Why does the art style and design in the 343 Halo games suck so much ass when you compare them with the Bungie games...

Why does the art style and design in the 343 Halo games suck so much ass when you compare them with the Bungie games? Artistically speaking, the Reach visuals (and Combat Evolved Anniversary) are far better than anything in 4 and 5.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88&t=4m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The reach armor looked like viable space armor, and the art style made it feel tangible. The armor wasn't clean, it was roughed up, had textures that didn't immediately make it feel like a bunch of polygons. The designs weren't overly complicated and generic forgettable garbage, rather designs that were simpler and distinguishable. Whenever you compare Spartans from all the halo games, the reach Spartan will always look the most real.

Reach's art style could restrain itself, 343 could not.

>We want the Warframe audience
Fuck these chucklefucks at 343. They butchered mostly everything that made halo halo. Fuck even the shotgun doesn't even resemble a shotgun or have the iconic glow sight. It's typical autistic future garbage like Mass Effect.

Here's the halo 4/5 dmr. Look at it's design. Look at the hand holding it.Look at the environment. Looks pretty fake, feels fake

343 has no idea what the fuck they're doing with armor designs
>cant mix and match shoulders/chest/legs force it all down to HELMET BODY and VISOR
>99% of the helmets have no visor
>the 343 helmets that do have visors have some retarded triangle head shit going on so it still just looks retarded
>removed the dick protection from body armor because they thought it "looked like a space diaper" or something retarded
>some armor types look good but they all have some retarded 3rd color that you cant change so if you want to be a Green/black spartan you have to have some white decals all over the fucking armor

Halo 5's gameplay is great but fuck the armor design

The more I look at the 343 games, it looks like an HD Metroid Prime fan game with zero cohesion.

It's really depressing that the Reach had better art direction than Halo 5

Look at the reach variant. Look at it's design. Note how it handles the ammunition counter. Look at the hand, the environment. The gun feels heavier and more solid, and the armor on the hand is understandable and looks durable The complexity of the technology is implied not advertised. The environment has a fog, the colors are faded, balancing the radical concepts the game is dealing with, making it something unique to experience.

They both look like shit user. Halo has always had terrible art direction

343i can't into art design. They literally made prometheans disappear when killed because "it looked cool".

wait, arent they Doom helmets?

I feel that Bungie's helmets were simpler than 343's. But 343 details every section of the helmets which can look nice at times, but sometimes simplicity is better.

Well most of Bungos art team went to Destiny I'm pretty sure (not that destiny is exempt from having a ton of shit armor) but I think it was more they wanted to look distinctly different than bungos run.

>terrible art direction
I disagree
I was just thinking about this today and Halo is one of those few games that knows what it wants to be and look like

This, bungie's artists knew not to put too much unessecary detail and make the armor look industrial looking and somewhat professional. Sometimes putting in too much makes an object, character or environment cluttered.

Looking for decent helmets in Halo 5? Let me help you with that.

Looks fine in 5.

Warrior is top tier closest thing we'll get to EOD ;_;

Jesus, the silver default visor is fucking ugly. Even the Reach default visor was better.

>Indomitable

What's so special about it?

hand loos like leather though. also something is wrong with the guns shadows. scope lens texture is nice

Nothing. It's just better comparitively.

>We can never go back

I hate how the hermes helmet looks more like the eva helmet than the actual eva helmet

looks like shit, its just a flat color, almost no textures.

test

This looks like bootleg anime.

Whi geenlit this shit?

>those anime cat ears

I haven't owned a Halo game since Halo 2, is that real?

Honestly I like the top right one and a couple of those seem "ok" at Best Buy you're right, 343 has no design plan. Armors are just cobbled together from outsourced artisans and even the new renditions of classic armor look bad.

They put Emile's knife in the wrong side. How do you even fuck that up?

>"Mark V"
Fuck that abortion , 343 can't do anything without fucking it up

I WANT YOU TO _________ ____ __

all of them are supposed to be some kind of animal, bottom leftmost is a frog, top second from right is a cobra, i duno about the others tho

Fuck that alien

343 is trying to be different for the sake of being different

they have no respect for the originals, as evidenced by the fact that Creative Assembly working on fucking Halo Wars 2 has a better grasp of the classic design than 343

man you didnt like this thread, did you

SURRENDER THAT PREORDER

SURRENDER THAT PIE

FUCK ME JERRY

I grabbed it from a youtube video, give me a break.

With all do respect sir, I don't think I can do that.

>most of the good looking helmets are from bungie halo games

Wow, what a fucking surprise

>EVE
how was it even possible for them to fuck up this helmet, Buccaneer look closer to EVE then EVE its self

are you questioning 343 design?
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88&t=4m40s

Halo 3 armor design is the best, simple and clean.

Destiny has better art design than halo 5 desu

That video is kinda misleading, even Bungie broke a lot of those points in Reach.

I agree but at the end of the day it still is a shitty game.

>Security helmet
>That little pseudo-Marathon symbol
I'm getting angry

wasn't it a marathon inspired helmet back in halo 3?

It's based off the helmet of the security officer from Marathon, back in halo 3 and reach, it had the actual symbol on it, because Bungie owns Marathon.
Now they're just doing it because Bungie did it but they have a similar looking symbol because of copyright.
They also bastardized the helmet even more.

Looks better than the reach version desu

I honestly hadn't seen the reach version in a while, but yeah that does look awful.
It really just looked the best in Halo 3