I haven't played a good RPG since Witcher 3 and I'm starting to have withdrawals...

I haven't played a good RPG since Witcher 3 and I'm starting to have withdrawals. I'm even starting to consider playing weeb RPGs that's how bad it's getting.

Are there literally any big RPGs on the horizon? I need memorable characters to talk to, new worlds to explore, monsters to slay, and a compelling plot to follow or not follow as I waste time with meaningless but thoroughly enjoyable sidequests.

I've obviously already played all the big obvious stuff from Ultima, TES, Wizardry, Might and Magic, all the Infinity Engine stuff, Dragon Age, Gothic, Witcher and I've even dipped my toe in some of the not so weeby nip games like Souls, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for and Dragon's Dogma which was pretty close but lacked any real character.

So I don't know where to go from here and it doesn't really look like there is anything on the horizon so before I consign myself to MMOs and/or suicide(basically the same thing tbqh) I thought I'd ask here first.

>Are there literally any big RPGs on the horizon
Horizon??

Is there even an RPG?

I just thought it was a third person openworld action game but instead of a city and cars you've got ruins and robodinos.

It's an ARPG according to the devs

According to the devs half the games out there today are RPGs.

>Are there literally any big RPGs on the horizon?
ELEX.

Thank you user, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have no idea how it slipped pasted my radar.

Divinity Original Sin, D:OS 2 is currently in early access with the first act playable. Southpark Stick of Turth was actually a pretty good RPG and they have Fractured but Hole in development. Legend of Grimrock/2 for old school crpg. There's also an indie game made by a guy called The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians which is also an old school-type crpg with a more modern day rpg type combat slant that I really enjoyed (the dialogue is kind of trash, but I don't think the dude's first language is English and the rest of the game was enjoyable). The Last Remnant is a jrpg I enjoyed. Valkyria Chronicles as well, jrpg with turn-based military action. Shadowrun Dragonfall for some cyberpunk. Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor for some Tolkien action RPG action. Might and Magic X Legacy I also enjoyed if you haven't played that yet.

Try geneforge.

>geneforge
I will thanks.

>Are there literally any big RPGs on the horizon?
It depends. Do you consider 61 years from now on the horizon?

Yes, relatively speaking, what game do you have in mind?

cyberpunk 2077

I don't think the game is any more than 2 or 3 years out at this point.

Try Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah, if you're into more actiony RPGs.

I've already played both. I didn't list them because neither is what I'd really consider a 'traditional' RPG. It's hard nailing down what anyone means by RPG these days since the meaning is so broad that anything with stats might as well be called an RPG at this point.

Dark Messiah for example is a fun but short first person kicking dudes off cliffs and rope arrows simulator but it's not really the sort of 'grand adventure' type game I'm looking for if you know what I mean.

GUYS I NEED A TURN BASED COMBAT RPG WHEN YOU START AS A LITTLE FARMER WHO THEN HAS TO SAVE THE WORLD

WHERE ARE THE PATRICIAN GAMES ?

How about one where you start as a mighty prince who becomes a little farmer?

It's ok, just give me something to play i'm fucking depressed having to replay old games

Since you don't seem to mind playing older games, have you ever played Dark Sun? There's 2 games, made by SSI back in the '90s, and it features a fairly unique fantasy setting.

Also, I highly recommend you give a shot to Realms of Arkania.

>ELEX

I sincerely doubt Piranha Bytes has learned their lesson.

It'll probably be something like Risen 2 or 3 in terms of quality.

>Risen 2 and 3
Oh God those games are fucking awful.
Then again I don't like the first one either.
I remember being in a thread a while back praising the Risen games.
I don't get it.

The first Risen is decent. It has its flaws (that stupid fucking awful boss), but it's basically a slightly lower in quality Gothic-like game.

Risen 2 and 3? Just fucking abysmal.

If I didn't enjoy the first Risen would I enjoy the Gothic games/

Probably not.

Give Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven a try anyway.

Not like you have that many games to choose from and it's really worth giving it a shot.

I might just do that.

Well, when you say 'grand adventure', Dragon Quest VII comes to mind. I've played the original on PS1 and it's one of my favorite JRPGs of all times. It's massive. You get to meet lots of cool and memorable characters, visit all kinds of places, travel through time, etc.

Torment tides of numera. Should be coming out soon, beta was released already.

Might as well. It's been decades since I've played an honest to goodness weeb rpg.

Which version should I play?

Look bigger
All good JRPG I played are all ds/3ds exclusive
And also look for CRPG genre

Lost Odyssey is a great jrpg if you have a 360.

Typically I like to wait until a game is actually released if you jump in on early access or betas you can get an unjust negative impression of a game. That and I don't like playing half a game, stopping abruptly when I hit the end of the content and then waiting a year or two to play the other half.

Usually I just wait until it's all been officially finished so I can enjoy the whole experience.

I don't sadly.

I've got a PC PS3/4 and a Wii U

>look bigger
>All good JRPG I played are all ds/3ds exclusive
that's an oxymoron, you stupid Nintendicksucker.

>ds/3ds exclusive
Yeah but I hate handhelds.

Tell me the DS games though since I can emulate those.