Riddle me this. Why does the matchmaking feel so polarized...

Riddle me this. Why does the matchmaking feel so polarized? You're either in a long streak of teams wrecking the complete shit out of the opponent, or you're in a long streak of absolute shit teams with people literally walking around like headless chickens up until the point you just quit playing the game for a while until you log into a winning streak again.

It feels so off.

I'm on Platinum on PS4 btw.

>I'm on PS4

Fight me.

It's the snowball effect of the game. One team gets a slight advantage, the other team becomes disoriented while the first team gets faster ults. Just the game.

Okay, but you don't get aim assist

You have any statistics to back this up?

Also there are obviously psychological effects in play when you are tilted.

Time of day

>PS4

>PS4

>platinum rank
>PS4
It's better if you don't voice your opinions about gameplay to be honest.

>admitting ps4 OW on this website
Good job killing your own thread OP, you realize how many autists are here?

FORCED
50%
WIN RATE

>I'm on Platinum on PS4 btw.

Kek I've noticed. Tbh a game like Overwatch is best made for consoles. Claiming superiority of PC on Overwatch is just bullshit. It's not like it's really about individual shooter skills.

hah yeah it's a bit silly on console but let's lay off the guy for now?

>"as a platinum ranked player, my opinion is that..."
>"forced 50"
>"mei/bastion/junkrat/genji is OP"

My experiance was very much like OP's.

Let's ignore the matchmaking then. How often does a 99%/99% split happen on a KOTH match? Too often to be a coincidence. To say it isn't forced is to admit you're a blind idiot.

>on PS4

Yea. But the only way they can somehow enforce this is by changing spawn timers around.

>How often does a 99%/99% split happen on a KOTH match? Too often to be a coincidence.
You are an idiot. Close matches like this mean the matchmaking system is good.

has anyone played overwatch on console and pc?

I play it on xbox and I plan on moving to pc very soon.

Are people less braindead when it comes to teamwork on pc? Do people use mics a lot?

>Play Overwatch Comp
>Most games it's just me and my premade friends of 3 sticking together, sometimes one extra random follows us
>Usually all randoms just roam about on their own, ignore group up call outs.

>Play Hawken
>Team of random people always sticks together, no need for spamming Group up with me voice lines.

Then explain why its been recorded that after a string of match wins, damage dealt is slightly reduced in order to force losses, to maintain a 50% win rate.

same thign with league of legends

shits horrible at matchmaking. not to mention half the players are autistic whiny children who will quit if you die once in the first 10 mins.

its because they use a shitty algorithm that cant measure individual skill very well, so it just matches you up based off of some stats

>damage dealt is slightly reduced in order to force losses
Go ahead and give sauce on that
I'll wait

>after a string of match wins, damage dealt is slightly reduced in order to force losses, to maintain a 50% win rate.

Prepare for weeb autism rage

>why its been recorded
Post source or GTFO

pla wit me sempie
i tak u to da victree

US servers: people use mics
EU: nobody ever uses mics
In general, matches are completely braindead clusterfucks unless you're playing diamond and above ranked matches.

Solo queue is generally more successful than partly premade groups like that, because faggots like you only stick together with your friends and don't cooperate with the other players on your team.

As I expected I guess.

At least people will actually be able to hit pharah on the pc version, that will be refreshing rather than seeing my team mates fall one by one to a pharah 3 feet above them

Both of you faggots add me on PSN: Ven380
this might be turn off, but I have no mic gave it away cause I never thought I'd need it
Competent though

PC here I started season 2 at around 2200 points, after a week of mostly balanced win/lose gameplay I finally started getting more and more wins, eventually I hit 2561

Within a day of me hitting platinum, I've been paired with people who have no business even playing quick play.

I've went from 2500 all the way down to 2000.

The sole reason is that my teammates just geeting running in and dying, or flanking and dying. It's just an endless feed of my teammates dying.

Most matches i'll finish with around 5 deaths at the most if im careless, theyre all 10 - 20

its fucked. i just want this season to be over.

They've explicitly admitted the solo queue has forced 50

Post proof or GTFO, just like this guy:

Maybe the other guys carried you to 2500 aswell? People pin success on themselves and failures on others.

By who? Your autistic dumbass?
Source or gtfo

I play it on xbox and I'm platinum as well. Yes the matchmaking is very polarized. Either "gg ez" wins or "never had a chance" losses. I don't really feel I'm contributing anything to in victories or losses.

I play the game since release and it is very noticeable the majority of the matches went from relative equal clustefucks and "lucky - sneaky ults decides the winners" from "one team does nothing but dies while the other simply walks into the cap"

Watching the changes in King of the Hill is the most obvious proof. While in the usual defend - attack matches the weaker team could do something on defend (even if they lose in the end miserably) KOTH is about absolute steamrolls. Even after the overtime change KOTH was somewhat okay. Losers mostly had 60-70%+ charge on average. Now most rounds are 0% - 100% or 20% - 100% and the reason they got 20 is becuse they dropped all of their ults at once (but instantly lost the point when the other team got back from the spawn, even without them using their ults)

>matchmaking is fine

>If I lose, it's the game's fault

it puts you on teams with idiots, not the same skilled level players. or just generally bad teammates, who dont try to win really, troll, do their own thing, etc.

>play like shit
>lose games because you play like shit
>WOWW BLIZZARD
The only constant in each game is you. Get good.

>i-it's the games fault that trolls and derankers exist. Matching me with people of my approximate rank is broken. I'm good I swear

try harder pathetic autists

If I'm constantly matched with leavers, hanzokids, and idiots who say "gg" and go afk after losing the first objective it is indeed the game's fault.

i dont think you understand. it puts you on people who dont want to win or even try. against 5 people who are trying. so ya. not good.

>I'm constantly matched with leavers
>constantly
You are not losing a significant amount of rank due to people leaving because there is no way it is that common of a phenomenon outside of silver and bronze where people just don't give a shit

>I'm the only good player on my team
>despite having the same SR
>the game personally distinguishes, tracks and marks troll players among millions of others
>only to put them on my team and spoil the game for me personally
Do you even understand how your complaints sound right now?

Blizzard has a machine that allows them to determine a persons future motives and actions and they are using it to make sure that your e-peen isn't as big as it deserves to be? What a terrible misuse of such technology.

ur an idiot. sure me and 2 other good players on my team, with 1 idiot who is trolling. against 5 people who are just generally trying to win.

u are seriously retarded btw how you talk in your posts.

>u are seriously retarded btw how you talk in your posts.
>ur
>u

>the game is supposed to read peoples minds and know if they want to try or not
wew lad

Then explain to me why out of 10 games that I've played today 3 had leavers, 2 of which were on my team? I know that this is not common, but there must be appropriate punishment for people who do that.

what the hell is wrong with these people?

>defending "skill rating number" ever
Are you retarded? Do you even know how it works?

2/10 bait, made me reply

Nothing you're just autistic

Are you in bronze, silver, or placement matches?
It is also possible that they left because you were getting stomped and would have probably lost anyway. Not that it's justified, that's still bullshit, but you should blame the leavers for a loss you would have likely gotten anyway

There are punishements for leaving, some people just don't give a shit. Getting people on your team that leave os just shit luck

you're the best of the lowest tier of pc users if you are the best on console.

that sounds like a steep argument but, you cant spin with a controller, 90% of plays made in clutch involve precise movements controllers cannot accomplish,

at least youre not on xcuck one

Just call it a day if you get a 3 loss streak.

im gold on pc but always get thrown into 500points or more lower average of my teams,. if you win you get 20 points or so , if you lose you lose 100 almost so all the time i spend winning is to reset the one or two losses i get each time i play,

there is no class preference , no playstyle grouping, you either get the koreans or you dont;

pc master race

I'm in platinum. Calibrated to ~2500, went up to 2900 with ~60 winrate in 10 days. After that I started to get ridiculous losing streaks and went down to 2300.
Those punishment are a fucking joke.

you can complain all you want unless you are top of the SR like we are you dont know wtf you are talking about the typical Cred Forums rebuddles dont work if you dont have facts

my SR is always 100 at the very least more than anyone on my team you can see by an emblem inside of your logo.

saying he doesnt get matched with his skill level is more than accurate because this is a tencent game,

>doubting your chinese overlords
ill save a chopstick for you

Are you okay, user? You sure you're not having a stroke?

i agree im not the type to dodge and i fking hate leavers but ive left 2 games in competitive and all they give you is a preset timer already counting down even if you log out, the problem is if you have a team you can dodge for your mates and there is no consequence

underage harder son, we are having a conversation

this is how PC master race people think

when ur on a shit team with feeders and afk troll's its ok because blizzard says it works

im pc an im agreeing with you, these people are just on Cred Forums to talk about games they cant afford

lol

I came back two weeks late into season 2. Placed at 2900 solo queue, reached 3000 and then found retards dropping me down to 2600. At this point I AGAIN became ridiculously frustrated and angry because this game is so easy yet people don't know what the fuck they are doing half the time. Get tired of wasting my time because it just becomes a back and forth chess match where one can literally not progress forward so i quit again. How the fuck I spent over 100 hours playing this game is beyond me