like how the 4 areas are divided into the griefs stage anyway

I'm actually starting to think that Wind Waker is my favorite.

The combination of the sailing + the chorus when using the wind waker + exploring + meeting different NPCs on different islands + grandma's soup + treasure finding + medli is pretty cute

I mean it's a pretty comfy game overall.

but i mean the soup in the inn in majora's mask is pretty calming too and i love the froggies, and i like the toilet too even thoug there's a hand in it.